Join the Bitchfest >>

Watch This Republican Lawmaker’s Homophobic Freak Out After a Male Colleague Touches His Arm

December 5, 2017

Not everyone likes to be touched. Philadelphia state Rep. Matt Bradford found this out the hard way when his colleague Rep. Daryl Metcalfe interrupted a House committee meeting today with an unintentionally hilarious response to being tapped on the arm.

During a discussion about a land use bill, Rep. Bradford, the committee’s ranking Democrat, tried to get the attention of Rep. Metcalfe by touching his forearm. But Rep. Metcalfe, the committee chair and a Republican, was irritated by the touch.

Rep. Metcalfe interrupted his fellow representative mid-sentence:

Representative Bradford, look, I’m a heterosexual. I have a wife, I love my wife. I don’t like men, as you might. But stop touching me all the time. It’s like, keep your hands to yourself. Like, if you want to touch somebody, you have people on your side of the aisle that might like it. I don’t.

Rep. Bradford started laughing and the room got very uncomfortable. It should be noted that Rep. Bradford is also married to a woman and has four children. He replied, “We are officially off the rails,” as his fellow representatives joined in laughing. He attempted to explain himself, saying “My intent was just to beg for your permission for about 30 seconds.”

“Then beg, don’t touch,” Rep. Metcalfe replied.

“I don’t know where we go from here, really,” Rep. Bradford responded. He then made a motion to postpone, and requested a sidebar “to talk about some of the, what I’ll call, extraneous issues.” Straining not to laugh, Rep. Bradford ended with, “And, uh, yeah, I’m pretty much without any further comment that would be constructive at this time.”

An unamused Rep. Metcalfe tries to cut Rep. Bradford off with a curt “Thank you.”

Watch this space for our upcoming look at the hot new gay sex act — light forearm touching.

When Pennsylvania state Rep. Matt Bradford tried to get Rep. Daryl Metcalfe's attention by lightly touching his arm, Rep. Metcalfe exploded.
Hornet Stories
--Anonymous
replies 55Dec 5, 2017 2:54 PM +00:00

Brian Sims Slams State Rep. Daryl Metcalfe for “Homophobic” Rant

State Rep. Brian Sims is lambasting State Rep. Daryl Metcalfe for delivering what he called a “homophobic” rant that’s making the rounds online on Tuesday.

As seen in the video, Metcalfe, the same state representative (and God-fearing Christian) who once defended white nationalism and tried to make English the official language of Pennsylvania, feels the need to remind the room that he is “heterosexual” after State Rep. and Democratic committee chairman Matthew Bradford briefly touches his arm.

“Representative Bradford, I’m a heterosexual,” Metcalfe says, interrupting Bradford. “I have a wife. I love my wife. I don’t like men, as you might. But stop touching me all the time. It’s like, keep you hands to yourself. Like if you want to touch somebody, you have people on your side of the aisle that might like it. I don’t.”

“We’re officially off the rails,” Bradford, who also has a wife, responds. “My intent was just to beg for your permission for about 30 seconds.”

“Then beg, don’t touch,” Metcalfe says.

The video ends with Bradford suggesting the committee sets up “a sidebar to talk about what I’ll call ‘the extraneous issues’ that have been raised.”

Bradford called Metcalfe’s interruption “very odd” and “problematic” on Tuesday afternoon. “His behavior obviously more than crossed a few lines,” Bradford told Philadelphia magazine by phone. “It tells you something about the status of our politics in America today if [Metcalfe’s words are] somehow acceptable or appropriate.”

Bradford said he reached out to state House Speaker Mike Turzai to “let him know that I found the chairman’s behavior unbecoming.”

On Tuesday afternoon, Sims, an openly gay committee member, took to Facebook to criticize the Republican lawmaker’s comments.

“You can’t make this stuff up!” Sims wrote. “The most homophobic, transphobic, racist, sexist, xenophobic member of our government is using legislative time, and tax payer dollars, to interrupt a meeting to announce his sexual orientation.”

Neither Metcalfe nor Sims were immediately available for comment on Tuesday afternoon.

As to be expected, Twitter user are weighing in on Metcalfe’s rant:

In a video making the rounds online, Metcalfe announces he's "a heterosexual" who "loves his wife" after a male colleague briefly touches his arm.
Philadelphia Magazine
--OP
replies 1Dec 5, 2017 2:56 PM +00:00

Maybe he doesn't like to be touched? Personal space is important to everyone. The thought police are alive and well on Datalounge, if you don't agree with me you're a NAZI!

--Anonymous
replies 2Dec 5, 2017 2:58 PM +00:00

High-functioning autism meets homophobia.

--Anonymous
replies 3Dec 5, 2017 3:01 PM +00:00

I don’t like to be casually touched by anyone like that, male or female.

--Anonymous
replies 4Dec 5, 2017 3:02 PM +00:00

I don't like being touched like that either. Probs better to not go into a homophobic rant about it, however.

--Anonymous
replies 5Dec 5, 2017 3:04 PM +00:00

What an idiot. Maybe he does not like to be touched but his rude comments were totally unnecessary. Tell the the man who touched him you don't like it privately and leave your sexual preferences out of it. I don't like to be touched, either, but I'd never react that way, I'm not into shaming and embarrassing people. And I can tell a friendly touch from a warm person, a pervy touch from a perv, and a sexy touch from someone who interests me.

--Anonymous
replies 6Dec 5, 2017 3:06 PM +00:00

How long before that touchy lawmaker becomes one of the “Accused.” He looks a little too friendly with the hands if you ask me.

--Anonymous
replies 7Dec 5, 2017 3:12 PM +00:00

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

--Anonymous
replies 8Dec 5, 2017 3:20 PM +00:00

He was happy for the postponing to adjust his erection in his pants.

--Anonymous
replies 9Dec 5, 2017 3:25 PM +00:00

The not liking to be touched part is not the issue here, obviously. The bizarre triggered rant in a public place from a public servant is what's making the news.

--Anonymous
replies 10Dec 5, 2017 3:35 PM +00:00

I “touch”during a conversation on occasion. Learned it from my family. I have to force myself not to do it because it makes some folks uncomfortable.

I don’t mean anything sinister by it but understand some folks don’t like it.

--Anonymous
replies 11Dec 5, 2017 3:42 PM +00:00

Queen, please...

--Anonymous
replies 12Dec 5, 2017 4:19 PM +00:00

Good lord, he touched him on the arm, he didn't finger fuck him! What a weirdo.

--Anonymous
replies 13Dec 5, 2017 4:24 PM +00:00

Metcalf is a fucking pig. Who would want her?

--Anonymous
replies 14Dec 5, 2017 4:29 PM +00:00

But going after 14 year old girls when you’re 30 is A-OK with Republicans. Got it.

--Anonymous
replies 15Dec 5, 2017 4:33 PM +00:00

I don't like being touched like that either, but the proper way to handle it is in private, you tell the offending person that you just don't like being touched, it is nothing personal but you just are not comfortable being casually touched.

However I am sure the homophobe would not want a private conversation with the homosexual.

--Anonymous
replies 16Dec 5, 2017 4:33 PM +00:00

Agree with r16. This guy is a homophobic nutjob. I don't like being touched in that way either but there is a way to handle it with decency and civility. This guy is an asshole.

--Anonymous
replies 17Dec 5, 2017 4:55 PM +00:00

Touching anyone like that other than a friend or family member is unacceptable behavior. All the warm and fuzzy folks need to learn. But the reaction to the touch was psycho.

--Anonymous
replies 18Dec 5, 2017 5:00 PM +00:00

The way he was touched him in a workplace setting like that is condescending and controlling.

--Anonymous
replies 19Dec 5, 2017 5:14 PM +00:00

But, I"m sure he would have been fine if Milo touched him.

--Anonymous
replies 20Dec 5, 2017 6:20 PM +00:00

Does anyone from PA remember if it was Metcalfe who kept an ENDA bill from passing in PA a few years ago?

--Anonymous
replies 21Dec 5, 2017 6:46 PM +00:00

He was practically molesting him.

--Anonymous
replies 22Dec 5, 2017 7:26 PM +00:00

Miss Metcalfe seems more than a little "touched" to me . . .

--Mr. Bill
replies 23Dec 5, 2017 8:18 PM +00:00
I’m a heterosexual. I have a wife, I love my wife. I don’t like men.

So painfully obvious that just the OPPOSITE is true!

--Anonymous
replies 24Dec 5, 2017 9:14 PM +00:00

What an asshole.

--Anonymous
replies 25Dec 5, 2017 9:20 PM +00:00

I'm a divorced woman!

--Dottie Hinkle
replies 26Dec 5, 2017 9:21 PM +00:00

Every day, a new example of the mental illness that's all the rage in Trumpmerica.

--Anonymous
replies 27Dec 5, 2017 9:29 PM +00:00

Soooooo we agree he's gay right.

--Anonymous
replies 28Dec 5, 2017 9:35 PM +00:00

I could not care less if someone touched me like that.

--Anonymous
replies 29Dec 5, 2017 9:48 PM +00:00

R2 is clearly the Nazi among us. Only bug-crazy right-wings worry about "thought police".

--Anonymous
replies 30Dec 5, 2017 10:02 PM +00:00

the women in the blue cracked me up. She was trying to hide her laughter.

He will be #metoo soon. He was molested by the democratic Rep.

--Anonymous
replies 31Dec 5, 2017 10:10 PM +00:00

[R2] You're a cunt.

As far as homophobia goes...shouldn't gays and lesbians have 'heterophobia'? There are more reasons to be afraid of heterosexuals, especially the men, than the other way around.

--Juliesha
replies 32Dec 5, 2017 11:01 PM +00:00
The not liking to be touched part is not the issue here, obviously. The bizarre triggered rant in a public place from a public servant is what's making the news.

Yeah, that's why I posted it. I don't like being tapped or touched either but I'd never fly off the handle like that.

--Anonymous
replies 33Dec 6, 2017 4:19 AM +00:00

R33 is the OP, forgot to sign my name

--Anonymous
replies 34Dec 6, 2017 4:21 AM +00:00

"He Touched Me," written by Milton Schafer and Ira Levin for the Broadway musical 'Drat! the cat!, is from one of my all time favorite albums, My Name Is Bar...
YouTube
--Anonymous
replies 35Dec 6, 2017 5:49 AM +00:00
However I am sure the homophobe would not want a private conversation with the homosexual.

The toucher and the touchee both identify as married heterosexuals.

For Metcalfe to insinuate that a man who touches his arm must be a homosexual like all the other homosexuals on the other side of the aisle was completely uncalled for, unprofessional, and unhinged, as Simms (the homosexual observer) had pointed out.

--The beloved Mrs. Metcalfe, celibate not by choice.
replies 36Dec 6, 2017 12:48 PM +00:00

i think the stunned laughter of most of this mentally ill guy's colleagues says it all.........he made a fool of himself and also an embarrassment. the guy touched his arm for what, 3 seconds? i can't take it anymore.

--I've got the answer....I'm going to fly away....
replies 37Dec 6, 2017 1:02 PM +00:00

#MeToo

--Daryl Metcalfe
replies 38Dec 6, 2017 1:56 PM +00:00

Basically, Metcalfe was pissed off that not everything was going his way. The guy to his left was trying to make a counterpoint and Metcalfe used his anger of not getting his way to go off on a homophobic tirade.

That gavel should be taken away - and whatever responsibilities he has.

It wasn't about being touched - not at all. It was about his anger - he would have used anything to come back at that guy.

--Anonymous
replies 39Dec 6, 2017 2:05 PM +00:00

Hands off queers. He's mine.

--Mrs. Daryl Metcalfe
replies 40Dec 6, 2017 2:12 PM +00:00

I laughed at r35’s reference to Barbra when I first clicked it, but was reminded of just how dynamic and fantastic her delivery of a song can be as I continued to listen. She can be schmaltzy, but few can match her effortless blend of pitch, power and perception. Her voice is just so rich....

--Anonymous
replies 41Dec 6, 2017 3:32 PM +00:00

I don't understand how so many of you don't like to be casually touched. I get that poking, prodding or pushing or repeated touches would feel uncomfortable but why would a tap or or touch on a forearm be so inappropriate or cause for concern and deemed an invasion of personal space? It just seems so uptight or histrionic to make so much out of it.

--Anonymous
replies 42Dec 6, 2017 3:46 PM +00:00

You should just respect other people’s wishes, R42. It’s not that hard. I agree that this guy was, indeed, histrionic, but casual touching needs to go. Especially in the workplace. Some people associate it with negative experiences, and they deserve our respect.

--Anonymous
replies 43Dec 6, 2017 3:52 PM +00:00

I agree we should respect other people's wishes. My point is why the hypersensitivity? When people are freaking out about meaningless casual touching, whether they voice their wishes or not, they could start by examining themselves and why they are so bent out shape. It just reeks of melodrama.

--I need a fainting couch, I've just been touched.
replies 44Dec 6, 2017 4:10 PM +00:00

WAKE UP! This is Trump's America. Quit acting surprised.

--Hillary Lost
replies 45Dec 6, 2017 4:11 PM +00:00

Because we know what that leads to, R42. It's the devil's own asscrack to sodomy and unspeakable perversion. Poor Mr. Metcalfe. I so feel for him and his PTSD. May the lord save and perverse him.

--Anonymous
replies 46Dec 6, 2017 4:16 PM +00:00

"HOMOPHOBIA! HOMOPHOBIA!" The SJWs scream "HOMOPHOBIA!!!"

--J'accuse! J'accuse! Zzzzz...
replies 47Dec 6, 2017 4:24 PM +00:00

Some people do have genuine PTSD from sexual trauma.

--Anonymous
replies 48Dec 6, 2017 4:25 PM +00:00

If he posted the metoo hashtag, SJW heads would explode.

--Anonymous
replies 49Dec 6, 2017 4:28 PM +00:00

Oh for fucks sake..all you SJWs need to shut the fuck up. The closet queen had himself a hissy fit. End of story.

--Anonymous
replies 50Dec 6, 2017 4:34 PM +00:00
--Anonymous
replies 51Dec 6, 2017 6:45 PM +00:00
I laughed at [R35]’s reference to Barbra when I first clicked it, but was reminded of just how dynamic and fantastic her delivery of a song can be as I continued to listen. She can be schmaltzy, but few can match her effortless blend of pitch, power and perception. Her voice is just so rich....

We are officially off the rails.

--Anonymous
replies 52Dec 6, 2017 6:58 PM +00:00

OP, Methinks the lady doth protest o'er much.

--I'm straight, I tell you. STRAIGHT!
replies 53Dec 6, 2017 7:17 PM +00:00

Paranoid snoid. Asshole, delusional, authoritarian. Projection as a defense mechanism due to his own repressed 'attractions'.

--How am I doing, DL psych pros?
replies 54Dec 6, 2017 7:21 PM +00:00

What r24 said

--Anonymous
replies 55Dec 6, 2017 7:22 PM +00:00