Join the Bitchfest >>

Dems eat themselves.

Kirsten Gillibrand opens the floodgates as female Democratic senators call on Al Franken to resign

“As elected officials, we should be held to the highest standards—not the lowest. The allegations against Sen. Franken describe behavior tha...
Washington Examiner
--Anonymous
replies 265Dec 6, 2017 6:52 AM +00:00

Complete bullshit, but I see why they're doing it. Al Franken has to be the sacrificial lamb because otherwise Dems can't criticize Republicans like Moore or Trump.

I get it, but I don't agree. Franken was clearly set up.

--Anonymous
replies 1Dec 6, 2017 6:56 AM +00:00
Al Franken has to be the sacrificial Jew because that's life in bigoted America.

Fixed.

--Anonymous
replies 2Dec 6, 2017 7:00 AM +00:00

"You really are nuts you know that, R2? You've got splinters in the windmills of your mind."

--Mama
replies 3Dec 6, 2017 7:01 AM +00:00

R2, that is beyond the pale. Franken is in this mess owing to his own actions. It is time for him to go.

--Anonymous
replies 4Dec 6, 2017 7:02 AM +00:00

Wasn't he rehearsing a sexy skit?

--Anonymous
replies 5Dec 6, 2017 7:03 AM +00:00

The number of accusers has mounted, what choice to do they.

--Anonymous
replies 6Dec 6, 2017 7:03 AM +00:00

Yoda?

--Anonymous
replies 7Dec 6, 2017 7:04 AM +00:00

I hate it, but I agree he's got to go.

--Anonymous
replies 8Dec 6, 2017 7:04 AM +00:00

Franken isn't going anywhere. OP is a troll who keeps posting this shit. Fuck off OP!

--Anonymous
replies 9Dec 6, 2017 7:08 AM +00:00

This is exactly why men and women need to just keep their hands to themselves. Because of Shit like this. I like al too. Be he created this mess for himself.

Political correctness run a muck.

That me too backlash against women isn't going to be pretty.

--Very sad
replies 10Dec 6, 2017 7:08 AM +00:00

R3 R4 Why is the focus on Franken? Surely there are other senators/reps who are sexual abusers? Why are they not being exposed?

--Anonymous
replies 11Dec 6, 2017 7:08 AM +00:00

Well, they could start by calling for Trump to resign and for McConnell to condemn Moore and vow to expel him if elected. Where are all the GOP members accused ? And how dare Miss Lindsey stand there in solidarity with these women, yet support Trump and Moore. Sorry, but brushing someones ass with your hand as you have your picture taken is not harassment These women are picking the wrong fight and playing right into the hands of the GOP......If these women, these SENATORS, want to send a message, go after people accused of real harassment and abuse...starting at the top with the predator in chief.

--Anonymous
replies 12Dec 6, 2017 7:09 AM +00:00

I am not, r9/ hon. Look at my history. I'm not posting the same shit. Now get back on your fucking meds you unhinged bi polar mental case!!!!

--OP
replies 13Dec 6, 2017 7:11 AM +00:00

It won't matter that they call him to resign. Not on the day when the Jerusalem news Trump is going to announce sucks the oxygen of everything out there. That news is huge!

--Anonymous
replies 14Dec 6, 2017 7:12 AM +00:00

r9 =

m.popkey.co
--Anonymous
replies 15Dec 6, 2017 7:13 AM +00:00

Will Kamala Harris bust Willie Brown, oh that's right she fucked him to get what she wanted. Complete hypocrite perfect for Senate, Al needs to stay and fight!!

--Gavin N
replies 16Dec 6, 2017 7:13 AM +00:00

R13 is not OP because I have him blocked. Eat shit you lunatic troll.

--Anonymous
replies 17Dec 6, 2017 7:13 AM +00:00
pbs.twimg.com
--Anonymous
replies 18Dec 6, 2017 7:13 AM +00:00

I have R18 blocked and I only block Trumptards.

--Anonymous
replies 19Dec 6, 2017 7:15 AM +00:00

ENOUGH, r9/ r17 !!! What is wrong with you?

--Anonymous
replies 20Dec 6, 2017 7:17 AM +00:00

I posted on the first Franken thread that if this becomes a distraction and there is potential that Franken lose his 2018 race because of these allegations, then he needs to step aside. Well, it's certainly become a distraction. We know the Republicans are happy to blame Democrats no matter what they do, so he shouldn't step aside to satisfy Republicans. He should step aside so Dems can focus on taking back the Senate and the House in 2018. The MN governor should appoint Keith Ellison to the Senate, just to piss Roy "Muslims don't belong in Congress" Moore off and to placate some of the leftists who wanted Ellison as DNC chair.

--Anonymous
replies 21Dec 6, 2017 7:21 AM +00:00

Franken should resign when Trump does and when Moore quits the race and not a moment sooner.

--Anonymous
replies 22Dec 6, 2017 7:24 AM +00:00

Franken is putting Dems in a horrible position. He's put them in a position where they have to waste political capital to fucking defend him. He should resign, work on a project to prove he wants to atone (assault victim rights or something like that) and come back to politics after that.

--Anonymous
replies 23Dec 6, 2017 7:26 AM +00:00
The MN governor should appoint Keith Ellison to the Senate, just to piss Roy "Muslims don't belong in Congress" Moore

That it doesn't bother either the Dems or R21 that Ellison is a bigot illustrates just how bankrupt Dems are.

--Anonymous
replies 24Dec 6, 2017 7:26 AM +00:00

Kamala Harris joins on calling for his resignation

“Kamala Harris is at least the 6th Democratic woman senator calling on Franken to resign. https://t.co/jkE1gp1YlS”
Twitter
--Anonymous
replies 25Dec 6, 2017 7:27 AM +00:00

He has to go. Every Democrat that I know agrees. This is not tearing anyone apart.

--Anonymous
replies 26Dec 6, 2017 7:28 AM +00:00

R9, the news is real -- I posted a thread about it myself and I'm not a troll.

But I didn't realize others had already posted about it because the right-wing trolls ARE posting about this. My thread is a duplicate, but can you blame me for having OP on ignore when he posts shit like this?

Look at my history. I'm not posting the same shit. Now get back on your fucking meds you unhinged bi polar mental case!!!!

The guy is a mental case.

--Anonymous
replies 27Dec 6, 2017 7:29 AM +00:00
Will Kamala Harris bust Willie Brown, oh that's right she fucked him to get what she wanted. Complete hypocrite perfect for Senate, Al needs to stay and fight!!

Is that what you will use to smear her if she goes against Saint Sanders in the Dem primaries? Aside from - why should I vote for her just because she's black?

--Anonymous
replies 28Dec 6, 2017 7:29 AM +00:00

I meant pretty bad.

--R10
replies 29Dec 6, 2017 7:31 AM +00:00

People have been using that she was *gasp* once involved with Willie Brown talking point against Kamala in every election of her career. It has never worked.

--Anonymous
replies 30Dec 6, 2017 7:31 AM +00:00

Franken needs to go, but Dems have completely failed to form a cohesive message here. I agree with R12 that the message should be to clean the Congress and the WH of all sexual predators, past and present.

--Anonymous
replies 31Dec 6, 2017 7:31 AM +00:00
[R13] is not OP

Ignore says R13 and OP are the same. You might want to check again.

--Anonymous
replies 32Dec 6, 2017 7:32 AM +00:00

Fuck you, r27. You are part of the problem, cunt.

--Anonymous
replies 33Dec 6, 2017 7:32 AM +00:00

Fuck Gillibrand. Ryan hasn't made Mr. Piggy Blake Farenthold resign and he used $84K of the taxpayers' money to pay off his victim.

--Anonymous
replies 34Dec 6, 2017 7:33 AM +00:00

Stalker at r32.

--Anonymous
replies 35Dec 6, 2017 7:33 AM +00:00

Breaking news about a US Senator that will likely be forced to retire soon, and this thread is mainly consumed with unhinged posters attacking each other.

--Anonymous
replies 36Dec 6, 2017 7:34 AM +00:00

You can't claim to be on the side of the #metoo movement and keep Franken

--Anonymous
replies 37Dec 6, 2017 7:34 AM +00:00

The Democratic Party is dead. Franken is a politician for the people. He would fight for us, there are not many Democrats that would. The rest are Democrats in name only and are owned by the wealthy. That's why they want to smear Franken, because he was considering running in 2020. Now he can't.

So all of you swallowing this bullshit are idiots. This is political theater designed to keep any real Democratic candidate from being at the front of this party. Go head and join the call for Franken to resign. He will return to private life and start talking about all kinds of policy you would want YOUR representative to back. But he won't be able to to anything but talk.

You are all a bunch of fools if you believe any of the voices like Pelosi, Harris... they are bought and paid for. Nancy (impeachment is off the table) Pelosi.

The foxes have the hen house and are happy to break an egg like Franken.

Now I'll sit back and wait for your hate.

--have a nice day
replies 38Dec 6, 2017 7:42 AM +00:00

Completely agree, r38.

--Anonymous
replies 39Dec 6, 2017 7:44 AM +00:00

He will make an announcement tomorrow. Most likely a resignation.

--Anonymous
replies 40Dec 6, 2017 7:45 AM +00:00

There is nothing with with liking Franken r38, a lot of us do, but you can't expect the party to try to protect him from all these accusers while they are also lambasting Moore.

There is no "democratic conspiracy to attack Franken" or whatever silliness you think is going on (try looking to the right who knew the first hit was coming), they were just put in a tough situation.

--Anonymous
replies 41Dec 6, 2017 7:45 AM +00:00

I don't think many here WANT him to step down, but the climate may make it an intolerable existence and no room for moral and ethical parsing, unfortunately.

--Anonymous
replies 42Dec 6, 2017 7:47 AM +00:00
Now I'll sit back and wait for your hate.

So, you admit you're just trolling, then?

There is no reason to believe that literally every Democrat is out to get Franken because they're all corporate stooges who want to prevent him from being president. Your claim is over-the-top and ridiculous.

Some Dems are doing this because they firmly believe the party should be better than the Repugs. I think they're misguided, but okay, that's their reasoning. Some are trying to make political hay out of it, trying to cater to the current cultural moment. Typical asshole political reasoning. And I'm sure a few Dems are scumbags as you claim; anyone would be naive to think otherwise. This is American politics, after all.

We need to push our Democratic senators to hold Trump and Moore to the same standards they are holding Franken.

I'm not joking: call their offices and say, okay, where's the same statement about Trump? The same one about Moore?

--Anonymous
replies 43Dec 6, 2017 7:47 AM +00:00
You are all a bunch of fools if you believe any of the voices like Pelosi, Harris... they are bought and paid for. Nancy (impeachment is off the table) Pelosi.

I see what you did there. This is how it starts, isn't it?

--Anonymous
replies 44Dec 6, 2017 7:48 AM +00:00
We need to push our Democratic senators to hold Trump and Moore to the same standards they are holding Franken.

This.

--R44
replies 45Dec 6, 2017 7:49 AM +00:00

Whatever happens, Franken needs to insist on an ethics investigation in which everybody has to testify under oath. This is a setup just like the sorry ass Project Veritas attempt to discredit the WaPo.

I don't want him to resign but I can see why Dems would sacrifice Franken to get to people like Moore and Trump as I said at R1. I hope that major papers will look into these accusations, since they are clearly shit in Franken's case.

--Anonymous
replies 46Dec 6, 2017 7:52 AM +00:00

Yes I can r41. The Republicans have started wars which lead to mutilation and death, set policies that bankrupted people, destroying the environment and they are unapologetic about it.

THEY. DO. NOT. GIVE. A. FUCK.

But you want Democrats to play fair? That's bullshit and that's stupid.

Any and all reprehensible actions and humans are okay for Republicans and you want one of the best we have in Congress to go away. One of the only ones willing to stand up to corporate power and you are like "but he did a bad thing." Get the fuck out of here.

--Anonymous
replies 47Dec 6, 2017 7:52 AM +00:00

Btw Roy Moore will get into office and he will stay there and Trump is not going anywhere.

You are seeing the fruits of all the brainwashing of White America coming home to roost. Enjoy the continued rain of shit on your heads because now that you have proven how fucking gullible and stupid you are there is nothing they will not try.

--Anonymous
replies 48Dec 6, 2017 7:55 AM +00:00

New Quinnipiac Poll just released (Dec 6, 2017)

Should Congress INVESTIGATE ACCUSATIONS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT against Trump?

YES: 70%

No: 25%

It is hypocritical for President Trump to criticize men accused of sexual harassment, 73 percent of Americans say, while 16 percent say he has a right to criticize these men.

The U.S. Congress should investigate accusations of sexual harassment against President Trump, Americans say 70 - 25 percent.

----

What are Dems going to say about this? Let me guess.

Nothing.

47% Of U.S. Women Say They've Been Sexually Assaulted, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; People Speaking Up Will Make U.S. Better, Americans Say
QU Poll
--Anonymous
replies 49Dec 6, 2017 7:56 AM +00:00

Uh Oh

Facing growing demands for him to resign, Minnesota Sen. Al Franken will make an announcement on Thursday.
MSN
--Anonymous
replies 50Dec 6, 2017 7:57 AM +00:00

Best Twitter post:

Sorry until @realDonaldTrump resigns, Franken should stay simply as a symbol of the hypocrisy of politics
“@SenatorHassan @JaredRizzi Sorry until @realDonaldTrump resigns, Franken should stay simply as a symbol of the hypocrisy of politics”
Twitter
--Anonymous
replies 51Dec 6, 2017 7:58 AM +00:00

As long as he’s replaced by a Democratic Senator I’m OK with his resigning. Would be an interesting twist for press to ask women who currently work in his Senatorial offices how he behaves towards them. Would be surprised to learn there aren’t any problems and that news would be a great clap back at what seems like a bit of maoist style mob justice.

--Anonymous
replies 52Dec 6, 2017 7:58 AM +00:00
As long as he’s replaced by a Democratic Senator I’m OK with his resigning.

The governor of Minnesota is a democratic, so no concerns there.

--Anonymous
replies 53Dec 6, 2017 8:00 AM +00:00
what seems like a bit of maoist style mob justice.

That is a fine way to describe the Democratic women of the Senate.

--Anonymous
replies 54Dec 6, 2017 8:00 AM +00:00

R54 — Yes it is in this case.

--Anonymous
replies 55Dec 6, 2017 8:08 AM +00:00

This is why Dems lose, they are gutless, they have no courage to fight back. The women in his office should come forward. The female senators should hold off until the ethics investigation. Instead "oh we look bad, we should do the right thing". Shit Clinton's dried giz was running down Monica's dress and he didn't quit. They don't make old Dem perverts like they used to.

--Anonymous
replies 56Dec 6, 2017 8:17 AM +00:00

Gillibrand is a shit-stirring egomaniac trying to score points for when she runs for the White House in 2020, which she will lose because independent voters won't care about this. This will not force the Republicans to expel Moore. If he wins they will seat him. trump isn't resigning over his actions. NO Republicans are resigning over their actions.

But hey...Dems took the high road and if we lose the seat in 2018 I'm sure everyone about to lose their cancer treatments, Medicaid and disability will understand.

--Anonymous
replies 57Dec 6, 2017 8:28 AM +00:00

It's all a bunch of bull shit. I wouldn't resign if I were him. He may have touched a butt or two decades ago before he was in public office. He is no Weinstein or Moore.

--Anonymous
replies 58Dec 6, 2017 8:34 AM +00:00

All this shit happened in PUBLIC for everybody to see. There are pictures, there is video footage. This man has worked with women for years and not ONE complaint. On the contrary, women who worked with Franken, spoke out in his favor after this happened. And he was NOT in a position of power with any of his accusers.

This shit is not adding up, and I don't care how much the right is trying to make this into something that it's not. We have to be able to see that Franken's stories have nothing to do with the other assault stories out there. This is complete and utter bullshit to destroy his political career.

--Anonymous
replies 59Dec 6, 2017 8:51 AM +00:00

good i hope they cannibalize from deep within. a deeply flawed and out of touch identity politics mess that have it's followers indoctrinated with virtue signalling nonsense. this party is doomed!

--Anonymous
replies 60Dec 6, 2017 9:01 AM +00:00

But it's not the right that is making it into something. It's the Democrats keeping this alive against Franken. It's Democratic female Senators calling for his head. The right is sitting back, funding Roy Moore and watching the Dems kill off one of their own.

I'm really shocked that most people can't see that this is bullshit. The Republicans can do what ever they want and they do. They don't care about moral high ground because they are too busy deciding they next piece of the the American dream they will destroy.

--Anonymous
replies 61Dec 6, 2017 9:01 AM +00:00

The Dems are holding themselves to a higher standard than the GOP.

But by showing a willingness to call out their own colleagues, the Democrats turning on Franken have just sent an important message to the members of the diffuse cultural movement that styles itself “the resistance.” They’re communicating that their political party does not just see progressives as convenient partners, but as part of a progressive institution that must not only embody but espouse those ideals.
The party had two options: hold its own harassers accountable, or set itself up for moral — and political — failure.
Vox
--Anonymous
replies 62Dec 6, 2017 9:05 AM +00:00

I'm going to have a hard time supporting any of these Dems supporting Franken's ouster. Our party is a hot fucking mess right now. I hope he doesn't give in.

--Anonymous
replies 63Dec 6, 2017 9:06 AM +00:00

Or as Chris Hayes simply puts it

It is very clear that having a significantly larger number of women in the caucus creates some real differences between the two parties.
“It is very clear that having a significantly larger number of women in the caucus creates some real differences between the two parties.”
Twitter
--Anonymous
replies 64Dec 6, 2017 9:07 AM +00:00

You mean vs. republicans who are all too eager to let child molesters join their ranks?

--Anonymous
replies 65Dec 6, 2017 9:08 AM +00:00

The hypocrisy of politics is mind boggling. It seems like any old skank can come out of the woodwork with an accusation that may or may not be true and the dems are eating their own. The other side is electing pussy grabbers, child molesters, and money grubbing grifters to the highest offices and giving them the parties full support.

Also, I wish these women who were not truly sexually harassed or raped shut up. Oh my god he tried to kiss me over 10 years ago, just maybe she puckered up for him. Anybody ask that?

--Anonymous
replies 66Dec 6, 2017 9:22 AM +00:00

In this case the women are clearly skipping the all important step of due process. Franken called for an ethics investigation and an ethics investigation was granted. Yet, here we are before the investigation evem takes place, Franken's head is being called for by women senators.

--Anonymous
replies 67Dec 6, 2017 9:22 AM +00:00

I believe the correct term is sexual predator 65.

--Anonymous
replies 68Dec 6, 2017 9:23 AM +00:00

Meanwhile the Republicans do what they always do, protect their own with a ferocity the Dems will never muster. And this is why the Democratics will keep losing.

--Anonymous
replies 69Dec 6, 2017 9:32 AM +00:00

It's designed to be that way. That way the rich can keep getting what they want without anything getting in the way.

--Anonymous
replies 70Dec 6, 2017 9:38 AM +00:00
protect their own with a ferocity the Dems will never muster. And this is why the Democratics will keep losing.

The Dems have been a loose collection of liberals and moderates with various concerns for the better part of a century. When Republicans turned conservative and pro-corporation back in the early part of the 20th century, the Dems switched to being a liberal party in response, and the party has never really carved out its own identity because of that.

I think it would be a fantastic idea for the Dems to actually run with that, to say something like, "We're a mixed bag of Americans who have different struggles and ideas, but the bottom line is that Democrats want to help people and want our country to be better. Our differences make us stronger, and if we join together we can defeat the party who is trying to literally destroy us."

Dems have rejected that kind of thinking for decades so I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice to just finally admit it and use it in a positive way instead of always letting our differences cause in-fighting.

--Anonymous
replies 71Dec 6, 2017 9:45 AM +00:00

Big donor Weinstein, politicians Conyers and Franken lasted this long sans scrutiny because the DNC / media shielded their pervy ways

--Anonymous
replies 72Dec 6, 2017 9:50 AM +00:00

Exactly. Franken needs to go precisely so we can look deplorables in their deplorable, pedophile-defending faces and say “We fix our problems, now what about yours?”

It doesn’t matter that Al Franken groped a few adult women while pushing progressive causes and Roy Moore stalked and groomed 14 year-olds while being waterboy for the patriarchy; the right doesn’t make these distinctions, they just play another round of whataboutism while deflecting from Moore to smear Franken, and all Democrats by extension. Logic has no value to these people and everything is black and white; no nuance, no grey areas. They’re idiots.

We need zero tolerance for this sex pest garbage on the left and we need to stand firm. Franken needs to go; he’s far too tainted now.

--Anonymous
replies 73Dec 6, 2017 9:52 AM +00:00
because the DNC / media

Heh.

The trolls will never stop.

--Anonymous
replies 74Dec 6, 2017 9:52 AM +00:00

I guess the NYT are trolls

The producer Harvey Weinstein relied on powerful relationships across industries to provide him with cover as accusations of sexual misconduct piled up for decades.
www.nytimes.com
--Anonymous
replies 75Dec 6, 2017 9:53 AM +00:00

But I’m sure he’s a lifelong member of the “Democrat” Party, R74. A lifelong Democrat who rails against “virtue signalling,” “SJWs,” and “P.C. run amok!”

You literally cannot make this shit up. Literally. These trolls still try, though!

--Anonymous
replies 76Dec 6, 2017 9:58 AM +00:00

I've read that article of course r75.

There are unconfirmed reports that one person tried to tell someone involved in Hillary's campaign.

Someone you read it was a conspiracy where the all powerful DNC was working to protect Harvey. Okay.

--Anonymous
replies 77Dec 6, 2017 9:58 AM +00:00

R73, I call bullshit. The deplorables don't give a shit about morality. Democratics eating themselves doesn't make them take an inward look at themselves. They care about winning and this helps that.

--Anonymous
replies 78Dec 6, 2017 10:16 AM +00:00

“Democratics?” Hmmmm... okay....

--👀
replies 79Dec 6, 2017 10:18 AM +00:00

Franken has been set up.

I would say I won't vote for Kirsten Gillibrand next round, but I already crossed her off as a STUPID CUNT when she paraded around Mattress Girl, in shameless spectacle at the level of Reverent Al Grifter Sharpton.

Stupid stupid stupid cunts.

thenypost.files.wordpress.com
--Anonymous
replies 80Dec 6, 2017 10:19 AM +00:00

Hey Dems - Tawana Brawley wasn't raped. It was non-rape rape. Mattress Girl was a mentally ill grifter. And Franken has been set up.

--Anonymous
replies 81Dec 6, 2017 10:22 AM +00:00

On the other hand, why should we let the GOP decide what decency is?

--Anonymous
replies 82Dec 6, 2017 10:37 AM +00:00

Yet they don't call for Trump to resign. I understand the emphasis is on dem calling out dem, but their silence concerning Trump is deafening.

--Anonymous
replies 83Dec 6, 2017 10:38 AM +00:00

Let's fire him BEFORE he faces the ethics committee. No reason why a mere male should defend himself against the accusations of women!

--Anonymous
replies 84Dec 6, 2017 10:40 AM +00:00

58 Dems voted to impeach Trump today r83.

The House voted to kill Rep. Al Green's motion to begin impeachment proceedings. Fifty-eight Democrats voted to move forward, despite Democratic leadership saying "now is not the time"
BuzzFeed
--Anonymous
replies 85Dec 6, 2017 10:40 AM +00:00

Ok, sure, you’re all Democrats, blaming victims, doubting accusers, and telling us not to vote for Democrats like that STUPID CUNT Kristin Gillibrand. Yeah, sure, sounds believable and not at all like a bunch of right-wing trolls sowing disruption...

--Anonymous
replies 86Dec 6, 2017 10:41 AM +00:00

I am a registered Dem and figured out that Gillibrand is a STUPID CUNT when she fell for Mattress Girl bullshit.

--Anonymous
replies 87Dec 6, 2017 10:44 AM +00:00

So, are you saying that he should resign BEFORE he faces an ethics committee, r86? Are you saying that Franken shouldn't have a say in what happened?

--Anonymous
replies 88Dec 6, 2017 10:44 AM +00:00

These women are stupid beyond belief. Thy aren't thinking strategically at all. I guess Schumer couldn't keep his people in line. Franken said he would submit to an Ethics inquiry. He was setting the table to get ethics inquiries for the GOP as well. There is every reason t believe some of these allegations aren't truthful. In any case, yes, Dems are eating themselves at a tie when we cannot afford this kind of cannibalism. Shame on you Senatresses.

--Anonymous
replies 89Dec 6, 2017 10:49 AM +00:00

Oh, yes, R85, the Dems did so well:

"At Republicans’ direction, the House instead voted on a “motion to table” his resolution — essentially killing it with the support of 364 members, including two-thirds of Democrats in the House. While that meant that Green ultimately didn’t get a straight up-or-down vote on impeachment, the vote forced members of both parties to go on the record about removing Trump from office.

In their joint statement Wednesday, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer said they agreed that Trump has "made statements and taken actions that are beyond the pale for most Americans." But they argued that the party needs to focus on preventing Republicans from passing their tax reform bill and allow investigators looking into possible collusion with Russia to continue their work.

"Now is not the time to consider articles of impeachment," Pelosi and Hoyer said in the statement."

--Anonymous
replies 90Dec 6, 2017 10:50 AM +00:00

These are retributive times. Young and younger women want punishment and power not discussion. Like all revolutions and like all insurgencies the #metoo movement will result in injustices to individuals in the name of collective justice. What any woman or man who questions the details of the various statements and pronouncements shared by pundits victims and leaders need to do right now is to take cover and protect themselves from the storm. What keen observers will do is watch which individuals use the #metoo movement to grab personal power.

--All revolutions devolve into personal power grabs
replies 91Dec 6, 2017 10:51 AM +00:00

Just like with gun control....its never the right time. FUCK THEM ALL. The right time was the minute it was confirmed that Trump was in bed with Russia and several of his "team" were caught colluding and lying about it....and he defended them.

--Anonymous
replies 92Dec 6, 2017 10:53 AM +00:00
So, are you saying that he should resign BEFORE he faces an ethics committee, [R86]? Are you saying that Franken shouldn't have a say in what happened?

Yes I’m saying he should resign. I already said it in this thread. He should resign for the good of the party. I’m not sure what “say” he should have in any of this but he’s not a victim here. That’s a key point so many of you seem desperate to ignore while bringing up “mattress girl” and STUPID CUNT Kristen Gillibrand, and those things are all reasons why it’s so fucking laughable that you clearly misogynistic trolls are trying to pass yourselves off as “Democratics.”

--Anonymous
replies 93Dec 6, 2017 10:55 AM +00:00

The problems will start when the next accused Dem is from a state with Rethug governor. Even if Franken steps down, the governor will appoint a Democrat in this place.

But I'd like to see the GOP skeletons start to bear fruit. Where are their resignations?

--Anonymous
replies 94Dec 6, 2017 10:58 AM +00:00

So the falsely accused "rapist" Paul Nungesser should have left Columbia in shame? Rather than fight for the fucking truth to coming out? And Gillibrand parading around the "hero" - the mentally ill Sulkowicz who cynically used false rape to make an "art project" because she was bankrupt of any talent.

The Franken accusers, my bet, have been paid for this.

--Anonymous
replies 95Dec 6, 2017 10:59 AM +00:00

r93.....theres a difference between your hand touching someones ass while youre standing next to them and actually harassing and assaulting others.

--Anonymous
replies 96Dec 6, 2017 10:59 AM +00:00

He did more than that, R96 but nice try.

--Anonymous
replies 97Dec 6, 2017 11:02 AM +00:00

Wrong amswer, r93. The meetoo movement has one gaping flaw... doesn't allow for justice. He has a right to defend himself and if that defense means having these women testify under oath then so be it. Are you afraid that his female accusers won't hold up under scrutiny, r93, which is why you want him out before the ethics6 committee meets?

--Anonymous
replies 98Dec 6, 2017 11:04 AM +00:00

......and Donald J Trump cares about this country and its citizens r97......dont be so damn obtuse.

--Anonymous
replies 99Dec 6, 2017 11:04 AM +00:00

Puleeze. We cannot afford to lose a Democratic Senator with some seniority. Aorry but his sins are minor

What is this anyway? Dems be stupid and Rethugs be clever? Fuck that shit. Fuck it right now.

--Anonymous
replies 100Dec 6, 2017 11:11 AM +00:00

Next up...Bernie Sanders and his rape essays.

--Anonymous
replies 101Dec 6, 2017 11:13 AM +00:00
Are you afraid that his female accusers won't hold up under scrutiny, [R93], which is why you want him out before the ethics6 committee meets?

Is there something wrong with you? I want him to resign because I’m an actual Democrat (not a “Democratic”), I believe his accusers, and I don’t want him dragging the whole party down.

What part of this don’t you understand? Why do you keep bringing up the ethics committee? He should resign now to end this mess so the party can focus on defeating Roy Moore, Donald Trump and the rest of the Republican party. I don’t care about the ethics committee. I care about protecting the Democratic Party and defeating Republicans.

Did you forget that those are real things (protecting our party and defeating the other one) that real Democrats want? Or are you so wrapped up in defending a man from STUPID CUNTS that you forget who you’re trolling as/to???

--Anonymous
replies 102Dec 6, 2017 11:14 AM +00:00

I get it, r102, your looking fo retribution and not justice.

--Anonymous
replies 103Dec 6, 2017 11:15 AM +00:00

Opps, your = you're

--r103
replies 104Dec 6, 2017 11:19 AM +00:00

Can't you take this back to some ladies forum, R102? IQ = 90s at best. And an angry cunt.

--Anonymous
replies 105Dec 6, 2017 11:26 AM +00:00

It’s a setup. And unfortunately Democrats believe that Franken has to take the fall so that we can restore our virtue and be better than the Republicans. They think that they will get Moore elected in Alabama if they sacrifice Franken.

The Republicans don’t give a shit about virtue. And they gladly support crazy right wing criminals like James O’Keefe. I believe that this will backfire, we will lose Franken, and Moore will win in Alabumfuck.

--Anonymous
replies 106Dec 6, 2017 11:27 AM +00:00

Seriously, r106... they could ditch Franken today and it won't help the Alabama election one bit. Moore's own base don't care about the charges against Moore. Not sure why the Democrats think getting rid of Franken will magically change their thinking.

--Anonymous
replies 107Dec 6, 2017 11:31 AM +00:00
your looking for retribution and not justice.

Roy Moore agrees with that.

R107, it's not so much about the Ala election. It's about the Dem electorate who are women and millennials. The Dems need them to come out and vote in the next election. Keeping Franken would be like wearing an albatros.

--Anonymous
replies 108Dec 6, 2017 11:36 AM +00:00

R108, fine. Guess what, I don’t like Chuck Schumer. He touched my ass 15 years ago while we took a picture together. I’m calling the WaPo tomorrow. I think some of my friends have similar stories. I want to stay anonymous though because I’m afraid of Chuck.

Should Schumer resign?

--Don’t say you don’t believe me, you heartless pigs! #victim!
replies 109Dec 6, 2017 11:41 AM +00:00

So what you're saying, r108, is that women and millennials are dumb fucks who don't understand due process. One way to give both a crash caourse in civics is to treat Bernie Sanders and his rape essays the same treatment as Franken.

--Anonymous
replies 110Dec 6, 2017 11:42 AM +00:00

Eff her. And I was hoping she had presidential aspirations but she just doesn’t get what’s at stake here. The Repugs are backing and financing a pedophile. No more going high when they go low (always). Too much at stake.

--Anonymous
replies 111Dec 6, 2017 11:44 AM +00:00

R110, maybe take a few reading comprehension classes and then you'll figure out that I'm saying.

It's come to the point that Franken has become a liability because of the Dem electorate. Doesn't matter that he just groped instead of diddled. If you want to point fingers at Trump, Moore and assorted Rethugs, they'll be pointing right back at you.

R109, if you're vetted by WaPo, I'll believe you. If you say it like that, just to be contrarian, of course I won't.

--Anonymous
replies 112Dec 6, 2017 11:54 AM +00:00

Whoa whoa — no one is saying me too activists are dumb. They understand due process for individuals and they understand proportionality. They get all that. They just don’t give a fuck about those things right now and they want to see heads roll in the name of metoo power!!!!!

--Anonymous
replies 113Dec 6, 2017 11:54 AM +00:00

John Conyers III, a Detroit hedge fund manager named as a possible successor to his scandal-rocked father, Rep. John Conyers, was arrested in Los Angeles this year on suspicion of domestic violence, but prosecutors declined to charge him, according to documents obtained by NBC News.

Conyers was arrested after a fight with his girlfriend in Los Angeles, but prosecutors declined to charge him.
NBC News
--Anonymous
replies 114Dec 6, 2017 11:56 AM +00:00

R114, yeah the son was a shit idea from the beginning. We’re not the Romanovs, no need for the dynasty to continue.

--Anonymous
replies 115Dec 6, 2017 12:01 PM +00:00

R112, there is no “vetting” for something you can’t prove because it’s my word against his. All I need is a photo with a politician of my disliking and I just repeat what other women have said.

People lie all the time. The right is playing dirty. I just cannot stop using my brain and doubt the logic in some of these stories just because it’s hip to accuse right now. Franken must be the dumbest predator who only touches and grabs when there are cameras around. This stinks to heaven.

--Anonymous
replies 116Dec 6, 2017 12:05 PM +00:00

What stinks to heaven is all the so-called Democrats (or “Democratics”) in this thread attacking women and generally being misogynistic while claiming they want justice for a man they insist has been wrongly accused or, worse, didn’t really do anything that bad anyway. I honestly don’t know who you folks are but you don’t sound like any Democrat that I know.

--Anonymous
replies 117Dec 6, 2017 12:09 PM +00:00

I'm okay with Franken resigning - especially with the new allegations coming in today BUT EVERY ONE of the female Democratic Senators who called on his resignation today better be FUCKING INCENSED when Roy Moore is seated as a senator. They need to raise holly hell and protest and boycott and scream bloody murder. I'm tired of Democrats always being the nice guy. We're going to loose our democracy if they don't grow some balls soon.

--Anonymous
replies 118Dec 6, 2017 12:12 PM +00:00

The me too thing will have a big backlash. Trust me. It's like we are living in the 1930s all over again. Nothing but hysteria.

--Anonymous
replies 119Dec 6, 2017 12:14 PM +00:00

Bullshit. I want an ethics inquiry and I want Due Process which is a hell of a lot more than you'll ever get from a Republican. Why the FUCK do Democrats consistently get in their own fucking way. There are a lot of ways to express displeasure with Franken. They could even offer to censure him if he was found guilty AFTER a due process hearing. This is complete bullshit. Take your self righteous ass on away from here. I listen to some of you and then I understand better why some so-called Progressive people voted for Ralph Nader or Jill Stein or Bernie. All this purity and outrage. You need to save it for the real shit. Cause this ain't it.

--Anonymous
replies 120Dec 6, 2017 12:15 PM +00:00

R117, are you saying that every "Democratic" has to be exactly like you? I believe that I can have my own opinion about the Franken case and it does not impact the way I vote in every election. I am not just a Democrat, but since the Trump disaster I have moved really far to the left.

Supporting Al Franken and asking for an investigation into accusations that started after Roger Fucking Stone announced that something was coming, is the opposite of trolling.

--Anonymous
replies 121Dec 6, 2017 12:42 PM +00:00

R120 — Purity and outrage are often symptoms of a righteous power grab. Let’s watch who makes hay.

--Anonymous
replies 122Dec 6, 2017 12:47 PM +00:00

Why is it assumed that Franken is guilty of every accusation before we've even heard both sides of the story? What ever happened to 'presumed innocent' until proven guilty? Even Republicans give (their own) the benefit of the doubt.

--Anonymous
replies 123Dec 6, 2017 1:00 PM +00:00
Even Republicans give (their own) the benefit of the doubt.

This is called tribalism and partisanship, which are not virtues to emulate. You knew that when you typed those parentheses around the fact that was required to make your post even halfway believable.

As with Cosby and Weinstein and a million other abusers, at a certain point the accusations become too numerous and consistent to discount or dismiss. Stop bullshitting everyone. You’re not a Democrat.

--Anonymous
replies 124Dec 6, 2017 1:06 PM +00:00

Chase off Franken and Conyers, then welcome Roy Moore. Way to go nitwits.

--Anonymous
replies 125Dec 6, 2017 1:06 PM +00:00

R125 Franken will be replaced by a Democrat at least

--Anonymous
replies 126Dec 6, 2017 1:11 PM +00:00

There is a photo of Franken groping the female soldier. It’s sorta self-explanatory

--Anonymous
replies 127Dec 6, 2017 1:13 PM +00:00

If the party leadership think this will make a lick of difference to the GOP, they need to have their heads examined. This will do fuck all to shame the GOP into kicking out Moore if he wins.

--Anonymous
replies 128Dec 6, 2017 1:19 PM +00:00

He wasn't touching her tits. And she is fake sleeping. Its a gag photo. God the stupidity.

--Anonymous
replies 129Dec 6, 2017 1:21 PM +00:00

No sitting senator, or congressperson, should resign on unsubstantiated claims. If Franken were a candidate then it would be a good idea to pull out of a race and let someone else run. But until an investigation has been made and findings upheld, it is madness to give full reign to unproven accusers.

--Anonymous
replies 130Dec 6, 2017 1:27 PM +00:00

Reuters reports he is resigning.

Democrat Al Franken will resign from the U.S. Senate on Thursday, Minnesota Public Radio reported, after more than half of his Senate Democratic colleagues urged him to do so in light of sexual misconduct accusations.
U.S.
--Anonymous
replies 131Dec 6, 2017 1:29 PM +00:00

I hope his farewell speech is "Fuck all of you wimps."

--Anonymous
replies 132Dec 6, 2017 1:31 PM +00:00

Franken made a statement that hes not resigning......theyre talking about it right now......Ari Melber

--Anonymous
replies 133Dec 6, 2017 1:34 PM +00:00

I don't want "a Democrat" as MN senator.

I want Al Fucking Franken.

And just because I'm a Democrat - for much longer than you've been, R117 - doesn't mean I have to believe every accusation every woman makes. That does NOT make me a misogynist.

--Anonymous
replies 134Dec 6, 2017 1:36 PM +00:00

Do not resign. I'll puke if I see Moore in the Senate and Frankel gone.

--Anonymous
replies 135Dec 6, 2017 1:37 PM +00:00

Franken not Bethany obviously.

--Anonymous
replies 136Dec 6, 2017 1:38 PM +00:00

Gillibrand's a bitch. Can't stand the self-righteous cow.

--Anonymous
replies 137Dec 6, 2017 2:41 PM +00:00

Earlier Tuesday, Gillibrand called Sulkowicz, whose alleged attacker Columbia found not responsible in the incident, “a woman of great courage who got no justice.”

The senior attended to promote legislation aimed at stopping sexual assaults on campus.
NY Daily News
--Anonymous
replies 138Dec 6, 2017 2:55 PM +00:00

Millennials have destroyed the dem party, the right is mocking us.

--Anonymous
replies 139Dec 6, 2017 2:57 PM +00:00

The democratic elders have ruined themselves. They buy this bullshit, despite being the grown ups. Don't blame millennials.

--Anonymous
replies 140Dec 6, 2017 3:00 PM +00:00

Millennials gave us trump thanks to not getting their shitty bratty way. Now anyone gets accused of the smallest thing like grabbing a boob or butt 20 years ago and their entire career is ruined and turned into pariahs. Everyone is afraid of Millennials internate outrage for some fuck reason now. Nobody paid them any attention 2 years ago.

--Anonymous
replies 141Dec 6, 2017 3:07 PM +00:00

The Senatrices are big grown up women who don't believe Franken's paid accusers and they are flailing about making fools of themselves. This isn't on Millennials.

--Anonymous
replies 142Dec 6, 2017 3:10 PM +00:00

The only Democratic voters that matter are his constituents. They voted him in and thy can decide to vote him out. This has become ridiculous. It's like some crazy Mother Superior has hypnotized people.

As others have said why should we be killing ourselves off? No way. This is politics and you don't win by caving in the second things go bad. And you do not let the rethugs win. Not ever.

--Anonymous
replies 143Dec 6, 2017 4:45 PM +00:00

I get Kamala Harris's Facebook feeds and she has called for Franken's resignation and is getting HUGE pushback from men and women.

--Anonymous
replies 144Dec 6, 2017 5:00 PM +00:00

The Senatrices seem tone deaf.

--Anonymous
replies 145Dec 6, 2017 5:02 PM +00:00

this thread has really brought out the crazies en mass

--Anonymous
replies 146Dec 6, 2017 5:03 PM +00:00

"Full rein," not "reign," R130. Good points otherwise.

--Oh, Dear
replies 147Dec 6, 2017 5:04 PM +00:00

I Believe Franken’s Accusers Because He Groped Me, Too

The Democratic Party needs to stand with women who have been harassed—and not defend the politicians who abused them.
The Atlantic
--Anonymous
replies 148Dec 6, 2017 5:15 PM +00:00

On twitter a lot of women are pushing back in support of Franken. Fuck, he was a comedian. Comedians do shit like that. We know.

--Anonymous
replies 149Dec 6, 2017 5:20 PM +00:00

R148 story short on details. So he "groped" her on her waist? And she needed 100 paragraphs to tall that tale of horror?

--Anonymous
replies 150Dec 6, 2017 5:22 PM +00:00

All the women supporting Franken should be groped and kissed without consent

--Anonymous
replies 151Dec 6, 2017 5:24 PM +00:00

R151 maybe they want to be groped and kissed without consent...All the fucking millennial women I know bitch about never finding a guy...

--Anonymous
replies 152Dec 6, 2017 5:37 PM +00:00

The Hawaiian senator that was on Maddow was so transparent. She even said that the women Senators had talked and they "independently" came to the conclusion that a "tipping point" had been reached. You just know they had calculated they wanted to be seen as riding the Zeitgeist of no-tolerance, and the male Senators bought into it.

They're all a bunch of opportunists running scared all the time. It's just disgusting.

--Anonymous
replies 153Dec 6, 2017 5:48 PM +00:00

R21 if that fucking Keith Ellison gets Franken’s senate seat I will never ever vote for a progressive and I’ll just start sitting out elections. I’ve got mine and when Trump & the Republicans squeeze blood out of you, I’ll just sit back and enjoy my hobbies. I’m perfectly secure. You can suck Bernie’s dick and see how far that gets you.

--Anonymous
replies 154Dec 6, 2017 5:51 PM +00:00

Franken should announce tomorrow that he'll resign on December 13th after Roy Moore LOSES.

If Moore wins, the Franken should also say 'Fuck you all, it is up to the voters in my state when I run for re-election'

--Anonymous
replies 155Dec 6, 2017 6:26 PM +00:00

Gillibrand said while he is ENTITLED to an ethics review he should still step aside, basically admitting innocence doesn't really matter.

--Anonymous
replies 156Dec 6, 2017 6:37 PM +00:00
Franken needs to go precisely so we can look deplorables in their deplorable, pedophile-defending faces and say “We fix our problems, now what about yours?”

Are all the idiots trumpeting this crap new to the world? Tell me where this gets us. This is being done to what end? The Dems are going to end up like the religious nut yelling on the street corner as all the drug dealers and whores go right on with their business. So, the Dems lose Franken and the Repugs get Moore and Trump keeps ruining the world but, hey, who cares because we get to say "Neener-neener, we're more moral than you!"? Fucking idiots.

--Anonymous
replies 157Dec 6, 2017 6:53 PM +00:00
You just know they had calculated they wanted to be seen as riding the Zeitgeist of no-tolerance, and the male Senators bought into it.

The only calculation someone in Congress makes is whether he/she will get reelected. Zeitgeist-Shmeitgeist.

The polls among Dem supporters are overwhelmingly for people credibly and repeatedly accused to go away. That's it. Dems huffed and puffed until they heard from their voters and saw polling. It's not that complicated.

--Anonymous
replies 158Dec 6, 2017 6:57 PM +00:00

The Dems I know are not clamoring for Franken to go anywhere. They are all talking about how much of an obvious hit job this is.

--Anonymous
replies 159Dec 6, 2017 6:59 PM +00:00

As I said, they're looking at polls and those who call their offices.The first is statistics and the second is motivation. If your friends are in the minority, tough luck R159.

The fact was that the Dems in Senate didn't want Franken to go after the first couple of accusers. That fact changed as more accusers came forward with similar stories. You can tell yourself it's a hit job. But that's what Roy Moore and Cheeto are saying about their accusers who also came one by one with similar stories.

--R158
replies 160Dec 6, 2017 7:06 PM +00:00
They are all talking about how much of an obvious hit job this is.

What they should be talking about is how much of an obvious scapegoating job this is. Why aren't other abusers being exposed??

--Anonymous
replies 161Dec 6, 2017 7:07 PM +00:00

What a mess.

--Anonymous
replies 162Dec 6, 2017 7:17 PM +00:00

I try to be supportive of women politicians to make a change but both Gillibrand and Warren have lost me now.

--Anonymous
replies 163Dec 6, 2017 7:18 PM +00:00
You can tell yourself it's a hit job. But that's what Roy Moore and Cheeto are saying about their accusers who also came one by one with similar stories.

Stop equating their acts. It's like saying first degree murder and jaywalking are both crimes, so, ya know, can't be hypocritical about the punishments. The Dems are acting like the abused kid who is trying to appease their drunk father by being the best behaved kid around. Meanwhile, the drunk father just keeps beating them. Do you really think the fucking Repugs are going to pull a Grinch and suddenly grow a conscience because Demmie Lou Who looked at them with their big, honest, 'aren't we moral' eyes? You don't win wars by giving up.

Democrats: Kick us. We like that. In fact, let's just kick ourselves.

It was enough that Conyers left. They needed to let this go to the Ethics Committee. What's going to happen in two weeks when it's uncovered that this was a Roger Stone hit job?

--Anonymous
replies 164Dec 6, 2017 7:20 PM +00:00
Stop equating their acts. It's like saying first degree murder and jaywalking are both crimes,

Stop with the straw man argument. Describing how each side is excusing whatever their guys did isn't the same as equating what they actually did.

--Anonymous
replies 165Dec 6, 2017 7:26 PM +00:00

One or two accusations, he could stay and go through the ethics review.

Now it's eight. He's just gotta go.

I love the man, and he's done great work in the Senate, but that's not enough in the face of all this.

--Anonymous
replies 166Dec 6, 2017 7:31 PM +00:00
Franken resignation, expected Thursday, would set off musical chairs in Minnesota politics, queue up epic election cycle in 2018.
Star Tribune
--Anonymous
replies 167Dec 6, 2017 7:34 PM +00:00
“The "caretaker" move comes with some risk. When I covered NJ, R's were *still* complaining that Gov. Tom Kean cost them a Senate seat in 1982 with this:”
Twitter
--Anonymous
replies 168Dec 6, 2017 7:38 PM +00:00

This is horrible. He's one of the best and brightest Senators and if he resigns, say goodbye to more checks on the Republicans in the Senate. I hate that the Dems are doing this, I hate the Republicans for pushing for it while simultaneously promoting pederast Roy Moore, and hate even more the atmosphere that has led to these witch hunts and the media for promulgating it. Minnesota loses a great man.

Honestly if he resigns, and it sounds like he is planning to tomorrow, I am checking out of the media for awhile, I'm really sick of this. Yes I know MARY! but it's just too much. America is going down the shitter and it's happening at warp speed, and I can't take it. I'd write my Senator, but they're all Republican.

--Anonymous
replies 169Dec 6, 2017 7:47 PM +00:00

It shouldn't be a matter of how many accusers come forward or how similar their stories are. You're just training people how to do successful hit jobs that way. Everyone has a right to be presumed innocent until formally proven guilty.

--Anonymous
replies 170Dec 6, 2017 7:48 PM +00:00

Democrats can be so stupid and those accusing women....total assholes. I listened to the first one....she sounded like a ridiculous fool. Oh my!!! A kiss you didn't want??? What an idiot. She should be sexually harassed and then maybe she will realize she is a fool.

--Anonymous
replies 171Dec 6, 2017 7:50 PM +00:00

These fucking bitches don't like the fact that he is a potential Presidential Candidate.

--Anonymous
replies 172Dec 6, 2017 7:52 PM +00:00

Another open Dem seat...great. I can see it now. Retarded voters with their $300 GOP tax cut in their hot hands giving the Senate even more Republicans.

Every time I hear when they go low we go high I want to vomit.

--Anonymous
replies 173Dec 6, 2017 7:56 PM +00:00

R171

Wishing that women get sexually assaulted is a wonderful talking point. No wonder Democrats are losing!

--Anonymous
replies 174Dec 6, 2017 8:04 PM +00:00

R12 Totally agree! Grow a pair, Dems!

--Anonymous
replies 175Dec 6, 2017 8:14 PM +00:00

[28] No, she is simply a soulless cock sucking parasite,, enough said,,

--all the demos she fucked in SF Da's office,,oh, and Sacramento
replies 176Dec 6, 2017 8:29 PM +00:00

I'm a woman and a Democrat and I want him to stay and wait on the ethics committee. Democrats need to learn to fight instead of caving over not being seen as the good guys. They need to get ferocious about issues, show some real courage about fighting for Democracy. Most of us have been groped, women and men, most of us have been kissed at one time or another when we didn't welcome that. It's completely naive to equate that with rape or to say a casual grope is just as soul wounding as "Suck my cock or you don't get the job" or "Open your door and fuck me or I'll fire you". There are so many women coming forward who say they worked with Franken for years and never knew him to be a sexual perp, why don't people stop and actually think about that?

--Anonymous
replies 177Dec 6, 2017 9:04 PM +00:00

OP, doing the right thing and creating an actual difference between Democrats and Republicans is the main ingredient in our hoped-for wave election next year.

I loved Franken, but his "handsy" career was his own doing, and he's got nobody else to blame. We don't need him as a lodestone around our necks for every GOP asshole making a false comparison next year. He's misbehaved and is a grabber. Get rid of him now, and put it behind us. A lot of you sound no different from the Roy Moore apologists.

Al, you were great until you were a jerk. Sashay away!

--Anonymous
replies 178Dec 6, 2017 9:20 PM +00:00

What nauseates me about Gillibrand is that she's so transparent. It's obvious to anyone w. an IQ over 70 that she's spewing self-serving bullshit like her life depends on it -- and that's contempt for people. I can respect people who are openly power-hungry and those that make even some small effort to put out half-way credible spin, but she's so obviously full of shit. This is someone with arrogance, with zero respect for those who hear her words.

--Anonymous
replies 179Dec 6, 2017 9:24 PM +00:00

This is how it works with Repubs. You bend over, they say 'more!

Bravo, Dems! You really, really showed them.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski‏Verified account @lisamurkowski
We’re seeing a culture of harassment & assault being exposed on a daily basis. Whether you are in the media, politics, or anywhere else abuse of power is unacceptable & shouldn’t be tolerated at any place at any level. Sen. Franken must know that & that’s why he must step down.
“We’re seeing a culture of harassment & assault being exposed on a daily basis. Whether you are in the media, politics, or anywhere else abuse of power is unacceptable & shouldn’t be tolerated at any place at any level. Sen. Franken must know that & that’s why he must step down.”
Twitter
--Anonymous
replies 180Dec 6, 2017 9:26 PM +00:00

Seriously, Murkowski has the fucking nerve to comment on Franken touching a hip, but doesn't open her trap to mention any Republican abusers.

This is exactly what Republicans will continue to do.

--Anonymous
replies 181Dec 7, 2017 3:54 AM +00:00

Well, thanks to Democrats, Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security are now on the chopping block, but that's not important. What's really important is getting the all the trannies and militant feminists together and making sure they are 100% happy and satisfied, all the time pontificating about how awful white males are. Now that's the sure fire way to win elections.

--Anonymous
replies 182Dec 7, 2017 4:01 AM +00:00

R182, you got the wrong site, this ain't Breitbart.

--Anonymous
replies 183Dec 7, 2017 4:02 AM +00:00

And you're a fucking idiot, R183, and a gullible one at that. Do you honestly think that getting rid of a Republican ball buster like Al Franken is going to do any good? I haven't seen Gillibrand or Clair McCaskill going after notorious liar Jeff Sessions like Franken has been doing.

But you keep mouthing your sanctimonious platitudes, R183. When the Republicans start coming after gay rights, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, you can always comfort yourself with the knowledge you did absolutely nothing to stop them because you were more interested in political correctness.

--Anonymous
replies 184Dec 7, 2017 4:10 AM +00:00

Well, there are a few Republicans sitting right now that have PAID SETTLEMENTS OUT OF TAX PAYER MONEY to settle harassment claims.....that scum from Texas for one.........WHERE ARE THE CALLS FOR THEM TO RESIGN ? The GOP is laughing at us and were providing the jokes.

--Anonymous
replies 185Dec 7, 2017 4:26 AM +00:00

Dem Party is useless. Circling the wagons on the Me Too scam while letting the tax scam bill through.

--Anonymous
replies 186Dec 7, 2017 4:36 AM +00:00

Matt Lauer’s office sexcapades known to media elites, who roared with laughter over lewd jokes at 2008 ‘roast’

Embattled NBC executives have been falling over themselves, insisting they had no idea about Matt Lauer’s pervy past. But if anyone doubts that New York’s media elite was aware of Lauer’s reputation, they should look no further than a top-secret “roast” of Lauer that took place in October 2008.

The notorious event ─ now legendary in New York media circles ─ pushed the outer limits of sexist, racist, homophobic and obscene jokes — and left little doubt that Lauer’s colleagues knew NBC’s biggest star had a troubled marriage and a wandering eye.

Offsite Link
--Anonymous
replies 187Dec 7, 2017 4:38 AM +00:00

Useless losers.

--Anonymous
replies 188Dec 7, 2017 4:40 AM +00:00
The GOP is laughing at us and were providing the jokes.

The media has already chosen its scapegoats for America's sexual harassment outrage. The public, inundated by the torrent of accusations, is fast losing interest. There is no point in exposing, pursuing or focusing on the others. Meanwhile sexual harassment is continuing to be committed every single hour of every single day in government, media, academia, entertainment and established Churches by those who are well aware that they are largely immune to public scrutiny.

--Anonymous
replies 189Dec 7, 2017 4:58 AM +00:00
The public, inundated by the torrent of accusations, is fast losing interest.

On the contrary. the public has a bottomless appetite for sex scandals involving public figures.

--Anonymous
replies 190Dec 7, 2017 5:05 AM +00:00

The Bannons and the media mavens advising the GOP want to get Franken on the front page not Moore. Or at the very least link Franken and Moore together in your mind. It's all about perception. They don't care if they look like hypocrites. All they care about is that their base will say, "Hey, what about Franken?"

Al Franken has been a thorn in their sides with the way he has been going after Sessions, etc. and now they can use him to mute the Moore controversy and silence Dems whenever anyone wants to go after Moore. That's their thinking and shame on the Democratic Senators and that piece of shit Tom Perez, for not fully understanding this. When the fuck are they going to learn and understand strategy? Why must we make it so easy for them! We are losing the messaging war and we have been for years. Why can't they see that?

--Anonymous
replies 191Dec 7, 2017 5:18 AM +00:00

R38 writes,

The Democratic Party is dead. Franken is a politician for the people. He would fight for us, there are not many Democrats that would. The rest are Democrats in name only and are owned by the wealthy. That's why they want to smear Franken, because he was considering running in 2020. Now he can't.

R38—The overwhelming majority of Datalounge forum posters are Republicans. They proved it by voting the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination to Hillary Clinton.

--Anonymous
replies 192Dec 7, 2017 5:24 AM +00:00

R192 haha!

--Anonymous
replies 193Dec 7, 2017 5:41 AM +00:00

Our strategy is underdeveloped and incomplete when we realize how these cretins regularly out maneuver us. We never seem to anticipate them and pre empt them in any sustained, consistent way. Going back to Lee Atwater, then Karl Rove and now t he Bannon strategy.

--Anonymous
replies 194Dec 7, 2017 6:01 AM +00:00

The Democratic Party is a joke. The idiots think that morality wins elections. It doesn't. Yes, Al Franken isn't a saint but neither are 99% of the others. These assholes that are forcing Franken out for inapproprite behavior are the same fuckers who sell their votes to the highest bidder. Laughable. Trump will be President for 8 years with these morons running the Dem party.

--Anonymous
replies 195Dec 7, 2017 6:13 AM +00:00

I hate these childish, do gooder fools who only make things worse.

--Anonymous
replies 196Dec 7, 2017 6:19 AM +00:00

Thanks r144 I went to Harris' page and left a message in support of Franken.

I also mentioned that if she's ever accused of any wrong doing I'll be sure to lend my voice to support her removal without any due process.

--Anonymous
replies 197Dec 7, 2017 6:32 AM +00:00

Fuck 'em all. Goddamnit when will someone in the Democratic party channel our rage the way Trump channeled the deplorables? The holier-than-thou posturing does nothing when the Republicans are without morals. Cutting off the nose to spite the face. UGH.

--Anonymous
replies 198Dec 7, 2017 6:46 AM +00:00

The left is controlled by Identity Politics and political correctness. Good luck with that.

--Anonymous
replies 199Dec 7, 2017 7:35 AM +00:00

"Dems eat themselves" is an apt title for what's going on in this thread. Assuming posters are actually and truly Dem voteres, which I'm not convinced is a fact.

--Anonymous
replies 200Dec 7, 2017 7:52 AM +00:00

Bill Maher says it weekly: DEMOCRATS HAVE NO BALLS AND NO IDEA HOW TO FIGHT.

--Anonymous
replies 201Dec 7, 2017 7:53 AM +00:00

We roll over like a bitch every time.

--Anonymous
replies 202Dec 7, 2017 7:55 AM +00:00

At least he said "in coming weeks." I'd be royally pissed if for some reason, the republicunts couldn't reconcile their tax bill and they started losing votes for the final bill in the Senate (Susan Collins might be on fence since she didn't get what she was promised) and we didn't have all 48 seated democratic senators. And as I said earlier these senators that called for his resignation, better raise holy hell when Roy Moore wins in Alabama and gets seated.

--Anonymous
replies 203Dec 7, 2017 7:56 AM +00:00

R200, do you think politics is a tea party? The old fashioned kind with real tea?

Because you sound like a kid.

--Anonymous
replies 204Dec 7, 2017 7:57 AM +00:00

No one gives a fuck if the Dems 'raise holy Hell." And the GOP won't raise holy hell if Moore is seated. They have never apologized for their corruption or their hypocrisy. Why does anyone expect them to change. They have an agenda. They stay focused. They will say anything and do anything to further that agenda. Wake the fuck up.

--Anonymous
replies 205Dec 7, 2017 11:27 AM +00:00

They stole a Supreme Court seat. Not nice people.

--Anonymous
replies 206Dec 7, 2017 12:05 PM +00:00
We roll over like a bitch every time.

I didn't! Have you forgotten all of my executive orders? My pen and my phone?

--Anonymous
replies 207Dec 7, 2017 12:08 PM +00:00

It's important that he resigns now or anytime before the 2018 MN gubernatorial election, so the current Dem governor can name his replacement.

--Anonymous
replies 208Dec 7, 2017 12:15 PM +00:00

FUCK Harris, I hope someone takes her down,, a lot of hate for her in CA now.

--Defeat Harris in 2020
replies 209Dec 7, 2017 12:39 PM +00:00

Well, r113, they certainly got their head today...from someone who was denied due process and denies the accusations. I hope the metoo movement is happy. They got gamed by someone who knew how to use their unquestioning of all things victims against them. And that, r113, makes them DUMB.

--Anonymous
replies 210Dec 7, 2017 1:08 PM +00:00

I just head some GOP Congressman is resiging I don't know why, but I hope he is one of the 30+ members of Congress who are about to get outed by CNN and the Washington Post for sexual harassment and assalt. If the fucking Congress won't do their job let the media embarrass them, after all the media helped lynch Hillary and Al Franken.

--Anonymous
replies 211Dec 7, 2017 1:44 PM +00:00

He resigned for asking several female staffers if they'd bear his surrogate child.... you can't make this shit up.

--Anonymous
replies 212Dec 7, 2017 3:22 PM +00:00

I hope Franken uses his remaining time to let it all hang out, the way Jeff Flake has been. No more careful tightrope walking about decorum, he needs to finish taking down Sessions before he goes.

--Anonymous
replies 213Dec 7, 2017 5:56 PM +00:00

I'm just going to leave this here. This is the entirety of the last accusation against Franken. I'm not kidding. This is all of it. The super abuser of womankind. Uh huh.

"Then I saw Al Franken," Dupuy writes of the party. "I only bug celebrities for pictures when it’ll make my foster mom happy. She loves Franken, so I asked to get a picture with him. We posed for the shot. He immediately put his hand on my waist, grabbing a handful of flesh. I froze. Then he squeezed. At least twice."
Dupuy added that the alleged incident happened "quick; he knew exactly what he was doing."
"It shrunk me," she added. "It’s like I was no longer a person, only ornamental. It said, 'You don’t matter—and I do.' He wanted to cop a feel and he demonstrated he didn’t need my permission."
--Anonymous
replies 214Dec 7, 2017 8:22 PM +00:00

R214

The people defending this pervert are just typical Democrats. They don’t actually care about individuals, only the group. Everything is about the collective to these sick fuckers. Individual rights are anathema.

--Anonymous
replies 215Dec 7, 2017 8:27 PM +00:00

Ok...r215 just exposed themselves as a troll.

--Anonymous
replies 216Dec 8, 2017 4:12 AM +00:00

R201 writes,

Here is Bill Maher, Part I:

Bill Maher's assessment of the state of the Republican and Democratic parties in 2009 is absolutely spot on. I can honestly say I've never agreed with him more.
YouTube
--Anonymous
replies 217Dec 8, 2017 4:41 AM +00:00

R201 writes,

Here is Bill Maher, Part II:

Progressive Crowd Boos Bill Maher LIVE Jimmy Dore Shows: DECEMBER 4 Burbank, Ca.- Tickets Here: http://bit.ly/2hFl95h Here's How You Can Support Our Show & I...
YouTube
--Time Warner
replies 218Dec 8, 2017 4:42 AM +00:00
I'm just going to leave this here. This is the entirety of the last accusation against Franken. I'm not kidding. This is all of it. The super abuser of womankind. Uh huh.

If that statement is true, it is evidence that Franken is a serial polished groper and that hundreds more women may have had similar experiences. No one told Franken to abuse his power by groping women. He chose to be a pig and now he's been called out n it. Good riddance to him!

--Anonymous
replies 219Dec 8, 2017 4:55 AM +00:00

r219....grow up snowflake....he put his arm around someone while taking a picture.....every single person on earth has done the same thing. You are too delicate to live if you think that is assault.

--Anonymous
replies 220Dec 8, 2017 5:07 AM +00:00

R220, the woman he grabbed walked away from the experience feeling assaulted. He grabbed her flesh and then he squeezed it. It was a grope, not a friendly pat. She felt cheaply used because Senator Franken used her cheaply.

--Anonymous
replies 221Dec 8, 2017 5:22 AM +00:00

Thank you R217 and R218.

--R201
replies 222Dec 8, 2017 5:31 AM +00:00

r221....well, I feel assaulted by your stupidity and lack of rationale, along your need to feel special. Should I sue you ?

--Anonymous
replies 223Dec 8, 2017 5:44 AM +00:00

R223 knows he has nothing left. so he attacks my motives for posting. Don't forget to grope Al Franken's ass on his way out of the Senate, R223!

--R221
replies 224Dec 8, 2017 5:49 AM +00:00

stupidity is not a motive.

--Anonymous
replies 225Dec 8, 2017 5:52 AM +00:00

Apparently it was more than Leeanne et al.

[Blind Gossip] Do you think that this former TV funnyman only groped one woman?

Ha ha ha!

No.

If he has the gall to claim that this was an isolated experience – and that he really respects women – he’s going to have to prepare himself for the fact that there may be multiple women coming forward to detail their disgusting experiences with this perv.

He used to ride the subway in New York City for a couple of decades. If you were an attractive woman, he would sit next to you, introduce himself by his TV gig, and try to pick you up. If you tried to ignore him or were dismissive of him… he would grope you.

Perhaps he thought that being on TV and being famous gave him license to grab women’s private parts and get away with it.

However, if you asked any of these women to vote whether or not grabbing their private parts was funny, we doubt a single one of them would vote “Yes.”

Former TV Personality:

[Optional] Your turn to vote! What do you think should happen to him?

SOLVED!

Former TV Personality: Al Franken

Al Franken just resigned from the United States Senate! As soon as that first sexual assault allegation came out a few weeks ago, we knew that there were others waiting in the wings.

Al Franken used to grope women in the New York City Subway when he was a cast member of Saturday Night Live. He would ride the subway, sit next to women, try to impress them with his celebrity, and then get handsy with them (rubbing their leg, trying to grope their breast, trying to kiss them and hug them) even when they resisted his pick up lines. Yes, he was completely creepy.

In the past few weeks, at least EIGHT women have come forward making similar allegations against Gropey Al Franken, starting with a news anchor who was horrified to discover that Franken had groped her breasts while she slept.

blindgossip.com
--Anonymous
replies 226Dec 8, 2017 6:05 AM +00:00

already discredited r226......the photographer admitted she was in on it, and not asleep. If Franken was openly groping women in public on a subway, it would have been reported.

--Anonymous
replies 227Dec 8, 2017 6:08 AM +00:00

...and her own friends admit she was put up to it.

--Anonymous
replies 228Dec 8, 2017 6:09 AM +00:00

I was violated I tell you!!

--Anonymous
replies 229Dec 8, 2017 6:12 AM +00:00

I wish I could eat myself. I'm not long enough though, sadly.

--Anonymous
replies 230Dec 8, 2017 6:12 AM +00:00
[R38]—The overwhelming majority of Datalounge forum posters are Republicans. They proved it by voting the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination to Hillary Clinton.

Bernbot, it's time to throw a chair.

--Anonymous
replies 231Dec 8, 2017 6:14 AM +00:00

Oh and by the way, as the berbots are mostly political newbies, I should explain something else to the bernbot quoted in r231: DL posters did not vote the nomination to Hillary. The process is a bit different. Peel your eyes off of Saint Bernie for a minute and look into it.

--Anonymous
replies 232Dec 8, 2017 6:17 AM +00:00

I'm a good girl I am.

Here is the USO tour in 2006, where Leeann Tweeden in November 2017 accused Al Franken of behavior she ostensibly found offensive in this same tour. Yes, thi...
YouTube
--Anonymous
replies 233Dec 8, 2017 6:17 AM +00:00

I walked away from reading r221 feeling assaulted. I feel cheaply used after reading that stupidity.

--Anonymous
replies 234Dec 8, 2017 6:20 AM +00:00

I've said this before here and I'll say it again for the benefit of all our precious, delicate hot house flowers like R221/R224: if the worst thing that ever happens to you in your life is someone cops a feel, you will have had a truly fortunate existence. And R221/R224, I'll take you up on your offer of letting Franken grope my ass. Guess what: I'll be alive tomorrow to tell you all about it. It won't by the end of the world like all of you screeching harpies suggest.

--Anonymous
replies 235Dec 8, 2017 6:35 AM +00:00

Did R214 think he was doing Franken a favor with that post? He grabbed a woman and squeezed her twice without ger consent. You think that’s a big nothing? Especially in light of all of the other accusations?

Some of you are so out of touch with reality it’s amazing.

--Anonymous
replies 236Dec 8, 2017 8:05 AM +00:00

The woman who claimed Franken squeezed her waist (how dare he!!) was on TV today. A nutjob neurotic trying to get her 15 minutes. Fuck Gillibrand. She's obviously got Presidential aspirations and Franken was in her way.

--Anonymous
replies 237Dec 8, 2017 8:05 AM +00:00

Isn't putting your hand around the waist custom when taking a photo with someone? WTF.

It wasn't her pussy or her ass or her titty. He put his hand around her waist. And TOOK A PHOTO WITH HER. If it felt like he "grabbed a handful of flesh" then she could stand to lose a few. If he had ill intentions would he really do it in a situation with multiple people around and a camera documenting it. Jesus people use your brains.

--Anonymous
replies 238Dec 8, 2017 8:13 AM +00:00

The post should read:

Dems not hypocrites, like the Republicans.

--Anonymous
replies 239Dec 8, 2017 8:27 AM +00:00

You cannot sexually grope a waist.

If it had been a woman who put her arm around this crazy person's waist for a pic, do you think there would have been a second thought given? She's nuts.

SJWs and Repugs are killing the country.

--Anonymous
replies 240Dec 8, 2017 10:50 AM +00:00

Democrats Resign, Republicans Laugh

--Anonymous
replies 241Dec 8, 2017 2:46 PM +00:00

Fuck that bitch, she is a goddamn idiot.

--Anonymous
replies 242Dec 8, 2017 3:07 PM +00:00

We should be worried about White Nationalist...not a man's hand on a fanny! Who the Fuck cares about that?

--Anonymous
replies 243Dec 8, 2017 3:10 PM +00:00
He grabbed a woman and squeezed her twice without ger consent. You think that’s a big nothing?

Yes. It's a big NOTHING.

Who ARE all these child-like posters?

--Anonymous
replies 244Dec 8, 2017 3:31 PM +00:00

it's very likely Franken's seat will go Republican in 2018. The Dem governor is putting in a nonentity who promises not to run in 18 while the Repubs have a popular candidate all ready to go.

I can't believe how fucking stupid and lame the Democrats are.

--Anonymous
replies 245Dec 8, 2017 3:32 PM +00:00

How about alleged victims find lawyers other than Gloria Allred? She turns this sensationalism into profits and publicity for herself, and too many observers roll their eyes when she gets on camera.

--Anonymous
replies 246Dec 8, 2017 3:43 PM +00:00

R244, they are SJWs and stupid Millennials.

--Anonymous
replies 247Dec 8, 2017 4:10 PM +00:00

Twitter's digging up more dirt on the Playboy nudie model who first accused Franken. She's a pal of Trump Jr and Ivanka (classy company they keep) and, unbelievably, was on a TV show a year ago explaining how the Russians know best in Syria.

For fuck's sake, all the strings everywhere are being pulled by the Russians.

--Anonymous
replies 248Dec 8, 2017 5:09 PM +00:00

In all fairness to Leeann Tweeden, she is no more of a Playboy "nudie model" than Cindy Crawford or Farrah Fawcett. They all did celebrity spreads during their career. It's not like she was a centerfold/escort/Hefner fucker.

It's not that hard to do research on her: she was a big thing in the world of Poker during it's heyday on ESPN and Spike in the aughties. And because she comes from a military family, she was always vocal about her politically conservative side.

--Anonymous
replies 249Dec 8, 2017 8:46 PM +00:00

R249 Except Leeann Tweeden is not and never had been a celebrity. She's a nonentity.

--Anonymous
replies 250Dec 9, 2017 9:33 AM +00:00

r249....her claim to fame is playboy....which she did twice....her other jobs on radio, etc came because of playboy. Note that her positions were in male dominated industries....ESPN, etc......For someone who was so offended by so little that it haunted her for years, she sure does surround herself with a lot of testosterone.......especially as she is promoted as the "hot piece from playboy" in her appearances.

--Anonymous
replies 251Dec 9, 2017 12:31 PM +00:00

Not to mention r249, if you bother to watch some of her videos from her uso tours, shes very suggestive....she kisses guys shes appearing with....open mouth and aggressivley, grabs their asses, twerks her ass against them.....hardly the actions of an innocent flower who was traumatized because Franken tried to stick his tongue in her mouth.

--Anonymous
replies 252Dec 9, 2017 12:35 PM +00:00

I'm sure Franken never did anything to Tweedledee but she found the pic where they were joking around, her pretending to be asleep and she decided she could ride it to glory...

--Anonymous
replies 253Dec 9, 2017 12:38 PM +00:00

Unfortunately, the Democratic women in congress are prone to irrelevant displays and little else. Remember their wearing white for the State of the Union?

--Anonymous
replies 254Dec 9, 2017 1:36 PM +00:00

R254, what did the Dem males do to protest at the State of the Union? At least the women did something as a group. Women also saved us from getting the ACA repeal passed outright. I'm hoping Collins and Murkowski see the light on this tax plan. Additionally, it's the men doing all the assaulting and raping but you're going to take the women to task? Really?

--Anonymous
replies 255Dec 9, 2017 1:50 PM +00:00
...but you're going to take the women to task? Really?

On getting rid of Frankel as a show of solidarity and for symbolic "high ground", damn straight, I am. It's just the kind of group consensus foolishness they're wont to do.

--Anonymous
replies 256Dec 9, 2017 2:01 PM +00:00

Franken, not Frankel, obviously.

--Anonymous
replies 257Dec 9, 2017 2:01 PM +00:00

R257, I've been defending Franken since the start of all of this because it's such an obvious Stone/Repug hit job but stop blaming women for reacting to the crimes (misdemeanor frat boy crap to assault and rape) men commit. There are plenty of men calling for him to step down but your attacking only the women shows some issues you have. Men commit the crime. Men and women, in almost equal measure, call for punishment. Women are blamed. Think about it.

If men stood up as a group to stop other men from acting like these men act, there wouldn't be the need for women to have to stand, en masse. This is a problem of men.

--Anonymous
replies 258Dec 9, 2017 2:20 PM +00:00

Ok, R258, the men calling for Franken to step down are every bit as stupid and short sighted as the women calling for it.

Satisfied?

--Not R257
replies 259Dec 9, 2017 2:38 PM +00:00

R259, actually, yes, it is that simple. The unconscious holding of women to different, usually higher, standards than men is something that even men who aren't Repug assholes do all the time. Holding women accountable for men's actions is another. I just wanted the people saying these things to be aware of what they were doing.

As I said, I've been defending Franken since the start and, male or female, those calling for his ouster are overy reactionary.

--Anonymous
replies 260Dec 9, 2017 2:44 PM +00:00

*overly

--Anonymous
replies 261Dec 9, 2017 2:45 PM +00:00

Gillibrand stareted it so I hold her accountable. Have a problem with that?

--Anonymous
replies 262Dec 9, 2017 2:53 PM +00:00

I just see the senators who called for him to resign as very calculating. I don't think their impulse came from an honest place. It came from their reading the political tea leaves and reacting in a way they believed strategically pre empting the opposition. But they miscalculated. Because the voters and Dem supporters largely find Franken to be a sincere sympathetic person. They have pissed off a lot of people in their own party. Sometime being "right" isn't good enough. They really should have called for due process and transparency for everyone in the position Franken found himself in. They had no right to insist he resign. They did not elect him. All they were empowered to do was call for an investigation. I think they behaved shamefully. They weakened themselves long term.

--Anonymous
replies 263Dec 9, 2017 2:58 PM +00:00

Exactly, R263, and now they've painted themselves into a corner because all the Re'Pukes need to do is accuse someone else. Then they're in the position of having to be "consistent" regardless of the facts. So much smarter to have waited for the investigations to conclude. Shumer is especially dumb for having jumped on this wagon.

--Anonymous
replies 264Dec 9, 2017 6:16 PM +00:00

R264 Schumer I don't trust at all. He's a lackey of Bibi Netanyahoo.

--Anonymous
replies 265Dec 9, 2017 7:17 PM +00:00