Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I asked Chat GPT to write me a sequel of my favorite movie

In my case it's "A streetcar named desire". And I asked for the summary of the sequel, obviously not an entire play/screenplay. Anyway here goes:

"Several years have passed since the events of "A Streetcar Named Desire." In "Desire's End," we find Blanche DuBois living in a quiet seaside town, attempting to rebuild her life after the traumatic events that unfolded in New Orleans. Despite her best efforts to leave her past behind, Blanche struggles with inner demons and haunted memories of her past.

Blanche has found solace in a new community, where she has become a beloved figure known for her kindness and wit. She works as a librarian, immersing herself in books and literature as a means of escape from her troubled past. However, her tranquility is disrupted when an unexpected visitor arrives in town – Stanley Kowalski.

Stanley, now older and seemingly more introspective, has sought out Blanche in search of closure and redemption for his role in her downfall years earlier. Their reunion is fraught with tension and unresolved emotions as they confront the ghosts of their shared past. Through intense conversations and confrontations, they grapple with guilt, forgiveness, and the complexities of human nature.

As the story unfolds, Blanche and Stanley find themselves drawn to each other once again, despite the scars of their past. Their interactions spark a journey of self-discovery and healing, as they confront their demons and come to terms with the choices they've made.

"Desire's End" explores themes of redemption, forgiveness, and the enduring power of human connection. It offers a poignant and thought-provoking continuation of Tennessee Williams' classic masterpiece, shedding new light on the characters of Blanche DuBois and Stanley Kowalski as they navigate the complexities of love, loss, and redemption in the aftermath of "A Streetcar Named Desire.""

Lol I just thought it was a fun activity. It just came up with all that in a nano second. It's not the sequel I'd write but it's fun to pretend. So if you have a favorite film or play or show or whatever, it's a fun activity. You could even ask for a prequel or something.

by Anonymousreply 16May 8, 2024 7:00 AM

Hold up, studio execs are writing this down.

It actually sounds good.

by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2024 10:57 PM

OP, did you come up with Desire's End as the title, or did Chat GPT?

Now I want Chat GPT to write a follow-up to that creepy episode of Murder, She Wrote: Lovers and Other Killers. The one that ends with Andrew Stevens as David Tolliver glowering as Jessica sashays away, free from his clutches...FOR NOW.

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2024 11:19 PM

That actually sounds interesting, except for the "healing" and the "navigating," which sounds boring and out of character for them both. I also wonder where Stella went and how Blanche is no longer a nutso-dipso-nymphomaniac. But, basically, I'm impressed by this result.

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2024 11:26 PM

If you know what you're doing, you can extract some pretty good stuff from Chat GPT. But it usually takes multiple attempts and tweaking of the prompts.

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2024 11:31 PM

Title: "Casablanca Requiem"

Plot Summary:

Several decades after the events of "Casablanca," the world is embroiled in another global conflict. Casablanca, once again, becomes a melting pot of intrigue, romance, and espionage. Rick Blaine's legendary bar, the Rick's Café Américain, still stands as a beacon of refuge for those seeking escape from the chaos of war.

The story follows Isla, the daughter of Rick Blaine and Ilsa Lund, who has inherited her father's charm and her mother's grace. Isla, now a renowned pianist, returns to Casablanca after learning of her father's passing. She is determined to honor his legacy by keeping the Rick's Café Américain running.

However, Isla soon finds herself entangled in a web of deception when she discovers that her father left behind a mysterious journal detailing his covert activities during World War II. As Isla delves deeper into the secrets of the past, she realizes that her father was not just a mere bar owner but a key player in the underground resistance against the Axis powers.

Meanwhile, old flames reignite as Isla crosses paths with Jean-Pierre Renault, the son of Captain Louis Renault, and together they uncover shocking truths about their families' intertwined histories.

As Isla navigates the dangerous underworld of Casablanca, she must confront her own demons and make difficult choices that will determine the fate of not only the café but also the future of those she loves.

In the midst of betrayal and danger, Isla learns that true courage lies in facing the past and embracing the legacy of those who came before her. "Casablanca Requiem" is a tale of love, sacrifice, and redemption set against the backdrop of a world torn apart by war, where the echoes of the past reverberate through the streets of Casablanca once more.

by Anonymousreply 5May 8, 2024 12:43 AM

R2 The title was GPT, I kinda like it

by Anonymousreply 6May 8, 2024 12:54 AM

In a modest apartment building tucked away in the bustling streets of New York City, the lives of two couples unfolded against the backdrop of the mid-1970s. Lucy Ricardo and Ethel Mertz, lifelong friends and neighbors, found themselves bound together not just by proximity but by the shared struggles of everyday life.

The kitchen was the heart of their respective homes, where the aroma of cooking mingled with the sounds of laughter and conversation. Lucy bustled about her kitchen, her movements a mixture of determination and weariness, while Ethel sat at her own table, a cup of tea in hand, lost in thought.

"Ethel," Lucy called out, her voice carrying through the thin walls that separated their apartments. "Do you ever feel like life has passed us by?"

Ethel looked up, her eyes meeting Lucy's with a knowing gaze. "Every day, Lucy. Every day."

As Lucy stirred a pot on the stove, her mind drifted back to the dreams she and Ricky had once shared. They had come to the city with stars in their eyes, but somewhere along the way, those dreams had faded into the harsh light of reality.

"I miss the old days, Ethel," Lucy confessed, her voice tinged with regret. "I miss the excitement, the feeling that anything was possible."

Ethel nodded in understanding, her own thoughts mirroring Lucy's. "I know what you mean, Lucy. Sometimes it feels like we're just going through the motions, doesn't it?"

Across the hall, Fred Mertz sat at his kitchen table, a stack of bills spread out before him. He rubbed his temples wearily, the weight of financial strain pressing down on him like a heavy burden. Ethel glanced over at him, her heart aching at the sight of her husband's exhaustion.

"Freddy," she said softly, crossing the room to stand beside him. "We'll get through this, you know. We always do."

Fred looked up, his eyes weary but filled with a quiet determination. "I know, Ethel. But sometimes I wonder if it's worth it, you know? All this struggle, just to make ends meet."

Ethel reached out, taking Fred's hand in her own. "Of course it's worth it, Freddy. We have each other, don't we? That's all that matters."

As the evening wore on, the four of them found themselves drawn together, bound by the shared weight of their hopes and fears. In the dim light of the kitchen, they talked and laughed, finding solace in each other's company.

by Anonymousreply 7May 8, 2024 1:04 AM

"Stanley, now older and seemingly more introspective, has sought out Blanche in search of closure and redemption for his role in her downfall years earlier. Their reunion is fraught with tension and unresolved emotions as they confront the ghosts of their shared past. Through intense conversations and confrontations, they grapple with guilt, forgiveness, and the complexities of human nature."

There was actually a great one man off broadway play called "Stanley" back in the 2000s that had a similar premise....Stanley, left a hot mess was looking around for Blanche because he supposedly had fallen in love with her and was desperate for forgiveness/redemption. It was also right after Katrina, so you had screens everywhere showing the devastation on N.O. I think it was meant to show how much N.O had lost during the floods and Stanley desperate to get it (Blanche) back. It was SO good. It was a multimedia kind of thing, with audience participation, very weird but excellent. I wish they'd do it again but I think there was probably issues with Tennessee's estate and the usage of the characters. It got excellent reviews too.

by Anonymousreply 8May 8, 2024 1:05 AM

I don’t think Hollywood screenwriters have anything to worry about. Except for the ones that write Hallmark movies. Probably those have been AI generated for the past five years.

by Anonymousreply 9May 8, 2024 1:05 AM

R5 that actually sounds good.

by Anonymousreply 10May 8, 2024 1:06 AM

r9 In the heartwarming Hallmark Christmas movie "A December to Remember," viewers are whisked away to the picturesque town of Oakdale, where the magic of the holiday season is in full swing. Lily, a free-spirited writer from the city, reluctantly finds herself stranded in Oakdale just days before Christmas due to a snowstorm. Frustrated by the unexpected delay, she crosses paths with Holden, a charming local baker known for his delectable holiday treats.

Despite their initial clash of personalities, Lily and Holden are drawn to each other as they navigate the festive celebrations of Oakdale together. As they work side by side to spread holiday cheer throughout the town, they discover a deep connection rooted in shared values and dreams.

Amidst the twinkling lights and snowy streets of Oakdale, Lily and Holden find themselves falling in love against the backdrop of Christmas magic. But when Lily's career beckons her back to the city, they must decide whether to follow their hearts or risk losing each other forever. In the end, they realize that true love and happiness can be found in the most unexpected of places, making this a December to remember for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2024 1:07 AM

That was actually really touching, weirdly. Especially the Fred and Ethel part.

by Anonymousreply 12May 8, 2024 1:12 AM

I think this is where they get the plots of Jennifer Aniston movies

by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2024 1:18 AM

R9 the writers of Hollywood 20/30/40 years ago would have nothing to fear. The current day screenwriters? I wouldn't be so sure.

by Anonymousreply 14May 8, 2024 1:22 AM

Do an Auntie Mame prequel

by Anonymousreply 15May 8, 2024 5:43 AM

Here’s CGPT’s sequel to “A Good Man is Hard to Find”by Flannery O’Connor: “A Good Man is Even Harder to Keep Track Of!”

After their misadventures with The Misfit, the dysfunctional family decides to go on a road trip again, determined to have a vacation that doesn't end in chaos. This time, they invest in a high-tech GPS system to ensure they never get lost.

But of course, nothing goes as planned. The GPS malfunctions, leading them on a wild goose chase through quirky towns and bizarre encounters. Along the way, they meet a series of eccentric characters, including a retired magician who insists on performing tricks for them at every pit stop and a conspiracy theorist who believes aliens are responsible for all their misfortunes.

Despite their best efforts to stay on track, the family finds themselves in one ridiculous situation after another. Yet, through it all, they learn to appreciate each other's quirks and realize that the journey itself is more important than the destination.

In the end, they may not have found the perfect vacation spot, but they've certainly found plenty of laughs and memories to last a lifetime. And maybe, just maybe, they've discovered that being a "good man" (or woman) isn't about perfection but about embracing the chaos of life with a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 16May 8, 2024 7:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!