Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Golden Gate Bridge survivors speak

Instant regret.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2024 10:25 PM

I do believe that there are many who attempt suicide and have instant regret as so as they take that first step. We'll never know what the ratio of the regret actually is, but I'm sure it's not a small percentage.

by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2024 10:08 PM

As they say, suicide is a permanent solution to an often temporary problem.

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2024 10:12 PM

When I was 16, I went in-patient for a month for severe depression. (This was pre-SSRI days). I had a conversation with one of my therapists, the prescribing psychiatrist, who told me of a conversation he himself had had with a fireman who had been to many suicide jumps. (I think this was one my psychiatrist's mind because he himself had lost a couple of clients to suicide, and he was telling me this because I myself was suicidal with thoughts of a particular bridge). Anyway, the question he'd asked the fireman, if I remember correctly, was whether anything struck him about the events, any commonalities. And the answer was, yeah, they all yelled "shit!" on the way down.

or maybe it was, "fuck!"

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2024 10:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!