Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

pet sitting

When you go on vacation and have someone take care of your pet, does the sitter come live in your house or vice versa? Most people seem to want the sitter to come to their house, but I've always preferred the dog to go to the sitter's house.

by Anonymousreply 13April 25, 2024 3:48 AM

Is it a rescue dog?

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2024 1:59 AM

Our pet sitter does a little bot of both: she stays some nights at our house and she takes our dog with her t her house on other nights.

by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2024 2:00 AM

Dollhouse thread.

by Anonymousreply 3April 25, 2024 2:02 AM

My guy just comes once a day and spends time with my cat. But he also takes pets to his place.

by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2024 2:09 AM

I throw mine away. In the dumpster behind 7-11. Then I get new rescue puppies when I get back.

by Anonymousreply 5April 25, 2024 2:16 AM

I've never heard of someone taking a friend's pet to stay at their own (the pet-sitter's) house.

by Anonymousreply 6April 25, 2024 2:20 AM

We know who you are and we know where you live, R5.

by Anonymousreply 7April 25, 2024 2:24 AM

Vice - versa would mean that you go to the sitter’s house for vacation.

by Anonymousreply 8April 25, 2024 2:32 AM

I have cats. Sitter stays at my house.

by Anonymousreply 9April 25, 2024 2:34 AM

[quote]I've never heard of someone taking a friend's pet to stay at their own (the pet-sitter's) house.

Well now you have. Is there any other challenge we can assist you in understanding, R6?

by Anonymousreply 10April 25, 2024 3:03 AM

A friend of mine just asked me to house and dog sit for him and his husband while they go away for two weeks. Meanwhile, I’m a 60 yr old with my own house but they want someone to stay in the house overnight with their dogs and they don’t trust anyone else (or maybe others said no). They have a dog walker coming twice a day while I’m at work.

The only reason I said yes is because I love where they live, and they have a pool. I live alone and have no pets so leaving my house for two weeks is no problem. At first I wanted to say no but he basically pleaded so I feel obligated.

by Anonymousreply 11April 25, 2024 3:12 AM

I dog-sat for my cousin, once. She wanted me to stay at her house, so I did. She made it out like it was a big vacation for me because she had a house (vs. my apartment). In reality, I would have preferred to stay at my own apartment, which was in the city and which has a pool, etc. (Her house was in the suburbs, no pool.) She also didn't change the sheets in her guest room (where I was supposed to be sleeping).

by Anonymousreply 12April 25, 2024 3:18 AM

Good luck, R11.

You're taking on a huge amount of responsibility there. Most concerning is the dogwalker having access to the dogs *and* the house while you're at work. Anything going wrong will be blamed on you.

Back out now, while they still have time to find a boarding facility for the dogs (which is what they should have done in the first place).

by Anonymousreply 13April 25, 2024 3:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!