Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Papá Francesco:Watch what I do, not what I say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 6, 2024 4:43 AM

Jesus would approve.

by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2024 9:15 PM

It probably will never be possible to undo the damage Francis has done to the church. He's appointed three quarters of the current College of Cardinals.

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2024 10:33 PM

"He's appointed three quarters of the current College of Cardinals."

Thank God

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2024 10:53 PM

I think this is wonderful; this is the type of Catholicism I can support

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2024 10:58 PM

r3 It's a delicate balancing act. He needs to be careful or the African churches will splinter off, just as happened with the Anglicans. It's the only region where they're growing, so the Vatican can't really afford to liberalise too much and too quickly.

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2024 11:05 PM

Of course they can—there are already “splinters” in Africa and elsewhere. There have been for a thousand years…

by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2024 11:07 PM

An old friend of mine has become a major activist in reparations for priest abuse victims and he has a personal and warm and supportive relationship with the Pope - who my friend says is an amazing, caring and wide-awake reformer behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2024 11:16 PM

R2=Ratzinger

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2024 11:44 PM

[quote] He's appointed three quarters of the current College of Cardinals

That’s wonderful the Pope likes baseball!

by Anonymousreply 9May 6, 2024 12:40 AM

R2 is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 10May 6, 2024 1:20 AM

Slither back into the venomous trap you came from, R2. You must be some evil tradcath priest.

by Anonymousreply 11May 6, 2024 1:32 AM

r6 Girl, I'm not talking about the pre-modern minuscule Churches of the East and the like. I'm talking major Catholic dioceses packing up and leaving. Stop being obtuse on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 12May 6, 2024 3:40 AM

Mary Magdalene was a 👏 trans 👏 sex 👏 worker 👏 of 👏 color 👏

by Anonymousreply 13May 6, 2024 3:55 AM

Pope Razi POPE NAZI!

by Anonymousreply 14May 6, 2024 4:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!