Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bernard Polite tries to shoot Pastor Glenn Germany during Philadelphia church livestream

NORTH BRADDOCK, Pa. (KDKA) -- A church service in North Braddock, Pennsylvania, was upended Sunday when a man pulled a gun on the pastor in the middle of his sermon. The incident was caught on video.

Pennsylvania State Police have charged 26-year-old Bernard Polite of Braddock, saying he entered and attempted to shoot Pastor Glenn Germany while the pastor was delivering a sermon at Jesus' Dwelling Place Church on Sunday just after 1 p.m.

Video taken by the church's deacon and posted online by Pastor Glenn Germany shows the moment the pastor suddenly found himself staring down the barrel of a gun.

"I was like, this is not happening," Pastor Germany said.

Yet somehow, it was, but no shot was fired. The gun failed to discharge, police said.

"I thank God because only God stopped and jammed this gun," Germany said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2024 3:37 AM

That wasn't very polite, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2024 3:15 AM

“I was like, this is not happening”. Even pastors speak like Valley Girls these days.

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2024 3:16 AM

God told him to do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2024 3:18 AM

If only god stopped and jammed the gun do we get to blame god for all the times that he didn’t jam the guns of multiple elementary school shooters?

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2024 3:18 AM

Usually this would hint the Rev was gallivanting with some ladies of the congregation

by Anonymousreply 5May 7, 2024 3:27 AM

If only Jesus Christ on a crucifix had an AK-47, this entire ordeal could've been avoided!

by Anonymousreply 6May 7, 2024 3:28 AM

"I thank God because only God stopped and jammed this gun," Germany said.

This is why I hate organized religion and its followers. I want an explanation as to why "god" didn't jam the gun in all those schools, etc.

by Anonymousreply 7May 7, 2024 3:28 AM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 8May 7, 2024 3:29 AM

This took place about five hours drive away from Philadelphia, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9May 7, 2024 3:32 AM

Have you seen the pastor? He was gaylavanting with the men, r5.

by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2024 3:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!