Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Melanie Griffith about to become one of the next Real Housewives?

Dakota Johnson isn’t joining the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (RHOBH) show, but one of her family members may be ready to join the cast.

No, not her grandmother Tippi Hedren, apparently, Johnson’s mother, Melanie Griffith, is about to join the cast, after literal years of speculation.

Per InTouch Weekly, Griffith is allegedly about to close a deal with the franchise, and is potentially about the join in on the cast soon, thanks to her close pal Kyle Richards continually trying to persuade her to join.

“Melanie’s been thinking about it for a while, and the money’s too good to turn down,” the insider said. “Bosses have been trying to lure her for years, but she was too nervous. However, in recent months, she’s gotten to know Kyle well, and Kyle’s been so nice, and that’s helped change her mind.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 7, 2024 1:18 AM

Is she that hard up for cash?

by Anonymousreply 1May 6, 2024 2:29 PM

That may be excellent tv

by Anonymousreply 2May 6, 2024 2:30 PM

She supports Tippi and she hasn't worked much lately, probably needs the money.

by Anonymousreply 3May 6, 2024 2:36 PM

It'd be more interesting if Tippi were the housewife.

I'd watch it.

by Anonymousreply 4May 6, 2024 2:44 PM

But can she make the successful transition from baby talk to vocal fry? All the world holds its breath in anticipation!

by Anonymousreply 5May 6, 2024 6:11 PM

She must have received half of whatever Banderas made during their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 6May 6, 2024 6:18 PM

An Academy Award winner for Best Actress becomes a Bravolebrity. Wow.

Show business really sucks!

by Anonymousreply 7May 6, 2024 6:27 PM

She's BFFs with Jamie Lee Curtis, who has appeared on the show a couple times. Both of their mothers were Hitchcock blondes.

I'd love to see a Melanie and Denise Richards feud on the show. I also don't think Melanie would get along with Dacelle.

by Anonymousreply 8May 6, 2024 6:29 PM

R7 and for what film did Melanie win Best Actress?

by Anonymousreply 9May 6, 2024 6:30 PM

No, this is way way beneath her...Don't do it Melanie...go into TV...sometime like those screwball comedies..or dramedy. Give Melanie an acting gig Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 10May 6, 2024 6:33 PM

Eeks.

Poor Melanie Griffith. This seems WAY beneath her. It makes me sad.

I hope the money is outrageous and she keeps the performative bitchery to a minimum - all those "housewives" are legit awful people. Makes me wonder about Melanie - "the company you keep" and all

by Anonymousreply 11May 6, 2024 6:36 PM

R9 I thought she won for Working Girl, but no... she only got the Golden Globe.

Never mind, then. Housewives might actually be too good for her!

by Anonymousreply 12May 6, 2024 9:29 PM

I have a friend that was a PA in Hollywood for a few years and always had good stories. She was shocked by how horrible Melanie Griffith's skin looked--like a burn victim.

That and Nicolette Sheridan was a total cunt. But we already knew that.

by Anonymousreply 13May 6, 2024 9:32 PM

Isn't Melanie too old to be a Housewife?

She's in her 60's already.

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2024 12:30 AM

She's a baby.

by Anonymousreply 15May 7, 2024 12:46 AM

I wonder how much she'd get paid for doing Housewives. Something insane like 15 million?

by Anonymousreply 16May 7, 2024 12:48 AM

Aren’t most of them old hags?

by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2024 12:49 AM

R13 Made a run to 711 before in Hollywood with a small group of friends. Nicolette was in there, with resting bitch face.

by Anonymousreply 18May 7, 2024 12:55 AM

R15 😆

by Anonymousreply 19May 7, 2024 12:55 AM

“She was supposed to go to Dakota’s birthday and never showed up. What a cunt!” 🍷

by Anonymousreply 20May 7, 2024 1:03 AM

[quote] It'd be more interesting if Tippi were the housewife.

[quote]I'd watch it.

Especially if Tippi brought her lions and tigers with her.

by Anonymousreply 21May 7, 2024 1:04 AM

[quote] Especially if Tippi brought her lions and tigers with her.

Don't forget the birds!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 7, 2024 1:09 AM

Melanie hasn't really made any decent films in over a decade or two, so it's not surprising she's considering the offer.

Especially since it comes with a big paycheck.

However, I don't know how much of a draw a 66 year old housewife would be.

She might only last one season, like Denise Richards. Or a few seasons, like Eileen Davidson.

It seems like stunt casting to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 7, 2024 1:13 AM

Isn't Melanie too busy with the pool boys?

by Anonymousreply 24May 7, 2024 1:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!