Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

TV show families that resembled each other and those that did not.

Lauren Ambrose and Francis O’Connor on Six Feet Under resembled each other. Peter Krause and Michael Hall not so much. Richard Jenkins and Michael Hall did a bit.

by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2024 10:47 PM

Any other examples.

by Anonymousreply 1May 8, 2024 4:38 AM

Malcolm in the Middle. They had excellent chemistry as a group but I never thought Malcolm and his brothers looked related.

by Anonymousreply 2May 8, 2024 5:39 AM

Francis O'Connor, OP?? I believe you mean Frances Conroy.

by Anonymousreply 3May 8, 2024 5:40 AM

None of the Cosby kids looked like Bill Cosby

by Anonymousreply 4May 8, 2024 5:40 AM

R3 - Yikes. Yes, I meant Conroy.

by Anonymousreply 5May 8, 2024 6:33 AM

And did you also mean FRANCES? ("Francis" is a man's name.)

by Anonymousreply 6May 8, 2024 1:35 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 7May 8, 2024 3:57 PM

David Hyde Pierce, Kelsey Grammer, and John Mahoney on Frasier really looked related.

Sally Struthers looked like she could be Carroll O'Connor's daughter on All in the Family.

by Anonymousreply 8May 8, 2024 5:46 PM

Dorothy's son Michael on The Golden Girls.

by Anonymousreply 9May 8, 2024 5:49 PM

The Drummonds. Willis and Kimberley were two peas in a pod.

by Anonymousreply 10May 8, 2024 6:19 PM

Deidre and Blanche on Coronation Street.

by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2024 7:13 PM

Don't forget Patricia Clarkson as the aunt on Six Feet Under. Great casting there.

by Anonymousreply 12May 8, 2024 7:15 PM

Morticia and Wednesday Addams were believeable as mother and daughter.

by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2024 7:37 PM

The Bradys on “Days of Our Lives” in the 80s. Roman, Bo, Kimberly and Kayla did not all fall out of the same womb. The writers used to resort to clunky, “Hey big sis!” “ Hey little brother!” dialogue.

The Snyders on “As the World Turns” however, were written well enough and did seem to superficially resemble one another. Caleb and Iva especially.

by Anonymousreply 14May 8, 2024 7:51 PM

I know most fans prefer Pamela Sue Martin as Fallon on Dynasty, but Emma Samms looked more like she could be Joan Collins's daughter.

Valerie Harper and Julie Kavner were believable as biological sisters on Rhoda and had terrific chemistry with their onscreen parents, though it's unlikely Nancy Walker and Harold Gould would have a daughter as tall as Kavner.

Meredith Baxter wrote in her memoir that she thought her children on Family Ties were mismatched physically -- they did not resemble each other or the parents on the show.

by Anonymousreply 15May 8, 2024 7:55 PM

They didn't resemble each other on One Day at a Time

by Anonymousreply 16May 8, 2024 8:01 PM

Buffy, Jodi and Cissy.

by Anonymousreply 17May 8, 2024 8:06 PM

[quote]And did you also mean FRANCES? ("Francis" is a man's name.)

Don't be silly, that's the plural for France.

by Anonymousreply 18May 8, 2024 8:08 PM

The Stones

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 8, 2024 8:11 PM

I saw it in French r19. And it was called La Famille Stone.

by Anonymousreply 20May 8, 2024 8:16 PM

Always thought the dad on Donna Reed was handsome.

by Anonymousreply 21May 8, 2024 8:19 PM

R15 Emma looked like Joan.

Heather Locklear was good casting as Linda Evans’ niece.

by Anonymousreply 22May 8, 2024 9:19 PM

All of the Bradford kids on 8 is Enough looked like they came from different fathers.

by Anonymousreply 23May 8, 2024 10:00 PM

I could see Nicholas as Dick Van Patten's son. The daughter that keeps getting posted as a meme here, too.

by Anonymousreply 24May 8, 2024 10:31 PM

Little House on the Prairie:

None of the Ingalls girls looked like their parents or each other.

Nellie and Willie Oleson didn't resemble reach other or their parents. Maybe Willie resembled Harriet a tiny bit being dark haired but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 25May 8, 2024 10:42 PM

the Kings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 8, 2024 10:44 PM

The Crawley sisters on Downton Abbey didn't resemble each other or their parents. Quite a potpourri looks wise.

Edith was a red head like her Aunt Rosamund and when Edith was pregnant I thought there would be a plot twist and Edith would tun out to be Rosamund's daughter she had to give Robert and Cora to raise since she made a mistake like Edith. But they didn't go there. Julian Fellowes was too busy recycling the same stories to do anything different.

by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2024 10:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!