Join the Bitchfest >>

MSNBC shows, hosts, reporters, etc.

Who do we love? Who do we hate?

www1.pictures.zimbio.com
--Anonymous
replies 479Sep 2, 2017 8:38 AM +00:00

Not in the majority, but I like Brian Williams. Of course, Joy and Rachael.

--Anonymous
replies 1Sep 2, 2017 8:41 AM +00:00

Is that Thomas' husband, OP? He's gorgeous.

--not the Gorgeous Gay Men queen
replies 2Sep 2, 2017 8:42 AM +00:00

I love lamp.

--Brick
replies 3Sep 2, 2017 8:44 AM +00:00

I love Joy and Rachel. I just wish they would find more for Thomas Roberts, they are not putting his many assets to use.

--Anonymous
replies 4Sep 2, 2017 8:49 AM +00:00

This is part 2 of the "MSNBC's new stable of political reporters" thread since that one maxed out.

--Anonymous
replies 5Sep 2, 2017 8:50 AM +00:00

Two handsome men/

--Anonymous
replies 6Sep 2, 2017 8:51 AM +00:00

Yes Patrick is very cute. Also amazing that they're the same age.

25.media.tumblr.com
--Anonymous
replies 7Sep 2, 2017 8:52 AM +00:00

Why is that amazing, R7?

--Anonymous
replies 8Sep 2, 2017 8:54 AM +00:00

Just meant that Patrick looks younger than he actually is.

--Anonymous
replies 9Sep 2, 2017 8:59 AM +00:00

Ari Melber, yummy!

--Anonymous
replies 10Sep 2, 2017 9:00 AM +00:00

I love Joy. I was a big Rachel fan early on but she's starting to get a little too conspiracy theory for my liking. I love Lawrence O'Donnell. Will never forgive Mika and Joe for giving Trump free publicity and normalizing him. I like Stephanie Ruhle a lot - she can barely contain her Trump disgust.

--Anonymous
replies 11Sep 2, 2017 9:02 AM +00:00
I was a big Rachel fan early on but she's starting to get a little too conspiracy theory for my liking.

Which, if there weren't such a good chance she's right, might bother me, too.

--Anonymous
replies 12Sep 2, 2017 9:04 AM +00:00

It's been nearly 10 years since Tim Russert died--why can't they find a decent replacement yet? Chuck Todd is unwatchable. This man belongs far away from cameras and microphones. He's such an idiot who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.

If you're in the mood for an alcohol-induced coma, take a sip every time he begins a sentence with "Look!"

He's so awful. Why can't some obscure network that I never watch hire him away? That seems to happen to my favorites so why can't it happen to this skin rash?

--Anonymous
replies 13Sep 2, 2017 9:12 AM +00:00

They should have given the MTP job to either Andrea Mitchell or Gwen Ifill.

--Anonymous
replies 14Sep 2, 2017 9:14 AM +00:00

There was a rumor Scarborough really, really wanted Meet the Press when the guy before Todd was flaming out. And remains pissed it wasn't considered more seriously.

--Anonymous
replies 15Sep 2, 2017 9:18 AM +00:00

Hans whatshisname is not a looker but he is a very good Capitol Hill reporter. Windbag Kelly O'Donnell won't shut up she drags her reports and repeats herself to hog air time. I like Kristen Welker but she is entering that territory sometimes.

Nicole Wallace's show is MTP but it's miles and miles above Chuck Todd's version, She has fantastic guests and beats Todd's show for opinion and scoops because she airs before him.

--Anonymous
replies 16Sep 2, 2017 9:21 AM +00:00

Thanks, r5. Link back to the previous thread:

MSNBC has done a good job bringing them on screen during this election cycle. I really like all of them. Not one bad thing to say.Hallie Jackson, Katy Tur, Kasie Hunt, Jacob Soboroff, Kristen ...
the DataLounge
--Anonymous
replies 17Sep 2, 2017 9:24 AM +00:00

R14 Gwen is dead to me

--Anonymous
replies 18Sep 2, 2017 9:28 AM +00:00

Kelly O'Donnell kind of creeps me out. The way she makes a point of blocking so that she's standing to the right and cocking (sorry) her head to the left. It's such a pretentious pose. Used to think her ponderous reporting was trying to make sense out of/explain all the awful stuff Trumps doing; now it sounds like she's a shill for him and makes his statements and actions seem more 'professional' than they are. Maybe it's just me.....

--Anonymous
replies 19Sep 2, 2017 9:32 AM +00:00

How funny: Kelly O seems like the most innocuous, just-the-facts, objective reporter on TV. I never noticed anything annoying or biased about her.

--Anonymous
replies 20Sep 2, 2017 9:39 AM +00:00

I'm really rooting for Katy Tur. That shit she had to put up with from Trump's deplorables day after day seems to have rattled her. But she seems to want to be strong and I hope she is. She's a decent reporter do I hope she sticks around long past Trump's expiration date so that she can join in when we all look back at 2017 and laugh.

Is she gay? Does she want a man? If she wants a lover, she deserves a good one who treats her right.

--Anonymous
replies 21Sep 2, 2017 9:45 AM +00:00

Kelly O'Donnell turned into a great big fat person.

I guess she saw a huge, Candy Crowley shaped hole in the market and decided to go for it.

liverampup.com
--Anonymous
replies 22Sep 2, 2017 9:45 AM +00:00

No love for Craig Melvin?

--Anonymous
replies 23Sep 2, 2017 9:46 AM +00:00

NO, R23.

Most annoying voice known to man.

--Even sandpaper is annoyed
replies 24Sep 2, 2017 9:47 AM +00:00

Joe Scarborough is just so full of himself. Even his band is named "Scarborough" Ugh. If I hear one more time "....during my time in Congress ..." or "I was elected to..."

--Anonymous
replies 25Sep 2, 2017 9:47 AM +00:00

Louis Bergdorf

--Anonymous
replies 26Sep 2, 2017 9:54 AM +00:00

If we can add the network's frequent talking heads, I'm for Nick Confessore, Josh Earnest, Jeremy Bash, and Jeremy Peters.

--Anonymous
replies 27Sep 2, 2017 10:24 AM +00:00

Since it's a new thread, I'd like to revive my love for Jonathan Swan right here.

--Anonymous
replies 28Sep 2, 2017 10:33 AM +00:00

Joe Scarborough also loves to say, "I'm just a country lawyer."

--Anonymous
replies 29Sep 2, 2017 10:43 AM +00:00

MTP should've been hosted by Norah O'Donnell before she booked to CBS.

--Anonymous
replies 30Sep 2, 2017 10:44 AM +00:00

Those teeth Americans all feel the need to show in photographs all look the same and sort of fake. Makes them look like Ken Dolls.

www1.pictures.zimbio.com
--Anonymous
replies 31Sep 2, 2017 10:56 AM +00:00

Ken dolls that you desperately want to fuck

--Anonymous
replies 32Sep 2, 2017 10:59 AM +00:00

Love Rachel and Joy, dislike Matthews.

Brian Williams is especially galling. His stilted, robotic delivery is apparently MSNBC's idea of what an authoritarian TV anchor should sound like. They've doubled down on that with a bizarre military-style-music show intro that makes me want to hide in a bunker. Image rehabilitation at its worst.

--Anonymous
replies 33Sep 2, 2017 11:07 AM +00:00

I appreciate Rachel's reporting very much. I revile Rachel's melodramatic delivery very much. I hate to say that I can't stand to watch her. She is better when she has someone to talk to, but her monologues are really exhausting to me. Too. Much. Drama.

Also can't stand Cuomo's blowhardedness.

--Anonymous
replies 34Sep 2, 2017 11:14 AM +00:00

Can't stand Maddow, ugh. And Joy is a total hack. I know I'm in the minority here. ... Russia Russia Russia.

--Anonymous
replies 35Sep 2, 2017 11:54 AM +00:00

Yeah, Trump selling the USA to Russia is no big deal. I want to hear more reporting on Hilary's emails and Obama's birth certificate, and Monica Lewinski. You know, the stuff that matters.

--Anonymous
replies 36Sep 2, 2017 12:03 PM +00:00

I know I am in the minority here but Joy Reid is just pretty much unwatchable for an hour, and I tried as she subbed for Rachel last night but she couldn't read a teleprompter worth a damn. I don't mind her when she is a panelist but she just can't carry an hour show.

Chris Matthews is also unwatchable, he has a habit of asking a question, when the person he asks starts to answer he begins talking again, expanding on the question. The man is in love with the sound of his own voice.

Hate Hugh Hewitt with a passion and refuse to watch his shit show.

Love Rachel, Lawrence, Ari, Ali, Hallie, Jason, Thomas, Louis, Louie, Craig, Chuck, Brian, Katy, Kasie, Nicolle, Andrea, Richard Engel and Ayman

Don't care for Joe and Mika, Stephanie, Chris Hayes who isn't even listed as working for MSNBC on their talent bios page and those listed about that I consider unwatchable.

www.nbcumv.com
--Anonymous
replies 37Sep 2, 2017 12:20 PM +00:00
They should have given the MTP job to either Andrea Mitchell or Gwen Ifill.

Dislike Chuck Todd if you want but Gwen Ifill died shortly after Chuck took over and Andrea looks half dead, she is 70 and her shelf life is limited. While I am not saying they didn't have the chops to do the job, both would have been a horrible choice.

--Anonymous
replies 38Sep 2, 2017 12:26 PM +00:00

I like Ali Velshi.

--Anonymous
replies 39Sep 2, 2017 12:29 PM +00:00

To add to R37... I can't explain why, I love Joy on her own show but don't particularly care for her when she substitutes for Rachel.

--Anonymous
replies 40Sep 2, 2017 12:43 PM +00:00

Rachel's show really only needs to be a half hour.

--Anonymous
replies 41Sep 2, 2017 12:51 PM +00:00

Rachel needs a new black blazer.

--Not!
replies 42Sep 2, 2017 1:39 PM +00:00

Joy managed to keep Rachel's show highly rated while she sat in for her during vacation. But Joy doesn't not shine with Rachel's format, it's too talky. Joy likes to have point/counterpoint and she thrives on the interaction with others. That is why she's such a good panelist on other shows. I love her weekend show and it's nice that she has a diverse set of voices on her show.

--Anonymous
replies 43Sep 2, 2017 1:42 PM +00:00

R43 You nailed it for me. Thanks.

--R40
replies 44Sep 2, 2017 1:44 PM +00:00

R38 I dislike Chuck Todd for a specific reason that probably would make many roll their eyes. He likens everything to team sports. It may seem superficial to be bothered by that, but to me it's a major problem. Political analysts and commentators see politics as a "my team versus their team" sport, ignoring real-world consequences for the country at large. Joe Scarborough is the same: he says "the only thing that matters is winning." That's true when a candidate is trying to win a campaign. It's false and irresponsible when it comes to governing, and it is what is wrong with our country today. Everyone is divided--your team versus my team--and even for people who are capable of thinking outside the confines of pure partisanship, the issues are so clearly defined as either "good" or "bad" if you associate with the left or the right that our whole country thinks of politics as nothing more than a sport. It's not. There are consequnces and there should be nuance in analyzing and discussing current events.

--Anonymous
replies 45Sep 2, 2017 1:47 PM +00:00

Totally agree, R45. I notice Trump voters seem to think of politics as a football game. They just like to egg on the other side. "We won, get over it!" etc. Fucking morons. I have noticed Todd and Scarborough talking like you described. It's really unfortunate to say the least.

I too saw Joy struggling with the TelePrompTer last night. Oy, Joy. She's definitely better as a panelist.

I do however love when Kornacki subs for Matthews.

I agree completely with this:

How funny: Kelly O seems like the most innocuous, just-the-facts, objective reporter on TV. I never noticed anything annoying or biased about her.

...but I still LOL'd at this:

I guess she saw a huge, Candy Crowley shaped hole in the market and decided to go for it.

She is really great and absolutely does not try to make a Trump sound any better than he is. She's a White House correspondent like Kristen Welker is. They're not going to go all Nicolle Wallace on camera when they're broadcasting from the WH property. It might be part of the job description: Thou shalt not cause MSNBC to lose its press credentials at the White House.

--Anonymous
replies 46Sep 2, 2017 1:53 PM +00:00

R46 Unfortunately, people on the left are doing the same thing now. It's teams, not thinking. That's part of the political backlash and polarizing effect now. I said something on Twitter that dissented slightly from one point someone made and that person retweeted me and rallied others to goad me to admit I'm a Trump supporter and an alt-right person...which I very decidedly am not. But it really doesn't matter at this point. You're either "with us" on every single point or you're perceived as the enemy. It's really fucking scary. Unthinking mobs are dangerous.

--Anonymous
replies 47Sep 2, 2017 1:57 PM +00:00

That happens on here all the time R47.

--Anonymous
replies 48Sep 2, 2017 1:59 PM +00:00

I'm aware. It's either a sign of stupidity or a sign of indoctrination/brainwashing that people can't engage in nuanced discussion without pointing in a panic and calling anyone who dissents a witch or a communist.

--Anonymous
replies 49Sep 2, 2017 2:01 PM +00:00

Rachel's show is like a 60 minute televised think piece. Joy wants to get right to it and she wants to get down and dirty with a collection of panelists that she can bounce information off. Both ladies are awesome, but they just have different styles. Which is great.

--Anonymous
replies 50Sep 2, 2017 2:07 PM +00:00

R21 Katy Tur snagged her some prime beef in Tony Dokopil, who used to be a reporter on MSNBC. They are engaged.

pbs.twimg.com
--Anonymous
replies 51Sep 2, 2017 2:09 PM +00:00

Speaking of annoying news readers, can we officially assign DL monikers to CNN's Snow Queen Don Lemon and Snow Balls Anderson Cooper?

--Winter is cooming!
replies 52Sep 2, 2017 2:12 PM +00:00

Unfortunately for all of us, Republicans have all applied a team sports/winners vs. losers approach for decades -- and it works! Democrats are concerned with improving lives while Republicans gerrymander and spend money on attack ads. And they keep winning elections.

Democrats need to win. At this point, I'll fully support the team sports approach if it works.

--Anonymous
replies 53Sep 2, 2017 3:00 PM +00:00

R38 Just to correct you, Chuck Tood started hosting MTP in September 2014. Gwen died in November 2016....so she did not die shortly after like you say

--Anonymous
replies 54Sep 2, 2017 3:06 PM +00:00
R31: Those teeth Americans all feel the need to show in photographs all look the same and sort of fake. Makes them look like Ken Dolls.

This is the silliest complaint I have read in a long time. A smile is a natural thing for people who are happy. You should also familiarize yourself with what real teeth look like in the 21st century.

--Anonymous
replies 55Sep 2, 2017 3:25 PM +00:00

I can't stand Andrea Mitchell and can't believe how much I love Nicolle Wallace. My fave commentator hands down is Steve Schmidt. Love a principled conservative who hates Trump.

--Anonymous
replies 56Sep 2, 2017 5:26 PM +00:00

Katie Tur and CNN's Jim Acosta have taken the most abuse from Trump. But they keep going back and I consider them true Patriots. I just fear for their lives. Seriously.

--Anonymous
replies 57Sep 2, 2017 9:59 PM +00:00

Thomas Roberts used be one the best bottoms in the business!

--Anonymous
replies 58Sep 2, 2017 10:24 PM +00:00

Is this why Tom Roberts is no longer on MSNBC?

Over the weekend, Thomas Roberts became the first openly gay man to anchor a major network nightly news broadcast — which isn’t such a huge deal given that Anderson Cooper has his own prime-time show on CNN, contributes to 60 Minutes, and all the rest, and given that no one watches the nightly news who …
The Sword
--Anonymous
replies 59Sep 2, 2017 10:26 PM +00:00

Smoking hot!

Explore this photo album by CoxRUs on Flickr!
Flickr
--Anonymous
replies 60Sep 2, 2017 10:29 PM +00:00

Their veneers are blinding. Like looking into the eclipse.

www.faceliftdentistry.com
--Pearl White
replies 61Sep 3, 2017 2:03 AM +00:00

R42 I have 2 outfits, just alike.

--Lily Tomlin
replies 62Sep 3, 2017 2:12 AM +00:00

I love them both but I swear to God if MSNBC shows that Chris Hayes/Al Gore commercial one more time I'm going to scream.

--Anonymous
replies 63Sep 3, 2017 6:51 AM +00:00

Nicolle Wallace is great.

They should give her Meet the Press. (Which her 4pm show is, basically, every day).

--Anonymous
replies 64Sep 3, 2017 6:55 AM +00:00

I know a lot of you don't like Chris Matthews all that much, but I have always enjoyed his show. He has actually worked in politics and the newspaper business, and in his prime, including his time as a panelist on the great McGoughlin Group program, he could cut to the chase and get to the heart of the matter. Often he still does.

He also has always had Ron Reagan as a guest periodically to bash republicans as only the liberal son of a conservative "Saint" can do.

If they're grooming Kornacki to take over that 7 pm slot when Matthews retires, I see it as a mistake. Steve is good as a nerdy, wonky panelist and fill-in host. But I wouldn't make a habit of watching him every evening, for sure.

--Anonymous
replies 65Sep 3, 2017 8:14 AM +00:00

Should be "The McLaughlin Group," obviously. Ugh.

--R65
replies 66Sep 3, 2017 8:16 AM +00:00

Nicolle Wallace was a great addition to The View. I couldn't believe they fired her and replaced her with yet another moron.

--Anonymous
replies 67Sep 3, 2017 8:25 AM +00:00

I would like Josh Ernest inside me quite earnestly

--Anne L Lingus, MD
replies 68Sep 3, 2017 9:28 AM +00:00

I love Joy's Saturday AM show and didn't like her during Rachel's time slot.

I agree with the observation she's more interactive. I think she has great daytime energy, which I don't want at night.

On the conservative side, I love Nicolle, Steve Schmidt and Richard Painter (who does a fantastic job on Twitter.)

As a non military person, I've learned a lot from Malcolm Nance, Jeremy Bash and Clapper.

I do like Brian Wm's guests and think his energy is better suited for an earlier time. Maybe Brian Wm's and Chris Hayes should swap.

--Anonymous
replies 69Sep 3, 2017 9:51 AM +00:00
[R38] Just to correct you, Chuck Tood started hosting MTP in September 2014. Gwen died in November 2016....so she did not die shortly after like you say

"Shortly after" is a term open to debate R54, was it the following week or month no, but the host of Meet The Press doesn't change often. Ifill died of breast and endometrial cancer, that isn't something that you get and die the next month, while she had kept her illness quiet, clearly it was something she had been dealing with for a while.

I was not putting Ifill down, I thought she was awesome and was a regular viewer of her show, but considering her illness and eventual death I was just saying not selecting her was not a mistake. Who knows she might have been offered the job and turned it down, but this is a huge position at NBC and normally the promotion goes to someone 'in house". If healthy she would have been great at MTP, but not giving it to her was not a mistake, IMHO. Now Joe Scarborough hosting MTP would have been a mistake, a huge mistake.

--Anonymous
replies 70Sep 3, 2017 2:59 PM +00:00

Josh Earnest is indeed hot and also has the kindest eyes, R68. Looks like he'd be a great friend.

--Anonymous
replies 71Sep 3, 2017 4:48 PM +00:00

Richard Painter is my new hero. He's quirky and brilliant.

--Anonymous
replies 72Sep 3, 2017 4:50 PM +00:00

His tweets are quite good, R72.

--Anonymous
replies 73Sep 3, 2017 4:52 PM +00:00

Richard Painter is the shit!

--Anonymous
replies 74Sep 3, 2017 5:30 PM +00:00

R58 And he still is.

Actually a hot fuck and a nice guy.

--Anonymous
replies 75Sep 3, 2017 5:50 PM +00:00

Of the new talking heads, I love Malcolm Nance. He is great Rachel should host MTP, though no conservatives would do the show. Nicole Wallace will land that gig eventually. Scarborough can't even bother to show up to the studio most days, how does he keep the show?

--Anonymous
replies 76Sep 3, 2017 6:20 PM +00:00

The Joe/Mika divorce is going to be hilarious

--Anonymous
replies 77Sep 3, 2017 6:26 PM +00:00

When did Thomas Roberts get rehired? I thought he got the axe. I like him but he is a bit of a soft talker. Someone in the control booth needs to turn up his mic a bit more.

--Anonymous
replies 78Sep 4, 2017 4:45 AM +00:00

He doesn't get much attention on here but the NBC reporter I think is hot as fuck is Bill Neely. Older man, sexy, great voice, just my type.

--Anonymous
replies 79Sep 4, 2017 6:22 AM +00:00

Bill Neely:

media4.s-nbcnews.com
--Anonymous
replies 80Sep 4, 2017 6:23 AM +00:00

Hi Bill Neely, welcome to Datalounge

--Anonymous
replies 81Sep 4, 2017 8:36 AM +00:00

I would also like to know more about Dean Obedallah, who appears frequently on Joy's show. Hot and smart.

--Anonymous
replies 82Sep 4, 2017 9:29 AM +00:00

Eli Stokols looks like crap with that perma-stubble. Either commit to a full beard or shave. He looks like they found him 10 minutes ago living on Skid Row.

--Anonymous
replies 83Sep 4, 2017 3:00 PM +00:00

Listening to Phil Rucker at the Press Conference right now. Sarah Huckabee is reaming him!

--Anonymous
replies 84Sep 5, 2017 9:02 AM +00:00

Stay strong, Phil! They hate you because you're good at your job! We need you, buddy!

--Anonymous
replies 85Sep 5, 2017 10:28 AM +00:00

Tom Roberts and his husband are so beautiful. Sad that even they need to do threesomes to keep the spark in their marriage.

--Anonymous
replies 86Sep 5, 2017 11:48 AM +00:00

R86, do you know Thomas and/or his husband? Or has he spoken publicly about his marriage issues? Or are you just making shit up?

--Anonymous
replies 87Sep 5, 2017 11:54 AM +00:00

Damn, Robert Costa is looking FIIIIINE with this new haircut. His open collar is giving us a peek at his chest hair, rrrraaaaarrrrrr! 😍

--Anonymous
replies 88Sep 7, 2017 2:37 PM +00:00

Ken Vogel (Politico, now NYT) is such a gorgeous BRO. There's something about his voice that makes him seem like he'd be better suited to sports commentary. Maybe he's from California? I don't know.

Nicolle's show is absolutely essential viewing, up there with Rachel and Brian. It was hysterically funny today with everyone laughing with glee at Trump's "Deal" with Schumer and Pelosi.

NYTs Ken Vogel confirms translator was sixth person in Trump
YouTube
--Anonymous
replies 89Sep 7, 2017 5:38 PM +00:00

Who's that new(?) guy in the Trump admin who's been talking to the reporters in the press room about hurricanes and the related budgetary concerns? He's tall and HOT!

--Anonymous
replies 90Sep 7, 2017 5:43 PM +00:00

This guy.

Don't read the comments below the video on YouTube. Yikes!

The White House
YouTube
--R90
replies 91Sep 7, 2017 5:47 PM +00:00

Katy Tur is gorgeous. What's the deal with her father? Anyone got the goods?

--Anonymous
replies 92Sep 7, 2017 5:50 PM +00:00

Zooey Tur was last seen getting into a twitter fight with Starbucks over its treatment of service animals. Have fun learning all about Zooey!

--Anonymous
replies 93Sep 7, 2017 5:56 PM +00:00

I love Katy and can't wait to read her book. I might even go to a signing here in NYC just to shake her hand and tell her she's wonderful.

--Anonymous
replies 94Sep 7, 2017 6:02 PM +00:00

R91 apparently the Russian-bots have invaded the comments section of Youtube.

When you read shit like "Sarah Huckabee is so beautiful," you know it aint a real comment.

--Anonymous
replies 95Sep 7, 2017 6:02 PM +00:00

I agree R89. The other day Nicolle was talking about Chimp changing his views based on popularity. She said it's like he sits in front of the tv and votes on what he sees as popular -- like its American Idol or the Voice.

--Anonymous
replies 96Sep 7, 2017 6:43 PM +00:00
When you read shit like "Sarah Huckabee is so beautiful," you know it aint a real comment.

Yes, I noticed that one. Bizarro world.

--Anonymous
replies 97Sep 7, 2017 7:47 PM +00:00
Ken Vogel (Politico, now NYT) is such a gorgeous BRO. There's something about his voice that makes him seem like he'd be better suited to sports commentary.

He'd be better suited with his ankles sitting up on my shoulders, but that's just me.

--Anonymous
replies 98Sep 7, 2017 8:19 PM +00:00
Who's that new(?) guy in the Trump admin who's been talking to the reporters in the press room about hurricanes and the related budgetary concerns? He's tall and HOT!

That's Tom Bossert, who although he's got a grasp of what's going on in Emergency Management, is also happy to toe the Trump anti-immigrant line.

--Anonymous
replies 99Sep 7, 2017 11:27 PM +00:00

Philip Rucker of the Washington Post is really unimpressive on TV, but they sure have him on a lot. I assume he's got reporting chops, since he's the WP's lead White House correspondent, but he's like a less-cute Pillsbury Doughboy.

--Anonymous
replies 100Sep 7, 2017 11:29 PM +00:00

I can always tell if I am enjoying a MSNBC show if the hour speeds by and it's over for the night. Hardball, The Last Word, Nicolle's and Brian Williams show fall into that group.

I love Ari, Chris Hayes and Rachel but all three shows tend to drag on

MTP Daily and Andrea Mitchel are the longest hours on Television.

--Anonymous
replies 101Sep 8, 2017 12:02 AM +00:00

LOVE Thomas Roberts! I've loved him since CNN. I LOVE him! SO fine.

--the woman who loves Thomas Roberts
replies 102Sep 8, 2017 12:07 AM +00:00

Thomas Roberts was unfairly demoted to weekends, in my view. Nice to see him reporting live from Florida over the past couple of days. He should be on the road more, rather than trapped in the studio late in the day on weekends.

And how about some love for MoJo regular Katty Kay, BBC World News America anchor, who is part of a lawsuit alleging wage discrimination at the Beeb?

--Anonymous
replies 103Sep 8, 2017 9:05 AM +00:00

Yowch, when did Sam Champion leave The Weather Channel for MSNBC/NBC?

He's on with Katy Tur. He's wearing a tight black t shirt to show off his guns (eat your heart out, Anderson Cooper) and his face is all red and puffy.

Can't he crawl back to Good Morning America?

--Anonymous
replies 104Sep 8, 2017 9:17 AM +00:00

I think TWC is NBC-owned, r104. He's part of the extended family and just guest-starring, I'm guessing.

Didn't Al Roker also do double-duty between NBC and TWC for awhile?

--Anonymous
replies 105Sep 8, 2017 9:23 AM +00:00

According to Wiki:

"In December 2016, Champion and The Weather Channel decided not to renew their contract. As a result, Champion left the company. The final episode of 23.5° aired on December 27, 2016."

--Anonymous
replies 106Sep 8, 2017 9:37 AM +00:00

Wow, I stand corrected, r106. So Sam is now a "contributor" to NBC or whatever. Maybe he's semi-retired and loving life.

--Anonymous
replies 107Sep 8, 2017 9:40 AM +00:00

Sam is 56 and his hot piece husband is 40. Does the husband really want a life of scrimping and saving off of retirement earnings for the rest of his life? Or would he rather be a regular at the hottest gay dance clubs around the world?

I'm guessing that Sam will never retire.

--Anonymous
replies 108Sep 8, 2017 10:24 AM +00:00

I think Michael Schmidt from the New York Times is a cutie. Unfortunately, none of the pics you find of him online do him much justice.

i.ytimg.com
--Anonymous
replies 109Sep 8, 2017 1:57 PM +00:00

I bet Ari is fun in bed -- knows how to make you laugh (in a good way) while also knowing how to bring the sex.

--Anonymous
replies 110Sep 8, 2017 2:01 PM +00:00

That weather man Bill Karins (?) has a really bad hair solution. Is that plugs?

--Anonymous
replies 111Sep 9, 2017 7:37 AM +00:00

It's nice to see out and proud gay Raphael Miranda get some national exposure.

--Anonymous
replies 112Sep 9, 2017 8:18 AM +00:00

Bad form! Sam Champion is wearing his The Weather Channel coat on MSNBC!

Is he trying to send a message to his former employer? Is he trying to send a message to MSNBC? Surely the weather man owns more than one raincoat!

--Anonymous
replies 113Sep 9, 2017 8:29 AM +00:00
Or would he rather be a regular at the hottest gay dance clubs around the world?

Do we know for a fact that that's what his husband would love to do more than anything? I'm younger than he is and I have never once in my life wanted to spend an hour at a "hot" gay dance club much less become a regular at them worldwide.

--Anonymous
replies 114Sep 9, 2017 9:12 AM +00:00

Doesn't Sam also have an ownership interest in the Weather Channel? I thought that was part of the deal when he left ABC

--Anonymous
replies 115Sep 9, 2017 9:16 AM +00:00

I was happy to see that, too, R112. Raphael is such a cutie.

--Anonymous
replies 116Sep 9, 2017 9:42 AM +00:00

Sam is now wearing a different rain coat

--Anonymous
replies 117Sep 9, 2017 2:27 PM +00:00

Just heard Matt and Savannah are going to be doing the Today show in the morning just to cover Irma. Guess that means no church for them this week (haha).

--Anonymous
replies 118Sep 9, 2017 2:29 PM +00:00

This Hemingway House guy is more than a little extra

--Anonymous
replies 119Sep 9, 2017 3:31 PM +00:00
Nicolle Wallace was a great addition to The View. I couldn't believe they fired her and replaced her with yet another moron.

Apparently, she wasn't contentious enough for the View's producers. She found out she was fired in Variety.

When Nicolle Wallace was hired as a co-host of “The View” last September, ABC executives told her they wanted an intelligent, measured Republican at the Hot Topics table opposite Whoopi…
Variety
--Anonymous
replies 120Sep 9, 2017 4:30 PM +00:00

I was skeptical, but I like Nicolle Wallace a lot. She should have Meet the Press. She never lets anyone get away with anything, and her panel moderating is sharp and fun to watch. And she has deep sources and actually picks up the phone to do reporting. Chuck Todd doesn't know shit anymore and just sits there reading the prompter, lobbing softball questions and letting his guests and Andrea Mitchell and Kristen Welker do all the real work.

They should have her substitute from time to time, at least.

--Anonymous
replies 121Sep 9, 2017 4:43 PM +00:00

The gossip on Katy Tur is that she has a surprisingly great body, loves to fuck and does it well. She broke a few hearts (and cocks) in DC before she settled down with Doukopil.

She is also supposed to have a sly sense of humor and is nice to everyone.

--Anonymous
replies 122Sep 9, 2017 4:50 PM +00:00

Stephanie Ruhl is now doing the live hurricane coverage. She is OUTRAGED and ASTOUNDED that some in Florida have chosen not to evacuate. Oh, and she's SHOCKED and DUMBFOUNDED and INCREDULOUS, too.

--Anonymous
replies 123Sep 9, 2017 4:55 PM +00:00

Are her tits jiggling, R123?

That is her signature when she's really worked up.

--Anonymous
replies 124Sep 9, 2017 4:58 PM +00:00

I love Steph. When the current 10pm segment with Sam in Miami started, she yelled, "Sam, where ARE you?!"

He looks to be standing in the same place he's been all day.

--Anonymous
replies 125Sep 9, 2017 5:14 PM +00:00

Oh god, now they got Chris Hayes standing just out of the rain in Naples, FL. A waste of his talents!

This hurricane coverage is so BORING. They've been educating us about storm surges for the last hour.

--Anonymous
replies 126Sep 9, 2017 5:15 PM +00:00

The storm isn't really moving so they're having to streeeettttttcccccchhhhhh.

--Anonymous
replies 127Sep 9, 2017 5:34 PM +00:00

Grab your hand lotion and Kleenex--Ari Melber takes over at midnight

--Anonymous
replies 128Sep 9, 2017 6:28 PM +00:00

Currently it's Brian Williams, who I kind of like, but the real star of MSNBC today might be their regular morning meteorologist, Bill Karins (sp?). He's part of weekday early mornings from 5 a.m., when sadly I am often awake and getting ready for work travel.

He also does the sportscast when he's the only guy on the air who knows sports!

He's smart and cute in that nerdy dad way.

--Anonymous
replies 129Sep 10, 2017 7:22 AM +00:00

OMG debris just slammed into The Weather Channel guy. "Ow, that hurt!" And then he stumbled away in pain.

--Anonymous
replies 130Sep 10, 2017 11:33 AM +00:00

Isn't Bill Karins gay, and wasn't there some major sexual tension between him and the flaming Jeff Ranieri when Weekend Today (where Karins did weather) would interact with the Weather Channel or Weather Plus on the same broadcasts, back when NBC owned all three?

Or am I imagining this?

--Anonymous
replies 131Sep 10, 2017 11:58 AM +00:00

I saw them get into a vicious slap fight on camera. Lots of scandalous accusations, lots of tears.

--Anonymous
replies 132Sep 10, 2017 12:01 PM +00:00

Katy Tur was a behind-the-scenes producer at KTLA in Los Angeles before she hooked up with Keith Olbermann, who was, at the time, MSNBC's top anchor. Katy used Keith's agent and then landed her own MSNBC gig. She'd split with Olbermann before he was fired but then took up with a NBC Exec who got her a prime job as a foreign correspondent in London which put her far away from her troubled relationship with her father who was in the process of transitioning. Then they assigned her to Trump, having no idea, he'd end up being the GOP nominee, let alone prez. She rode that gig straight to her own regular slot on-air at MSNBC. Breasts are fake but true that she has no problem using her body as a means to get a better job. Fun fact-her father used to work with Olbermann when he was a LA sports anchor so Olbermann literally watched her grow up.

--Anonymous
replies 133Sep 10, 2017 1:34 PM +00:00

Thomas Roberts fans: he's out in the rain in Tampa tonight

--Anonymous
replies 134Sep 10, 2017 2:52 PM +00:00

Thank you, r134! I'm going to go turn it on now!

--The Thomas Roberts troll
replies 135Sep 10, 2017 2:55 PM +00:00

Urf, Brian Williams is back.

--Anonymous
replies 136Sep 10, 2017 3:02 PM +00:00

So, all MS–DNC has to offer is male eye candy?

--Anonymous
replies 137Sep 10, 2017 3:04 PM +00:00

Bill Karins

en.wikipedia.org
--Anonymous
replies 138Sep 10, 2017 4:36 PM +00:00

Was there life before Velchy & Ruhle? I don't remember.

--Anonymous
replies 139Sep 10, 2017 4:38 PM +00:00

I like Velchy & Ruhle together, but not individually.

--Anonymous
replies 140Sep 10, 2017 4:39 PM +00:00

Ruhle is not happy with Ivanka and her faux so-called job in The White House.

--Anonymous
replies 141Sep 10, 2017 4:40 PM +00:00

My favorite remains Lawrence O'Donnell. He's the best nighttime host around..

--Anonymous
replies 142Sep 10, 2017 4:41 PM +00:00

I wonder if Mr. Mueller wants to have a talk with Thomas Roberts regarding Trumpgate? Remember Thomas traveled to Moscow and hosted the Miss Universe Pageant in 2013.

--Anonymous
replies 143Sep 10, 2017 4:54 PM +00:00

I've always thought Bill Karins was very sexy, despite the retreating hairline. It's been nice seing more of him, I love his profile, he's very handsome.

--Anonymous
replies 144Sep 10, 2017 4:59 PM +00:00

Al Roker is playing defense already: "Better to be safe than sorry...."

MSNBC must dread Monday morning when they'll be accused of "fake news" for overhyping this storm.

--Anonymous
replies 145Sep 10, 2017 4:59 PM +00:00

Who's the weather guy with the gray hair that looks like it used to be blond, who's been on this weekend standing in front of the map explaining weather concepts?

--Anonymous
replies 146Sep 10, 2017 5:08 PM +00:00

Brian is vamping now.

--Anonymous
replies 147Sep 10, 2017 5:30 PM +00:00
MSNBC must dread Monday morning when they'll be accused of "fake news" for overhyping this storm.

Why, R145? They're hardly the only ones. It's been on every network up and down the dial all weekend long.

--Anonymous
replies 148Sep 10, 2017 5:41 PM +00:00

I was shocked to learn that Jeremy Bash is Dana Bash's ex-husband (I thought they were somehow blood relatives by virtue of the shared last name). Who knew?

Also, are Katty Kay and Mikey Kay related? WHET him?

--Gussy Wussy
replies 149Sep 10, 2017 6:33 PM +00:00

Wow, Thomas Roberts is on in Tampa, standing right out in the rain, and he looks MUCH sexier with wet, messed up hair, and out of his suit. He looks like a goddamn STUD!

Now I'm perplexed as to why I don't find him half this sexy when he's sitting behind the desk. It's got to be hair AND makeup that's detracting from his sex appeal. He should just rough it every day like this. Woof!

--Anonymous
replies 150Sep 10, 2017 8:06 PM +00:00

Katy Tur was subbing for Chuck Todd today on MTP Daily.

--Anonymous
replies 151Sep 11, 2017 2:08 PM +00:00

Fox News announced today that they are moving the Hannity show to 9 PM (compete with Rachel) and are launching a show for Laura Ingram at 10 PM (compete with Lawrence).

--Anonymous
replies 152Sep 11, 2017 3:03 PM +00:00

They need to move Hannity to a padded cell.

--Anonymous
replies 153Sep 11, 2017 11:07 PM +00:00

Are there nude photos of the magnificent homosexual in the blue jacket in OP's photo?

--Anonymous
replies 154Sep 11, 2017 11:34 PM +00:00

This is career suicide for Fox News by putting Laura Ingraham to go against Laurence O'Donnell at the 10 P.M. slot as well as putting Hannity to go against Rachel Maddow.

--Just Saying
replies 155Sep 12, 2017 8:24 AM +00:00

Has current hottie/former fattie Josh Barro been booted from the network? He's never on anymore.

--Anonymous
replies 156Sep 12, 2017 8:45 AM +00:00

I love Josh. Come to think of it, I last saw him on a couple of months ago. Chris Hayes used to have him on semi-regularly, Maybe having been recently married, he's having too much time with the hubby.

--Anonymous
replies 157Sep 12, 2017 7:57 PM +00:00

I'm still curious about why Ana Marie Cox is no longer on Rachel's show. She was once a regular and then --gone for good. She's popped up on Lawrence, though. I wonder if there is bad blood between Rachel and Ana Marie.

--Anonymous
replies 158Sep 12, 2017 8:19 PM +00:00

R157 I don't miss him. He's too clever by half. And it was clear in the only conversation I've ever had with him that he has no awareness that his choosing a similar line of work as his father's opened doors for him.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the spectrum.

--Anonymous
replies 159Sep 12, 2017 8:34 PM +00:00

Oh no, the dreaded "by half" idiom.

Josh was on MSNBC as a panelist sometime last week, I can't remember which show.

--Anonymous
replies 160Sep 13, 2017 1:18 AM +00:00

Chris Hayes. Has shoulders for days. Yum.

--Anonymous
replies 161Sep 13, 2017 1:28 AM +00:00

My memory is that A M Cox and Rachel had almost too good a chemistry after awhile, and devout straight girl Cox started complaining privately about viewers assuming she was obviously gay because of it. And then she wasn't on the network for a long time. Didn't Cox go from like MTV to some magazine job and wherever? I never heard that Rachel booted her, but who knows?

If true, it's too bad Cox got uncomfortable...she used to be one of my fave pundits, but lost some years over it.

--Anonymous
replies 162Sep 13, 2017 3:11 PM +00:00

The Rachel-Ana chemistry was pretty electric. I imagine that Many people commented on it since it was so obvious.

Yes, Ana was part of MTV's very short-lived effort to make its news division respectable. I hope she at least got paid by those fools before they cut everyone loose.

--Anonymous
replies 163Sep 13, 2017 3:19 PM +00:00

Katy Tur on Rachel now

--Anonymous
replies 164Sep 13, 2017 4:50 PM +00:00

AMC is occasionally on with Lawrence.

--Anonymous
replies 165Sep 14, 2017 5:03 AM +00:00

Katy Tur's book is hitting the stands today. Should we expect an angry tweet from Trump in the next few days as more excerpts come out?

--Anonymous
replies 166Sep 14, 2017 11:21 AM +00:00

Fresh Air with Terry Gross on NPR had a great interview with Katy Tur the other day. Worth looking up if you didn't hear it. I came away from it with more respect for Tur and rooting for her.

--Anonymous
replies 167Sep 14, 2017 5:02 PM +00:00

I have a problem with him allegedly making reference to himself as known in the Craigslist posting, therefore can't share a face pic. It's likely the trick wouldn't have known who he was when they met, so why bring attention to himself and risk being exposed?

--Anonymous
replies 168Sep 14, 2017 5:36 PM +00:00

OK.

--Anonymous
replies 169Sep 14, 2017 5:56 PM +00:00

Hallie Jackson was taking none of Sarah HuckabeJeepers' shit at the press conference today.

--Anonymous
replies 170Sep 15, 2017 9:54 AM +00:00

It was apparent that Rachel Maddow was one smart cookie from the time I first saw her on Air America with Al Franken.

--…back in the day
replies 171Sep 15, 2017 10:01 AM +00:00

R171, Back when Air America was on the air I knew Rachel was something special. I got to hear her morning show, plus the Young Turks with Cenk Uygur and Ben Mankiewicz, and also Al Franken's smart and hilarious show (including the great daily segment "Wait, Wait Don't Lie to Me") only because I was able to stream Air America on my work computer, and wear headphones

There was a radio station about 100 miles away carrying those shows, but reception in my car was spotty.

And now it is great to see how far Rachel and Senator! Al Franken have come. And Ben is the new face of TCM.

--Anonymous
replies 172Sep 15, 2017 10:46 AM +00:00

Aw, cute.

1,126 Likes, 19 Comments - Thomas Roberts (@thomasaroberts) on Instagram: “You know it will be a fun flight to LAX when you find @katybearla onboard!! #Delta #LAX”
Instagram
--Anonymous
replies 173Sep 15, 2017 12:55 PM +00:00

Ana Marie Cox is always on Lawrence and sometimes on Bill Maher.

I forget what website she works for the most nowadays. She's still with MTV News, by the way.

--Anonymous
replies 174Sep 15, 2017 1:26 PM +00:00

She annoys the fuck out of me. She always has a sarcastic smirk on her face, as if she thinks she's Dorothy Parker-level clever. But her swings for wit usually miss.

--Anonymous
replies 175Sep 15, 2017 3:50 PM +00:00

Chris Hayes wore a nice suit tonight. Atta boy, Chris!

--Anonymous
replies 176Sep 15, 2017 3:59 PM +00:00

Unless she was hired back in the past few days, Ana Marie Cox does not still work for MTV News.

But don't take it from me--take it from her.

Ana Marie Cox
--Anonymous
replies 177Sep 15, 2017 4:00 PM +00:00

I've seen Cox on Lawrence and other MSNBC shows lately but I've yet to see her get flustered and giggly like she did with Rachel.

--Anonymous
replies 178Sep 15, 2017 4:02 PM +00:00

I like Cox. She has a funny quirk when she's introduced. It's like she snaps to attention as a humorous act.

--Anonymous
replies 179Sep 15, 2017 4:05 PM +00:00

I LOVE how Rachel is going after Facebook!!!

--Anonymous
replies 180Sep 15, 2017 5:02 PM +00:00

Phil Rucker dyes his hair but is he also using tanning lotion on his face and head? He's a weird shade of brown lately.

--Anonymous
replies 181Sep 18, 2017 2:56 PM +00:00

Somebody at MSNBC hates Lawrence

--Anonymous
replies 182Sep 20, 2017 1:46 PM +00:00

O'Donnel's really admirably restrained compared to O'Reilly. I don't see as much vitriol or anger as Mr. Bill.

And he does have legitimate gripes, Doing a show with banging from above or below and an unknown voice yaking in the earpiece must be beyond annoying while trying to pull off a broadcast.

News anchor Bill O'Reilly flips out at camera crew.
YouTube
--Anonymous
replies 183Sep 20, 2017 2:17 PM +00:00

And he showed grace and apologized without qualifications

“A better anchorman and a better person would've had a better reaction to technical difficulties. I'm sorry.”
Twitter
--Anonymous
replies 184Sep 20, 2017 3:08 PM +00:00

Restrained, R183? You can't judge the world by Real Housewives standards.

--Anonymous
replies 185Sep 20, 2017 9:22 PM +00:00

Did you miss the "compared to O'Reilly" part, R185?

--Anonymous
replies 186Sep 20, 2017 10:40 PM +00:00

Does Lawrence O'Donnell still date Tamron Hall? She left NBC/MSNBC in protest over the hiring of Meghan Kelly and Hall's subsequent demotion.

I like Thomas Roberts, but he's a lightweight as a journalist. He's simply a newsreader.

Nicolle Wallace is good.She should replace Chuck Todd on Meet The Press, but viewers wouldn't accept a woman there as host.

Katy Tur does nota dress her father's transgenderism in her book.

--BonniePrinceCharlie
replies 187Sep 20, 2017 11:20 PM +00:00

Tur thanked Brian Williams for getting her the job at NBC on tonight's show.

--Anonymous
replies 188Sep 20, 2017 11:53 PM +00:00

Tur actually DOES mention it, 187.

--Anonymous
replies 189Sep 21, 2017 12:02 AM +00:00
She should replace Chuck Todd on Meet The Press, but viewers wouldn't accept a woman there as host.

Of course they would.

--Anonymous
replies 190Sep 21, 2017 12:26 AM +00:00
Nicolle Wallace...should replace Chuck Todd on Meet The Press, but viewers wouldn't accept a woman there as host.

Tell me about it.

--Christiane Amanpour, former host of ABC's This Week, until dumped hard
replies 191Sep 21, 2017 1:50 PM +00:00

OH, COMCAST!

Click Here Part 1 ? https://youtu.be/BzsDQa104Z4 Here's How You Can Support Our Show & Independent Media! ?Become a PATRON? https://www.patreon.com/jimmydore...
YouTube
--Anonymous
replies 192Sep 21, 2017 1:58 PM +00:00

I had no idea Hall and O'Donnell were dating. So, Hall has just been "named" in the Jesse Jackson Jr. divorce.

No further details were revealed about why Sandi Jackson, 53, is seeking information from Hall, 46, but Jackson Jr.’s attorney tells PEOPLE that their relationship is irrelevant to the divorce case. “Former Congressman Jackson knows Ms. Hall on an exclusively professional basis,” Chicago lawyer Brendan Hammer says in an exclusive statement to PEOPLE. “Mr. Jackson is deeply saddened and understandably angered that a well-respected, accomplished, dignified and honorable woman like Ms. Hall would be dragged into these proceedings so cavalierly and with so little concern for the position she holds and the high regard in which she is held.”
Offsite Link
--Anonymous
replies 193Sep 21, 2017 2:13 PM +00:00

Brian Williams got her the job at NBC? Did she fuck him too like she did Olbermann?

--Anonymous
replies 194Sep 21, 2017 2:44 PM +00:00

That's Katy Tur you're thinking of, R194

--Anonymous
replies 195Sep 21, 2017 2:50 PM +00:00

Yes

No

Who cares?

--Anonymous
replies 196Sep 21, 2017 2:51 PM +00:00

R133 and others.

I would hate Katy Tur based on what's been written and alluded to of how she climbed the ladder. Except that I think she's really good! I'm an out gay man, but I've always kept a small list of women I think could have changed me. I could add Katy to that list.

Of course, I'd still sleep with Thomas Roberts or Craig Melvin in a heartbeat.

--Anonymous
replies 197Sep 21, 2017 2:53 PM +00:00

I'm a gay man who loves Katy Tur, and although I think she's a bit overrated as she is very unpolished and frequently cannot read the TelePrompTer without fucking up, and also seems to grill her guests in a needlessly aggressive manner when it doesn't seem warranted. But I still love her! And I don't care what she supposedly did sexually to get to where she is.

She's hot.

--Anonymous
replies 198Sep 21, 2017 11:27 PM +00:00

I think O'Donnell is a major diva. I think maybe he is not so well liked by some of his coworkers, like Maddow. Whenever she hands off to him, she seems a bit icy, like she hates having to talk to him. He tries to be funny, she fake-laughs, and we the audience cringe until it's over.

I don't think he's a completely unhinged psychopath like O'Reilly, but I don't think every show host at MSNBC would behave like they're about to go postal on the crew like he does in the leaked footage. I can't imagine Rachel doing that, or Nicole, or Joy, or Brian... Lawrence just takes himself very seriously and is very smug (yes HE is smug, Rachel is not), so it wasn't surprising to see his outburst.

Entertaining and a little surreal, but not entirely surprising.

--Anonymous
replies 199Sep 21, 2017 11:31 PM +00:00

Dore is highly irritating, but not wrong, R192. It's good to keep in mind that although MSNBC is not Fox, it is still a corporate organ and only the individual ethics of its editorial and reporting staff stands between it and being a propaganda tool.

--Anonymous
replies 200Sep 22, 2017 12:41 AM +00:00

I agree R199. I've quit watching him. Too many anyhow - on nights I crave news, it's Nicolle Wallace, Chris Hayes, Rachel and Brain (and sometimes Chris Matthews though he's getting senile). Maybe a few minutes with Anderson if he doesn't have lunatic Repugs on his panel thingy - that setup is so stupid.

--Anonymous
replies 201Sep 22, 2017 1:56 AM +00:00

* Brain should be Brian Williams. Yeah, I know he's a schmoozing liar but he goes down easy and he's witty-ish. Often has decent guests, esp Steve Schmidt who I adore.

--Anonymous
replies 202Sep 22, 2017 1:57 AM +00:00

Rachel. The rest you can give to CNN.

--Anonymous
replies 203Sep 22, 2017 2:39 AM +00:00

Mariana Atencio

Ninety-five percent of Miami’s power lines are above ground, and 60 percent of the power grid in the area is down, according to officials. NBC’s Mariana Aten...
YouTube
--Anonymous
replies 204Sep 22, 2017 5:29 AM +00:00

I wrote this on the O'Donnell thread. Did anybody happen to catch Anderson Cooper last night? He made reference to it at the end of one of his panel segments. It looked like one of the panelists started laughing sheepishly just as they cut to commercial. It was easy to miss, but I almost fell out of my chair.

--Anonymous
replies 205Sep 22, 2017 12:21 PM +00:00

Dana Milbank is so sexy.

--Anonymous
replies 206Sep 28, 2017 2:57 PM +00:00

Have seen Andrew Ross Sorkin on quite a bit, he has such beautiful skin, and gorgeous eyes, makes his nebbishness rather attractive.

--Anonymous
replies 207Sep 28, 2017 3:13 PM +00:00

I like Brian Williams, he has a calming effect. If we were to suddenly go to war I would want him to be anchoring.

--Anonymous
replies 208Sep 28, 2017 3:36 PM +00:00

Hi Brian!

--Anonymous
replies 209Sep 29, 2017 2:59 PM +00:00

Well, Brian is back to report on the LV massacre. Apparently the regular news show hosts (Katy Tur, etc.) aren't good enough.

--Anonymous
replies 210Oct 2, 2017 9:29 AM +00:00
Well, Brian is back to report on the LV massacre. Apparently the regular news show hosts (Katy Tur, etc.) aren't good enough.

In fairness to Brian, he is MSNBC's "Breaking News" anchor. Anchoring the coverage when there's breaking news is his job.

--Anonymous
replies 211Oct 2, 2017 9:36 AM +00:00

I'm on board with that, r210. Williams has a lot of experience covering breaking news and this is what he does best.

I wonder who he hands off to later, though. Maybe by 4 pm it will be Nicolle?

--Anonymous
replies 212Oct 2, 2017 9:40 AM +00:00

I'll answer myself: Katy Tur is now anchoring the Vegas horror coverage

--R212
replies 213Oct 2, 2017 10:11 AM +00:00

I want to explore Ari Melber's secret garden

--Anonymous
replies 214Oct 2, 2017 11:00 AM +00:00

I don't see the special "breaking news" skills that Brian W apparently possesses. He is a handsome news reader. I don't know why Thomas Roberts, Alex Witt, etc., can't do what they have him do.

--Anonymous
replies 215Oct 2, 2017 11:23 AM +00:00

Oh dear, Rachel looks like a drag queen in the live shot from the street in Las Vegas. She's wearing WAY too much makeup for her butch style.

--Anonymous
replies 216Oct 2, 2017 3:49 PM +00:00

Any Josh Barro sightings lately?

I can't watch MSNBC 24/7. Why don't hey give Josh a regular gig?

--Anonymous
replies 217Oct 2, 2017 4:08 PM +00:00

R217 Because he’s arguably on the spectrum.

Former fat kid who’s still pissed about not getting laid in high school.

--Anonymous
replies 218Oct 2, 2017 4:40 PM +00:00

I really wish I could beat with Ari Melber, or at least see him beat on The Beat.

--Anonymous
replies 219Oct 2, 2017 5:10 PM +00:00

Josh is a regular at Circuit parties. He often instagrams pics of himself and his bf.

--Anonymous
replies 220Oct 2, 2017 7:46 PM +00:00

Brian is the best. No one handles the challenges of live news reporting, interviewing, technical difficulties with as much finesse and confidence as he does.

I say this as someone who started watching MSNBC because of Maddow, Kornacki, and O'Donnell. Brian doesn't have the skills that Maddow has, but he has different skills and is the most capable overall.

Maddow is the best at what she does.

--Anonymous
replies 221Oct 2, 2017 8:42 PM +00:00

Did Hallie Jackson blow Matt Lauer? She looks like a white ethnic.......

--Anonymous
replies 222Oct 2, 2017 8:47 PM +00:00

R22 She looks like the Irish girl who married an Italian guy and eats all of his good Italian food. That's a white ethnic for you.

--Anonymous
replies 223Oct 2, 2017 8:52 PM +00:00

"Brian is he best".

I wouldn't go that far. Whenever he starts to rhapsodize about something, (like he did with Trump's missile launch), its like he's mostly doing it because he's in love with the sound of his own voice. His narcissism goes beyond what I consider an acceptable degree.

--Anonymous
replies 224Oct 2, 2017 9:00 PM +00:00

My favorite is The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell. Alex Witt on the weekends. Always nice to see Thomas Roberts

Actually I like just about everyone on MSNBC. I watch constantly.

--Anonymous
replies 225Oct 2, 2017 11:28 PM +00:00

To answer a question upthread, Dana Bash was married to CNN's John KIng.

They had a very acrimonious divorce so it's interesting to watch they're interactions when they're both on the same panels. Dana is the daughter of some newsroom biggie Stu Schwartz. So maybe she was married married to some Dash before King.

--Anonymous
replies 226Oct 3, 2017 3:46 AM +00:00

their interactions, not they're

--Oh dearing myself
replies 227Oct 3, 2017 3:47 AM +00:00

When John and Dana are on the same panel, I wish that Anderson would do something like, "John, look at Dana and say one nice thing about her..."

(Sorry to crash the MSNBC thread with CNN stuff)

--Anonymous
replies 228Oct 3, 2017 4:11 AM +00:00

Dana Bash's first husband is Jeremy Bash, who worked in the Obama administration and for several Democratic campaigns. He's an MSNBC contributor. Small world.

--Anonymous
replies 229Oct 3, 2017 4:26 AM +00:00

Ari Melber talking with Michael Beschloss about Trump, brings up Drake lyrics. His bizarre insertion of rap lyrics like they are some profound insight is just hilarious.

--Anonymous
replies 230Oct 4, 2017 4:46 PM +00:00

Ari Fucking Melber just asked his show guest, a distinguished presidential historian, if he was fan of the rapper Drake before quoting Drake song lyrics to him.

This guy sucks. It's not cute!

--Anonymous
replies 231Oct 4, 2017 4:48 PM +00:00

As Jay Z always says "I just posted the same thought as you!"

Or as Lil Wayne says, "Great minds think alike"

--Anonymous
replies 232Oct 4, 2017 4:50 PM +00:00

Dana Bash was previously married to MSNBC commentator and attorney Jeremy Bash.

She kept his name after they split.

--Anonymous
replies 233Oct 4, 2017 5:23 PM +00:00

Twitter thinks Ari's rap references are def and dope

“Did @AriMelber just invoke a #Drake lyric regarding @realDonaldTrump style of governing? LAWD!! @Drake #controlla https://t.co/IQEiwjaRI7”
Twitter
--Anonymous
replies 234Oct 4, 2017 5:47 PM +00:00

I would drain Ari Melber dry morning, noon and night.

--Anonymous
replies 235Oct 4, 2017 6:08 PM +00:00

Me too, r235! I would tongue bathe his no-no for hours

--Anonymous
replies 236Oct 6, 2017 9:23 AM +00:00

I love Mika even though she bled all over Mar-a-Lago from a horrendous facelift.

fortunedotcom.files.wordpress.com
--Anonymous
replies 237Oct 6, 2017 5:08 PM +00:00

Has Ari dyed his hair recently? I watched him yesterday for the first time in a few weeks and his hair looks much darker now.

--Anonymous
replies 238Oct 7, 2017 5:52 AM +00:00

I wonder if Ari is the type to trim his bush or is it nice and mangly down there.

--Anonymous
replies 239Oct 7, 2017 5:54 AM +00:00

Christ! If MSNBC finds ONE more host or regular panelist with an INTENSE speech impediment I am going to jump in quicksand!!

What the fuck is the name of that sweet nelly guy with the nasal HONK and lateral esses???

He makes me want to tear my ears off!

--Anonymous
replies 240Oct 7, 2017 7:14 AM +00:00

They need to get rid of Ari Melber. He comes across as a smug prick, and he's boring. He'll get canned from his new show just like he did from all the others.

--Anonymous
replies 241Oct 7, 2017 7:19 AM +00:00

R241 = Greta Van Susteren

--Anonymous
replies 242Oct 7, 2017 7:54 AM +00:00

The current issue of The New Yorker features a very interesting profile of Maddow, by the great writer Janet Malcolm.

It addresses the opening monologue "storytelling" segments, and dives into how much work goes into them.

Her show permits liberals to enjoy themselves during what may be the most unenjoyable time of their political lives.
The New Yorker
--Anonymous
replies 243Oct 8, 2017 6:51 AM +00:00

Regarding Ari Melber, I find it interesting that he has a weekday show yet he subs for other weekdays hosts like Rachel and Lawrence. Are they they doing it to raise his profile? Are his ratings taking and they using it to promo his show? Personally, I think they gave Ari his own show too quickly or they should have paired him with someone like they did with Ali Vleshi. No offense, because he's cute but his show sucks.

--Anonymous
replies 244Oct 8, 2017 6:55 AM +00:00

R244, I take it as just their way of cross-promoting hosts of other shows since they also still have Joy sub as a host for Rachel and Lawrence despite the fact she's become somewhat of a sensation in her own right. At the end of subbing for other hosts, she and Ari get to say "Don't forget to tune in for MY show at ...", so I guess it pays off for them to do it.

--Anonymous
replies 245Oct 8, 2017 6:58 AM +00:00
I find it interesting that he has a weekday show yet he subs for other weekdays hosts like Rachel and Lawrence. Are they they doing it to raise his profile?

They do the same thing with Ali Velshi. I think it's because they don't have enough bodies. The network is woefully understaffed. They need someone to fill in when people like Rachel or Lawrence are off, and nearly all of their on-air personalities already have their own shows. So they have no choice but to force some of the hosts to do double duty. It's not like they have a "B team" of "anchors in the waiting."

--Anonymous
replies 246Oct 8, 2017 7:03 AM +00:00

Today, they have Alex Witt hosting her hours from "NBC News Tom Brokaw Broadcast Center" in Los Angeles.

Nice permanent tribute to Brokaw, and if they allow the veteran Witt to keep working from there, also good for her. She's a California girl from way back, right?

--Anonymous
replies 247Oct 8, 2017 7:06 AM +00:00

Actually, to R246's point, I'm surprised they're not grooming more field reporters like Kristen Welker, Hallie Jackson and Jacob Soboroff to fill in as substitute anchors. I'm not sure how the business works but would that not be considered a step up for them?

--Anonymous
replies 248Oct 8, 2017 7:09 AM +00:00

Velshi and Melber are doing an awful lot of subbing, yet Steve Kornacki seems to have disappeared. I haven't seen him in a while.

--Anonymous
replies 249Oct 8, 2017 7:09 AM +00:00

Joy is better at subbing for Lawrence and Chris than Rachel. But Rachel's show is just difficult to sub for because of the way it is structured. I love that Nicole Wallace show, she's very good. That should be on at 6 instead of Ari.

--Anonymous
replies 250Oct 8, 2017 7:31 AM +00:00

Plus, as I posted about above, they have the great Chris Jansing, who is "senior national correspondent" for NBC, doing a lot of fill in anchoring.

I can only assume that she doesn't have a regular MSNBC hour because she travels for reporting and doesn't want one anymore.

--Anonymous
replies 251Oct 8, 2017 7:40 AM +00:00

Ali Velshi and Stephanie Ruhle are by far the best hosts on MNSBC. They know their facts and can take apart Republican talking points in real-time. Joy can do it, too, but she's not as likable as Ali and Stephanie.

--Anonymous
replies 252Oct 8, 2017 7:46 AM +00:00

I like Velshi and Ruehl together and individually on their own shows. Both whip smart and they don't stand for any bullshit. I will never watch O'Donnell again without wondering what fuckery is going on between the commercial breaks. He acts like someone in the throes of early dementia. So different from his measured and calm nice guy persona on-air. He was under tremendous pressure during his contract renegotiation. The head of NBC news division wanted to give Williams his time-slot and bump him to 11. This might have had something to do with his foul humor but perhaps this is just how he treats his crew. Sad. I follow his producer on Twitter. Really smart guy. And out. I hate to think LO treats him like shit.

--Anonymous
replies 253Oct 8, 2017 8:59 AM +00:00

Joy Reid sweats like a cold glass of lemonade on a hot and humid August afternoon. Do they have to pat her down during each commercial break?

--Anonymous
replies 254Oct 8, 2017 9:22 AM +00:00

What happenes to Joy Reid's eyelashes? She looks half asleep these days, and it's disconcerting.

--Anonymous
replies 255Oct 8, 2017 9:29 AM +00:00

Ari's rap references are so retarded. Not cute. Really stretching them. Maybe he would be better suited for MTV News, or writing for Rolling Stone or one of the hip-hop magazines?

--Anonymous
replies 256Oct 8, 2017 10:59 PM +00:00

R173, does Thomas Roberts wear a toupee? His hairline starts so high up with so little hair under that cap.

--Anonymous
replies 257Oct 9, 2017 5:24 AM +00:00

At home today on a rainy state and fed holiday. I've enjoyed having MSNBC on in the background for hours, but this Craig Melvin hour, sorry to say, is a tune-out. He's goodlooking and has a nice voice, but explaining politics and interviewing others about politics may not be his strongest skill...

--Anonymous
replies 258Oct 9, 2017 8:07 AM +00:00

r257, only his husband knows for sure.

--Anonymous
replies 259Oct 9, 2017 11:58 AM +00:00

It looks like his real hairline peeking out from under the cap.

“You know it will be a fun flight to LAX when you find @katyturnbc onboard!! #Delta #LAX https://t.co/4pF7uNpkUj”
Twitter
--Anonymous
replies 260Oct 9, 2017 12:57 PM +00:00
Steve Kornacki seems to have disappeared.

Nah, he's on Brian WIlliams every now and then.

--Anonymous
replies 261Oct 9, 2017 7:49 PM +00:00

Lawrence O'Donnell does a pretty good show, but I could always see he was a psychopath. When the Boston Marathon Bomber story was hot, he chose to adopt a thick shitty South Boston accent to give himself street cred! It was insanity of course, because then he was STUCK with it, and had to wean himself off of it like Klonopin over a period of months!

When I heard he was a nasty jerk off-camera to the crew I wasn't surprised. He loves skewering Bill O'Reilly when of course they are just two huge Irish, self-important, pains in the ASS!

Jacob Soboroff is so dreamy I am jealous. He's a hot Jew Daddy!

--Anonymous
replies 262Oct 9, 2017 8:07 PM +00:00

Why is Rachel devoting valuable show resources to the Harvey Weinstein scandal?

--Anonymous
replies 263Oct 10, 2017 4:20 PM +00:00

Ronan Farrow just gave a big, loud middle finger to NBC News on MSNBC. Whoa, you don't see that every day.

--Anonymous
replies 264Oct 10, 2017 4:41 PM +00:00

R258 same here. I can't stay for Craig Melvin and Chuck Todd. Horrible interrogators

--Anonymous
replies 265Oct 10, 2017 4:51 PM +00:00

R250, I agree with you -- Nicole's show is great and should be at 6.

--Anonymous
replies 266Oct 10, 2017 6:14 PM +00:00

Jonathan Swan is gorgeous and always seems to be very happy (even giggly) to be on-camera. Guess I would be, too, if I looked like that.

--Anonymous
replies 267Oct 10, 2017 6:17 PM +00:00

Jonathan looks like he might have a nice, smooth anus

--Anne L Lingus, MD
replies 268Oct 11, 2017 7:24 AM +00:00

I used to like Lawrence O'Donnell but little things started putting me off - like the cringeworthy needy way he acts during the switchoever from Rachel's show, and I started noticing he'd mispronounce things you shouldn't if you really pay attention to the news and are intelligent (I can't remember any of them but one: he pronounced Sergei as sayer-jay) -- also he'd jump to stupid conclusions and sometimes be set right by guests - little things like that -- and I just lost respect for him. When you have a dvr and can record shows, there are too many to watch per day anyway, so I just dropped him. Nicole, two Chrisses, Rachel, Brian, and an occasional drop-in for Anderson -- it's more than enough.

--Anonymous
replies 269Oct 11, 2017 8:07 AM +00:00

New show! Premieres this Sunday at 7 PM on Sunday. Starring Kacie Hunt, "Kacie DC" (yes, that's really the name of the show) will explore political issues in-depth.

Maybe Kacie will feature her softball teammates (yes, she has confirmed that she's an avid softball player when she's not throwing hardballs at politicians).

👏⚾️🏆

--Anonymous
replies 270Oct 13, 2017 10:01 AM +00:00

I'm getting lezzie vibes from Kacie Hunt.

--Anonymous
replies 271Oct 13, 2017 12:53 PM +00:00

Yeah, I think Kacie plays for our team.

--Anonymous
replies 272Oct 13, 2017 2:17 PM +00:00

Katy Tur tweeted today that Trump was back to sniffing. Wonder if that's related to all the crazy shit he's been doing with Iran agreement, gutting Obamacare, leaving UNESCO or whatever, dissing Puerto Rico and turning around the next day and being nice to them... Roller coastering. Could that be related to coke?

--Anonymous
replies 273Oct 13, 2017 2:58 PM +00:00

The world under Dotard Orange has gotten so sickening, more than ever, over the last week, including his "disgust" with the First Amendment press freedoms...

Glad that we have people like Rachel, both Chris H and Chris M, Katy, Lawrence, Nicolle and even Joe and Mika and most of the regulars including the underrated Barnacle to check the bullshit on an hourly basis.

Nicolle Wallace, in particular, has been taking no prisoners for weeks as a panel host, and Rachel Maddow deserves all the acclaim, the two Emmys and ratings success coming her way this year.

--Anonymous
replies 274Oct 13, 2017 3:08 PM +00:00

Who will be watching the new show tonight? Since this is anonymous, I'll admit that I'm kind of excited.

Is Kacie the new Queen Lez of 30 Rock? Does Rachel have anything to fear??

pbs.twimg.com
--Anonymous
replies 275Oct 15, 2017 1:48 PM +00:00

Hasie Kunt has a definite bull dagger vibe, but she’s married to a man.

--Anonymous
replies 276Oct 15, 2017 1:50 PM +00:00

I'll watch next week. I turned to it momentarily only to catch Paul /Ryan saying something about "keeping promises" and flipped not another channel

I can't believe they named the show KasieDC. It occurred to me for the brief moment I watched that Kasie has the hair Calista Gingrich wants.

--Anonymous
replies 277Oct 15, 2017 2:48 PM +00:00

I expected her to pronounce it "Kacie Dee-SEE" but she pronounced it "Kacie DEE-See" like the rock band. So dumb.

--Anonymous
replies 278Oct 15, 2017 2:51 PM +00:00

She probably wants kids, and you still need a man to do that. Once she gets her 2.5 kids, divorce will happen and a new mommy will be introduced to the children.

--Anonymous
replies 279Oct 15, 2017 2:52 PM +00:00

r278, I heard some announcer say the name of the show and it sounded like "AC DC" to me too. I had a giggle thinking about that considering the lez/bi vibes Kasie gives off.

--Anonymous
replies 280Oct 16, 2017 4:19 AM +00:00

She seems really, really gay to me. I'd be interested to see her candid interactions with her husband. The body language does not lie.

--Anonymous
replies 281Oct 16, 2017 4:30 AM +00:00

Today show staffer caught and fired for leaking the Lawrence O'Donnell freak out video.

We’re now told that the leaker, whose name has not been released, had left a clear digital trail that allowed NBC honchos to track him down.
Page Six
--Anonymous
replies 282Oct 16, 2017 5:01 AM +00:00

Lawrence O'Donnell has just been perfectly explicating the nuances of Gen. John Kelly's long statement today about how presidents deal with families after military fatalities. It was NOT a big fat kiss to the fatboss. Among other things, Kelly implicitly acknowledged that the calls were hastily arranged after the botched press conference and that his boss had no idea what to say.

--Anonymous
replies 283Oct 19, 2017 5:24 PM +00:00

I saw that, R283. It was brilliant.

--Anonymous
replies 284Oct 19, 2017 5:48 PM +00:00

Hehehe Trump just tweeted angrily at after 10 pm, apparently watching O'Donnell about the gold star stuff.

--Anonymous
replies 285Oct 19, 2017 5:59 PM +00:00

Kevin Baron was just on Brian Williams, in black tie. What is the 411 on him? Damn, he's hot.

americansecuritytoday.com
--Anonymous
replies 286Oct 19, 2017 6:55 PM +00:00

WEHT to Steve Kornacki? I don't see him around anymore. I saw him trotted out on BriWil's show tonight but it's like he's disappeared!

--Anonymous
replies 287Oct 24, 2017 6:47 PM +00:00

How much are they reporting on Billo's 32 million dollar bribe? I would love to hear Rachel's spin on it.

--Anonymous
replies 288Oct 24, 2017 6:53 PM +00:00

Chris Hayes and Lawrence O'Donnell just played the video of a nearly-weepy Billo blaming God for his troubles bwahaha

--Anonymous
replies 289Oct 24, 2017 6:59 PM +00:00

R287 Miss Kornacki is still around during the day, he's actually shows as co-host of Nicolle Wallace's show on my Fios listings, although he's only there a few times a week.

--Anonymous
replies 290Oct 24, 2017 9:12 PM +00:00

Kornacki has his area of expertise (electoral stats) but he just doesn't have the "it" factor necessary to be watchable for any extended period.

--Anonymous
replies 291Oct 24, 2017 11:58 PM +00:00

Steve Kornacki is a right wing shill.

--Anonymous
replies 292Oct 25, 2017 5:15 AM +00:00

Marc Halperin, who is a fixture on Morning Joe, has been accused of sexual harassment during his time at ABC. He released a statement admitting to inappropriate behavior related to persuing a woman who was not interested and who let him know that his advances were not welcome and out of line. MSNBC is reporting the bare minimum on this story.

--Anonymous
replies 293Oct 26, 2017 6:37 AM +00:00

Steve is transitioning

--Anonymous
replies 294Oct 26, 2017 11:50 AM +00:00

This was a few days back. Larry O'Donnell demonstrates his Boston accent and his scathing humor tearing down Tucker Carlson's guest.

After Lawrence O'Donnell's commentary on fellow Boston native John Kelly, Tucker Carlson enlisted Boston's right-wing, Trump-supporting radio host Howie Carr...
YouTube
--Anonymous
replies 295Oct 26, 2017 11:59 AM +00:00

yeah r294, into a right wing deplorable.

--Anonymous
replies 296Oct 26, 2017 3:05 PM +00:00

R293, the Today show and Morning Joe both reported the Halperin story this morning, including the statements he gave to CNN and the fact that he has been suspended pending further inquiry (i.e., fired). No great loss, he's been a smug asshole for years, and always takes the "glass half full" position on the current administration, while trying not to cross Joe too hard.

I hope this doesn't tarnish his sometime partner John Heileman (sp?) also an MSNBC contributor.

--Anonymous
replies 297Oct 26, 2017 3:47 PM +00:00

Josh Barro is on the Chris Hayes show talking about sexual harassment. He’s credited as the Senior Business Editor at Business Insider.

Is that a step up or a step down from his gig at The NY Times? He looks good.

--Anonymous
replies 298Oct 27, 2017 3:57 PM +00:00

Robert Costa is an in-studio panelist on “Kacie DC”

She calls him “Bob”

He is not wearing a wedding band.

--Anonymous
replies 299Oct 29, 2017 2:40 PM +00:00

In another thread, people are complaining about/mocking David Muir for being attractive and asking why reporters today are so narcissistic

Almost this entire thread is populated by people who appear to focus primarily on the fuckability of their TV newspeople.

I think we’ve found our answer.

--Anonymous
replies 300Oct 29, 2017 2:46 PM +00:00

Well, I dissent, r300. If you want to talk about a network that puts women's looks over smarts almost always, it is Fox News.

MSNBC has some hot guys as anchors, but it also has Chris Matthews, L O'Donnell, and goofy looking Hayes. And Rachel Maddow, Andrea Mitchell and Joy Reid are excellent, most days, but not because they are conventionally hot.

As I write this, "senior" correspondent Chris Jansing is kicking ass, as always. Interviewing C McFadden, investigative reporter, also not a Fox News young blonde type, since the 1980s maybe.

--Anonymous
replies 301Oct 30, 2017 8:26 AM +00:00

Who was that raging cunt who was just on the Chris Matthews show? She just went on and on about the HIllary/Uranium lies and wouldn't let anybody (not even Chris if you can imagine that!) get a word in edgewise. She pissed me off so much I wanted to reach thru the screen and pull her hair right out of her head.

What a fucking deplorable bitch.

--Anonymous
replies 302Oct 30, 2017 3:06 PM +00:00

These “Lester Holt is a human being” commercials are really fucking annoying. It’s that plinky piano noir that makes me want to scream.

They run the ads so frequently that I’m starting to think that they are hiding something about Lester. Hm.

--Anonymous
replies 303Oct 30, 2017 4:44 PM +00:00

I quickly get sick of all the self-promotional spots.

--Anonymous
replies 304Oct 30, 2017 6:49 PM +00:00

The worst promotional spot was Greta Van Susturen who sat around in an empty pub as "one of the people,"

--Anonymous
replies 305Oct 31, 2017 5:43 AM +00:00

I miss Thomas Roberts. He has a great hole.

--Anonymous
replies 306Oct 31, 2017 5:45 AM +00:00

Rachel has been as good as ever, lately, but I think Lawrence O is actually better at taking breaking news and working with it in a progressive way to counter the shit coming off Fox and Sinclair stations.

He was on fire the last couple of nights.

--Anonymous
replies 307Nov 1, 2017 9:15 AM +00:00

R307, they make a great "one-two" punch in the conservative gut.

--Anonymous
replies 308Nov 1, 2017 1:41 PM +00:00

Urf, did anyone see Billy Eichner on Ari Melber’s Show? So embarrassing for both of them.

--Anonymous
replies 309Nov 3, 2017 1:54 PM +00:00

Noticed John Heilleman was back on MoJo yesterday, first time I've seen him since the Halperin story broke. No mention, appropriately

--Anonymous
replies 310Nov 4, 2017 7:43 AM +00:00

I was just going to bring up the Billy Eichner appearance on Ari Melber's show. Talk about a bromance! Boys, get a room.

--Anonymous
replies 311Nov 4, 2017 7:55 AM +00:00

Has anyone else noticed that the younger and prettier female anchors and correspondents on MSNBC and CNN have mostly stopped wearing low-cut tops and short skirts? And I say good for them!

--Anonymous
replies 312Nov 4, 2017 7:57 AM +00:00

Among the best of the younger MSNBC talent is the very sharp and witty Casie Hunt, who always looks great but has never resorted to the cleavage and leg displays still so common at Fox.

I like that her new Sunday evening interview show is called "Casie DC"

--Anonymous
replies 313Nov 4, 2017 8:08 AM +00:00

But “Casie DC” doesn’t make any sense.

--Anonymous
replies 314Nov 4, 2017 2:02 PM +00:00

By and large, the NBC women actually dress like professionals: Katy Tur, Hallie Jackson, Kristen Welker, Kate Snow wear (gasp!) blazers, which have apparently been banned among the Fox Newshookers.

--Anonymous
replies 315Nov 4, 2017 3:06 PM +00:00

It's Kacie DC with a "K"

--Kacie's girlfriend
replies 316Nov 4, 2017 3:52 PM +00:00

Still makes zero sense

--Anonymous
replies 317Nov 4, 2017 3:53 PM +00:00

Finally had a Steve K sighting for the first time in weeks. He was on Brian's show this past week. He looked sleepy.

--Anonymous
replies 318Nov 5, 2017 7:38 PM +00:00

I think Steve Kornacki would be of interest to no one on this board if he wan't known to be gay.....which I still find pleasantly surprising. It gives him a sort of unexpected mystique. Has he ever been photographed with a partner or bf or on a date with a guy?

--Anonymous
replies 319Nov 6, 2017 4:00 AM +00:00

Josh Barrow was on last week too.

--Anonymous
replies 320Nov 6, 2017 4:09 AM +00:00

Yes, Josh Barro I completely get. I wish he was on regularly or, better yet, had his own program.

--r319
replies 321Nov 6, 2017 4:11 AM +00:00

“The Empty Barro”

--Anonymous
replies 322Nov 6, 2017 4:18 AM +00:00

Our boy Ari M was trying to be a little too clever with his his jokes and metaphors on Morning Joe today, which caused Joe to frown and scowl...and we all know Mister Joe will NOT be upstaged.

--Anonymous
replies 323Nov 6, 2017 9:09 AM +00:00

“As Jay Z always says, “nerdy white boys are embarrassing when they quote gangsta rap lyrics on news programs.””

--Anonymous
replies 324Nov 6, 2017 9:14 AM +00:00

Eli Stokols is on Chris Matthews now! I don't know what it is about him but he is one of my faves. He looks like a more refined and smarter version of Gerard Butler.

--Anonymous
replies 325Nov 6, 2017 2:54 PM +00:00

Chris Matthews used to say “Tell me something I don’t know” but lately he has replaced that with “Give me a scoop.”

Why did he change it? Is the change permanent?

--Anonymous
replies 326Nov 8, 2017 2:53 PM +00:00

I LOVE Joy Reid but she is wearing the wackiest dress this morning, a combo of hospital gown and brown gingham cocktail dress. Wish I could provide a link.

And she desperately needs help with her hair and makeup. She used to look so great and it looks like she's just given up. Hair (or wig?) and makeup base the same color, no eyelashes, etc.

But I do LOVE her!

--Anonymous
replies 327Nov 11, 2017 6:59 AM +00:00

R327 - For a moment when I turned the show on, I thought Joy was clutching her arms to her chest - the pattern on the dress was so strange.

--Anonymous
replies 328Nov 11, 2017 7:23 AM +00:00

I kind of like former Rep. Repug David Jolly when he appears on The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell.

--Anonymous
replies 329Nov 11, 2017 7:44 AM +00:00

Steve Schmidt is not having his fellow Repigs' bullshit.

en.wikipedia.org
--Anonymous
replies 330Nov 11, 2017 7:46 AM +00:00
Joy Reid sweats like a cold glass of lemonade on a hot and humid August afternoon. Do they have to pat her down during each commercial break?

"Crack is whack."

--Whitney Houston
replies 331Nov 11, 2017 7:49 AM +00:00

MSNBC is saving a fortune on Rachel's wardrobe.

--Anonymous
replies 332Nov 11, 2017 7:53 AM +00:00

My favorite is Lawrence O'Donnell. He's so good. Love, love his show. Never miss it. No one takes down Trump like Lawrence.

One note: I could do with a little less of the love fest banter between shows when Rachel passes the baton to Lawrence.

--Anonymous
replies 333Nov 11, 2017 7:56 AM +00:00

I enjoy the self-aggrandizing Brian Williams...and his guest Shannon Pettypiece.

Brian has a good show. Didn't think I would like it, but I do. I like the one-two punch of Lawrence O'Donnell and Brian Williams. So glad Brian made it back from the dangerous helicopter missions on the front line.

--Anonymous
replies 334Nov 11, 2017 8:00 AM +00:00

I wish "Morning Joe" would invite Tina Brown back. Why isn't she on any longer? I think it's because MSNBC in the morning has gone total politics and Tina isn't hardcore enough.

I think Heidi Przybyla pushed Tina out.

--Anonymous
replies 335Nov 11, 2017 8:09 AM +00:00

It's Kasie DC with an "S"

--Anonymous
replies 336Nov 11, 2017 8:27 AM +00:00

Eli Stokols is married to a man?! nice

--Anonymous
replies 337Nov 11, 2017 8:44 AM +00:00

I wonder who ghost wrote Chris Matthews' book on Bobby Kennedy? If Matthews constantly compares the Trumps to the Romanovs -- he's NO historian!

--Anonymous
replies 338Nov 11, 2017 8:59 AM +00:00

This is Eli’s long term girlfriend, Elena. Shhh, don’t let his husband know!

s3-origin-images.politico.com
--Anonymous
replies 339Nov 11, 2017 8:59 AM +00:00

Garrett Haake has BDF!

media2.kshb.com
--Anonymous
replies 340Nov 11, 2017 9:04 AM +00:00

Mmmmmmm, Danny Cevellos

cdn.cnn.com
--Anonymous
replies 341Nov 11, 2017 9:06 AM +00:00

Bump

--Anonymous
replies 342Nov 11, 2017 9:21 AM +00:00

Hottie Ned Price made OUT100's year-end list. Love the pic they took of him looking all sexy in his suit. Lucky is the guy who gets to sleep with him every night.

Our annual celebration of the most influential LGBTQ people of the year. 
www.out.com
--Anonymous
replies 343Nov 11, 2017 10:05 AM +00:00

Joy posted pics of her weird look on the Gram

100 Likes, 6 Comments - Joy-Ann Reid (@joyannreid) on Instagram: “And that’s a wrap! Thanks for tuning in to #AMJoy today and thanks to our great guests! (And also…”
Instagram
--Anonymous
replies 344Nov 11, 2017 10:34 AM +00:00

Joy, more Joy esp because she simply cuts the obvious propagandists off. Done. Bub bye. I have been shocked at how much I love Nicolle Wallace and Jennifer Rubin from WaPo, have priorities: clearly in order :country, democracy, fair & JUST society above Party. Rubin pens sometimes authors 2 OpEds a day in WaPo excoriating Trump & the GOP. I like ODonnell, Katy Turr.

Any show with Joan Walsh for her feminist perspective and Malcom Nance for his intrigue and spot ON take downs, Julia Iosoff is the best Russia expert on television.

I also cannot stomach Maddow’s drama- still some of her reporting is downright brilliant - it is obvious she has the best staff, and the press favors releasing info during her very popular hour.

I have a 2 generation family loyalty to watching Chris Matthews - though he is a HORRIBLE interrupter, I hope his guests are paid better than scale - he is incredibly rude to them - but his heart and LOVE of politics is fantastic. Matthews takedown of a berner in ‘16 was an instant classic - brilliant. The twit was trashing the Dems & CM says - “uhh well I dont know, I have always thought Dems were pretty powerful and did remarkable things for Americans. You know: Roosevelt creating WPA programs, Social Security, affordable federally insured 30yr mortgages, Civil rights voting act, Medicare, Social Security, ACA, “ the list went on. The Bernie stooge gulped and that was the end of the conversation.

Yeah, hate him but LOVE Matthews. Really is a Dem in his soul., as is Joy, Hayes, L ODonnell. Maddow will never tip her hand, but she will help Bring the Grifter down. That is what is important.

--Anonymous
replies 345Nov 11, 2017 4:58 PM +00:00

R 345 here. How could I forget Steve Schmidt? Fantastic. I like to imagine his convos with Nicole Wallace during the catastrophe that was Sarah Palin - no wonder they are BRUTAL. I am a lifelong Dem, 4th generation. But I have sympathy for those two and Rubin. Steele continually blows his good works by trashing a Clinton or Dems. the other 3 certainly were rooting for Hillary well beyond what any of us can imagine.

--Anonymous
replies 346Nov 11, 2017 5:05 PM +00:00

Where has scrumptious Jonathan Swann gone??

Or is he on CNN?

--Anonymous
replies 347Nov 11, 2017 6:39 PM +00:00

Eli made his IG private. You bitches are to blame.

--Anonymous
replies 348Nov 11, 2017 6:45 PM +00:00

Just as info: DL fave Jacob Soboroff hosting the hour that started on MSNBC. With the great Jansing reporting live from Manila.

--Anonymous
replies 349Nov 12, 2017 9:05 AM +00:00

Real estate investor Daddy bought his son, Jacob Soboroff, his new nose and his national career.

--Anonymous
replies 350Nov 12, 2017 9:10 AM +00:00

Cutie reporter Jacob Rascon left MSNBC and is now working for a Houston channel.

He'll join his father on air in Houston, though at a different station.
www.adweek.com
--Anonymous
replies 351Nov 12, 2017 9:15 AM +00:00

Isn't it kind of going backwards to leave a major network to go to work for some local channel? I know lots of people have done it but I always thought the goal was to start off with a local channel and then move on to the "big leagues" (i.e., a major network like NBC, CBS, ABC, etc.).

--Anonymous
replies 352Nov 12, 2017 2:16 PM +00:00

I still love BriWi. The visuals, anyway.

pbs.twimg.com
--Anonymous
replies 353Nov 12, 2017 2:20 PM +00:00

Depend$ on the rea$on for accepting a job offer

--Anonymous
replies 354Nov 12, 2017 2:35 PM +00:00

I am off work today. Somehow MSNBC Live ended up on my television. I am an independent voter; however, I am pretty solidly liberal—I just prefer to vote according to beliefs and information I have instead of according to blue or red. I vote blue 95 percent of the time.

This MSNBC show and its host are pure us-versus-them propaganda. This is not a news program in any way; it is an even more histrionic left-wing version of what is found on Fox News. The pundits are taking turns saying shit about Trump, some of it juvenile, and the host, Stephanie Ruhle, is displaying zero qualities of a journalist. She laughs every time someone mocks Trump, eggs them on, Amens! them when they stray from legit news to take jabs at Trump and generally is ignoring legitimate news in favor of bullshit—just like Fox does. It’s sickening to me. I detest Trump. I believe he is the greatest existential danger our country has ever seen. That doesn’t justify news organizations and journalists behaving like him. It’s not even about “going high” when he goes low; it’s about journalistic ethics and decency. I am really disappointed in the state of journalism today. I realize MSNBC viewers eat this up as much as Fox viewers eat up Hannity, but if Trump calls this “fake news,” I have to agree with him and that makes me sick.

--Anonymous
replies 355Nov 13, 2017 4:23 AM +00:00

R355 hits the nail on the head.

--Anonymous
replies 356Nov 13, 2017 4:38 AM +00:00

sounds like a couple of fox viewers got on here by mistake. how can any sane person NOT joke about the dumpster fire?

--Anonymous
replies 357Nov 13, 2017 4:41 AM +00:00

If you think that someone mocking Trump is “fake news” then you don’t understand what “fake news” is.

--Anonymous
replies 358Nov 13, 2017 4:49 AM +00:00

R358 Mockery is not a component of journalism. Mocking Trump is easy. We all do it. It is not the job of news organizations, except in cases of cultural commentators who should do so go underscore an important message. Name calling and smug, assholish snark from the networks Trump calls fake news is perhaps the most likely way to get Trump re-elected.

--Anonymous
replies 359Nov 13, 2017 5:15 AM +00:00

I didn’t say that mocking Trump is appropriate for a news organization. I said that it is not “fake news.”

You have severe reading comprehension issues. Stick to Fox News.

--Anonymous
replies 360Nov 13, 2017 5:37 AM +00:00

R360 And there we go with the name calling. Fox and MSNBC are two sides of the same coin, and their childish, name-calling viewers tend to be, as well. If you think Trump is pathetic for calling Kim Jong Un fat and short, then perhaps consider how similar in tone and intent your words are. The country would benefit from more individua and collective introspection and less you’re-the-enemy! partisan parroting.

--Anonymous
replies 361Nov 13, 2017 5:55 AM +00:00

r361, you seem to miss the point the fox news LIES ALL THE TIME. do some fact checking. MSNBC deals in fact based trump shaming.

--Anonymous
replies 362Nov 13, 2017 6:48 AM +00:00

R362 Heard of “whataboutism”?

“MSNBC may be a propganda machine, but WHAT ABOUT Fox’s lies?!?”

--Anonymous
replies 363Nov 13, 2017 7:01 AM +00:00
Where has scrumptious Jonathan Swann gone??

He's all suave and yummy. Until he starts to laugh..

--Anonymous
replies 364Nov 13, 2017 8:07 AM +00:00

r363 we all know about the fox lies. give us some examples of MS propaganda.....

--Anonymous
replies 365Nov 13, 2017 8:23 AM +00:00

R365 It’s not the lies; it’s the focus and the attitude with which information is delivered, positioned and discussed. I am super liberal, but you or someone else here already has told me to “stick to Fox News” simply because I dislike the strong bias and the editorialization of news on MSNBC. And therein lies the propagandizing: Everything—absolutely everything, even child sexual abuse—has become us-versus-them political rhetoric. A man who has been accused of raping 14 year old children should be investigated and held accoutable; what matters most is the safety of kids. It shouldn’t be presented with grins and chuckling and condemnation of half the country’s morality. That’s not journalism; it’s political strategizing and spin. That should take place in campaign offices and not in front of cameras. Everytime an act of mass violence is carried out, it immediately becomes a point of obsessive, gorey entertainment on cable news. It’s about revealing every gruesome detail of every murder, with title cards and theme music that are used for days or weeks. They are branded. MSNBC and CNN are as complicit in this as Fox News is. It’s exploitative. This is what bothers me. Nothing is about actual information delivery for the sake of public interest and public welfare; it’s for ratings, and it’s mostly produced to galvinize already set opinions with fear and rage.

You disagree with me. I get it. The majority of American people who have any awareness at all of current events or politics follow orders and fee exactly how they are told to feel on television. They are duely imprinted. Even asking questions, I have learned, gets a person deemed a communist/witch/Fox News or CNN adherent, depending on what side you’re talking to.

Yes, I know you disagree because whatabout Fox. I know.

--Anonymous
replies 366Nov 13, 2017 8:49 AM +00:00

I would like to sniff and lick David Jolly for 3 hours and 17 minutes. I think he is a hot Daddy.

--Anonymous
replies 367Nov 13, 2017 10:07 AM +00:00

I have a solution to our country’s growing idiocy epidemic. Put porn on network or basic cable television so that current cable news hosts will have jobs and so that viewers can see them naked, which is how they imagine these “journalists” who are cast for their model looks anyway. Then cancel all television news except 30 minute national nightly news broadcasts. Force people to read newspapers. If people stop watching porn stars argue lame talking points thinking they are becoming “informed” and go back to reading print journalists who are paid for investigative reporting and not for their tans, boobs or muscles, and big white teeth, America may become great again one day.

queerty-prodweb.s3.amazonaws.com
--Anonymous
replies 368Nov 13, 2017 10:19 AM +00:00

R366 why don't you watch PBS, BBC, Sky News, France 24 (the latter two are on the Internet and they're free)?

Or, here's an idea, subscribe to and read The Economist, World Politics Review, NYT, Wapo, The Atlantic, The New Yorker....

You don't have to sit there with your head in front of Fox News OR MSNBC - you did know that, didn't you?

Fox flat out lies. MSNBC doesn't lie though it's got a liberal bent because there's a hole in the market that needed to be filled - and lately MSNBC has been leading the pack, ratings wise. So some people like that. If you don't - try something else.

--Anonymous
replies 369Nov 13, 2017 11:26 AM +00:00

R369 I don’t watch MSNBC or (ugh) Fox or (agh) CNN. I read The Atlantic, The Guardian, NYT, AP and other written outlets. I do occasionally watch BBC America and PBS Newhour; they are better. My problem is that American people—and especially here in DC—equate “being informed” or even “being smart” with knowing what’s on CNN and MSNBC. CNN is ubiquitous, on televisions in every restaurant, etc., and even in the lobby of my office, and most of the “breaking news” is bullshit. It’s gossip and fearmongering. Fox News is similarly ubiquitous elsewhere in the country. Neither, nor MSNBC, is making anyone smarter. They’re making people angrier and more clannish, which I believe makes people more volatile and more likely to snap at one another. We don’t need that in this country. We need people to realize that the US is one country and we are all in this together, make it or break it. Do you hear anyone in the media sending out that message?

--Anonymous
replies 370Nov 13, 2017 11:35 AM +00:00

I am so sick of the false equivalency trolling saying "MSNBC is just the same as Fox News."

It is just not true, and hasn't ever been true. If anything, MSNBC bends over backwards to be "objective" and protect the NBC News brand, and could go even harder against establishment and republican views, especially before 7 pm when the real opinionated hosts, always fact-based, take the stage.

--Anonymous
replies 371Nov 13, 2017 11:36 AM +00:00

And R369 a lot of people like Trump and a lot of people in Russia like Putin. Popularity has nothing to do with quality, value or ethics. Breaking news.

--Anonymous
replies 372Nov 13, 2017 11:36 AM +00:00

Liberal Americans are furious and disgusted and we need MSNBC and CNN to keep us sane. I can't imagine living through Trump and his mouthpieces Huckabee Sanders, Kellyanne, and so many others for what is laughingly called The Presidency without those two networks.

--Anonymous
replies 373Nov 13, 2017 12:38 PM +00:00

So true, R373.

--Anonymous
replies 374Nov 13, 2017 2:21 PM +00:00

It really is a false equivalence to say MSNBC is just like Fox, as our aghast friend above has suggested. I'm sorry, but MSNBC has made me smarter, or at least better informed. They DO NOT LIE. They have a liberal angle, but they report facts. And I have learned a lot about current politics and history from watching their shows.

Yes, Stephanie isn't the most polished or professional or non-partisan. But have you seen any of the other two dozen+ people we've discussed in this thread?

I watch MSNBC every single day (for several hours, if possible), and it has been quite misrepresented by R366. It's leagues above CNN, for instance. I can't watch CNN—its as shitty as everyone says. Half of their panel discussion shows are like episodes of Jerry Springer.

--Anonymous
replies 375Nov 14, 2017 7:50 PM +00:00

I miss Thomas Roberts and his luscious taint.

--Anonymous
replies 376Nov 14, 2017 7:57 PM +00:00

Joy Reid! Listen — love you gurl, you're a genius. But we all need eyelashes!

--Anonymous
replies 377Nov 14, 2017 8:05 PM +00:00

Ned Price is taken, ladies.

Ned Price Photos - Reporter Ned Price and guest attend OUT Magazine #OUT100 Event presented by Lexus at the the Altman Building on November 9, 2017 in New York City. - OUT Magazine #OUT100 Event Presented by Lexus
Zimbio
--Anonymous
replies 378Nov 14, 2017 8:06 PM +00:00

I actually never get gay vibes from Ned Price and wouldn't have guessed he was gay.

--Anonymous
replies 379Nov 14, 2017 8:09 PM +00:00

Jeremy Peters is also in the Out 100 list, looking cute.

Our annual celebration of the most influential LGBTQ people of the year. 
www.out.com
--Anonymous
replies 380Nov 14, 2017 8:22 PM +00:00

The attorney for disgraced, thrown off the state Supreme Court bench *twice*, lying perv Moore who cruised the courthouse and mall for teen girls... suggests that Ali Velshi's background might help him understand why there's room for uncertainty or whatever.

Ms Stephanie Ruhle was not having that, to say the least.

"Ali's from Canada, sir. So I ask you again..."

The attorney, Trenton Garmon, suggested Ali Velshi's "background" would help Velshi understand why Moore would date teenage girls.
Business Insider
--Anonymous
replies 381Nov 15, 2017 10:28 AM +00:00

Even Moore's lawyer is a bigoted Deplorable.

Fuckin' Alabama

--Anonymous
replies 382Nov 15, 2017 2:43 PM +00:00

R381, Ali Velshi is one of those darn Canadians...we all know they’re always diddling the kiddies there. Bunch of dengenerates. He should be ashamed to admit it!

--Alabamans, with no sense of irony.
replies 383Nov 15, 2017 3:18 PM +00:00

But Ali Velshi is also a Muslim, so I'm sure most DataLoungers have no problem attacking him.

--Anonymous
replies 384Nov 15, 2017 4:04 PM +00:00

Jeremy Peters' plosives are intense!

--Phonetics Troll
replies 385Nov 15, 2017 6:13 PM +00:00

I want Jeremy to plode all over my face.

--Anonymous
replies 386Nov 15, 2017 6:27 PM +00:00

I would happily get spit-roasted by Jeremy Peters and Ned Price. I'm thinking Jeremy plowing me while I tongue Ned'a reporter-hole.....

--Ann E. Lingus
replies 387Nov 15, 2017 6:40 PM +00:00

Ned Price has BDF.

--Anonymous
replies 388Nov 15, 2017 7:08 PM +00:00

Stocking stuffer alert!

As vocal critics of Donald Trump, we’re normally pretty happy to see celebrities throw their creativity and clout behind projects mocking our current president, whether in the form of jokes, music, or episodes of TV. But just in case we needed a reminder that every rule has its limits, Business Insider piped up today to announce that Morning Joe star—and hard-rocking, soulful guitarist—Joe Scarborough will be sticking it to the president in his own very distinctive style this week, with the release of his Christmas-themed rock EP, A Very Drumpf Christmas.
The A.V. Club
--Anonymous
replies 389Nov 16, 2017 11:37 AM +00:00

Just now: handsome Joshua Johnson (NPR morning talk show host whose voice I have been crushing on for months) as a panelist on MTP Daily, guest hosted by the great reporter Peter Alexander on a Friday afternoon...

I want to see more of Josh. He must be among a small group of openly gay men of color in the national media. Keep him on retainer, MSNBC.

--Anonymous
replies 390Nov 17, 2017 12:33 PM +00:00

I feel sorry for gay sweetie, Vaughn Hillyard, who MSNBC has parked down in Alabama covering the Roy Moore scandal. He looks frightened to be down there.

--Anonymous
replies 391Nov 17, 2017 1:02 PM +00:00

Vaughn looks like he's 12. Is he really gay?

--Anonymous
replies 392Nov 17, 2017 1:35 PM +00:00

Yesterday, the MSNBC daytime duo had Mat Staver on defending his friend, Roy Moore. Mat is the attorney for the anti-gay Liberty Council that defends and promotes Kim Davis.

It was disgusting watching MSNBC having Staver being interviewed.

--Anonymous
replies 393Nov 17, 2017 1:47 PM +00:00

CNN's Anderson Cooper may not miss Kathy Griffin, but expect he really misses Jeffery Lord.

--Anonymous
replies 394Nov 17, 2017 1:59 PM +00:00

Openly gay men on MSNBC: Thomas Roberts, Josh Barro, Ned Price, Jeremy Peters, Jonathan Capehart and Steve Kornacki. Did I miss anyone?

(I was going to list Richard Lui, who I thought was openly gay but couldn't find any confirmation of it, so left him out.)

--Anonymous
replies 395Nov 17, 2017 4:11 PM +00:00

I'd sacrifice my first born child (if I had one) to Cthulhu for a shirtless photo of Chris Hayes.

--Anonymous
replies 396Nov 17, 2017 5:01 PM +00:00

Oy, that gay sounding chubby commentator with the lateral "s" drives me batty!

If you're going to be on tv, GET A SPEECH THERAPIST!

--Anonymous
replies 397Nov 17, 2017 5:36 PM +00:00

Sadly, MSNBC has just cut ties with beauteous Thomas Roberts. He will be replaced by Bloomberg's David Gura.

--Anonymous
replies 398Nov 18, 2017 11:27 AM +00:00

I was wondering where Roberts had disappeared to. I watched him several weeks ago and it was kind of painful. I can't recall the occasion, but he was very slow on his feet. He kept having trouble formulating his questions or seguing from one interviewee to another. There were so many pauses, "Ums," and hesitancy during his segment that it became painful to watch him. He eventually got to a point, but he floundered getting there.

--Anonymous
replies 399Nov 18, 2017 12:03 PM +00:00
Openly gay men on MSNBC: Thomas Roberts, Josh Barro, Ned Price, Jeremy Peters, Jonathan Capehart and Steve Kornacki. Did I miss anyone?

Matthew Miller, the cute but Dracula-like DOJ/security analyst

vianovo.com
--Anonymous
replies 400Nov 18, 2017 1:16 PM +00:00

I quite like David Jolly too. Total DILF.

3o15h033zmpwracwx2i00rqx.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com
--Anonymous
replies 401Nov 18, 2017 1:18 PM +00:00

No, Matthew Miller is straight, R400.

A wedding in an art museum for a law student and the spokesman for the United States attorney general.
www.nytimes.com
--Anonymous
replies 402Nov 18, 2017 1:18 PM +00:00

Whoops—I must have had him mixed up with someone else. He pings, though.

--Anonymous
replies 403Nov 18, 2017 1:22 PM +00:00

I got fucked by a well-hung CBC anchorman.

--Anonymous
replies 404Nov 18, 2017 1:25 PM +00:00

Ditzy Mika is on a warpath against Bill Clinton's sexual transgressions like it's 1998.

She's angry at the Dems for not denouncing Bill because it was hard for her to sever ties with "a friend of this show" (read: Mark Halperin) but she did it.

--Anonymous
replies 405Nov 20, 2017 7:16 AM +00:00

some one should point out to Mika that we DID adjudicate Clinton. 20 something years ago, he was IMPEACHED by the House. (led by Hastert and Gringrich no less) and found beloved by most of the American population. that was then. lets look at the NOW.

--Anonymous
replies 406Nov 20, 2017 9:53 AM +00:00

I am liking Craig Melvin with the beard.

--Anonymous
replies 407Nov 20, 2017 9:54 AM +00:00

Matthew Miller has a serious case of the gays

--Anonymous
replies 408Nov 20, 2017 9:55 AM +00:00

R406, Clinton was impeached for lying under oath & obstruction of justice in relation to the civil lawsuit brought by Paula Jones. But it's interesting to recall that some Dems, including Diane Feinstein, called for his resignation in January 1998 when the allegations first arose. It was these calls that led him to publicly deny having sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.

--Anonymous
replies 409Nov 20, 2017 11:05 AM +00:00

Yeah, R409, but there was a political scandal at the time. I'm not sure what Mika wants the Dems to do now about Bill. Rend their clothes and denounce him three times?

--Anonymous
replies 410Nov 20, 2017 11:59 AM +00:00
“Happy Thanksgiving! ????????????”
Twitter
--Anonymous
replies 411Nov 23, 2017 10:05 AM +00:00

Philip Rucker seems gayer than Gay Gayerson but is he an out-and-proud gay?

--Anonymous
replies 412Nov 27, 2017 3:45 PM +00:00

Here’s Philip

www-tc.pbs.org
--Anonymous
replies 413Nov 27, 2017 3:47 PM +00:00

BriWi may be a BriLiar but I want him to take out his double digit dong and slap my face with it repeatedly.

1835441770.rsc.cdn77.org
--Anonymous
replies 414Nov 27, 2017 4:26 PM +00:00

This just happened with absolutely no warning:

@geoffgagnon After 187 episodes—and half a billion views—the indomitable @KeithOlbermann is signing off #TheResistanceGQ & retiring from political commentary. I couldn't be more thankful for Keith's talent, his intelligence, and his friendship

WTF? Fired? Blackmailed? A horde of harrassed women about to come out? He says he’s retiring from all political commentary. On his Twitter account it looks like he didn’t know that a few hours ago.

--Anonymous
replies 415Nov 27, 2017 5:02 PM +00:00

r415, I wish I could say I'm surprised, but honestly I'm not.

Olbermann has a history of doing things like this.

Oh well, he was great while he lasted.

--Anonymous
replies 416Nov 27, 2017 6:01 PM +00:00

R416, normally I’d agree with you, but it sounds like a ransom note. Fired, sure, but, he’s never working in politics again? And then Trump Jr immediately tweeted “#winning” afterwards.

Then I just read on Seth Abramson’s twitter that some known Russian spy guy that he outed I is now following Seth’s followers that tweeted comments about him. Over 50 of them.

KO’s comments sounded like he was being forced to say them. Non disclosure agreement? Who has the leverage to not only get him fired, but to make him swear he’s out of politics permanently? That’s overkill.

Someone also mentioned that KO mentioned a big story about sexual harrassment would be coming soon, a few days ago and it never did come out.

Read Seth Abramson, he has a twitter thread about Trump connected by a photograph to some Russian operatives. One is friends with a guy who owns a big Russian whorehouse and this was back in Trump’s “hookers pissing on the bed” days.

--Anonymous
replies 417Nov 27, 2017 6:44 PM +00:00

I’m having a really hard time posting, but @SethAbramson posted this.

Schiller testified under oath that a man in this room (but not Emin) offered to purchase prostitutes for Trump for the night this photo was taken (11/9/13). The only person who fits the description Schiller gave is this man, Artem Klyushin—whose pal runs Moscow's largest brothel.

pbs.twimg.com
--Anonymous
replies 418Nov 27, 2017 6:53 PM +00:00

The Olbermann thing doesn't read to me quite the take some posters above had on it.

It was only supposed to be a short term thing, that I remember from when it launched. It's a bit odd he claims he's retiring, though.

After 187 episodes—and nearly half a billion views—Keith Olbermann signs off.
GQ
--Anonymous
replies 419Nov 28, 2017 1:22 PM +00:00

Ha ha, one of the pundits on the Ali Melber show just quoted Kanye West. It was obvious that she did it to make fun of Ari’s dumb rap references.

--Anonymous
replies 420Nov 28, 2017 2:07 PM +00:00

Anyone else find the Rachel/Lawrence banter forced and cringeworthy? It seems like Lawrence is trying to kiss Rachel's ass.

--Anonymous
replies 421Nov 28, 2017 2:29 PM +00:00

They do the banter in hopes that Rachel’s audience won’t change the channel and will instead get sucked into LO’s Show. Yes, the banter is awful.

Last week, LO came right out and said, “I’m thankful to have a show in a time slot that can ride the coat tails of Rachel’s huge success.”

I always click away after the banter ends.

--Anonymous
replies 422Nov 28, 2017 2:57 PM +00:00

Nicolle Wallace has been batting it out of the park lately. It's so interesting to see the vestiges of the decent GOP on MSNBC. Wallace, Steve Schmidt, John Poderhetz, Bill Kristol, Rick Wilson and many I'm forgetting redefining their own party. Last week Wallace described herself as a "non-practicing" Republican. She and Schmidt both provided Amicus briefs when Prop. 8 came before the Supreme Court. They are like a throwback to the GOP pre-Reagan. I think they're finally understanding how the radical right infiltrated and decimated a political party that was previously sane. I hope these folks have a foothold to create a new GOP that can govern collectively with Democrats. For fucks sake, even John Boehner knew this and left out of disgust.

--Anonymous
replies 423Nov 28, 2017 2:57 PM +00:00

Turns out KO had the goods. Lauer has been fired due to inappropriate behavior. Honda and Whatshername are verklempt.

--Anonymous
replies 424Nov 29, 2017 3:52 AM +00:00

Trump has been reading Datalounge and, yes, he went there: What About Joe's Dead Intern?

I can't wait to see tomorrow's MORNING JOKE!

--Anonymous
replies 425Nov 29, 2017 5:04 AM +00:00

Nicole Wallace is the reason why we know who Sarah Palin is.

Do not trust Nicole Wallace.

--Anonymous
replies 426Nov 29, 2017 9:58 AM +00:00

Nicole's show is not only anti-Trump but also quite lively. We can worry about not trusting her after Cheeto is brought down.

--Anonymous
replies 427Nov 29, 2017 10:22 AM +00:00

R426, I thought Nicole and Steve Schmidt were against Palin as VP but it was McCain's ultimate decision.

--Anonymous
replies 428Nov 29, 2017 11:31 AM +00:00

ELI STOKOLS

--That. Is. All.
replies 429Nov 29, 2017 11:36 AM +00:00

That's my understanding too R428. She said she didn't vote in that election because of Palin

--Anonymous
replies 430Nov 29, 2017 12:01 PM +00:00

Schmidt and Wallace were originally duped by Palin, as was McCain. They weren't focused on the actual person, but bought the image of a seemingly bright, attractive successful governor as their first woman VP. Both soon realized what a disaster she was, but it was too late to do anything about it. Proof that even smart people can make serious errors of judgement.

Schmidt is one of the best pundits on TV, I find myself in violent agreement with him more often than not. That guy has a gift for succinct analysis and is unashamed to advance American patriotic ideals. He should be somebody's Chief of Staff some day.

--Anonymous
replies 431Nov 30, 2017 2:43 AM +00:00

Here's one of my favorite scenes from "Game Change" showing Schmidt in action. I believe this probably took place pretty as shown.

Steve Schmidt (Woody Harrelson) puts Sarah Palin in her place
YouTube
--Anonymous
replies 432Nov 30, 2017 2:46 AM +00:00

Did anyone catch Stephanie Gosk with Rachel Maddow last night? What a weird report. I'm guessing Rachel had her on for some good insight, but instead Stephanie mostly talked about her burdens in having to report on the NBC family and even told Rachel she would not quote NBC "sources" (other NBC staff who volunteered info about Lauer to her). Stephanie would only "report" what NBC legal and HR said to her what and other outlets had already revealed. WTF? What a waste!

--Anonymous
replies 433Nov 30, 2017 7:12 AM +00:00

Yeah that Gosk segment was weird. Fortunately there’s not much for her to investigate or report: “Matt Lauer is a pig. We have the receipts and he’s admitted to it. He’s gone for good. The end.”

Hopefully Rachel will stick with Trump Russia revelations.

--Anonymous
replies 434Nov 30, 2017 8:11 AM +00:00

Who are the dude’s in OP’s pic? I’ve never seen them on msnbc and I have that channel on 24/7!

--Anonymous
replies 435Nov 30, 2017 8:13 AM +00:00

R433, I saw the Maddow/Gosk segment and wondered if Rachel made a mental note to herself not to bring back Gosk again. She brought nothing new to the discussion and focused primarily on herself. It really was bewildering and a waste.

I do prefer it when Rachel sticks with exposing the Trump administration's constant lies. But I saw the Guthrie/Kotb segment announcing Lauer's firing and just about hurled from their deceipt. They actually held hands, like you do when an unexpected, sudden death happens to a family member. Yeah, right.

No way they were shocked and surprised, no way they didn't know Lauer's reputation. No way in hell, and Rachel said herself that her team would be investigating the House of NBC. I'm so sick and tired of being lied to that I welcome it. Just keep it brief and to the point because there's far more bigger fish to fry.

--I'm a Nobody and even I knew. Enough with the self-indulgence.
replies 436Nov 30, 2017 8:57 AM +00:00

Did you expect Savannah Guthrie, on the most profitable TV show on the air today, to say, “Yep, we knew Matt was a rapist but didn’t say anything about it”?

Because she would never, ever say that. Everyone, everywhere would be smart enough to do what she did: play dumb to cover your ass.

--Anonymous
replies 437Nov 30, 2017 9:38 AM +00:00

This makes NBC's rejection of Ronan Farrow's initial piece about Weinstien all the more interesting. Variety's story went back about two months coinciding with the time Farrow's story got published in the New Yorker. NBC gets a complaint on Monday about Lauer's predatory behavior, MONDAY, and summarily fires him. Ah, man. The brass are shitting themselves.

I watched Katy Tur yesterday on Nicolle Wallace's show. She was trying to be restrained, but was quite emotional. Supposedly, Lauer's relationships were "consensual," but the great power differential casts that into doubt. Of course, we all know that the 30+ years older Keith Olbermann had a a live-in relationship with Tur when he was prominent at MSNBC and she was a very young reporter. Watching her commentary was very, very weird. How conflicted could she feel as she was going on about Lauer's over-extension of his powers?

--Anonymous
replies 438Nov 30, 2017 9:54 AM +00:00

Dang, r432. I've only seen bits and pieces of Game Change but I'm definitely watching the whole thing this weekend.

--Anonymous
replies 439Nov 30, 2017 9:58 AM +00:00

Did anyone else notice that MSNBC, (who broadcasts EVERY SINGLE THING TRUMP EVER TWEETS, EVER!!!!!), did not read or show, the tweet that ended with “check out Andy Lask’s past!”?

Personally I believe Lask is EVERYTHING that’s wrong with NBC/ MSNBC. I can never understand how Andrew Lask keeps his job!?

MSNBC is doing really well, but I think it’s in spite of Lask’s leadership & decisions.

The internet is the end of civilization.

Hoard canned goods.

--The End Of Civilization Troll
replies 440Nov 30, 2017 10:34 AM +00:00

R435, one of them is Thomas Roberts, but he no longer works at MSNBC. His show was canceled almost a year ago, but he was on weekends on MSNBC for a while, but they gave his weekend anchor slot to someone else recently.

--Anonymous
replies 441Nov 30, 2017 11:09 AM +00:00
Personally I believe Lask is EVERYTHING that’s wrong with NBC/ MSNBC. I can never understand how Andrew Lask keeps his job!?

It's LACK. Andrew Lack.

--Anonymous
replies 442Nov 30, 2017 12:56 PM +00:00

Another Joy Reid fashion head scratcher today

www.rawstory.com
--Anonymous
replies 443Dec 2, 2017 1:14 PM +00:00

Wow, that pattern must have caused havoc with older scanning TV sets. I'll be it was moire-ing out the wazoo.

--Anonymous
replies 444Dec 3, 2017 6:31 AM +00:00

Thankfully Joy isn’t pressured or required to pull her tits out like the gals on Fox News. If she wants to wear a Snuggie on air, who cares as long as she’s comfortable?

--Anonymous
replies 445Dec 3, 2017 8:45 AM +00:00

Sam Seder fired!

--Anonymous
replies 446Dec 4, 2017 3:03 PM +00:00

Link

In a year that has already seen it come under fire for passing on Ronan Farrow’s domino-tumbling expose of Harvey Weinstein, as well as for letting Matt Lauer run rampant across decades of pay raises, NBC is at last taking a principled stand against media figures who propagate sexual assault—and naturally, completely bungling that as well. As The Wrap reports, MSNBC has just cut ties with contributor Sam Seder over a tweet he wrote in 2009, a joke that sarcastically mocked Hollywood’s continued defense of director Roman Polanski on artistic grounds. “Don’t care re Polanski, but I hope if my daughter is ever raped it is by an older truly talented man w/a great sense of mise en scene,” that tweet read, a response written to the petition urging Polanski’s release from a brief arrest in Switzerland, largely because he is “one of the greatest contemporary filmmakers.” Because of this eight-year-old dig at the film industry’s morals—and the fact that “internally there was disgust over the tweet,” as a source tells The Wrap—Seder’s contract with the network will not be renewed.
The A.V. Club
--Anonymous
replies 447Dec 4, 2017 3:03 PM +00:00

Chris Hayes criticizes MSNBC's decision to fire Sam Seder:

Also, I reiterate my longstanding position that people shouldn't be fired for a tweet, *particularly* one that is obviously being read in manifestly bad faith.
“Also, I reiterate my longstanding position that people shouldn't be fired for a tweet, *particularly* one that is obviously being read in manifestly bad faith.”
Twitter
--Anonymous
replies 448Dec 4, 2017 6:21 PM +00:00

Ari M has expanded the scope of song lyrics that he references on his show. He’s no longer only quoting Hip Hop heroes since he just referenced lyrics of a Miley Cyrus song.

--Anonymous
replies 449Dec 5, 2017 1:50 PM +00:00

Ari M. is like a modern version of the aging hippies who ran around in grey ponytails talking about "grass" 30 years after Woodstock -- like Willie Nelson, but without the excuse of being a celebrity. He must do it because he thinks it helps him relate to Young People & keep them watching The News, but it comes off as pandering & just makes him seem like a fool.

--Anonymous
replies 450Dec 5, 2017 3:14 PM +00:00

Of course, Ari doesn’t pull his “aren’t I adorable??” act out for show guests who matter. It’s reserved for fellow journalists.

--Anonymous
replies 451Dec 5, 2017 3:19 PM +00:00

R447, whomever made that decision should be fired and Sam re-hired immediately. Boneheaded.

--Anonymous
replies 452Dec 5, 2017 6:44 PM +00:00

Ari Melber is adorable.

--Anonymous
replies 453Dec 5, 2017 6:48 PM +00:00

Effort to rehire Sam Seder seems to be gaining traction. Maybe they’ll quietly bring him back in the spring.

--Anonymous
replies 454Dec 6, 2017 12:38 PM +00:00

Ari looks particularly hot with his slightly longer hair.

--Anonymous
replies 455Dec 6, 2017 1:13 PM +00:00

MSNBC rehires Sam Seder

www.mediaite.com
--Anonymous
replies 456Dec 7, 2017 5:02 AM +00:00

“Sometimes you just get one wrong, and that’s what happened here. We made our initial decision for the right reasons — because we don’t consider rape to be a funny topic to be joked about. But we’ve heard the feedback, and we understand the point Sam was trying to make in that tweet was actually in line with our values, even though the language was not. Sam will be welcome on our air going forward.”

--Anonymous
replies 457Dec 7, 2017 5:03 AM +00:00

Does anyone know Patrick Abner (Thomas Robert's husband) ? I would like to hear his voice.

--Anonymous
replies 458Dec 7, 2017 6:18 AM +00:00

Jeremy Bash is sporting a fresh haircut on Andrea Mitchell.

--Anonymous
replies 459Dec 7, 2017 7:45 AM +00:00

Earlier today Host Hallie Jackson had a report from Jacob Soboroff on the LA fires, after his report she told Jacob to stay safe, then she went to a report from Ayman Mohyeldin wearing a flack helmet, reporting from Palestine on the demonstrations there, there was no "stay safe" just a thanks.

I have always thought telling someone be to "stay safe" or "drive safe" to be one of the more stupid comments, but I thought the contrast of telling a person covering a forest fire compared to a near war zone, was even more stupid.

--Anonymous
replies 460Dec 7, 2017 8:02 AM +00:00

Agreed, R460. I don't think Hallie Jackson is a particularly good tv news host.

--Anonymous
replies 461Dec 7, 2017 8:08 AM +00:00

Sorry, Thomas doesn't work here anymore.

--MSNBC
replies 462Dec 7, 2017 8:08 AM +00:00

Ok, Sam Seder is already back on the Chris Hayes show.

--Anonymous
replies 463Dec 7, 2017 3:15 PM +00:00

Drive safe = Stay safe = Take care

They’re things that people say to express their affection for others. Perhaps Hallie and Jacob are close and she is sincerely concerned about his safety.

It’s not very professional but it seems pretty human.

--Anonymous
replies 464Dec 7, 2017 3:18 PM +00:00

Ahhhhh! Josh Barro.

Interesting wardrobe choice to forgo the suit coat so we can clearly see his pecs and biceps bursting through his crisp white dress shirt.

--Chris Hayes
replies 465Dec 7, 2017 4:04 PM +00:00

R460, a fire can really ruin your day.

--It can be quite serious, actually.
replies 466Dec 7, 2017 5:38 PM +00:00

Was anybody watching this morning when Hallie Jackson handed it off to Kristen Welker at the White House? "Thank you, Alkie." followed by a quick correction.

--Anonymous
replies 467Dec 8, 2017 5:27 AM +00:00

Hallie is not well respected within her network

--Anonymous
replies 468Dec 8, 2017 6:41 AM +00:00

Hallie Jackson does that thing where someone will ask her a question, and she begins her response with, “Look!”

Hate that.

--Anonymous
replies 469Dec 8, 2017 7:02 AM +00:00

So many of the talking heads do it, R469. It's very irritating.

Hallie Jackson waves her hands all the time. If I were her guest, I wouldn't sit close by.

--Anonymous
replies 470Dec 8, 2017 7:21 AM +00:00

R470 reminds me, if Turnip ever did that thing with the handshake where he pulls you abruptly towards him, I’d fall into him and knock him over. It’s a child’s trick, and he should have stopped doing it when he was 10.

--Anonymous
replies 471Dec 8, 2017 9:35 AM +00:00

R465, where is this segment with Josh Barro?

--Anonymous
replies 472Dec 8, 2017 9:52 AM +00:00

How about Garret Haake? His eyes are true bluer than shown in this photo. He’s the Capital Hill Wasington correspondent replacement for the awkward what’s-His-name, the legacy hire. Garret is probably taller than average, is my guess. Just married last year to a tiny woman.

I like him. At least he’s not awkward. And I like tall blonds.

Garrett Haake. 955 likes. Washington correspondent for MSNBC. I spend most of my time on Capitol Hill, but you'll see me pop up at the White House and around the country, too. Always a committed...
www.facebook.com
--Anonymous
replies 473Dec 8, 2017 10:19 AM +00:00

I like Garret Haake, he has the goods but wow from certain angles he is VERY ugly. Like a young version of Mr. Burns ugly.

--Anonymous
replies 474Dec 8, 2017 12:47 PM +00:00

Vaughn Hillyard needs to learn to come up with replies/reactions to questions posed by anchors faster. He always makes it seem like there is a time delay from where ever he is reporting from. He is a cute little guy though.

--Anonymous
replies 475Dec 8, 2017 2:04 PM +00:00

Vaughn Hillyard is an awful TV name.

--Anonymous
replies 476Dec 8, 2017 2:29 PM +00:00

This guy knows how to sell his sexy TV name

(Official) This Reporter Can't Say His Last Name Without Moving His Head head,shake,nod,annoying,akward,Funny,Weird,Crazy,Random,Official,Strange,Silly,news,...
YouTube
--Anonymous
replies 477Dec 8, 2017 2:30 PM +00:00

Mika, with Joe sitting by her, railing against sexual improprieties, is a bit absurd. Pots and kettles.

--Anonymous
replies 478Dec 8, 2017 2:37 PM +00:00

Wow, Sam Seder is now on Laurence’s Show.

Will MSNBC give him his own show?

--Anonymous
replies 479Dec 8, 2017 5:35 PM +00:00