Join the Bitchfest >>

Justice League

Henry Cavill's chest fur is the absolute best thing about it! I'm sure it'll be the only thing that saves it, too.

static0.srcdn.com
--Anonymous
replies 56Nov 21, 2017 10:23 AM +00:00

Do you really think you’re the first person to post about this movie?

--OP is worse than Zack Snyder
replies 1Nov 21, 2017 10:25 AM +00:00

Previous thread, Justice League reviews

Offsite Link
--Anonymous
replies 2Nov 21, 2017 10:29 AM +00:00

I would argue that Cavill's scenes are purposely homoerotic. I don't think those shirtless scenes are geared towards the female crowd. The WW scenes are obviously for the straight fanboys, but Henry is strictly for the gays. I think the filmmakers (and Henry) just accept that.

--Anonymous
replies 3Nov 21, 2017 10:30 AM +00:00
I don't think those shirtless scenes are geared towards the female crowd.

Maybe it's for both?

--Anonymous
replies 4Nov 21, 2017 10:50 AM +00:00

Is the cast going to survive this? I mean, no one is going to hold it against them, but aside from Aquaman already being in the can and Gal pretty much being untouchable, are we going to see any of them playing these characters again?

--Anonymous
replies 5Nov 21, 2017 1:34 PM +00:00

I can see a Flash movie coming out of this. Ezra was terrific.

--Anonymous
replies 6Nov 21, 2017 1:40 PM +00:00

What a hilariously bad picture of La Cavil!

--Anonymous
replies 7Nov 21, 2017 1:46 PM +00:00

Shyborg.

--Lizsha
replies 8Nov 21, 2017 1:50 PM +00:00

Supertits

--Anonymous
replies 9Nov 21, 2017 7:08 PM +00:00

I actually liked the movie. Much better than Batman vs Superman.

And yes, Henry's extended shirtless scene was ... woof.

--Anonymous
replies 10Nov 21, 2017 7:09 PM +00:00

I love you, R8.

--Anonymous
replies 11Nov 21, 2017 7:09 PM +00:00
I think the filmmakers (and Henry) just accept that.

I doubt Henry does. He lives in a closet so deep He’s blind as the men in Plato’s cave.

--Anonymous
replies 12Nov 21, 2017 7:11 PM +00:00
I would argue that Cavill's scenes are purposely homoerotic. I don't think those shirtless scenes are geared towards the female crowd.

They are geared toward Zack Snyder. Are you familiar with his work?

aelarsen.files.wordpress.com
--Anonymous
replies 13Nov 22, 2017 12:48 AM +00:00

His scenes are geared toward my dick.

--All Gay Men. On Every Planet. In The Universe.
replies 14Nov 22, 2017 1:05 AM +00:00

I can't believe they spent $25 million to digitally remove Henry's moustache. I wonder what they spent to remove the bags under Affleck's eyes.

--Anonymous
replies 15Nov 22, 2017 2:21 AM +00:00

The 25 million was for all the reshoots

--Anonymous
replies 16Nov 22, 2017 2:31 AM +00:00

His lip was so distracting in some scenes.

I'd love to know which scenes were the reshoots.

Honestly, it turned out relatively well. Way better than BvS. Some very fun and entertaining moments.

The "big bad" was kind of a flop though, and the climax was sort of an anti-climax. Lots of weird inexplicable/unexplained events. But if you don't think too hard, you can just have fun with it. And it was fun.

--Anonymous
replies 17Nov 22, 2017 9:06 AM +00:00

Whatever they used on Affleck's face , it worked because he looked better than I have ever seen him in a long time in his close ups.

--Anonymous
replies 18Nov 22, 2017 12:56 PM +00:00

I thought it was great!

Henry's chest and stomach were definitely there for the gay men in the audience.

I never noticed the ghost mustache nor the "obvious" weight-gain-reshoots of Ben. I was caught up in the fun movie!

I thought Jason and Ezra were terrific, as was Gal, of course.

The only one I thought was less-than-good was Amber Heard. While Mera looked fierce and fab, Heard was not strong saying the lines.

Thanks for this thread! The other one is just a bash session, so it's nice to see some others who also enjoyed it.

--Anonymous
replies 19Nov 22, 2017 1:03 PM +00:00

I watched it last night and I really enjoyed it. It's obviously not a perfect movie but it was a nice ride. Cavill's mustache lip situation was really truly visible only in the first scene where you couldn't help but notice it. I assume that scene was added to the film later and they had no time to perfect it. You sort of noticed the lip maybe twice later but that was probably because I was aware of the whole situation.

Steppenwolf looked terrible. They should've used a real actor's face and enhance it with CGI. Now it seems the face was all CGI. But still, even if he wasn't the strongest villain out there the film was all about bringing Justice League together and I really did enjoy that part.

It's a shame if the whole DCEU falls apart because of this because even if not perfect the DCEU films have something the MCU films lack. They are darker and for me personally they do feel more powerful in some ways.

--Anonymous
replies 20Nov 22, 2017 1:07 PM +00:00

What other thread? Isn't this one just a natural continuation of the reviews thread because that one got maxed out? Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The ScreenRant editors made a JL review podcast that is required listening to anyone who wants detailed knowledge of what the hell went wrong. It's kinda heartbreaking, listening to these huge DC fans listing all the ridiculous and embarrassing scenes from the movie. Saying Affleck will and should leave the role is just the icing on the cake. Canadian accent galore.

We talk Snyder & Whedon's Justice League movie, and what its disappointing box office means for the DCEU's future.
Screen Rant
--Anonymous
replies 21Nov 22, 2017 1:13 PM +00:00

It sucked Steppenwolf sucked, the whole thing was a CGI shitfest. Awful.

--Anonymous
replies 22Nov 22, 2017 1:17 PM +00:00

I felt more involved in 'Justice League' than in seeing the dreck that is 'Thor: Ragnarok' a week before.

I liked seeing the Justice Leaguers come together and becoming friends, actually seeing that happening.

I have no interest in the dog piles that R21 is jacking off to.

--Anonymous
replies 23Nov 22, 2017 1:18 PM +00:00

R23, since I enjoyed the film as well I've no plans to hear some disgruntled hardcore DC fans list their grievances. Sure I get where they're coming from. I'm a huge John Byrne/Chris Claremont era X-Men fan and I remember being just appalled by X-Men III. I've read some DC comics over the years, mostly Superman as a kid and then the darker Batman stuff later, but I've never ever heard of Steppenwolf and I'm ok with that. I enjoyed the film as it is.

--R20
replies 24Nov 22, 2017 1:25 PM +00:00

I'm a DC Fan since 1974 and I really enjoyed this movie. All of the characters were fine in spirit. Plus, so many Crises and Rebirths cause origins to shift around, so there is no "TRUE" way any DC character can be portrayed. Only true to the character's spirit and history, which these all were.

Ben did a great job humanizing Bruce/Batman. Henry and Gal were great! I kept wishing they were the New 52 Superman and Wonder Woman and would fall in love! Oh well, I like Lois, too!

LOVED Ezra and I expected to just hate him. I get why some people hate the way the character was written but I enjoyed his portrayal and the writing. The ending scene with Henry was cute, too!

I also was a fan of the Byrne-era X-Men and I feel that 'X-Men 3" was atrocious and an assault on the character of Jean Grey. But I geeked out at the end of 'X-Men 2' with the Phoenix effect seen under the lake! Even though the circumstances were different, the characters in the first two movies seemed true to their comics origins. I also loved the first two Tobey 'Spider-Man' movies, two of the most REAL comics movies ever made.

As a Steve Englehart era Avengers fan, I also especially am not fond of that 'Age of Ultron' movie either. I don't even get the point of it.

--R23
replies 25Nov 22, 2017 1:36 PM +00:00

It sucked. How many times have we seen this motherboxes shit in other media? Steppenwolf was lame as hell. It was a paint-by-numbers shitshow. Except for Gal and Jason as Aquaman (only because that shit movie is already in the can) we won't be seeing any of these actors playing these characters ever again.

--Anonymous
replies 26Nov 22, 2017 1:39 PM +00:00

Kevin Smith did his review, after spending 10 min spoiling The Punisher, and Chamberlain was gay? Anyway, he liked it, did not loved it, but he spend over an hour listing everything he liked and didn't like after watching it twice.

WATCH MORE FAT MAN ON BATMAN AND SUBSCRIBE: ??http://bit.ly/1Up4nQ1 THE PUNISHER, MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE, LORD OF THE RINGS (Fat Man on Batman) ??http://...
YouTube
--Anonymous
replies 27Nov 22, 2017 8:16 PM +00:00

With a 93 million opening dc will neva be queen! Patty Jenkins should just direct gotham city sirens and have wonder woman be the "bad guy". I would watch that.

--Anonymous
replies 28Nov 22, 2017 10:13 PM +00:00

It was better than BvS and deserved better boxoffice than BvS.

--Anonymous
replies 29Nov 23, 2017 9:52 AM +00:00

I didn't think it was better than BvS. It was shorter and that was the only plus. The resurrection of Superman was so clumsy -- it deserved a more compelling narrative. I still don't know what Steppenwolf is. I think DCEU is going down a ridiculous road by not attempting a plausible explanation for a "god." How does one alien (Superman) handily beat the sh*t out of a "god" that nearly destroyed the world and was defeated only by all men, all Amazons, all Atlantians and the old "gods" joining forces to defeat him?

--Anonymous
replies 30Nov 23, 2017 7:45 PM +00:00

Superman is a god since he was resurrected from the dead by the power of those three box thingies after the other members of the JL team had their seance. (Technically, it couldn't have happened without Flash, so Flash is the God Maker.) Since Superman is now a god with the powers of a god, this explains how he is able to hand other gods their own ass.

Kneel before Kal-El.

331 Likes, 19 Comments - Declan Fahy Burt (@declanfahy) on Instagram: “Our cover star Henry Cavill (Superman) training on set... oof! New issue out now... . . . . . . .…”
Instagram
--Anonymous
replies 31Nov 24, 2017 2:45 AM +00:00

R28 I would love that.

--Anonymous
replies 32Nov 24, 2017 3:31 AM +00:00

Wow, continues to underperform in its second week, estimates keep falling from 63 to 61 to 59

Thanksgiving AM Update: Refresh for updates Moviegoers love Coco: The Disney film earned an A+ CinemaScore last night, Pixar’s 6th ever, and the best since Up. On top of that, Coco came in mu…
Deadline
--Anonymous
replies 33Nov 25, 2017 2:16 AM +00:00

I saw it. It was not terrible by any stretch, but it certainly was lacking. A lot. A Green Lantern, for one thing, and no that one flashback scene didn’t count. Another thing lacking was a reason for Cy-fucking-borg being in this at all. It didn’t help that the actor and the character were both dull and useless as shit. The tokenism is so insulting when Marvel has Black Panther coming out, and John Stewart as Green Lantern could’ve easily fixed both of these mistakes.

Having said that, I reiterate that it was not remotely terrible. I think the reviews are too harsh, but I also think the DCEU has ruined its brand irrevocably and that is the reason fans are staying away in droves. “Wonder Woman” was a beautiful fluke. It’s a shame Gal Gadot will be associated with this larger mess, and it’s a shame Ezra Miller’s Flash and Jason Momoa’s Aquaman are, too. Keep these three and reboot everything else. Pronto. Make the announcement before Aquaman is released so that the new direction is clear. There are still some good parts to this universe but the rest of it needs to be scrapped, now. Stick to the classic iterations of these characters and stop forcing grimdark on us.

Disney, which 30 years ago was a failing animation studio, bought Marvel and within a decade they were ruling the box office with a fantastic, candy-colored romp of a universe. Warner has been making live action films forever, and has owned a comic book company with far more iconic characters for decades, and they can’t even make the most spectacular superhero lineup of all time look interesting. Something is seriously wrong, folks.

--Anonymous
replies 34Nov 29, 2017 9:06 AM +00:00
it’s a shame Ezra Miller’s Flash and Jason Momoa’s Aquaman are, too.

How about Henry Cavill’s Superman?

--Tehe
replies 35Nov 29, 2017 9:33 AM +00:00

The reason they didn't push back Justice League....was so they could get bonuses

One executive told TheWrap Tsujihara and Emmerich “wanted to preserve their bonuses they would be paid before the merger,” and were worried that “if they pushed the movie, then their bonuses would have been pushed to the following year and they might not still be at the studio.” Another knowledgable insider said that at the highest levels of Warner Bros., bonuses are awarded “for making good decisions.” If delaying a film is the right decision, an executive could be rewarded for it. The final version of “Justice League,” a compromise between Snyder’s vision and Whedon’s, left few people completely satisfied. “I think Warner Bros. biggest misstep was not pushing the release of ‘Justice League’ when Snyder had to step aside,” the executive told TheWrap.
"Justice League" ran out of time because of internal division, a family tragedy, and the weight of "Batman v Superman," insiders say
TheWrap
--Anonymous
replies 36Nov 30, 2017 7:18 AM +00:00

It is tracking to make less money than "Man of Steel" did.

The $668 million gross that made WB panic over 'Man of Steel' is now an optimistic final gross for 'Justice League.'
Forbes
--Anonymous
replies 37Dec 3, 2017 7:31 AM +00:00

It's not going to clear $250 million domestically. It's hard to believe that's a flop, but here we are.

--Nubia, WWotFI
replies 38Dec 3, 2017 7:44 AM +00:00

But... it's better than Batman vs Superman! It deserves to do better than that movie!

--Anonymous
replies 39Dec 3, 2017 10:17 AM +00:00

Casted

--Anonymous
replies 40Dec 3, 2017 10:26 AM +00:00

Joss reveals he is the one who chose “Everybody Knows” for the generally well-received credits montage

“@emilynussbaum (I stuck it in JL too)”
Twitter
--Anonymous
replies 41Dec 5, 2017 1:29 AM +00:00

The first look at Aquaman is here?

What do you think will be the first task they try to do with this movie?

If you said distance it from the Justice League, you are right!

What’s also interesting is how even this still photo has a rather different feel than images from Justice League, which introduced Aquaman to audiences last month. Director James Wan (Furious 7, The Conjuring) says you can expect many more differences to come. “It’s going to look very different, it will feel very different — aesthetically, tonally, story-wise — it’s my own take,” Wan tells EW. “It’s a much more a traditional action-adventure quest movie.”
Exclusive: Director James Wan and star Jason Momoa on how the stand-alone film will be very different from 'Justice League'
EW.com
--Anonymous
replies 42Dec 7, 2017 9:38 AM +00:00

R37 That's embarrassing.

R39 It was, but that's not really saying much.

--Anonymous
replies 43Dec 7, 2017 10:02 AM +00:00

And so it begins. Variety has the scoop.

While Ben Affleck is expected to appear as Batman in a standalone Flash movie, it is highly unlikely he will don the cape and cowl in Matt Reeves’ planned standalone Batman movie. The director is said to want to cast the role with fresh talent, according to sources.
Warner Bros. is planning a shake-up and restructuring of its DC Films operation following the box office disappointment of “Justice League,” Variety has learned. Jon Berg will be leavin…
Variety
--Anonymous
replies 44Dec 7, 2017 12:33 PM +00:00
Time Warner is said to be frustrated that Warner Bros. leaders continue to bring the director back, especially after “Batman v Superman” was excoriated by critics even though it made money.

Of course they hare upset they keep bringing Snyder back. It is absurd how many opportunities he was given to fail.

--Anonymous
replies 45Dec 7, 2017 12:38 PM +00:00

Cavill looks like he has bosoms in the OP's image.

--Anonymous
replies 46Dec 7, 2017 12:41 PM +00:00

That is the classic Henry Cavill look. His tit muscles need to look like they are struggling to break free.

--Anonymous
replies 47Dec 7, 2017 12:43 PM +00:00

So they're basically promoting Jon Berg over this fiasco. Great job!

--Anonymous
replies 48Dec 7, 2017 12:45 PM +00:00

Am I the only one who finds absolutely nothing appealing about this version of Aquaman?

Like Momoa's body is great, but that's it.

--Nubia, WWotFI
replies 49Dec 7, 2017 3:26 PM +00:00

I guess everyone's job is at stake. Cavill will probably be out along with Ben.

--Anonymous
replies 50Dec 9, 2017 12:47 AM +00:00

R48 = idiot

“Segue into producing” = fired in Hollywoodese

--Anonymous
replies 51Dec 9, 2017 1:04 AM +00:00

R51 = triggered

--Anonymous
replies 52Dec 9, 2017 1:07 AM +00:00

R51 correctly called you out for being wrong.

--Anonymous
replies 53Dec 9, 2017 5:53 AM +00:00
Am I the only one who finds absolutely nothing appealing about this version of Aquaman?

I also have no interest in AquaPoochie.

It’s a shame Gal Gadot will be associated with this larger mess

I think she's a mediocre actress who's been incredibly lucky. She'll get a ten year run on the back of these movies.

--Anne T. Monitor
replies 54Dec 9, 2017 6:14 AM +00:00

I like Gal but I agree she got lucky. Real lucky. More power to her though, she seems gracious and adoring to all the fans.

--Anonymous
replies 55Dec 10, 2017 7:33 PM +00:00

I think Gal Gadot is doing a good job as Wonder Woman, but my one complaint is that she has none of the warmth and amiable persona that made Lynda Carter's portrayal of the character so memorable.

In fact, I could really say the exact same thing about Henry Cavill's Superman vs. Chris Reeve's Superman.

--Anonymous
replies 56Dec 10, 2017 8:07 PM +00:00