Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taylor Swift Is First Artist to Get One Billion Streams on Spotify in a Single Week

Spotify announced Wednesday that Taylor Swift‘s “The Tortured Poets Department” has become the first album in the app’s history to pick up a billion streams in a single week. And it did that with still a couple of days left to go in the seven-day period in question.

The previous high-water mark for most album streams in a week belonged to Swift’s last all-new release, “Midnights,” in October 2022. Spotify did not release a specific figure when it announced at the time that “Midnights” had broken the record, but observers adding the numbers through publicly available Spotify data at the time estimated the figure to be in the 700,000s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 9, 2024 1:37 AM

Get her off my playlist!

by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2024 9:35 PM

Because she is pushed on every playlist. Streaming is such BULLSHIT. She gets pushed on me constantly no matter what streaming service I am using.

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2024 9:37 PM

She’s what in the writing world would be called a hack. She also included about sixty tracks on her new album just to up her numbers. The empress has no clothes.

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2024 9:38 PM

Whatever she's doing - it's working.

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2024 9:40 PM

She’s like the musical version of a flu epidemic.

by Anonymousreply 5May 8, 2024 12:21 AM

R3 so true. She’s the best example of it.

by Anonymousreply 6May 8, 2024 12:48 AM

Is she trying for a Sylvia Plath vibe in that picture?

by Anonymousreply 7May 8, 2024 1:28 AM

Damn, she’s ugly. Worse even, she’s plain. So very plain.

by Anonymousreply 8May 8, 2024 1:33 AM

Does anyone know how to get vomit out of a raw silk shirt?

by Anonymousreply 9May 8, 2024 1:35 AM

Beyonce must be a bit jealous - no ?

by Anonymousreply 10May 8, 2024 11:56 AM

R8 Vanilla yogurt is more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2024 12:32 PM

1,000,000, 000 + streams for an album especially when never done before is the sign that someone’s career has peeked and is on the down slide.

It’s a sign of how unpopular she is.

by Anonymousreply 12May 8, 2024 12:41 PM

R10 No, I don’t think so. She gets plenty of ink and awards. Taylor is playing it safe, and gaming the system as many have pointed out in this thread. It is very easy to manipulate streaming and Taylor has a ruthless team who will ruin you if he gets a bad review. I’d love to see how she would have done in the 80s under way different rules, way more competition, where females didn’t have it easy. She’d have done well, for sure, but Madonna well? Or even Whitney well? Or Tina well?

by Anonymousreply 13May 9, 2024 1:29 AM

She has the Vadge fans shaking their walkers so she must be doing something right.

Some artists can still get people to listen to their new music.

by Anonymousreply 14May 9, 2024 1:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!