Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

These 50 cities have the highest STI rates in the US

While HIV transmission has eased somewhat, rates of chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis have rocketed. Gay men are disproportionately impacted.

The worst place for STIs, perhaps surprisingly is Philadelphia. One in 65 residents were diagnosed with an infection in 2022 in the city of brotherly love.

This was followed by Memphis (TN), Jackson (MI) and New Orleans, LA. St. Louis (MO), rounded off the top five.

In terms of gay hotspots, San Francisco (CA) came in eighth place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 9, 2024 8:29 PM

Dirty south!

by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2024 12:41 AM

Philadelphia is finally number one at SOMETHING 😄😉

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2024 12:42 AM

The northeast / New England is not in the top 50 - good news !

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2024 12:59 AM

I expected Texans to be more disease ridden

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2024 1:02 AM

[quote] Philadelphia, Memphis (TN), Jackson (MI) and New Orleans, LA. St. Louis (MO),

I wonder what do these cities have in common

by Anonymousreply 5May 7, 2024 1:21 AM

Large POC populations.

by Anonymousreply 6May 7, 2024 1:29 AM

No , CHURCH

by Anonymousreply 7May 7, 2024 2:40 AM

Baton Rouge is weird. It's not a very metropolitan area, so I kind of agree with r6. Except for the LSU whores and drug addicts.

by Anonymousreply 8May 7, 2024 2:50 AM

Phillywhore, care to comment?

by Anonymousreply 9May 7, 2024 3:03 AM

It's not about cities. It is about demographics.

The CDC 2020:

"In 2018, African Americans/Blacks accounted for 42% of the 37,968 new HIV diagnoses in the United States"

"The rate of reported chlamydia cases among Black males was 6.8 times the rate among White males"

"Among males aged 15–19 years, the rate of reported chlamydia cases among Blacks was 9.1 times the rate among Whites"

"In 2018, the overall rate of reported gonorrhea cases among Blacks in the United States was 7.7 times the rate among Whites."

"In 2018, 34.7% of reported P&S syphilis cases with known race/Hispanic ethnicity information occurred among Blacks.:"

"From 2014 to 2018, the rate of reported congenital syphilis increased 126.7% among Blacks. In 2018, the rate of reported cases of congenital syphilis among Blacks was 6.4 times the rate among Whites"

"In 2018, 87% of all reported TB cases occurred in racial and ethnic minorities."

by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2024 3:15 AM

Condoms are racist

by Anonymousreply 11May 7, 2024 3:21 AM

I mean it makes sense. Black men are more sexually active than white men. It’s easier for them to get laid. White men are also more likely to be socially awkward.

White men are statistically more likely to suffer from limp dick over black men.

by Anonymousreply 12May 7, 2024 3:36 AM

Baton Rouge infections are iv drug use primarily, gay is very secondary I hear. And yes it's high in the black population, because they're at the financial bottom of the pack.

by Anonymousreply 13May 7, 2024 5:31 PM

I can't believe Chicago isn't on that list. I don't buy it.

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2024 6:32 PM

Well this is what happens when we tell our sons that circumcision prevents stds. It gives them all a false sense of security and they all raw dogging each other. Thank you Dr Kellog.

by Anonymousreply 15May 7, 2024 6:35 PM

I can't believe The Villages, FL isn't on the list!

Maybe it doesn't count as a "city."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 7, 2024 6:40 PM

Queerty needs to learn state abbreviations. Last I checked, MI is Michigan not Mississippi.

by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2024 7:43 PM

Some of these small cities are interesting. Lack of education, lack of STD awareness, religion driving people into denial, conservatism suggesting only fags and liberals get STDs.

by Anonymousreply 18May 7, 2024 7:50 PM

R10

POC and Gay men POC and Gay men

Based on my first hand observations I thought this is who gets STDs in the US.

by Anonymousreply 19May 7, 2024 8:01 PM

R16

Did you read the article you posted? The whole Village thing is BS

by Anonymousreply 20May 7, 2024 8:05 PM

[quote]I mean it makes sense. Black men are more sexually active than white men.

And dumber. You don't need to be a genius to wear a condom.

by Anonymousreply 21May 7, 2024 8:46 PM

STI?

by Anonymousreply 22May 7, 2024 8:50 PM

Sexual transmitted interest rate R22

by Anonymousreply 23May 7, 2024 8:50 PM

My city has a rank on here one half of their population ranking. That must mean the town is full of whores.

by Anonymousreply 24May 7, 2024 9:14 PM

Los Angeles is near the bottom, which is surprising because you know we are a bunch of Hos up here in Ho-Wood.

by Anonymousreply 25May 7, 2024 9:19 PM

R25 I think in LA it is like with the black death. The disease died out because the people died with it.

by Anonymousreply 26May 7, 2024 9:27 PM

[quote]Los Angeles is near the bottom, which is surprising because you know we are a bunch of Hos up here in Ho-Wood.

LA doesn’t have a large population of blacks like the other cities named.

by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2024 1:23 AM

Baltimore and DC not in top 10? Something is amiss.

by Anonymousreply 28May 8, 2024 1:45 AM

Doesn't Philly have that street where they all just shoot up in the open? Is it possible to get gonorrhea, chlamydia etc from dirty needles?

by Anonymousreply 29May 8, 2024 4:02 AM

I’m not surprised. In my salad days, I caught a bad case of crabs from a nasty boy in Philadelphia.

by Anonymousreply 30May 8, 2024 4:17 AM

[quote]Black men are more sexually active than white men.

Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 31May 8, 2024 7:35 AM

Baltimore was a non reporter for this list. I would guess DC was as well they would have ranked very high,

by Anonymousreply 32May 8, 2024 9:39 AM

Damn my Atlanta brethren have lost their touch. We're at #37. I remember back in the 60s-70s when we enjoyed the title of "VD capital of the nation". I guess it was all those dirty hippies we had back then. You couldn't even drive down Peachtree St. through midtown for the tens of thousands of those creatures blocking the street.

by Anonymousreply 33May 8, 2024 9:45 AM

[quote]LA doesn’t have a large population of blacks like the other cities named.

I was surprised to learn that the black population in all of California is only 6%.

by Anonymousreply 34May 8, 2024 9:51 AM

[quote] I was surprised to learn that the black population in all of California is only 6%.

They're being crowded out by the Mexicans, like in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 35May 8, 2024 9:58 AM

I have read that black men also have much higher percentage of bisexual behavior than white men.

by Anonymousreply 36May 8, 2024 9:58 AM

R36

NIH published a study from 8-9 years ago. In the 6-8 population areas they looked at white men had a significant level of bi activity far in excess of the black men. It was not at all close.

But black men do like msm or gay men have a significant increase in substance abuse, homelessness, mental health issues, domestic violence , etc etc that the larger population of men do not. But white males lead in bi activity by a large margin.

It’s an easy study to find with a search.

by Anonymousreply 37May 8, 2024 10:41 AM

R37 it is not hard to conclude that more white men come from liberal background that will easier acknkwledge their bisexuality.

African American down low men are straight identifying and will acknowledge being bisexual.

In fact, until black women started being infected at rates 20 times as many as white women, down low culture was well hidden secret in black community.

by Anonymousreply 38May 8, 2024 11:14 AM

I meant AA down low men will not acknowledge being bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 39May 8, 2024 11:15 AM

[quote]I can't believe Chicago isn't on that list. I don't buy it.

well, they've shot and killed about a third of 'em.

by Anonymousreply 40May 8, 2024 11:20 AM

You don't have to be medical expert to conclude that demogrsphics which are infected with HIV at unproportionally high rates, beside other factors, have more male on male sexual activity R37. Just use your own brain and logic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 8, 2024 11:25 AM

They love to pathologize the sexual behavior of non white peoples, as if there are no white men on the downlow. Some of you make me sick.

by Anonymousreply 42May 8, 2024 2:16 PM

Speaking of California, there was a black guy in a motorcycle group I rode with years ago who used to say, "I'm not black -- I'm [italic]California[/italic] black."

That always made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 43May 8, 2024 2:33 PM

[quote] It's not about cities. It is about demographics.

[quote]The CDC 2020:

[quote]"In 2018, African Americans/Blacks accounted for 42% of the 37,968 new HIV diagnoses in the United States"

Imagine being Defacto and having nothing in your life other than coming to datalounge and making every topic about your hatred for black people.

Isn’t it interesting that he didn’t mention that the worst cities are overwhelmingly in red states with shitty sex ed and no resources.

by Anonymousreply 44May 8, 2024 2:38 PM

Unfortunately the sex ed lessons are written in cursive

by Anonymousreply 45May 8, 2024 2:40 PM

People are always trying to fuck strangers raw I’m surprised it’s not higher everywhere

by Anonymousreply 46May 8, 2024 2:47 PM

[quote]Imagine being Defacto and having nothing in your life other than coming to datalounge and making every topic about your hatred for black people.

I don't know who this Defect person is you keep blabbing about.

Furthermore: quoting facts from the Center for Disease Control is about hatred for black people? If you have a problem with those statistics, take it up with them.

[quoteIsn’t it interesting that he didn’t mention that the worst cities are overwhelmingly in red states with shitty sex ed and no resources.

Philadelphia at number #1 is red?

by Anonymousreply 47May 8, 2024 3:26 PM

^ Sorry for the typos....was rushing.

by Anonymousreply 48May 8, 2024 3:27 PM

Look girlies, the topic of this thread is STDs and the public health data show that black men ( and unfortunatelly black women) make extremely large part of statistics. Can you accuse facts of being racist?

by Anonymousreply 49May 8, 2024 3:31 PM

[quote] Can you accuse facts of being racist?

Every day and twice on Sunday

by Anonymousreply 50May 8, 2024 3:36 PM

The perfect storm for a STD or HIV in the US is being a gay man , a black gay male, a black gay man who is homeless, and who is exchanging sex for drugs.

All four risk factors are very high on the high risk list for STDs and HV and when combined into one person it’s a perfect storm.

by Anonymousreply 51May 8, 2024 4:04 PM

In other words, think before you put it in your stink.

by Anonymousreply 52May 8, 2024 4:08 PM

And what is the hardest thing for a straight man from the suburbs to get from a female street walker in any major city in the US.

A BBBJ. Don’t even think of asking to fuck those street workers without a condom . A handjob without gloves that is on the menu. Yes exceptions happen but as a rule these straight hobbiests who frequent street workers understand that condoms are a must. The gals will insist.

Same thing in the Amsterdam red light districts. Everything is covered and STDs being passed just does not happen.

by Anonymousreply 53May 8, 2024 4:17 PM

I’m not trusting any government statistics on people of color. They make a habit out of lying about us. And some of you are getting your rocks off spouting off these so called stats. You won’t believe any positive news on minorities, especially black Americans. But some of you love wallowing in your ignorance and hatred.

by Anonymousreply 54May 8, 2024 4:35 PM

R54 if they are lying about the POC it is to cover up make data more politically correct, so you can expect that data are even worse.

You know that, but you just had to show how you are better and morally superior to the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 55May 8, 2024 4:42 PM

Because r55 I am morally superior to you, you pitiful alt right queen.

by Anonymousreply 56May 8, 2024 4:45 PM

^ The one who is ignorant is you.

Meet the Chief Operating Officer of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 8, 2024 4:48 PM

R54

Good for you. Everyone today is entitled to their own truth and their own facts. And it’s best to think that any facts not agreeing with your world view are no doubt wrong.

by Anonymousreply 58May 8, 2024 4:48 PM

Black people are more likely to be poor. Fucking is one thing that's free. Until you get diseased. Then you pay dearly. Wrap up that dark meat, fellas.

by Anonymousreply 59May 8, 2024 4:49 PM

R57 he works for the government. Whose truth is he telling?

by Anonymousreply 60May 8, 2024 4:49 PM

R60 It's all a conspiracy. All a conspiracy!

by Anonymousreply 61May 8, 2024 5:04 PM

Lizard men making false accusation that R54 is STIs ridden.

by Anonymousreply 62May 9, 2024 6:55 AM

R44 No resources? Are condoms banned in red states?

by Anonymousreply 63May 9, 2024 8:58 AM

This is one strange look at STD rates especially since it’s based on CDC data because CDC collects STD data on the entire country.

In this article No Baltimore, no DC, no Gary Indiana, no East Chicago Indiana, no East St Louis, Four or five areas that will no doubt have some of the highest STD rates in the country. Can’t remember if they listed Newark area or not.

An odd article for what they left out

by Anonymousreply 64May 9, 2024 11:30 AM

OK they did include DC but not the rest.

by Anonymousreply 65May 9, 2024 11:50 AM

I have to laugh at how out of touch "Queerty" is. They actually wrote this:

"The worst place for STIs, perhaps surprisingly is Philadelphia. One in 65 residents were diagnosed with an infection in 2022 in the city of brotherly love."

"Perhaps surprisingly"?

by Anonymousreply 66May 9, 2024 8:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!