Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hacks Season 3 Premieres May 2

Deborah Vance is back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2024 5:10 AM

Rejoicing.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2024 4:38 PM

Looks intriguing. Was wondering how they'd continue from where they ended

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2024 4:40 PM

Love this show!

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2024 4:42 PM

I'm excited; I didn't even know it was coming back. It's not the type of show that needs to go on and on, but I was hoping for 3-4 seasons. The ending of season 2 absolutely could have been a series finale, and a good one too.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2024 5:41 PM

Goody goody, loooove Hacks.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2024 6:08 PM

I love Hacks except for annoying Hannah Einbinder and yes Hannah we know you're a nepo baby.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2024 6:48 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if season three turns out to be the last season but I think it will get renewed for at least one more season.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2024 6:49 PM

Unfortunately, HBO is not worth the cost of their subscription. After the full season has dropped, I will probably do a trial to watch the entire third series. The rest of their content is way overpriced IMO, especially since the lower tiers have ads.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2024 6:57 PM

Hannah is OK. I was annoyed with Ava at first but she really grew on me by the end of S1.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2024 7:08 PM

I actually really like Einbinder in the role. I think Hannah is supposed to be annoying much of the time, with her Gen Z (or millennial?) know-it-all , "I've lived and worked in LA," and "how you see the world is outdated" pretentiousness. It rings true for a segment of younger people. Also, while sometimes annoying, I often find Hannah and her reactions pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2024 9:05 PM

Official trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2024 1:56 PM

I adore this show! Everything about it, but above all (INTER)NATIONAL TREASURE JEAN SMART.

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2024 2:29 PM

Is it yet another comedy with insult humor? Or do the writers have wit.

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2024 3:20 PM

First two episodes out today!

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2024 10:30 AM

One of my favorite shows in a long time. Along with Abbot Elementary, which seems a bit flat this season.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2024 10:49 AM

"Like a performer with Deborah’s grit and experience, “Hacks” is infectiously confident, deceptively smooth and, most importantly, consistently hilarious."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2024 10:52 AM

Hilarious first two episodes, this show is as sharp as ever. Maybe even sharper than ever. Only thing that would make it even more cutting and "of the moment" would be an Ozempic joke or two, though Guy Branum probably forbade those in the writers' room. Speaking of...

Marcus looks more attractive this season. Has he lost some weight?

Ava goes topless. Now I'm a homo, but that is a perfect pair of tits right there. Good for her!

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2024 2:56 PM

It came quick. Hopefully I can get to this today. Thanks for the reminder.

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2024 3:46 PM

Now I'm a homo, but that is a perfect pair of tits right there. Good for her!

Jesus- Jean Smart

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2024 4:45 PM

Dee Dee Halls playing herself.

Do they give out Emmys for that type of work?

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2024 5:17 PM

I think they should have stretched out Ava and Deborah not being together longer. I know there is only 8 episodes but it seemed too fast

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2024 5:23 PM

Thanks for that, R21. Very much. Two episodes in.

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2024 5:24 PM

I'm so happy it's back and so glad they teamed back up so quickly. This is the perfect show.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2024 1:07 AM

Jean Smart is as impeccable as ever, but Hannah Einbinder is really coming into her own this season. Their reunion in the Montreal hotel room just crackled.

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2024 3:40 AM

A sign of a great show—I was sad when the first 2 episodes were over tonight. I wanted more!

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2024 3:44 AM

A Carrot Top cameo? Lol. "Mr. Top, we sent you several notices."

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2024 3:54 AM

Kayla has been upped to regular this season but, as of now, she's not being overdone, which is what I was was worried about when the news was first announced. These more cartoonish characters can quickly overstay their welcome in higher doses.

r24 Yeah, Hannah's great. Her facial expressions when she discovered the engagement ring were hysterical, it's exactly how I'd act in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2024 4:09 AM

Amazing. This show hasn’t missed a beat.

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2024 4:11 AM

Marcus isn't cartoonish and I hope they can utilize him as they have in the past two seasons. Maybe offer some of his non-Deborah life again - like with his mom and Wilson. Not a lot, just some.

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2024 4:12 AM

Loved that Deborah called the hotel front desk for a "gay bellboy" to be the arbiter of her fashion dispute with Ava, and his opening line had me howling — as did Deborah's "closet."

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2024 4:12 AM

I was never a big fan of Ruby, so I'm glad she's gone for now. I mean, she's not a terrible character, but I don't think she adds much.

by Anonymousreply 31May 3, 2024 4:21 AM

Damien and Marcus are such an obvious couple and it’s refreshing that they’re not.

Love how this show subverts expectations.

by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2024 4:24 AM

The Iceland trip is off/breakup scene was too Devil Wears Prada the person who’s calls you always take that’s who you’re in a relationship with.

by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2024 4:27 AM

Not an Einbinder fan.

by Anonymousreply 34May 3, 2024 4:28 AM

That opening scene in episode one was fucking brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2024 4:34 AM

Kayla needs to die. And I was just in IMDb and there’s an actress playing a young Deborah in an episode.

by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2024 4:36 AM

r32 I cringed for a moment thinking they were setting up Marcus with Guy Branum, but they shut that shit down immediately. I really need to stop underestimating this show.

by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2024 4:38 AM

Anyone else notice Ava rubbed her eye after she fingerbanged the girlfriend? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 38May 3, 2024 4:59 AM

You're talking to people who habitually eat ass, so...

by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2024 5:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!