Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How do you handle being ghosted ?

I am devastated and crying for hours

by Anonymousreply 24May 7, 2024 3:33 PM

Put a hex on them

by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2024 4:15 AM

It's cruel, and it sounds like they're too mean to deserve you. It'll get better in time...

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2024 4:21 AM

Evil fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2024 4:39 AM

I ghost them back! It’s a Mexican ghost standoff!

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2024 4:42 AM

What did you do? Be honest.

by Anonymousreply 5May 7, 2024 4:45 AM

Well there's a range of reactions you can go for. Anywhere from getting over it with time, to kidnapping a beloved pet or relative and mailing pieces of them back. It all depends on you individually OP.

by Anonymousreply 6May 7, 2024 4:45 AM

I just grow up and move on.

by Anonymousreply 7May 7, 2024 4:46 AM

I consider it a useful indicator. You lost nothing.

by Anonymousreply 8May 7, 2024 4:50 AM

I am distraught and VOW to practice celibacy for the remainder of my natural life.

by Anonymousreply 9May 7, 2024 4:57 AM

Take care of yourself OP. I recently met someone locally by different means than dating apps, actually just through my virtual work. Come to find out after he lied to me about who he was as a person, I found out on Twitter he was a groomer. He had tried telling me about people slandering him on there, but I realized when I said something he didn't like, and pretty much ghosted me, then vanished, I realized he was a piece of no good shit. The people going after him were real. The internet is NO place to find love. Not at all.

I've been single for almost three years and honestly still not ready for another relationship. This guy was just another put-on. Nothing lost, nothing gained. Besides, he wasn't even that attractive. My ex was supermodel-level handsome so he's quite difficult to surpass...

OP, consider it a blessing this person vanished and went away before possibly things went too far. Be good to yourself. Have a favorite meal, put on your favorite music, call up some friends... It's okay to compensate yourself and rebuild yourself after these happenings. Time is the only thing that will get you to a better place mentally. You deserve good things and sending healing vibes to you.

by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2024 5:00 AM

Show at their work wearing a wedding dress with mascara streaming down my face.

by Anonymousreply 11May 7, 2024 5:01 AM

There's nothing a tub of ice cream couldn't fix, OP.

by Anonymousreply 12May 7, 2024 5:12 AM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 13May 7, 2024 5:14 AM

The only way through it is through the 6 stages of grief. denial, Anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance, revenge.

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2024 5:19 AM

DLers hate ghosting. I've ghosted and been ghosted. It's sad, but I prefer that to going tit-for-tat or having an endless airing of grievances. I'm not saying that these 2 approaches are the only ways.

by Anonymousreply 15May 7, 2024 6:00 AM

Of course it hurts. It's ok for it to hurt. But don't let it stay with you. Realize that if that is the way he handles his feelings and breakups he's not the right one for you. Move on and find someone not afraid to communicate. Hug.

by Anonymousreply 16May 7, 2024 6:05 AM

I've never been ghosted. I just got dumped for the first time in my life at 40 years old, but he was very kind about it.

by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2024 6:53 AM

My one time boyfriend was notorious for ghosting people. I saw him do it many times when we were an item and I told him it was not nice, especially as he claimed to be a deeply spiritual person. Yeah, right. Of course after we broke up he did it to me too. Now I hear he is a therapist. I have to laugh.

by Anonymousreply 18May 7, 2024 7:37 AM

Be a whore!

by Anonymousreply 19May 7, 2024 8:05 AM

Put one foot in front of the other, until you've moved on and gotten over it.

You can do it, man. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for!

by Anonymousreply 20May 7, 2024 10:42 AM

It shows cowardice and total lack of decency. There may still be empathy in him, but not enough to give him the guts to be a stand up guy. Is he OK with having that done to him? Prick.

by Anonymousreply 21May 7, 2024 11:12 AM

With time you will see it was the universe doing you a favor. And living well is the best revenge so do something to make your life better, dont focus on them.

Oh and when he/she/they inevitably come back, punch and delete

by Anonymousreply 22May 7, 2024 11:17 AM

Try to surround yourself with grown ups who actually know how to have conversations.

by Anonymousreply 23May 7, 2024 11:28 AM

Punch him in the face and delete him from your cellphone.

by Anonymousreply 24May 7, 2024 3:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!