Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Emergency rooms in the red states won't treat women

Thanks to the Dobbs decision

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 19, 2024 6:45 PM

Pregnant PEOPLE OP

Do better, bigot

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2024 4:56 PM

Bullshit story. NO ONE is turned away at an ER. There is not threat to any hospital treating a pregnant woman. Good lord the shit you guys buy into.

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2024 4:59 PM

No clue on why these hospitals have effectively decided to throw the baby out with the bath water and blame Roe v. Wade for it.

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2024 4:59 PM

R2 is hopelessly naive or rock stupid

More probably both

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2024 5:03 PM

[quote]NO ONE is turned away at an ER. There is not threat to any hospital treating a pregnant woman.

r2 Bruh...

[quote]The state argued that the administration was misusing a law intended to prevent hospitals from dumping patients and imposing “a federal abortion mandate” on states. “EMTALA says nothing about abortion,” Idaho Attorney General Raul Labrador told the court in a brief.

These clowns are definitely suggesting that a pregnant woman can never experience an emergency involving the fetus. They are arguing that offering a D&C during a miscarriage, for example, is not a medical emergency. Therefore, pregnant women needing emergency miscarriage care are being turned away at ERs because EMTALA is being challenged by "pro-life" (and Bush and Trump-appointed) judges as not including abortions. They don't believe an abortion is ever an emergency medical procedure and that both the mother and baby should just die because...God's will or some shit. They are actually that twisted.

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2024 5:14 PM

According to the AP story,

[quote]The physician came to the triage desk and told the patient that we did not have obstetric services or capabilities,

Sure, E.R.s aren’t turning pregnant women and girls away per se, they just “don’t treat pregnancies” anymore because of the liability involved. The Russian MAGAT at R2 is confused.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2024 5:14 PM

Pregnant PEOPLE R6

Jesus Christ you are committing trans genocide by not accepting that men and non binary folx can also get pregnant

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2024 5:18 PM

R2 is a rightwing MORON living in a fantasy world.

Women and girls have already been forced to carry, forced into infections, forced into infertility, and into early death because of supportive sis R2's rightwing hate policies and the dismantling of Dobbs.

Just because R2 doesn't personally know anyone affected or care about anyone affected by the dismantling of Dobbs doesn't make it not happening or not true.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2024 5:20 PM

R7, Blow it out your hole, troll. You won’t derail this thread.

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2024 5:21 PM

Not the time, r7. Go play with your crayons. The adults are talking.

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2024 5:21 PM

Btw, that 1 WW that r2 has is from me and it was a mistake. I was trying to hit FF. Just putting some transparency, here and making it clear that it was not gained earnestly.

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2024 5:22 PM

R9 r10 you can just fuck right off

I supported the right to choose through my entire life and have donated heavily to pro choice organizations

But I’m not allowing you to erase a whole class of people through your bigoted omission

Proper obstetric care for women and men and non binary folx each and every one

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2024 5:27 PM

R1 and r2 are both trolls

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2024 5:29 PM

[quote]I supported the right to choose through my entire life and have donated heavily to pro choice organizations

Then how about you actually talk about that in a thread discussing pro-choice matters for [bold]women[/bold]. There was no mention or use of 'pregnant people' in the article. In fact, I was personally impressed, and pleased, with their correct use of women in the article.

You are just trying to derail a discussion and start shit.

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2024 5:33 PM

[quote] fact, I was personally impressed, and pleased, with their correct use of women in the article

You are a bigot r14

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2024 5:37 PM

I hope women leave these states en masse, but they probably won't. They get the hell they voted for, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2024 5:41 PM

That’s not true. They do treat women, like shit.

by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2024 5:42 PM

Yes, r16. Because it's so easy to just uproot one's life.

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2024 5:44 PM

Karma! That's what you get fo tellin' yo man that you on the pill in order to trap him. See where that gets yah!

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2024 5:45 PM

R18 easier than dying of sepsis from a botched back alley abortion, or from pregnancy complications.

by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2024 5:46 PM

Some of you bitches just really loathe women.

by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2024 5:51 PM

R2 is the rightwing “oh look, another Dump thread” troll. I wonder how much it gets paid by the Putin troll farm to deflect.

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2024 5:52 PM

Daralounge hates everybody except for Dolly Parton r21

by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2024 6:04 PM

Go look at any of the pregnancy groups on reddit and they're filled with harrowing stories that would make the one about the woman in Texas look tame. Hell even my own friend was forced to give birth to her own dying miscarriage because her Christofacist doctor refused to intervene. The nurses barely kept her alive. That was 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2024 6:10 PM

Most of the people who vote for rethugs think their regressive bullshit will never affect them.

Then they end up in the ER with complications from pregnancy or their wife/girlfriend does.

Will they put two and two together and realize THEY caused this tragedy?

by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2024 6:12 PM

No, the won’t r25

by Anonymousreply 26April 19, 2024 6:13 PM

'Murica!!

by Anonymousreply 27April 19, 2024 6:14 PM

R24 You have to understand the Christo doctor. He doesn't want to go to hell for killing the unborn.

by Anonymousreply 28April 19, 2024 6:27 PM

R28, he literally almost killed my friend. When I went to visit her the next day because she was craving milk and the hospital milk was gross and served school lunch style, her skin tone matched the milk. She is normally beautifully olive complected. It fucked her up for a very long time. The hospital moved her into a lovely suite, they knew they'd fucked up. She should've sued.

by Anonymousreply 29April 19, 2024 6:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!