Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Fall Guy did so poorly , the last film to do this poorly this weekend was Meg Ryan’s 1995 movie French Kiss

But that film was probably relatively inexpensive and the only special effect needed was Meg Ryan’s megawatt smile!

How badly does a film have to do that it sets up comparisons to Meg Ryan!

You, sir, are no MEG RYAN!

MEG RYAN!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 7, 2024 4:43 PM

A movie where Meg Ryan shits herself!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2024 10:32 PM

Ryan Goaling’s collapse is complete.

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2024 10:34 PM

“The Fall Guy”/I Hate Emily Blunt Troll cannot even get a phone call from his mother this weekend, ergo the countless threads about the performance of this otherwise forgettable film.

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2024 10:37 PM

Let's flop together!

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2024 10:38 PM

R3 you misunderstand the point of this thread

This is a stealth Meg Ryan thread!

Remember when she used to make little sounds? Adorable!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2024 10:38 PM

And now she looks like an oil painting of Barbra Streisand that’s been left out in the rain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2024 10:42 PM

😳 I won’t have what she’s having.

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2024 10:44 PM

Meg Ryan's hair was always too ambitious, she was doomed to fail eventually.

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2024 10:45 PM

[QUOTE] Ryan Goaling’s collapse is complete.

I wish. Hollywood will not stop forcing him down our throats.

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2024 10:45 PM

I'd lick her honey trail.

by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2024 10:46 PM

Since Ryan Gosling has been in hit movies, this is clearly flopping because of Emily Blunt.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2024 10:46 PM

Ryan Goaling has more filler in his face now than Meg.

by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2024 10:47 PM

Why did you make a new thread on this? You are the originator of the other thread. So why did you need to make another one?

by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2024 10:48 PM

I’m going to guess that English is not your first language, OP.

by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2024 10:49 PM

See this is the problem with there being no equivalent to Meg Ryan today.

This is the kind of movie where you would cast Meg Ryan.

The closest equivalent to Meg Ryan would be Emma Stone, but he’s already made three movies with her.

This movie failed due to a Meg Ryan DEFICIT.

Emily Blunt always plays the long suffering wife. Women don’t want to feel that when they go to a rom com. They want someone they can identify with but doesn’t threaten them. They want someone who CHOOSES a pixie haircut. They don’t want to look at Emily Blunt’s limp, brown ponytail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2024 10:53 PM

R11 = Michael Buble.

by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2024 10:55 PM

Plus Emily is old. 41.

Anne Hathaway is her age and plays more age appropriate roles.

Meg Ryan’s rom com career ended before she hit 40.

by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2024 10:56 PM

This is what I don’t understand

Look what emerged from Meg Ryan’s vagina. A male Meg Ryan!

What has no one built a rom com around him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 5, 2024 10:56 PM

R18 not with the facial wasting already and yellow teefs

by Anonymousreply 19May 5, 2024 10:58 PM

I’m convinced Emily Blunt committed some atrocity against OP or one of his family members. It’s bizarre and unhealthy to have this much white hot hatred for someone you’ve never met who’s not a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 20May 5, 2024 11:00 PM

Gosling looks like he has Meg Ryan hair in that photo, OP!

by Anonymousreply 21May 5, 2024 11:01 PM

The movie has a 7.3 rating on IMDB by almost 20,000 people. That’s a good rating.

I haven’t seen the film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 5, 2024 11:08 PM

Thats a great point r21

You know it’s entirely likely that the child of Anthony Edwards and Meg Ryan’s Top Gun characters would have looked exactly like Ryan Gosling.

by Anonymousreply 23May 5, 2024 11:08 PM

See how do you market a romcom with Emily Blunt’s RBF. She looks like she’s just soooooo disappointed in you because you started the Atomic Age.

Meg Ryan made nuclear physics fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 5, 2024 11:15 PM

This is the strangest thread.

Why is Meg Ryan and an old movie of hers the core topic of a “Fall Guy” thread?

These are not related. It’s so stupidly random.

OP was dropped head first on a concrete floor as an infant.

by Anonymousreply 25May 5, 2024 11:44 PM

I’m seeing it Tuesday. It has 83% on RT and doesn’t star ugly British boys. That’s good enough for me! And Emily Blunt is lovely! I’d watch her in anything. Charm, class, grace, humor-she has it all! Emily Blunt will surely be the one to cure cancer. How lucky we are to have Emily Blunt in our lives! Shout it from the rooftops, fellas! EMILY FUCKIN’ BLUNT!

by Anonymousreply 26May 5, 2024 11:54 PM

R26 Team Emily!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 27May 6, 2024 12:02 AM

R26 lives in Peoria, IL and works at Supercuts. A British accent works wonders on the inferiority complex of Americans.

by Anonymousreply 28May 6, 2024 12:05 AM

R26 and is also John Krasinski

by Anonymousreply 29May 6, 2024 12:09 AM

My store was bring robbed at gunpoint. A small woman in a Prada dress and Miu Miu boots walked in on the robbery. She proceeded to take off one of those boots and beat the thief with it! Then she held him down with her legs around his neck until the cops arrived. That woman in Miu Miu boots was… Emily Blunt.

by Anonymousreply 30May 6, 2024 12:11 AM

Just bought two tickets!

Go Emily! Gorgeous, talented and an inspiration.

We love you, Emily!

by Anonymousreply 31May 6, 2024 12:12 AM

[quote] Team Emily!!!!!

Emily team

by Anonymousreply 32May 6, 2024 12:14 AM

I’m taking my entire congregation to see Dame Emily Blunt in this instead of church next Sunday. She is truly our savior.

by Anonymousreply 33May 6, 2024 12:14 AM

Such a regal, refined beauty. So elegant and cultured. She exudes intelligence.

Emily Blunt is a talent, a beauty and a role model as a wife and mother.

I will support all of her projects.

by Anonymousreply 34May 6, 2024 12:16 AM

I never realized how truly bad Meg Ryan was. That scene on the train could have been the scene in the diner from When Harry Met Sally. Bowels turning to water = fake orgasm. She was the same in every damn movie. I guess that’s 90s romcoms.

Wow.

So.

Bad.

by Anonymousreply 35May 6, 2024 12:20 AM

Is it really Ryan’s fault?

How do we know that Hannah Waddingham and Jason Momoa aren’t to blame?

by Anonymousreply 36May 6, 2024 12:22 AM

I can’t imagine a world without my Emily.

I’m watching “Mary Poppins Returns” tonight just to get my Emily fix and support her. It will eventually be a cult hit.

Love you, Em Em!

#fallguy4evah

by Anonymousreply 37May 6, 2024 12:23 AM

I’m disappointed that we never got a Meg Ryan faking diarrhea scene.

by Anonymousreply 38May 6, 2024 12:28 AM

The trailers looked bafflingly unappealing. Like an unfunny parody of an action rom-com.

I have no problem with Blunt and am a big Ryan Gosling fan, but will nit be seeing this one.

It looks like someone who is not Shane Black tried to make a Shane Black film.

by Anonymousreply 39May 6, 2024 12:29 AM

Sharon Stone would have been perfect in the Emily Blunt role.

by Anonymousreply 40May 6, 2024 12:34 AM

I was crying on a park bench one day worried about my father’s health. A lovely young woman in a Stella McCartney chunky cardi and YSL tennies asked me what was wrong. I explained my dad needed a kidney or he’d die. She grabbed my hand, hailed a cab(“no time for an Uber!” she cried) and we went directly to hospital where she gave my father a kidney. Because it was Emily Blunt, they immediately sent my father to surgery and it was all done in about half an hour. God bless Emily Blunt.

by Anonymousreply 41May 6, 2024 12:38 AM

[quote] Hollywood will not stop forcing him down our throats.

Hooray for Hollywood 🎥🎬🎉

My throat is next.

by Anonymousreply 42May 6, 2024 12:42 AM

R41 An angel in Ferragamos.

Your story inspires and encourages. If any of us had the decency, empathy, self-sacrifice and goodness of Em Em, the world would be so much more loving and civilized.

My best to your father. And, of course, my best to Emily. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 43May 6, 2024 12:45 AM

R9: He's a white guy so of course he is going to get chance after chance.

by Anonymousreply 44May 6, 2024 12:46 AM

[quote] The Fall Guy did so poorly

And it's not even a Disney film

by Anonymousreply 45May 6, 2024 12:47 AM

R39 exactly Gosling already MADE this film and it was called NICE GUYS. It also bombed.

Meg Ryan could have played the Kim Basinger role in that movie. They both go to the same surgeon apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 6, 2024 12:49 AM

Gosling and his team must be feeling pretty nervous right now. His face is botoxed beyond repair, and albeit the marketing never made clear what the movie was about or for, he can't be relied upon to open an action or rom-com film.

by Anonymousreply 47May 6, 2024 12:50 AM

Challengers was an even bigger flop. It killed the idea of Zendaya being able to open or carry a film, or Josh O'Connor ever being a leading man. At least The Fall Guy will be a hit on streaming services.

by Anonymousreply 48May 6, 2024 12:52 AM

Mr. Goaling.

by Anonymousreply 49May 6, 2024 12:52 AM

Fall Guy cost over 200 million with marketing, Challengers is half that.

by Anonymousreply 50May 6, 2024 12:54 AM

I wonder if Josh OConnor and Meg Ryan could remake Harold & Maude.

by Anonymousreply 51May 6, 2024 12:55 AM

My dying niece wanted nothing but a Paddinton Bear from Hamley’s in London. It was her last wish. So I cashed in my 401K, purchased a ticket to London and flew across the pond to make my angel’s dream come true.

As I reached the cash register, I realized I left my credit card in the states. I was crestfallen!

From behind my back, a black American Express card appeared, held by the most gorgeous porcelain hands I’ve ever seen.

“This is for Cayleigh,” she said.

It was Emily.

She not only purchased the priceless Paddington, she upgraded my flight to Business Class, paid for my to stay at the Savoy and pulled strings to get Cayleigh into an experimental treatment program. She’s now completely healed.

There are people. There are good people. And then there’s Emily Blunt.

by Anonymousreply 52May 6, 2024 12:56 AM

R46, i was thinking of that film by way of comparison, in fact.

It's honestly one of my favorite movies.

by Anonymousreply 53May 6, 2024 1:07 AM

I was feeling ugly and lonely when Emily Blunt took me to the Chateau Marmont and rimmed me until I was rock hard. She proceeded to give me three hours of the best oral ever. I know she didnt like it but she is such a great actress that she made me feel like she loved every second.

by Anonymousreply 54May 6, 2024 1:09 AM

He’s just a terrible actor and needed to be humbled after Barbie.

by Anonymousreply 55May 6, 2024 4:10 AM

When a movie doing nearly 30M in business post pandemic is a "bad" box office performance it seems like the height of insanity.

by Anonymousreply 56May 6, 2024 4:12 AM

[quote] Emily Blunt

Let me tell you about Emily Blunt....

by Anonymousreply 57May 6, 2024 4:14 AM

Meg Ryan Gosling.

Emily Blunt Force Trauma.

by Anonymousreply 58May 6, 2024 5:39 AM

?? "French Kiss" was a hit.

by Anonymousreply 59May 6, 2024 5:50 AM

Does anyone know the difference between “French Kiss” and “I.Q.?”

I think they’re the same movie.

by Anonymousreply 60May 6, 2024 7:59 PM

People just don't like Ryan Gosling.

by Anonymousreply 61May 6, 2024 8:02 PM

She married some one dimensional fuggo from The Office and now they think they’re Lunt and Fontaine.

Emily Blunt isn’t fit to wipe their asses

by Anonymousreply 62May 6, 2024 8:40 PM

The I Hate Emily Blunt Troll at R62 has been on an unhinged bender all weekend.

I fear for the Krasinskis.

by Anonymousreply 63May 6, 2024 9:20 PM

This is what happens you make movies in quotation marks.

Also, they didn’t need to marry this to old, existing IP. Calling it The Fall Guy made it seem very dated - were they hoping to attract 70 year-olds?

Also, you could tell by the way they were overhyping Gosling it was bound to fail. He was promoting himself the whole time, making the film seem very secondary. People pay to see films. If you just liked Gosling - even though he is strangely unsexual, non-existent below the waist, never more so since playing Ken) - you could watch his many overwrought talk show appearances. He’s doing too much, over-extending the joke.

Also, stunts still need good movies. Nobody wants to watch a stunt reel.

In its promotion, this film reminded me of Hal Needham’s Hooper starring Burt Reynolds, a late ‘70s homage to stung men that failed to do Smokey & The Bandit business.

by Anonymousreply 64May 6, 2024 10:02 PM

*stunt men

by Anonymousreply 65May 6, 2024 10:03 PM

[quote] Nobody wants to watch a stunt reel.

Like Mission impossible and Fast and Furious were anything else

by Anonymousreply 66May 6, 2024 11:11 PM

R64 This film has great reviews. Dumbasses like you who haven’t even seen the film are the scourge of humanity. Eat. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 67May 7, 2024 2:21 PM

Disney stock down almost 10% ($11.44 ) a share so far this morning

by Anonymousreply 68May 7, 2024 3:36 PM

Must be because The Fall Guy is so good.

by Anonymousreply 69May 7, 2024 4:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!