Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blind Item!- Anna Wintour was not happy with J Lo’s lack of effort in her look last night despite being a co-chair

“ When you are one of the hosts, you really are expected to understand the assignment. The editor is exempt from that rule, but she likes to enforce it on the hosts and the actress/singer already mentioned, displeased the editor with their effort.”

I see many people saying Jennifer looked beautiful but it’s a dress she would wear to any red carpet and looked like dresses she’s worn before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 8, 2024 12:15 PM

The world is on fire and you choose to post this?

by Anonymousreply 1May 8, 2024 12:28 AM

She has only herself to blame.

She fell for the Bennifer 2.0 hype and thought J.Lo would be scorching in 2024 with her self-serving documentary, new album and concert tour.

All flopped. She can’t give tickets away to her shows.

So the editrix was stuck with a loser turkey as one of her chairs and wants to claim J.Lo put no “effort” into her dress.

No, sweetie. You didn’t vet your candidates.

You have poor taste and judgement and the whole word was watching.

Couldn’t happen to a more vapid cunt. Well, you and J.Lo.

by Anonymousreply 2May 8, 2024 12:44 AM

lol she doesn’t pick the chairs based on projects they have coming out. Blake Lively has been chair numerous times with no projects out. Same with Rihanna.

by Anonymousreply 3May 8, 2024 12:50 AM

Sorry, Anna.

That's what happens when you try to pull someone from the ghetto, and make them into a fashion icon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 8, 2024 12:52 AM

The downfall?

Kardashian trash.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 5May 8, 2024 12:58 AM

A cool needs to blow through the entertainment industry. Everything seems stale.

There’s a few bright spots here and there, but mostly the same old shit going on years now.

by Anonymousreply 6May 8, 2024 1:04 AM

Okay, but Chris Hemsworth was also a co-chair and he looked as if he just threw on a shirt and a suit without much thought to the theme of the gala.

As the old saying goes, your choices have consequences and Anna has put celebrity above fashion. This is why the gala has devolved into an endless parade of influencers and self-proclaimed stylists who have chosen to embrace freak show over fashion show.

by Anonymousreply 7May 8, 2024 1:05 AM

*A cool breeze

by Anonymousreply 8May 8, 2024 1:05 AM

You know this is Bizarro World territory when the Kardashians are the darlings of the event. Foh.

by Anonymousreply 9May 8, 2024 1:20 AM

Did J Lo smuggle another gun in?

by Anonymousreply 10May 8, 2024 1:21 AM

Anna’s a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2024 1:24 AM

[quote] Anna Wintour was not happy with J Lo’s lack of effort in her look

Anna wants the guests/hosts to do her work for her.

She has run out of ideas, and so she's looking to celebrities to come up with fresh fashion ideas.

And looking to people like JLo and Chris Hemsworth, for fucks sake. Two people whose names don't exactly inspire thoughts of haute couture.

Everyone is so fucking lazy nowdays.

Host your own goddamned party, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 12May 8, 2024 1:24 AM

[quote] Okay, but Chris Hemsworth was also a co-chair and he looked as if he just threw on a shirt and a suit without much thought to the theme of the gala.

Yes. But he has a sure-to-be-hit film about to be released that has huge buzz.

It’s about who’s successful and hot. She could care less about her silly “themes.”

And that’s not J.Lo.

by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2024 1:29 AM

Anna’s chair choices for next year include:

Chris Tucker

Rachel Leigh Cook

Chris Klein

Paula Patton

It’s going to be a hot 2025 at the Met! 🔥

by Anonymousreply 14May 8, 2024 1:38 AM

That's the problem, R13, she doesn't need these boring types like Hemsworth to promote this event. The gala is iconic and known around the world. I don't understand why she's allowed it to stray so far from its original theme - style. It's just an all-out clown show now.

by Anonymousreply 15May 8, 2024 1:40 AM

[quote] the actress/singer

Sorry. This can’t be J.Lo.

by Anonymousreply 16May 8, 2024 1:41 AM

This shit lost me this year. It doesn’t even feel like fun frivolity anymore. Everything is so vapid these days, these ostentatious displays feels actively damaging. I know it’s a big fundraiser for the Met, but the spectacle, as it were, feels insulting or something

by Anonymousreply 17May 8, 2024 1:45 AM

It's like JLo just threw in the towel because she was in the same set as Zendaya.

I was disappointed in how JLo looked. We've seen that variation of gown a million times on her.

Her heart's is not in it anymore. Girl, just retire.

by Anonymousreply 18May 8, 2024 1:46 AM

Ooops, before the apostrophe patrol person gets me -

Her heart is not in it anymore. Girl, just retire.

by Anonymousreply 19May 8, 2024 1:48 AM

[quote] This shit lost me this year. It doesn’t even feel like fun frivolity anymore. Everything is so vapid these days, these ostentatious displays feels actively damaging. I know it’s a big fundraiser for the Met, but the spectacle, as it were, feels insulting or something

The word is VULGAR.

by Anonymousreply 20May 8, 2024 1:49 AM

Agreed, R20. Someone posted a picture from the 1972 version of the event and it looked so much more fun. People are dressed nicely, but like adults out on the town. They seem like they can move. They seem interested in having conversation. They’re smiling rather than doing that sort of modern, I’m-too-hot-to-smile stare. Everything has gotten so fucking fake and such an over-the-top, values-deprived way. You’re right—it is vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 21May 8, 2024 1:58 AM

Like I really need this. Jesus Christ!!!!! Leave me the fuck alone!

by Anonymousreply 22May 8, 2024 2:08 AM

J Ho is a canceled has-been. Maybe next year she can get Diddy.

by Anonymousreply 23May 8, 2024 2:32 AM

I liked Gigi Hadid's dress the best.

by Anonymousreply 24May 8, 2024 2:46 AM

It's a pretty dress and she looks good. She could have been more on theme. A garment like that probably counts as classic but there were (many) people who looked fresher and more in the moment..

by Anonymousreply 25May 8, 2024 3:24 AM

As we all know this is phony blind item made up by a liar. Anna Wintour has to approve everyone's outfit. She knew weeks in advance what Jennifer and everyone else was going to wear to this event. Anna has an iron fist on almost every aspect of this event. If something does not go her way, they will not be invited the following year.

If someone is going to make up a blind item about the Met Gala, at least make up one that is believable.

by Anonymousreply 26May 8, 2024 3:40 AM

[quote] As we all know this is phony blind item made up by a liar.

No it isn’t! I mean, yes, it’s all lies 😉.

by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2024 3:47 AM

I usually bemoan the fact that most of the attendees don't seem to 'get' or care about the theme, but I will say, this year, they perhaps picked a theme that was a little too undefined. A lot of people went literal by adding florals (including Wintour herself!)

I think Kylie Minogue may be one of the few who understood the assignment with her Sleeping Beauty-inspired look.

by Anonymousreply 28May 8, 2024 3:49 AM

Why didn’t Anna invite Sharon Stone to attend? She always stuns the crowds, steals the spotlight and her looks become legend.

by Anonymousreply 29May 8, 2024 4:00 AM

[quote] A lot of people went literal by adding florals (including Wintour herself!)

Florals?

For Spring?

Groundbreaking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 8, 2024 4:21 AM

OMG! Colbert made the joke about Michelle Yeoh looking like a pan of Jiffy Pop!

😛

by Anonymousreply 31May 8, 2024 5:39 AM

The sad thing is that more than one person gives a fat rat's ass what Anna Wintour thinks about anything. Haute couture fashion is no more important to the betterment of the planet than one grain of sand.

by Anonymousreply 32May 8, 2024 9:55 AM

[quote] Anna Wintour has to approve everyone's outfit.

Is this correct, r26?

I read in the NY Times that Wintour has to approve who may attend and may veto somebody's attendance, but that she has to approve what everybody is wearing doesn't seem correct to me.

How much time does she have on her hands to do that? Holy Crap.

by Anonymousreply 33May 8, 2024 11:46 AM

And if some of the attendees aren't "getting the assignment", that's Wintour's fault if she has choosing garments power.

I never miss watching the Met Gala entrances, but not because I'm going to be impressed with the good taste and craftsmanship of the garments (although that happens- Zendaya) it's because I'm going to be in for a tawdry spectacle.

And I think that Wintour's goal. She seems to have figured out a long time ago that we're all vulgar, her included, so go with it.

by Anonymousreply 34May 8, 2024 11:51 AM

[quote]Is this correct, [R26]?

Yes, I read about it in Vanity Fair a couple of years ago and Tom and Lorenzo the Fashion Bloggers/Podcasters just reiterated it on their podcast last week.

Here is an article from Business Insider that mentions it, since I can't find the Vanity Fair article online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 8, 2024 12:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!