Join the Bitchfest >>

Do you watch House Hunters on HGTV?

Those are some of the most spoiled and entitled people I have ever seen in my life.

The ones with a high budget are always going on an on about things that don't matter to anyone else, such as vaulted ceilings, stainless steel appliances, double vanities in the "en suite" master bathroom, the must-have island in the kitchen, the "open concept" living room, and a whole bunch of other bullshit nonsense.

Plus, the wives are always so critical of EVERYTHING, not to mention demanding.

And then you have poor people with a thousand dollar per month rental budget, who expect a three bedroom house in a gated community, with all of the aforementioned amenities.

Arrrrggghhh!!! These people drive me nuts!!

--Anonymous
replies 92Nov 9, 2017 4:00 PM +00:00

There have literally been a bajillion other threads on this, OP.

This is but one

I'm watching those two queens who call themselves The Property Brothers and it got me thinking . . . why doesn't Tarek from Flip or Flop lose 20 pounds and ditch those tragic cargo shorts in the ...
the DataLounge
--Anonymous
replies 1Nov 9, 2017 4:11 PM +00:00

Or....

I've read of this being very staged, so the BF and I have been crawling the web for many of these people after being frustrated is seeing so many people near or around our own ages being able to just ...
the DataLounge
--Anonymous
replies 2Nov 9, 2017 4:13 PM +00:00

Or this one

Does anyone watch this show? I love watching house hunters with huge expectations.Also, the Americans moving overseas who have unrealistic expectations and expect the homes to be exactly how they are ...
the DataLounge
--Anonymous
replies 3Nov 9, 2017 4:15 PM +00:00

R1-R3, is your name by any chance...... CHERYL?????

--ioLa
replies 4Nov 9, 2017 4:21 PM +00:00

No, and my pussy does NOT stink!

Seriously, though, this is a perennial topic......open threads abound.....

--Anonymous
replies 5Nov 9, 2017 4:27 PM +00:00

Housewife and Gay TV is a staple in my home. It's the only reason I keep cable.

--Anonymous
replies 6Nov 9, 2017 4:30 PM +00:00

They only ever see 3 - and always choose 1.

Odd.

--Anonymous
replies 7Nov 9, 2017 4:32 PM +00:00

A friend works on one of these shows. In most cases, the house is pre-bought, & the rest is faked. This covers any potential liability issues for the show, either from buyers remorse, deals gone bad, or tripping over a step, etc.

--Ontoward
replies 8Nov 9, 2017 4:35 PM +00:00

What I cannot stand is how they declare everything about a potential house as “disgusting” or “tacky”. The poor owners must feel awful. Can’t they just say “The colors aren’t my style”?

--Anonymous
replies 9Nov 9, 2017 5:13 PM +00:00

Don't forget the white kitchen cabinets!!

--bossy frau
replies 10Nov 9, 2017 5:17 PM +00:00
A friend works on one of these shows. In most cases, the house is pre-bought, & the rest is faked. This covers any potential liability issues for the show, either from buyers remorse, deals gone bad, or tripping over a step, etc.

This isn't even remotely a secret anymore.

Any show on HGTV that uses the "pick one" house is dealing with buyers who already have the house under contract.

Also:

When you see the flipping shows calling an agent to put in an offer....that's fake too. They bought the house before they even opened the door.

Buyers get the basics on those flipping houses, but those custom tables and custom pieces that some shows do? The buyers never get those unless they pay extra. (This is especially so on Fixer Upper, because all of that is for their Magnolia business, so they can sell more.)

--Anonymous
replies 11Nov 10, 2017 3:38 AM +00:00

You do realize all these people are coached and the shows are heavily scripted, don't you? How boring would it be if every home seeker went in and just loved everything. The producers of these types of shows want you to be aghast at what you see because that'll keep you coming back to watch again a lot faster than if everyone is sugar sweet. I know you want to kick the TV screen out when you see a husband and wife walk into a 800 sq. ft. master suite and immediately start complaining "IT'S SO SMAAAAAAAL - I don't think our furniture would fit in here". But please, resist the urge. Don't lower yourself into believe that shit is real.

--Anonymous
replies 12Nov 10, 2017 4:00 AM +00:00

Why are they so mad at a kitchen that can keep food away from the vultures?

--Darfur orphan
replies 13Nov 10, 2017 4:06 AM +00:00

I think one of the funniest I saw was a gay couple looking for a house in Palm Springs. One of the men insisted that he didn't want to even see any houses that had only oval toilets, he wanted elongated. To me he was trying to tell everyone his huge cock simply wouldn't fit in a round toilet, but he never said that out loud. They would reject every house that didn't have elongated toilets when for probably under $500 you could change any toilet.

--Anonymous
replies 14Nov 10, 2017 4:20 AM +00:00

OP, why do you watch such shit if it bugs you? I stopped watching HGTV about 3 years ago.

--Anonymous
replies 15Nov 10, 2017 6:13 AM +00:00
You do realize all these people are coached and the shows are heavily scripted, don't you?

Which is also why they all always use the same words.

For example, it's almost always the woman who says "charm" and "character."

--Anonymous
replies 16Nov 10, 2017 10:47 AM +00:00

For eons, women have been preparing delicious meals using only the most basic, and sometimes even primitive equipment.

Today's modern gal cannot prepare a microwavable meal unless she has granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances,white subway tile, and the kitchen must be open to the rest of the house so she can keep her demon seeds from killing one another while she sticks shit in the microwave.

--Anonymous
replies 17Nov 10, 2017 11:10 AM +00:00

R17, you NAILED IT.

Entitled and lazy fucks.

--Anonymous
replies 18Nov 10, 2017 12:07 PM +00:00

They have a show called Vintage Flip which just did one of the ugliest flips I've ever seen.

And yet it sold for nearly 900K.

--Anonymous
replies 19Nov 10, 2017 4:38 PM +00:00
Which is also why they all always use the same words.

Yeah, they all use the same words and phrases, like "This will be great for entertaining!" or, on House Hunters International, "We need to be close to the city center."

--Anonymous
replies 20Nov 10, 2017 4:49 PM +00:00

HHI:

"How can I possibly cook Thanksgiving dinner in THAT oven?"

You're in Northern Italy, you fat whore! There is no Thanksgiving there!

--Anonymous
replies 21Nov 11, 2017 3:24 PM +00:00

I just saw ADRIAN LEEDS, bitches! Be jealous!

She was fabulous as usual, reading some dumb blonde bitch and her cute but dumb husband for filth about their unrealistic expectations.

When they were shocked at the small fridge: "We shop by the day here....NOT by the week!"

blog.parisinsights.com
--Excuse her beauty.....
replies 22Nov 11, 2017 5:43 PM +00:00

I want a Mediterranean house with an Italian kitchen. Then, upon seeing it and these a-holes have a fit. How is this a good show?

This show use to focused on backpackers types and culture. I do not want to see some barely graduated lawyer who snorted too much Ritalin looking for a house/rental. WTF, did you do to this show?

--Anonymous
replies 23Nov 11, 2017 6:03 PM +00:00

I love ADRIAN LEEDS. But, they do need to give her better people.

--Anonymous
replies 24Nov 11, 2017 6:05 PM +00:00

Rarely, does anyone on these shows discuss the quality of the schools. I have never heard anyone ask about taxes. When it comes to neighborhoods. people ask about restaurants, bars and club; somehow they forget to ask about pharmacies, supermarkets, dry cleaners, etc. No one seems to care as to the cost to heat and cool a big house with an open floor plan and/or high ceilings

--Anonymous
replies 25Nov 11, 2017 7:31 PM +00:00

What is the frau obsession with white kitchen cabinets?

This one stupid bitch said she had to gut the whole kitchen because it had granite counter tops and dark cabinets. "This is just unacceptable." I was like, WHAT THE FUCK???!!!

These people are so fucking delusional.

--Anonymous
replies 26Nov 12, 2017 1:43 PM +00:00

White looks dirty very quickly.

Lighter shades/colors I get - I don't like dark cabinets. But a lot of the white cabinets they show are builder grade. Dirty in six months.

--Anonymous
replies 27Nov 13, 2017 3:13 PM +00:00

House Hunters proves out the theory that most people can't see envision a bunch of low-cost changes to things that "ruin" a house for them.

I have a cousin who has made a lot of money on this--buying up old lady or guido houses, redecorating to look like a Pottery Barn catalog and selling them for a lot more money.

--Anonymous
replies 28Nov 13, 2017 3:19 PM +00:00

I love how La Leeds basically laughs in everyone's face once they give her their budget for the Parisian flat of their dreams.

--Anonymous
replies 29Nov 13, 2017 3:41 PM +00:00

I haven't watched HH in a couple of years, but I'd watch daily if it was "Adrian Leeds: House Hunters". Bitch is the bomb.

--Anonymous
replies 30Nov 13, 2017 3:59 PM +00:00

I love Adrian Leeds and also love the bearded British queen who's a real estate agent...Richard Bianco.

www.richardblanco.com
--Anonymous
replies 31Nov 13, 2017 4:37 PM +00:00

[R31] I love both Adrian @ Richard! They should give those 2 their own show

--Anonymous
replies 32Nov 13, 2017 4:53 PM +00:00

Adrian is the bomb. LOVE HER. And I do like that British bloke-richard. He is soooo polite and can find a garden in London. How is this even possible?

--Anonymous
replies 33Nov 13, 2017 9:08 PM +00:00

I want Richard to show me his extremely hairy cock. That's an English garden I can get behind!

(or rather, in front of)

--Anonymous
replies 34Nov 14, 2017 6:18 AM +00:00

I'm confused.

Who are Adrian and Richard, and what do they have to do with House Hunters?

--Anonymous
replies 35Nov 14, 2017 1:00 PM +00:00

Richard shows them a real shithole district in this clip.

& 'cute' in the real world is the guy who's looking...and the dog.

--Anonymous
replies 36Nov 14, 2017 1:48 PM +00:00

Adrian? the gurl in Paris?

candysdirt.com
--Anonymous
replies 37Nov 14, 2017 1:50 PM +00:00

I thought I was alone in my love for Adrienne. I was sort of mad in her list recent appearance though. Not once did she wear a beret!

--Anonymous
replies 38Nov 14, 2017 2:17 PM +00:00

R35 If you take five seconds to look upthread, at R22 and R31, you'll see who we are talking about.

They are realtors who appear on House Hunters International. Thus, they are discussed here.

--Anonymous
replies 39Nov 14, 2017 2:20 PM +00:00
They are realtors who appear on House Hunters International

In all the time I've been watching House Hunters (US and International), there have been no regular "hosts" or agents.

It has always been some local RA who shows the buyers around, and the RA's have always been different, depending on the city.

I've never seen a repeat agent, come to think of it.

--Anonymous
replies 40Nov 14, 2017 2:24 PM +00:00

R40 Richard and Adrian have both been on multiple episodes. Adrian may be their star go-to person for Paris, since she has her fans; I think Richard is one of several for London and the suburbs.

I have to say I can't remember ever seeing the same agent twice on the domestic shows, though. And I've seen a handful of other agents on HHI who have appeared more than once - there's a Katerina Witt lookalike that I think has done multiple shows for.....mmm, maybe Germany or Austria. But it doesn't happen often. Adrian and Richard are the outliers.

--Anonymous
replies 41Nov 14, 2017 2:30 PM +00:00

Thank you, R41. That makes it clear. I was beginning to think that I was watching some other show.

I'll watch for those two next time. However, HH Int'l is pretty diverse as far as countries, and I only occasionally catch an episode where they're in the UK or Germany/Austria.

I've seen a few in Africa, lots in the Caribbean and Mexico, one in Hungary, a couple in small French towns, etc. Rarely the UK and never in Germany.

--R40
replies 42Nov 14, 2017 2:39 PM +00:00

They used to do more European cities but seem to be going more for Caribbean/coastal locations. They just had a German one in the last few weeks.

--Anonymous
replies 43Nov 14, 2017 2:40 PM +00:00

I enjoyed the Belgium, Italy, and Amsterdam episodes. Those HGTV HHI episodes are long gone.

--Anonymous
replies 44Nov 14, 2017 2:45 PM +00:00

My favorite HHI episodes were in Capetown SA, Johannesburg SA, this tiny village in France, and another tiny village in Ireland.

The homes in Capetown were very nice but expensive. In Johannesburg, they were nice and affordable. In France, they were nice, but really old. And in Ireland, it was quaint, but far from town.

--Anonymous
replies 45Nov 14, 2017 2:50 PM +00:00

The best thing is Tiny House Hunters , where the hunters will first tell you how they want to down size and then complain how small the houses are .

--Anonymous
replies 46Nov 14, 2017 2:57 PM +00:00

Are there a lot of places now where you can hook up a mobile home? I do not think so. I do not get this show. I do not think it is a trend or fad at all.

--Anonymous
replies 47Nov 14, 2017 4:08 PM +00:00

OMG. This HHI with a couple where he makes smoothies and she teaches yoga. And yet somehow they could afford $1300 a month. WTF

--Anonymous
replies 48Nov 18, 2017 4:18 PM +00:00

Drugs.

Wanna buy some?

--HHI couple
replies 49Nov 18, 2017 6:39 PM +00:00

Adrian Leeds in a bi-national treasure. Please do not let UGLY Americans move to Paris, France.

--Anonymous
replies 50Nov 18, 2017 7:07 PM +00:00

my favorite is always when the fat frau shits all over each of the three houses and then moves in and "redecorates" with her tacky-ass shit, with gross colors and cheap finishes. I also wonder after appearing on this show, how many wives have been killed by their husbands?

--Herb "give em hell" Lipshitz
replies 51Nov 18, 2017 7:38 PM +00:00

I have the hots for the husband at R36.

I wonder if the RA went back to blow him in their new home, while the wife was away at work?

He looks the type.

--Anonymous
replies 52Nov 19, 2017 10:58 AM +00:00

I miss Sandra "Jugs" Rinomato.

--Anonymous
replies 53Nov 19, 2017 11:03 AM +00:00

If I see one more TV commercial with those fucking Gaineses I'm going to shit on my TV screen.

--Anonymous
replies 54Nov 19, 2017 11:36 AM +00:00

or just change the channel?

--Anonymous
replies 55Nov 19, 2017 12:54 PM +00:00

I've read that some of the RAs are actually just friends pretending to show a house because they don't get much money to be on the show and it does take up time that they could put to better use.

--Anonymous
replies 56Nov 19, 2017 1:27 PM +00:00

I miss Suzanne Whang

1cqgxm3l59yi2wwbnn3qy35h-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com
--the Suzanne Whang troll
replies 57Nov 19, 2017 5:02 PM +00:00

R57: You can't beat the Whang for entertainment!

--Ba dum dum
replies 58Nov 19, 2017 5:16 PM +00:00

Why do people appear on HH? I assume they are paid, but is it very much? What else do they have to gain? They’ve already bought the houses. The scripts are terrible and make them look like obnoxious idiots. Is seeing themselves on TV. Really worth it? Are there other financial reasons for doing this?

--Anonymous
replies 59Nov 19, 2017 5:29 PM +00:00

R59 With some people I assume they have a business to promote, or something like that.

But I think a lot of other people are just sucked in by the attention.

Financials are small - I read that the couple gets $500. Not each, not per day....PERIOD. And that's taxed.

I have to say this: There's been a number of times when I knew an area they were showing, or was interested in a neighborhood of a house they were showing, and if I caught a glimpse of the house number, or some other identifying thing, I've been able to find it online.

(This is how I learned that they make up the prices, when they had a house in a suburb of Chicago they claimed was 1.2M (way over budget) but I found it online for 500K (well under their budget.)

Anyway, for some houses it can be easy to find them with a little Googling, and I personally would not want that attention, or have someone know that much about me and my home, for safety reasons.

--Anonymous
replies 60Nov 20, 2017 3:42 AM +00:00

The next person on the show that says "curb appeal," I will take a fucking AXE to!

--Anonymous
replies 61Nov 20, 2017 1:37 PM +00:00

Curb appeal

All in

Charm and character

Open concept

--Anonymous
replies 62Nov 20, 2017 1:39 PM +00:00

DON’T FORGET THE CROWN MOLDING!!!

--Anonymous
replies 63Nov 20, 2017 1:48 PM +00:00

Exactly, R62!

These stupid breeder couples think that they're so smart by parroting all of these terms that they THINK make them look smart.

They're just a bunch of dumb sheep.

--Anonymous
replies 64Nov 20, 2017 1:48 PM +00:00

Nix the hillbillies and get Adrian LEEDS her own show. I LOVE HER.

--Anonymous
replies 65Nov 20, 2017 3:10 PM +00:00

Pet peeves for these shows (which depress me so much I can't watch anymore) 1: the couples who tell you they need a huge living/dining room because "we entertain SO MUCH"! Look, if your friends like you, they'll come to where ever you are. But you don't need to tell us over and over how you entertain "SOOOOO MUUUUUUCH!!!" 2: the people who need an enormous back yard for their (usually miniature) dog. There was a time dogs were just happy to have an outdoor area. Unless you're leaving them out there for a month or something, they really don't need THAT much room. They're basically just going to take a nap till you come home, anyway. 3: the people who come in and gripe about the neat old kitchens and bathrooms, practically yelling, "All this would have to GO!" Haven't they ever seen 1930's tile before? Do they know how much all that stuff costs at Liz's Antique Hardware in L.A.? Basically, they're ready to trash rooms that look how Martha Stewart would do them, with some fresh paint. Those shows are just VOMITOUS!

--Millie (still partially restricted from posting) (I WILL NOT BE SILENCED!)
replies 66Nov 20, 2017 3:24 PM +00:00

"that's what I'm talking 'bout!"

--Anonymous
replies 67Nov 20, 2017 4:16 PM +00:00

R64, you DO realize that all of the shows are scripted, so they say what they are told to say.

--Anonymous
replies 68Nov 20, 2017 4:19 PM +00:00

I caught an episode last night with a couple from Massachusetts who had a budget of between 2 and 3 MILLION DOLLARS!

They were hilarious because the guy wanted an old colonial home, and the lady wanted a brand new home. How in the fuck will they ever agree on a house??? But they did.

And when the agent showed them a home with 5 acres, they said it wasn't enough land! They own 6 alpacas, and said that they need tons of farmland for them.

They finally decided on a house built in 1640 (!!!) on 28 acres of land, for 1.4 million dollars.

That was a very interesting episode.

--Anonymous
replies 69Nov 21, 2017 4:11 PM +00:00

I often wonder where some of the young couples who are featured get their money -- "I'm an aspiring musician and my wife teaches yoga classes. Our budget is $1.4 million."

--Anonymous
replies 70Nov 21, 2017 4:59 PM +00:00

It's no longer a master bathroom, it's en suite.

--Anonymous
replies 71Nov 21, 2017 5:11 PM +00:00

When people looking in a city say the neighbors are too close, I think are these people swingers or coke dealers?

--Anonymous
replies 72Nov 21, 2017 5:11 PM +00:00

R70, I always assume that parents are helping. My aunt earns 130k, had a 730 credit score, and no substantial debt, but she was only approved for $380K. This wouldn't be an issue except she lives in the Bay Area. Maybe it was ageism. I have no idea how some of these young people are getting approved for so much.

--Anonymous
replies 73Nov 21, 2017 5:27 PM +00:00

There was a woman who moved to Athens, Greece from Indiana, and her rental budget was $500. FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!

And you wouldn't believe the apartments that she was shown. Some really beautiful places, and she was STILL complaining! Stupid bitch.

--Anonymous
replies 74Nov 21, 2017 7:30 PM +00:00

I was in a waiting room the other day when Fixer Upper was playing.

A really hot dude was in there with his GF and she asked him the names of the Fixer Upper stars. (You would think a People reading fraulein would know, but she didn't.)

Hot Dude looked at her and said, "That guy's name is Hey, It's That Asshole Again."

I laughed.

--I know, underwhelming.
replies 75Nov 27, 2017 1:11 PM +00:00

Every time I see Adrian Leeds on HHI I think: "We might be just a terrorist attack away from affordable real estate in Le Marais."

--Anonymous
replies 76Nov 27, 2017 1:51 PM +00:00

"Newlyweds 23 year old Jill and 25 year old Joe are looking for their first starter home. With a budget of 3.5 million..."

--Anonymous
replies 77Nov 27, 2017 2:27 PM +00:00

These shows are for lazy non-working unskilled housewife bitches to fantasize over. They're entirely scripted and fake as fuck. Their audience are women whose "career" goal was to marry some guy and have him pay for them for the rest of their lives.

--Anonymous
replies 78Nov 27, 2017 2:43 PM +00:00

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE to have WHITE CABINETS!!!!!!!

--Anonymous
replies 79Nov 28, 2017 1:17 PM +00:00

I miss John Gidding.

3.bp.blogspot.com
--Anonymous
replies 80Nov 28, 2017 1:19 PM +00:00

"the people who come in and gripe about the neat old kitchens and bathrooms, practically yelling, "All this would have to GO!"

I hate the people who go into a 5 to 10 year old house and pronounce the kitchens and bathrooms as dated and they ABSOLUTELY MUST be discarded.

What an ecological disaster.

--Anonymous
replies 81Nov 28, 2017 1:29 PM +00:00

Just watched an episode from Columbus where the guy was a short youngish guy, kinda cute, and his wife looked for all the world like his mom.

He had a big schnoz, though. Probably packing.

--Anonymous
replies 82Nov 29, 2017 4:33 PM +00:00

lawd

--Anonymous
replies 83Nov 30, 2017 1:59 PM +00:00

I do like the sexy ex-military African American gentleman doing the new Flip or Flop Fort Worth.

sni-rawnet-production.s3.amazonaws.com
--Mmmmm yes hunty
replies 84Dec 3, 2017 4:46 AM +00:00

I would be happy to never hear the phrases "forever home," or "make it our own." NO ONE talks like that in real life.

--Anonymous
replies 85Dec 3, 2017 8:30 PM +00:00

Screw your other Real Estate agents.

I just caught an episode of HH International, and the agent in Manchester UK was so damned hot!

His name is Wayne Eastman, and I could watch him all day long.

He also seems gay to me. I'm in love...

pbs.twimg.com
--Anonymous
replies 86Dec 5, 2017 4:29 AM +00:00

Anyone know of Wayne Eastman in Manchester?

media.licdn.com
--Anonymous
replies 87Dec 5, 2017 4:33 AM +00:00

I don't believe that the Scott brothers are straight. Drew looks painfully awkward with his Asian fiance.

--Anonymous
replies 88Dec 5, 2017 6:05 PM +00:00

R88 - I know, right? And it's awful to say - but there's some portion of the population that thinks that there's a higher percentage of gay men who marry asian women.

Some folks say.

--Anonymous
replies 89Dec 5, 2017 6:08 PM +00:00
Drew looks painfully awkward with his Asian fiance.

Well, we all know what that means.

--Anonymous
replies 90Dec 5, 2017 6:17 PM +00:00

I liked the Masters of Flip people but they don't seem to be making any more shows.

--Anonymous
replies 91Dec 6, 2017 2:01 PM +00:00

Gah, they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel lately on HH.

--Anonymous
replies 92Dec 8, 2017 8:17 AM +00:00