Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is the post Baby Boomer world going to look like?

It's a coming.

Gen X and Millennials better prepare.

by Anonymousreply 53May 8, 2024 1:41 AM

All of their money will disappear into nursing homes.

by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2024 12:59 PM

Can't get any worse than this.

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2024 1:18 PM

A train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2024 1:21 PM

Can’t come fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2024 1:25 PM

Fuck them.

Older millennials are the children of Baby Boomers and we know what's up. We know all their tricks.

by Anonymousreply 5May 7, 2024 1:39 PM

Older millennials will decide the next 40 years.

Not the younger millennials or "Zillennials."

by Anonymousreply 6May 7, 2024 1:41 PM

Venezuela has the largest unexploited oil reserves in the world under its soil. About ten years ago I read that at the world’s then-current rate of use, that supply would last 234 years.

Those of us alive now are getting out just in time. Maybe the generations that succeed us will live in a world that’s all-electric or maybe a brand-new stone age will develop but I think they can expect some pretty hideous wars, floods, and famines. Not to mention over-population.

by Anonymousreply 7May 7, 2024 1:52 PM

Older Millennials are primed and ready.

by Anonymousreply 8May 7, 2024 2:04 PM

Really? They all seem to simply want succulents and to pay their rent.

by Anonymousreply 9May 7, 2024 2:06 PM

R9, younger millennials rocked the first 40 years of our generation.

Harry Potter. Skinny Jeans. Emo. Scene.

Now it's the older millennials' turn.

And we have a VERY different vibe.

by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2024 2:11 PM

And you better watch the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 11May 7, 2024 2:13 PM

The six "older millennial" posts above are all by the same person. Another loon.

by Anonymousreply 12May 7, 2024 2:17 PM

R12 is the same British anti-trans and anti-Palestinian POS who keeps flooding this board with her deranged rhetoric. FF that scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 13May 7, 2024 2:19 PM

What, R12. Cunt?

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2024 2:19 PM

Are you a baby boomer or a Gen X, R12.

Let's swing at each other.

by Anonymousreply 15May 7, 2024 2:21 PM

The two retard generations, Boomers and GenX,can't imagine a world without themselves in the center of it all.

by Anonymousreply 16May 7, 2024 2:50 PM

It will look something like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2024 3:00 PM

Millennials now get to sit in the catbird seat.

The Baby Boomere and Gen X? Elderly.

Gen Z and Gen Alpha? Children.

by Anonymousreply 18May 7, 2024 3:10 PM

GenX and millennials should prepare to get blamed for the state of the world by younger generations.

by Anonymousreply 19May 7, 2024 3:27 PM

Gen X is sandwiched between the bat shit others, we are all tired of this and we don't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 20May 7, 2024 4:02 PM

It'll be just fine.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 7, 2024 4:21 PM

lol. The last thing I’m worried about is millennials.

by Anonymousreply 22May 7, 2024 4:37 PM

R13, I'm not British. I'm anti-Hamas, not anti-Palestinian. You're closest with anti-trans, but that's really only when it impacts other people. Chop off your balls all you want.

But I was right about all those posts being by the same deranged person.

by Anonymousreply 23May 7, 2024 5:16 PM

R15, I'm also a millennial. None of these responses to my post get to the fact that it was the same "older millennial" making all those posts. Ciao.

by Anonymousreply 24May 7, 2024 5:18 PM

I already know how to use a toilet

by Anonymousreply 25May 7, 2024 5:36 PM

Very glad I’ll miss it. A sea of pasty, blue haired gamers with anorexia, no sex drive, shaved crotches, and personality disorders is a hellscape I don’t wish to see.

by Anonymousreply 26May 7, 2024 6:55 PM

One day at a time!!

by Anonymousreply 27May 7, 2024 6:58 PM

The Death of Melody

by Anonymousreply 28May 7, 2024 7:22 PM

Why should I care?

by Anonymousreply 29May 7, 2024 7:40 PM

In this US: like Canada.

Millennials are already turning more conservative and jaded with age (see the Millenials sub on Reddit). They will follow suit with GenX's standards for social and professional behavior.

GenZ will be on lifetime disability. Addicted to whatever pills and potions. Lost generation.

BUT back to the Canada part: Indians will be operating this country. They will be the only group with a work ethic to get what Americans can't / won't do (like in Canada). I say operate but not run because racism will kick in (like in Canada as well).

by Anonymousreply 30May 7, 2024 7:58 PM

[quote] Gen X is sandwiched between the bat shit others,

What you should be worried about is your stupid useless generation storming the Capitol and voting for Trump.

Cunt.

Xoxo,

A millennial

by Anonymousreply 31May 7, 2024 9:55 PM

But what was that again, Generation TED CRUZ?

by Anonymousreply 32May 7, 2024 9:57 PM

Millennials must absolutely take the reins away from bootlicker Gen X.

by Anonymousreply 33May 7, 2024 9:59 PM

[quote]The Death of Melody

We're still trying to get over the death of Melanie.

by Anonymousreply 34May 7, 2024 10:24 PM

[quote]Older millennials are the children of Baby Boomers and we know what's up.

Younger Gen Xers are also the children of Baby Boomers.

by Anonymousreply 35May 7, 2024 10:41 PM

The world is going to be just fine. The comments here are typical of a bunch of old farts (I'm no spring chicken but I'm not hopelessly pessimistic or angry at the young either). I heard my grandmother make similar statements 60 years ago and the world hasn't gotten worse or better, it's just different. Or do you really think we're worse than the Middle Ages, or slavery?

Don't worry, youngsters, you'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 36May 7, 2024 10:49 PM

[quote]About ten years ago I read that at the world’s then-current rate of use, that supply would last 234 years

This is honestly plenty of time. Think about the state of electric cars ten years ago vs. now. My snowblower, leaf blower, and lawn mower are all electric.

I think for a while (maybe a long while) we will end up using nuclear more than people would like, but I think humanity will be fine without oil.

There are some use cases, like planes and ships, that I wonder how we will ever get away from fuel, but hopefully they can be made to use fuel other than petrol based.

by Anonymousreply 37May 7, 2024 11:01 PM

Gen X thinks they're going to be in charge but they're only going to be the elderly figurehead who gets wheeled out every great once in awhile.

They will dementedly talk about Courtney Love and show their snatch before the orderlies wheel them away.

by Anonymousreply 38May 7, 2024 11:05 PM

There's no evidence that millennials are becoming more conservative, r30. American conservative politicians are hostile to democracy because their base is dying and the age group that are coming into adulthood (millennials and Gen Z) hate everything they stand for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 7, 2024 11:09 PM

Younger, aging Baby Boomers…

by Anonymousreply 40May 8, 2024 12:05 AM

[quote] and the age group that are coming into adulthood (millennials and Gen Z) hate everything they stand for.

Older millennials don't.

by Anonymousreply 41May 8, 2024 12:44 AM

Another useless generational warfare thread from the shit-stirring - and very lonely - OP.

by Anonymousreply 42May 8, 2024 12:53 AM

R42: I'm pretty sure that both Baby Boomers and GEN X had a grand ol time shitting on millennials, for oh, something like 15 years?

And now the cannon is aimed at them.

And they can't stand it!!

by Anonymousreply 43May 8, 2024 1:00 AM

All the wealth will go to paying the national debt that is what is left that doesn't go to Costco or wall mart, facebook or google shareholders. Look to Mexico and maybe Haiti for the future of the west. Its a fuck the rubes situation.

by Anonymousreply 44May 8, 2024 1:02 AM

But now they both want the generational conversation to end for some unknown reason?

Why?

by Anonymousreply 45May 8, 2024 1:05 AM

I’m an older millennial and I’m so glad I’m gay because I’ve never felt pressure to have children. I see people my age (friends, colleagues, cousins even) who seem ecstatic whenever a pregnancy happens. We are one or two generations away from catastrophic sea level rise, wars fought over oil shortages, and probably the end of the shebang will be wars over water shortages. Maybe it’s selfish, but I’m appalled by the idea that my great grandchildren would be living in a world that’s devolving into Mad Max territory.

by Anonymousreply 46May 8, 2024 1:05 AM

[quote] I'm pretty sure that both Baby Boomers and GEN X had a grand ol time shitting on millennials, for oh, something like 15 years?

And now the cannon is aimed at them.

And they can't stand it!!

I don’t think anyone really thinks about it that much, Skippy. I don’t know anyone from either “generation” you malign vaguely interested or even mildly paying attention to such nonsense. There’s more interesting things to do.

OP seems to be seeking some meaning or attention that he’s not getting in the real world. And he’s very unhappy. So he makes up various generational warfare threads to prop up his dysfunctional esteem, trying to manipulate others into silly carping with each other.

Which has nothing to do with your generation, btw. You, specifically, just seem like a real loser.

So sorry for your situation.

I wish you better, happier days.

by Anonymousreply 47May 8, 2024 1:17 AM

No, R47.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. Do you want me to bump the thousands of threads where both Boomer and Gen X DLers shit on millennials?

I don't think you do.

But have fun in your twilight dotard years.

You have more than earned your contempt from younger people.

by Anonymousreply 48May 8, 2024 1:26 AM

But I'm sure you don't care!

Both your generations are soooooooooo tough.

by Anonymousreply 49May 8, 2024 1:28 AM

They wrought Trump on us as their final middle finger to the culture. I’m mostly glad that he, as they, will be dead soon. Unfortunately the bell can’t be un-rung though, and this will be what their generation are most remembered for in the history books — not Woodstock or the fall of the Soviet Union — but Trump and Newt Gingrich and Clarence Thomas and the puzzling renewed support for communist dictatorships and the total erosion of civility and forward progress in this country.

by Anonymousreply 50May 8, 2024 1:28 AM

[quote] They wrought Trump on us as their final middle finger to the culture. I’

Who? Gen X? They're Trump's most loyal base.

But then those motherfuckers go on Facebook and act like we're the problem.

Fuck Gen X

by Anonymousreply 51May 8, 2024 1:32 AM

[quote] But I'm sure you don't care! Both your generations are soooooooooo tough.

🥱

by Anonymousreply 52May 8, 2024 1:32 AM

[quote]But then those motherfuckers go on Facebook

Get off Facebook then grandma, that’s half of what’s causing your generation’s brain-rot.

by Anonymousreply 53May 8, 2024 1:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!