Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Columbia protesters abusive to building personnel during takeover

What a surprise. Lawsuit filed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 8, 2024 1:04 PM

Anti-semitic losers.

I'm imagine they are too young to be fans of Bernie Sanders, but in that vein, they won't be voting anyway!

by Anonymousreply 1May 8, 2024 12:40 AM

I'll get blasted for this, but it's been my experience in life. These extremist activists that claim to be all about the downtrodden and marginalized are often some of the biggest ASSHOLES in person and treat people that do the shitty jobs no one else wants to do like shit. This is exactly what I'd expect from them.

Please note: I'm not saying they are the only ones that do this or that everything they support is automatically invalid because of it. But that "concern" they supposedly have is really some kind of twisted, narcissistic desire to be seen as good people rather than genuine. I can't stand them.

by Anonymousreply 2May 8, 2024 12:46 AM

Oh my God, like, they're just like, the help, ok? Like, not actual people like the ones in Gaza, right? Like, get the fuck over it, ok? Aren't they getting paid or something? My God, you're spiking my anxiety, like oh my God.

by Anonymousreply 3May 8, 2024 2:09 AM

One of the protesters arrested is some 40 year old nepo baby with a trust fund and a $3.4 million townhouse in Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 4May 8, 2024 2:14 AM

r2, as I wrote in another thread: "In my experience in the academy, academics who scream the loudest about equity, oppression, and social justice are often the ones who treat support staff the worst."

by Anonymousreply 5May 8, 2024 2:15 AM

You mean this douchebag, R4?

"Columbia: this protester was a 40-year-old trust fund kid named James Carlson, who owns a townhouse in Brooklyn worth $3.4 million. The man who tried to hold him back was Mario Torres, 45, who has worked at Columbia—where the average janitor makes less than $19 an hour—for five years."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 8, 2024 2:21 AM

Countdown to Torres and family getting death threats in 3...2...

by Anonymousreply 7May 8, 2024 2:22 AM

Yes, that's the one, R6.

by Anonymousreply 8May 8, 2024 2:27 AM

His interview. He and his family are bound to get death threats from the pro-Pal riot scums.

"Columbia Custodian Trapped by ‘Angry Mob’ Speaks Out ‘We don’t expect to go to work and get swarmed.’ A Free Press exclusive with facilities worker Mario Torres."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 8, 2024 2:32 AM

[quote]When the custodians told the demonstrators that they wanted to get out of the building, at least one “smarmy, sanctimonious, elitist ... occupier” — in a reference to the Gaza protests and takeover of Hamilton — [bold]told them they would not be able to exit premises because “this moment is bigger than you,”[/bold] Samuelsen alleged in the letter.

Infuriating MARY!

by Anonymousreply 10May 8, 2024 2:40 AM

So the main piece of evidence for the workers being intimidated is a worker attacking a protestor? lol

by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2024 2:45 AM

OP is fine with protesters as long as they're saying "Jews will not replace us"

by Anonymousreply 12May 8, 2024 2:47 AM

R2, in my experience the right-wingers who demonize activists are the worst people around. They're also racist and homophobic

by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2024 2:48 AM

We probably should get the lawsuit complaint and link it here. Unions don't usually file frivolous complaints.

by Anonymousreply 14May 8, 2024 3:45 AM

I love this. I hope the little “protesting” cunts get sued by the working class into oblivion. It’ll keep their shitty names in the press and cancel them from real jobs even further.

by Anonymousreply 15May 8, 2024 1:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!