Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Portuguese Revolution does 50 years

Today is the 50th birthday of the Portuguese Carnation Revolution, where it toppled one of the longest dictatorships in Europe in the 20th century.

Only 4 people died. The military were adorned with carnations, including in their guns.

Also, the radio password for the military movement was Portugal’s participation music in the previous Music Eurovision contest.

Can you get gayer than that as revolutions go? Sorry for this history moment but as a Portuguese i am proud of my country for this moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 25, 2024 1:01 AM

Parabéns!

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2024 12:08 AM

OP, did you celebrate with a Francesinha?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2024 12:11 AM

Oh yeah, so happy for you. Glad it worked out - for Portugal.

by Anonymousreply 3April 25, 2024 12:28 AM

Voce tem a bunda gostosa!

by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2024 12:52 AM

R4, whomever you say that to is not going to live forever.

by Anonymousreply 5April 25, 2024 12:55 AM

Is this when all the gays started having open sex on all the beaches? What connection does this have to that little missing girl Meghan McCain? There are some really hot sex scenes in Portuguese gay movies. I think they are classier than the Spanish gay men. That's all I know about Portugal.

by Anonymousreply 6April 25, 2024 1:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!