Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Miss USA 2023 QUITS

Miss USA 2023 is stepping away from the crown.

Noelia Voigt, 24, announced May 6 in an Instagram post that she is resigning from the coveted title to focus on her mental health.

Voigt shared a lengthy message on social media with the caption, in part, "I realize this may come as a large shock to many. Never compromise your physical and mental well-being." She then thanked those for their "unwavering support."

In the text photo, Voigt shared, "In life, I strongly value the importance of making decisions that feel best for you and your mental health. As individuals, we grow through experiencing different things in life that lead us to learning more about ourselves. My journey as Miss USA has been incredibly meaningful, representing Utah with pride, and later the USA at Miss Universe. Sadly, I have made the very tough decision to resign from the title of Miss USA 2023.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 16, 2024 10:48 AM

Yaaaaasss, kween, slay!

by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2024 12:34 AM

Oh look, a totally self-absorbed Gen Z woman-baby.

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2024 12:36 AM

Exactly, R2.

My guess is that she got what she wanted out of the title, and then said "Fuck it, I'm bored."

She probably has another gig lined up.

From what I know of her, she just wanted to compete at Miss Universe, which she did last year.

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2024 12:39 AM

It was interfering with her OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2024 12:42 AM

Can't wait for the "stunning and brave" accolades from The View morons when she goes on her book tour (and she will).

by Anonymousreply 5May 7, 2024 12:47 AM

Waaaaa. More navel gazing.

by Anonymousreply 6May 7, 2024 1:19 AM

Didn't even make top 10 at Miss Universe.

by Anonymousreply 7May 7, 2024 1:39 AM

Hush, all of you! She's speaking her truth!

by Anonymousreply 8May 7, 2024 1:52 AM

It is a strain.

by Anonymousreply 9May 7, 2024 2:00 AM

Liar, liar pants on fire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2024 2:02 AM

Meanwhile. QEII left her deathbed to fulfill her public duties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 7, 2024 2:06 AM

What's funny about this is that she's the perfect Miss USA.

This is the embodiment of a 20-something American female.

She's a weak, whiny, excuse making quitter who talks a big game but just gives up at the slightest bit of struggle, citing "mental health issues and wellness."

What a load of horse shit.

by Anonymousreply 12May 7, 2024 3:07 AM

Isn't the Miss USA PAGEANT a Trump thing?

by Anonymousreply 13May 7, 2024 3:14 AM

He owned it from something like 1996 to 2006.

He sold it almost 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2024 3:16 AM

We cannot be without a leader. Who takes her place?

by Anonymousreply 15May 7, 2024 3:19 AM

Supposedly, the first runner-up takes her place if Miss USA doesn't complete her reign.

That was Miss Hawaii.

However, I've been reading that the Miss USA Organization asked her if she wanted to be Miss USA, and she said she's "considering it."

Maybe she's calling Noelia to find out what the fuck is going on.

Anyway, here's the top five from last year's Miss USA pageant. If Hawaii declines, then it keeps going down the line until one of them takes the job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 7, 2024 3:24 AM

Thanks r14

by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2024 3:40 AM

Do the Under-45s understand that terms like 'queer', 'mental health' and 'gut' are derogatory terms? Because I hear them every day.

by Anonymousreply 18May 7, 2024 3:44 AM

There is no point to accepting the title AFTER the Miss Universe competition is over - unless she gets the cash and other prizes. But, we all know that the resigning one won't have return any of the prizes.

[quote]The winner of the Miss USA pageant receives a substantial prize package, including a six-figure salary for the year, rent-free luxury condo in LA, a new car, designer clothing, skincare and haircare treatments, and exclusive event access.

Why would you bother unless you were a loser who had nothing else going on.

by Anonymousreply 19May 7, 2024 3:47 AM

What a time to put the world in to a tail spin what with all the other problems!

by Anonymousreply 20May 7, 2024 11:34 PM

Still no replacement yet?

Usually the First Runner Up has already been crowned Miss USA after a resignation.

I wonder what's going on?

by Anonymousreply 21May 7, 2024 11:43 PM

If I have to return the gifts I'll I'll KILL myself!

by Anonymousreply 22May 8, 2024 12:14 AM

[quote] If I have to return the gifts I'll I'll KILL myself!

Sorry Noelia, but it's already been done!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 8, 2024 12:47 AM

Pageant insiders are saying that it's not her mental health, but a toxic environment at the Miss USA organization.

Someone in the comments section of this youtube video posted this:

[quote] If you look closely at her statement, the first letter of each sentence spells “I AM SILENCED.” This is why her phrasing is a bit off at times. The former social media director reposted her statement with each letter circled, essentially confirming the message.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 8, 2024 11:27 AM

[quote]If you look closely at her statement, the first letter of each sentence spells “I AM SILENCED.”

It does. That is some wacky mojo.

by Anonymousreply 25May 8, 2024 3:55 PM

I remember when people cared about these pageants.

by Anonymousreply 26May 8, 2024 4:13 PM

Miss Teen USA resigned too.

Did the organizations mandate that they switch to generic hairspray?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2024 10:16 PM

[quote] Miss Teen USA 2023 UmaSofia Srivastava Resigns Just 2 Days After Miss USA Stepped Down

Miss Teen USA 2023 UmaSofia Srivastava is relinquishing her crown, less than eight months after making history by winning the title — and just two days after Miss USA 2023 Noelia Voigt announced her own resignation.

The New Jersey teen announced her decision on Instagram Wednesday, May 8, sharing that her “personal values no longer fully align with the direction of the organization.”

“After months of grappling with this decision, I have made the choice to resign from the title of Miss Teen USA 2023,” she wrote. “I am grateful for all the support from my family, my state directors, my sister queens, and the fans who have cheered me on since I won my state title. I will always look back on my time as Miss NJ Teen USA fondly, and the experience of representing my state as a first generation, Mexican-Indian American at the national level was fulfilling in itself.”

Srivastava, the author of the multilingual children’s book The White Jaguar, vowed to continue her work as an advocate for “education and acceptance” with The Lotus Petal Foundation and the Bridge of Books Foundation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 8, 2024 10:19 PM

If Miss DataLounge 2023 joins this parade of quitters, I will most certainly NOT be renewing my subscription.

by Anonymousreply 29May 8, 2024 10:28 PM

Laylah Rose took over just a couple of years ago, and she's wreaking havoc on the Miss USA Organization.

She sounds like a real bitch.

To have both titleholders quit? That's unprecedented for Miss USA.

So LR must be a nightmare to work with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 8, 2024 10:33 PM

Speaking of which, I’m still waiting for my DL Miss Congeniality sash to come in the mail, Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 31May 8, 2024 10:35 PM

[quote] Miss USA names new 2023 titleholder after former winner resigned title

The Miss USA pageant named the new 2023 titleholder as Savannah Gankiewicz, Miss Hawaii USA and the first runner-up in the 2023 Miss USA competition on Thursday, according to the pageant's Instagram page.

The announcement comes after former Miss USA Noelia Voigt announced that she would resign the title on Monday, citing mental health.

Miss USA also announced Gankiewicz will be officially crowned in her home state of Hawaii next week.

"We are proud to crown Savannah Miss USA 2023, A true representation of vision, intelligence, and compassion," read a statement from Laylah Rose, Miss USA's CEO & president, in the organization's Instagram post. "Her dedication to empowering women through self-love and confidence is inspiring, and we look forward to her impactful reign as Miss USA," the statement continued.

"To the state of Hawaii and my family and friends who have always uplifted me during this journey, it is a privilege to accept this title on behalf of you. I hope to make you all proud," wrote Gankiewicz in a separate post announcing the title.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 10, 2024 12:10 AM

I sense some under current of fucked up management at the Miss USA organization. Where are our undercover DL investigative journalists to break this story wide open.

by Anonymousreply 33May 10, 2024 1:56 AM

It's official.

I honestly thought Hawaii wouldn't take the job.

And I was hoping Wisconsin would be next in line, and say yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 10, 2024 2:06 AM

This is all so traumatizing!

by Anonymousreply 35May 10, 2024 3:20 AM

[quote]Eagle-eyed fans of the Miss USA pageant noticed something unusual about 2023 winner Noelia Voigt’s resignation statement about her mental health on Instagram.

[quote]The first letter of each sentence spelled out “I am silenced.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 10, 2024 3:03 PM

[quote]The first letter of each sentence spelled out “I am silenced.”

Maybe she's a lesbian, or even trans (gasp!) and the pageant is telling her to stay in da closet

by Anonymousreply 37May 10, 2024 4:02 PM

R36 The Daily Fail runs it too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 10, 2024 7:46 PM

The more people talk about mental health, the worse it seems to get

by Anonymousreply 39May 10, 2024 7:51 PM

I was recently at an event where several Miss America contestants were present. They all had massive hair and about 20 layers of makeup. It looked like something from the 1980s. I can’t believe these pageants still exist in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 40May 10, 2024 7:57 PM

'I hope she gets hit with a baseball'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 10, 2024 8:26 PM

Quitters!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 42May 10, 2024 9:07 PM

Ha r42. She's such a fixture on METV I wish I knew more about her private live. In the 70s she was often the celebrity guest on Canadian game shows, giggling and appearing a bit stoned, but never embarrassing and always up for the game.

So beautiful for so long, like Maureen O'Hara.

Never a big star but likeable. Maybe I don't want a biography to shatter my image of her.

by Anonymousreply 43May 10, 2024 9:40 PM

Just shoot a dog and some farm animals, honey. You could be the next governor of shithole South Dakota.

by Anonymousreply 44May 10, 2024 9:44 PM

Lee is 88 and still with us!

by Anonymousreply 45May 10, 2024 9:48 PM

Be best.

by Anonymousreply 46May 10, 2024 9:51 PM

Beauty Queens are fossils clinging to a long ago dismissed era of what it is to be a woman.

by Anonymousreply 47May 10, 2024 10:39 PM

[quote] Former Miss USA employees describe 'living in fear' dealing with leadership's 'bullying and harassment'

Former members of the Miss USA Organization blasted its leadership this week, claiming president and CEO Laylah Rose created a toxic work environment that is responsible for the high-profile exodus at the organization behind one of the country’s longest-running pageants.

Noelia Voigt, who resigned as Miss USA on Monday, wrote in a scathing, eight-page resignation letter obtained by Yahoo News that the “stress, instability and lack of support” she received from Rose “greatly impacted my physical health.” Excerpts of the letter were first published by NBC News on Thursday.

“I am experiencing heart palpitations, full body shakes, loss of appetite, unintentional weight loss, loss of sleep, loss of hair and more,” she wrote.

Voigt cited Rose’s leadership style and a pattern of abusive behavior as the reasons she stepped down. A number of the accusations against Rose were corroborated to Yahoo News by former Miss USA social media director Claudia Engelhardt. (In previous reports, Engelhardt was identified by her Instagram name Claudia Michelle.)

“So-called leaders who seem to have too big of an ego, lack humility, lack self-awareness, and seem willing to lie, gaslight, manipulate, throw people under the bus to serve their narrative, and only care about their self-image alone are dangerous and cowardly and should never be allowed to be in charge of a women’s empowerment organization,” Voigt said in the letter.

The accusations about Rose come on the heels of the sudden resignations of Voigt and Miss Teen USA UmaSofia Srivastava, who stepped down two days after Voigt. Voigt did not detail these allegations in the initial social media post announcing her resignation, in which she said she values “the importance of making decisions that feel best for you and your mental health.” Internet sleuths speculated something was up after discovering the first letter of the first 11 sentences in her post spelled out “I AM SILENCED,” sparking theories it was an encoded message. Srivastava’s social post announcing her resignation said that her “personal values no longer fully align with the direction of the organization.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 11, 2024 6:57 PM

Voigt alleged in her resignation letter that the toxic work environment was “at best, poor management and, at worst, [was] bullying and harassment.” She claimed Rose was “inaccessible for communication,” which led Voigt to miss public events and feel unsafe at some of the events she was able to attend. In one example, Voigt said that because of insufficient support provided by her designated handler, she was sexually harassed at a parade in 2023.

“[I was] left alone in a car with the man who drove the car through the parade and he made several inappropriate statements to me about his desire to enter into a relationship with me,” Voigt wrote. “When I informed [Rose] of the harassment, [she said] ‘We cannot prevent people saying things to you at public appearances, it is, unfortunately, part of the role you’re in as a public figure.’”

In text messages reviewed by Yahoo News, Voigt also raises concerns about someone using the Miss USA Instagram account without her knowledge and “commenting on my behalf.” Voigt states she is “not comfortable” with the posts and asks to “further discuss safe and appropriate social media usage.”

According to Engelhardt, “internally, we all knew” it was Rose micromanaging the accounts herself, rather than consulting or working with Engelhardt as the brand’s social media director. This was not the usual practice for someone in Rose’s position, according to Engelhardt.

Engelhardt, who started as the organization’s social media director in January, also told Yahoo News that Rose would quote contract excerpts back to Voigt and Srivastava if they posted something she personally didn’t like on social media.

“They would be met with screenshots, they would be met with copy-and-paste sections of their contracts saying, ‘You’re not doing this right. You’re in breach of contract. Correct this or we’re going to withhold your salary,’” Engelhardt alleged. “You’re living in fear. It’s like, alright, if I breathe are they going to say something? Are they going to email me?”

In Voigt’s letter, she mentioned threats of her salary being withheld, saying, “It’s incredibly jarring to be trying to do my job and constantly be threatened with disciplinary action, including taking away my salary, for things that were never discussed with me and ... were causing no issue other than not meeting her personal preference.”

Voigt also alleged that Rose “attempted to slander me and defame and disparage my character” to members of the national Miss USA team. In one instance, she claimed Rose commented to someone about how she hoped Voigt would get hit in the face by a baseball when throwing out the first pitch at a game.

by Anonymousreply 49May 11, 2024 7:01 PM

Dang, sounds inherited. Must be a gene or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 11, 2024 7:19 PM

Good for her for calling these assholes out.

by Anonymousreply 51May 11, 2024 7:34 PM

I wonder if the posters taking a shit on Voigt upthread will reconsider their uninformed and misogynistic assessment and commentary after reading the resignation letter. Or at least direct their hate at Laylah Rose?

by Anonymousreply 52May 11, 2024 8:10 PM

The first runner up at Miss USA (Miss Hawaii) has decided to take the job of Miss USA.

However, the first runner up at Miss Teen USA (Miss New York) has declined the job of Miss Teen USA.

And boy, is her grammar and spelling terrible!

She wrote a post on Instagram that makes her sound like an idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 14, 2024 7:26 AM

[quote]saying she'd 'never give up' her integrity

oh honey, that shipped sailed the first minute of your first beauty pageant

by Anonymousreply 54May 14, 2024 9:03 PM

their mothers were on Good Morning America-----anyone see it?

by Anonymousreply 55May 15, 2024 3:46 AM

Here's the video, R55.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 15, 2024 5:23 AM

The new titleholder was crowned today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 16, 2024 5:29 AM

[quote] New Miss USA crowned amid ongoing turmoil at pageant

Amid a dramatic two weeks of resignations and allegations made against the Miss USA organization, Miss Hawaii USA Savannah Gankiewicz — who had originally placed as the first runner-up at the 2023 Miss USA pageant — has stepped up to be crowned Miss USA.

“While this decision was not made lightly, I firmly believe that this opportunity was meant for me and I am ready to make a positive impact with this organization that I hold dear to my heart,” said the 28-year-old, who was crowned by the governor of Hawaii Josh Green at a ceremony in Honolulu, Hawaii, on Wednesday.

“I am dedicated to taking action and making a difference. With my background as a certified mental health first aid responder and training in anti-bullying suicide prevention. I understand, the importance of prioritizing your well-being and advocating for those in need. I believe that the true change starts from within and I am determined to lead by example and empower the class of 2024 and beyond,” she said addressing a crowd in a hotel in Waikiki, a small aquarium in the background.

In her first official appearance since the controversy, Rose did not address any of the allegations. She welcomed Gankiewicz to the Miss USA family telling her to “embrace this moment of influence and let your words carry the power of positive change,” and thanked her corporate partners and sponsors for their “unwavering support.”

Rose said that this year’s Miss Teen USA and Miss USA pageants would take place in Los Angeles and would broadcast on the CW network.

The CW announced a multi-year agreement to air the two pageants in April, but in light of recent allegations, USA Today reported Monday that the network was “evaluating” its relationship with the Miss USA organization.

Though many current Miss USA state titleholders expressed their public support on Instagram following Voigt’s resignation, this week, the reigning Miss Colorado USA, Arianna Lemus, gave up her title completely.

“My values were compromised. Silencing women is not the definition of pageantry,” she told CNN Wednesday. “As a collective, the 2023 (Miss USA) class came together in solidarity with Noelia, but that wasn’t enough for me… and that’s why I resigned.”

Gankiewicz will only hold the Miss USA title for a few months this summer, until a new contestant from the 2024 class of state titleholders takes the national crown in August at the next Miss USA pageant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 16, 2024 10:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!