Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Down Low" - 2023

I searched DL and couldn't find a link but I can't imagine that no one has posted anything about this comedy starring and written by DL fave ♥Lukas Gage♥ so I'm assuming this post is redundant. The appearance of Judith Light as "Sandy the neighbor" is worth the price of admission alone!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 9, 2024 1:07 PM

The director is Rightor Doyle. What kind of a name is Rightor?

by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2024 11:10 PM

It’s one of the worst movies I watched last year.

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2024 11:17 PM

Really? It's one of the funniest movies I watched last year. But I don't get out much. Watching it for the second time on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2024 11:21 PM

Yes OP we snarked about this shit fest. The were few delights. Also Quinto hit a wall. Sheesh. He was joli laid sexy for years.

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2024 11:22 PM

Here's one of the threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 7, 2024 11:23 PM

"Gary! I have just taken a fistful of drugs and I will be sedated or dead within minutes, feeling none of the sick, twisted, homosexual depravity you subject my Christ-like body to!" - Sandy

by Anonymousreply 6May 7, 2024 11:30 PM

Forgive me but what does "joli laid sexy" mean?

by Anonymousreply 7May 7, 2024 11:31 PM

All I know is I want Gary's plush Long Island house!

by Anonymousreply 8May 7, 2024 11:38 PM

R7, Jolie-laide translates as pretty and ugly at the same time. Sometimes it means an actor who isnt conventionally handsome but makes up for it with charisma.

by Anonymousreply 9May 7, 2024 11:46 PM

This movie reminds me of Rough Night with Scarlett Johansson and the SNL cast -- a murder comedy inside a fancy house. They both kinda sunk like stones but I loved 'em.

by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2024 11:53 PM

Judith is a wonderful woman who has been a long-time ally.

by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2024 12:13 AM

JLight can do anything! ♥

by Anonymousreply 12May 8, 2024 12:20 AM

I HAD to turn it off.

by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2024 8:29 PM

Halfway through. Was this originally gay dinner theater? One set, quips for dialogue, lots of frantic misunderstandings, lots of doors, timing coincidences ...

I could imagine a lower-budget stage version of this starring some locally respected actor, a twink and Mink Stole in the Sandy role. (Though Judith Light is fabulous and the best part of the movie.)

by Anonymousreply 14May 9, 2024 5:15 AM

How much do you think ZQ gets paid for a movie like this?

by Anonymousreply 15May 9, 2024 12:18 PM

The ending was very strange. Like creepy strange. But I love the movie. Lots of quotable lines.

by Anonymousreply 16May 9, 2024 1:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!