Join the Bitchfest >>

The real reason why Paz de la Huerta was fired from "Boardwalk Empire": EWWW

You have to agree: as far as insane behavior goes, this is pretty over the top.

Ever wonder why your favorite character completely disappeared from a TV show?
Suggest.com
--Anonymous
replies 16Sep 25, 2016 8:58 PM +00:00
Paz De La Huerta was fired from Boardwalk Empire because during a nude scene her tampon string was showing. She was told to hide it or get rid of it, she pulled it out in front of the crew and threw it on the floor, then told a PA to pick it up, which was the end of her.
--Anonymous
replies 1Sep 25, 2016 8:58 PM +00:00

PICK IT UP, LACKEY!!!

--Paz
replies 2Sep 25, 2016 9:00 PM +00:00

I thought actresses usually wore merkins for nude scenes. Wouldn't that hide the string? I don't recall and legs open, vulva showing scenes on the show.

--Anonymous
replies 3Sep 25, 2016 9:16 PM +00:00

I've worked on shows/films with female nudity. There is no way in hell she was showing her vulva without a merkin, if it is a period pice pre-2000, or a body stocking if she's supposed to have the naked mole rat look.

--Anonymous
replies 4Sep 25, 2016 9:30 PM +00:00

My mother disappeared from my show because that Jason Bateman thing on NBC gave her an "and/as" credit and a regular role that we plebeians over in lowly old first-run syndication country just couldn't afford.

--DL favorite Emily Schulman
replies 5Sep 25, 2016 9:32 PM +00:00

What R4 said.

--Anonymous
replies 6Sep 25, 2016 9:34 PM +00:00

Absolutely no way that's true. Someone who hates her made that up to embarrass her.

--Anonymous
replies 7Sep 25, 2016 9:36 PM +00:00

Is the David Yost one true? That's just... so sad.

Also, eldergays, did you see the Sesame Street episode in which they explained the death of the shop owner?

Ever wonder why your favorite character completely disappeared from a TV show?
Suggest.com
--Anonymous
replies 8Sep 25, 2016 9:37 PM +00:00
Also, eldergays, did you see the Sesame Street episode in which they explained the death of the shop owner?

Kids, when guys with brass knuckles and Brooklyn accents tell you to "pay protection," they mean it.

--Mr. Hooper's ghost
replies 9Sep 25, 2016 9:41 PM +00:00

r8 I remember when Mr. Hooper died and it was very sad! I actually thought as an adult that maybe that didn't happen and I just imagined it but am glad to know they really told the truth. As far as that Rory Cochrane dude, are you fucking kidding me? You quit a high paying, hit show, job because you didn't want to memorize a bunch of shit every week? Fuck you.

--Appalachian Miners
replies 10Sep 25, 2016 9:45 PM +00:00

Some of these are half-truths. Soleil Moon Frye was almost 12 when Punky Brewster went off the air, so her boobs hadn't developed yet despite their devoting a whole episode to them in season 3. I know she had breast reduction at 16, but had they already become a problem by that time? Columbia also cut the budget when they took over production when it moved from NBC to syndication, so IIRC that's why they let Casey Ellison and T.K. Carter go.

And while Sesame Street was honest about Mr. Hooper, they were less so about Northern Calloway's dismissal. He had finally crossed the line when he told Alison Bartlett, who played Gina and was a teenager at the time, that he was in love with her, so he was fired. His character, David, was said to have gone to live on a farm with his grandma. But he and Maria had been dating for years, and suddenly she marries Luis!

--Anonymous
replies 11Sep 25, 2016 9:51 PM +00:00

[quute] I thought actresses usually wore merkins for nude scenes. Wouldn't that hide the string?

Ah, you just don't know very much about Paz de la Huerta, do you?

She would do ANYTHING for attention. Anything. This story is completely believable if you know the first thing about her.

--Anonymous
replies 12Sep 25, 2016 10:00 PM +00:00

r11 To be fair, everyone dies, however not everyone becomes unhinged and beats a woman with an iron rod whilst clad in only a Superman shirt, screaming, "I'm David from Sesame Street and they're trying to kill me!" .

--you can't explain everything in an hour show
replies 13Sep 25, 2016 10:36 PM +00:00

Paz de la huerta as in hall asleep drugged up bitch Who could barley speak paz de la huerta?

--Anonymous
replies 14Sep 25, 2016 11:06 PM +00:00
[R8] I remember when Mr. Hooper died and it was very sad! I actually thought as an adult that maybe that didn't happen and I just imagined it but am glad to know they really told the truth. As far as that Rory Cochrane dude, are you fucking kidding me? You quit a high paying, hit show, job because you didn't want to memorize a bunch of shit every week? Fuck you.

I think Cochrane was too for cool for school. He was an indie actor and probably felt he was losing "Cred."

--Anonymous
replies 15Sep 26, 2016 3:05 AM +00:00

R12, I can believe she sold the story; I do not believe that it happened.

--R4, never wrangled merkins, but fucked the guy who did
replies 16Sep 26, 2016 6:01 AM +00:00