Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Slumber Party Massacre” remake

Did you know there was a remake to the 1982 slasher in 2021!? Covid must have derailed it because I never knew until today, after rewatching the original and part 2 (I still to this day haven’t watched part 3).

Those movies are so bad but highly entertaining camp. This new remake looks unnecessary and ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 6, 2024 2:26 AM

There were so many unexplored themes and unanswered questions from the original that I get why there's a need for a remake.

by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2024 10:19 PM

R1 what were the unexplored themes? Because I feel like the movie was pretty straightforward. Outside of not having a plot. We never know what the motivations were behind the killer. Also, having some middle-aged Mexican men stalking and murdering a bunch of pretty teenage girls was a bad luck. But not shocked that they would do that in 1982.

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2024 10:22 PM

R1 Care to show what these themes are?

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2024 10:44 PM

This was my attempt - apparently, an extremely poor one - at being facetious.

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2024 10:47 PM

To this day, you say?

To this very everloving day?

by Anonymousreply 5May 6, 2024 1:50 AM

I got it, r4.

by Anonymousreply 6May 6, 2024 2:07 AM

It’s always been interesting to me that the film was directed by a woman and was more exploitative of its almost all female cast than a male director has ever been. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 7May 6, 2024 2:10 AM

R7 Not only directed by a woman but written by famed feminist author Rita Mae Brown!

by Anonymousreply 8May 6, 2024 2:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!