Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This is worth a second look when Trump suggested injecting disinfectant into the body to cure COVID

Dr. Deborah Birx is looking utterly scared out of her mind...more than you may remember.

This is a 60-second horror film. Omg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 26, 2024 4:00 PM

We can laugh about it now. Jesus, Trump is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2024 1:21 AM

Fucking moron

by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2024 1:22 AM

I have a contrarian opinion. I think Birx and Fauci both had sufficient access to national media and sufficient respect that they should have tossed a coin and one of them called press conferences and said EXACTLY WHAT WAS ON THEIR MINDS. Both of them can go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 3April 25, 2024 1:30 AM

You don’t get jobs like that by saying what’s on your mind….

by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2024 1:47 AM

If the cameras aren't on Donald he's afraid he'll disappear. I thought Pence was appointed Covid Czar? You never saw him.

by Anonymousreply 5April 25, 2024 1:58 AM

We were seriously lucky that when he said this the only cleaning product on the shelves was Barkeeper's Friend. Literally. My grocery store was sold out of even barsoap. He's such a moron. His followers more so.

by Anonymousreply 6April 25, 2024 2:05 AM

She was a whore for power and exposure.

by Anonymousreply 7April 25, 2024 3:43 AM

[quote] I think Birx and Fauci both had sufficient access to national media and sufficient respect that they should have tossed a coin and one of them called press conferences and said EXACTLY WHAT WAS ON THEIR MINDS.

Same goes for John Kelly and Jim Mattis, long before they resigned.

by Anonymousreply 8April 25, 2024 4:07 AM

[quote] We can laugh about it now.

R1 I wish I could laugh about it now, but Trump could be president again in January, and he will be worse, much worse. I’ll laugh if Biden is re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 9April 25, 2024 6:00 AM

She was shameful in her silence at that moment. She should have immediately lost her medical license and been shamed for life. She was right there and did not immediately call out the most stupid thing a president has ever said. Like saying have an enema with toilet bowl cleaner.

by Anonymousreply 10April 25, 2024 6:09 AM

Does he actually believe Covid exists? He's not a denier?

by Anonymousreply 11April 25, 2024 8:18 AM

[quote]I have a contrarian opinion. I think Birx and Fauci both had sufficient access to national media and sufficient respect that they should have tossed a coin and one of them called press conferences and said EXACTLY WHAT WAS ON THEIR MINDS. Both of them can go fuck themselves.

R3. I don't hold Birx in high regard. I think she was between a rock and a hard place working for Trump. However, I do respect Fauci, and thought he did his best in disseminating truthful information. However, both Birx and Fauci had to walk a fine line. They never would have gone ahead in agreeing with Trump about disinfectant. But you have to remember that both Birx (who defended Trump way too much) and Fauci (who did not defend Trump) were doing what they could NOT to get fired. by Trump. It was a very serious time, and Fauci wanted to make sure that he remained at the head of COVID crisis so that Trump would not appoint a "Yes" man and run even wilder with misinformation.

Birx was visibly horrified as she sat there. But together, Birx and Fauci would never have gone forward with any of Trump's psycho plans. They had to remain somewhat diplomatic and not flat out call Trump a fucking moron on national television. Fauci, and to a certain degree, Birx, were also working behind the scenes so that country received the information it needed despite Trump, Fox and the right-wing maniacs doing whatever they could to disrupt a very complicated situation.

by Anonymousreply 12April 25, 2024 8:46 AM

Of course your point of view R12 is rational and reasonable and professional and reality based. However we had 4 years of "professionals" in the Trump Administration not calling out Trump for his stupidities and malfeasance.

As I said - ONE of the two doctors and public health experts could have, after a few weeks/months of this nonsense, broke ranks and with the access to MEDIA and thus national attention, spelled it out. They were both old, at the end of their careers.

by Anonymousreply 13April 25, 2024 9:19 AM

Had either or both Birx and Fauci spoke up against that fat, moronic slob while he was president, they would not only have lost their careers completely and endured death threats (along with death threats to their family and friends) forever, but they would have been immediately fired and replaced with "yes" men and women who were as ignorant as Trump himself.

You all remember the "doctor" lady who said cancer and other ailments were caused by demons, right? Well, she and the Candyman Ronny Jackson would have been the new Fauci and Birx. Think on that a minute, really think of the ramifications of what that could have entailed.

Put the blame of this directly where it needs to go: on that piece of shit Donald Trump. A true moron who has only fallen upward his entire life and is responsible for the deaths of thousands of Americans.

by Anonymousreply 14April 25, 2024 10:20 AM

It is the responsibility of a Public Health official to do his job for the benefit of the public health. Including losing it. Had Fauci self sacrificed on the sword of truth, Birx would have been there. Or vice versa. They both had SIGNIFICANT power. One could have been on the news every night calling out any threats he or she might have received, AND calling all national health leaders to condemn any VOODOO doctor put in as a replacement.

We simply disagree on this point, buster.

by Anonymousreply 15April 25, 2024 10:28 AM

And yet, OP, he is leading in the polls.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 16April 25, 2024 10:30 AM

I understand your point, R15. I just think they would have been shouting into a void at their own peril and we needed both where they were at, since there were so few in his administration who cared about anything other than grifting.

I definitely see your point and wish we had been in a place at the time where either of their voices has trumped Trump's. If that were the case I'm sure they would have done so.

by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2024 10:37 AM

COVID killed all the right people.

by Anonymousreply 18April 25, 2024 10:43 AM

Neither Birx or Fauci could have stopped Trump. In this case, Bill Bryan of DHS S&T foolishly shot his mouth off to Trump before the press conference about UV and disinfectant stopping Covid. Trump riffed on it in public.

Why do we do this? Hillary Clinton pays a much higher price for her Senate vote authorizing use of force in Iraq than George Bush ever did. This was Trump’s failure, not Birx.

by Anonymousreply 19April 25, 2024 10:46 AM

he's such an egomaniac that he thought hearing a couple of briefings on COVID make him a Nobel-prize worthy epidemiologist

by Anonymousreply 20April 25, 2024 10:57 AM

How dare you, R20! He did his own research!

by Anonymousreply 21April 25, 2024 11:00 AM

The right wing still hates Fauci.

by Anonymousreply 22April 25, 2024 11:28 AM

Also both being doctors, there is the Hippocratic oath. Of course "the public" isn't directly a patient, but still.

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2024 11:49 AM

It'll go awayyy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 25, 2024 4:08 PM

I cannot wait until the day I no longer have to see his horrible orange face or hear his dumbass, sing songy voice with his six grade vocabulary.

by Anonymousreply 25April 25, 2024 9:14 PM

[quote]And yet, OP, he is leading in the polls.

[quote]Why?

No r16, he isn't, but nice try.

by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2024 9:21 PM

I can only see Sarah Cooper when I watch that video.

by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2024 9:50 PM

R15. You are sadly mistaken. Had Fauci and Birx been fired, they would have lost their platform and would not have been on the news every night as you say "calling out any threats he or she might have received, AND calling all national health leaders to condemn any VOODOO doctor put in as a replacement." They would have garnered some news, but their replacements and "yes men" would have taken over.

As fired health care administrators, Fauci and Birx would have been sidelined. Trump and his administration would have stomped all over them. Fauci and Birx had to work within the system as flawed as Trump made it to be. Trump was hell bent on creating chaos among the legitimate scientific community--and yet Trump got vaccinated, a fact he always played down. And yet Trump still got COVID because he ignored all the other precautions.

Trump should have died right then. We all would be better off.

by Anonymousreply 28April 25, 2024 11:42 PM

I was so disappointed when Covid didn't take him out.

by Anonymousreply 29April 26, 2024 3:54 PM

R28 I don't agree your scenario is inevitable. You realized people can have differing arguments and opinions.

by Anonymousreply 30April 26, 2024 4:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!