Join the Bitchfest >>

Marlovian/Shakespearean Decor

Decor Queens, make this Pagan’s boudoir over like a 16th C. Faustian bordello!

My rented bedroom is a pitiful size (boxy, three-paces long &W ideal), has no curtains and is painted in sandy cream, but I don’t want to think of it as a lost cause just yet. It has stained wood floorboards that are crying out for an Elizabethan rug and has a small alcove window that faces the setting sun...ideas?

I’m especially interested in drapes/curtains, rugs, lamps (standing) and ceiling light fixtures, hangings or pictures for the walls, side-tables or vanities (must be very small to fit) and candleholders.

--Anonymous
replies 11Dec 5, 2017 7:01 AM +00:00

I'm so sorry you missed out on Cher's 'Sanctuary' home decor catalog, OP.

ITEM CONDITION - Covers are both good, back covers in good condition with some spotting lower right corners. Fall 1994 numbers 47 pges, pages in good to very good condition, no markings, tears, cutouts, odors. | eBay!
eBay
--Anonymous
replies 1Dec 5, 2017 7:08 AM +00:00

I am piqued by that and did indeed miss it, R1, but that look predates the one I want by about 300 years.

And less of the Catlick paraphernalia, please!

--OP
replies 2Dec 5, 2017 7:24 AM +00:00

I have the same problem as OP. My favorite place to troll for sex is the local Renaissance fair and I need a bed to match my costume. Please help.

--Anonymous
replies 3Dec 5, 2017 7:45 AM +00:00

Look up, Datalounge denizens! I need to Court a fair youth soon and want my chambers to entice.

--OP
replies 4Dec 5, 2017 9:27 AM +00:00

You could start with red velvet curtains, OP! dark RED... like the color of blood from the goblet ritual to appease the Satyr king.

--Anonymous
replies 5Dec 5, 2017 9:30 AM +00:00

"I'm so sorry you missed out on Cher's 'Sanctuary' home decor catalog, OP."

Thank goodness you people only saw how I decorated my office as a period drama, and not my home.

--cockgobbler Aaron Schock, lover of gladiator movies and Miss Bono
replies 6Dec 5, 2017 9:38 AM +00:00

I am looking for a moody John-Dee type of feel, so red velvet definitely certainly fits the criterion R5. Would they look alright as curtain drapes, do you think? It would block out the light at the very least...

My issue is finding ways to make the room seem sumptuous & lusty but within very limited confines. Unfortunately I can’t have a four-poster as I can only fit a single cabin bed in the room I’m in, and with all my clothes clothes stored beneath so there’s no chance of a wardrobe or chest, either. All that will fit must lie on the walls or the floor, with the exception perhaps of a tiny table or desk/vanity.

i.pinimg.com
--Anonymous
replies 7Dec 6, 2017 2:59 AM +00:00

Bump, fellows! Swive me but you’re all quiet as churchmice tonight...

--OP
replies 8Dec 6, 2017 9:29 AM +00:00

A skull sat on a writing desk.

Or is that more Gothic?

--Anonymous
replies 9Dec 6, 2017 12:39 PM +00:00

I wouldn’t recommend a chest.

shakespeare.mit.edu
--Imogen
replies 10Dec 8, 2017 4:08 AM +00:00

Here are some ideas for you.

Because your garret is so small, perhaps decorate it in the manner of a Tudor-era monk's cell.

<p>Learn more about authentic Tudor-style home exteriors and how you might go about updating the rooms inside</p>
Traditional Home
--Anonymous
replies 11Dec 8, 2017 4:35 AM +00:00