Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Aaron Taylor Johnson opts for 28 Years Later - has he ditched Bond?

It seems like there was a concerted effort to get Johnson to accept the offer the Broccolis presented, even recruiting former Bonds to praise his casting, and he has chosen to commit to a different film instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 25, 2024 1:50 AM

Really hope so.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2024 9:11 PM

I don't think he'd be a good Bond. I don't know why folks are pushing it so hard.

Frankly, other than Kick-Ass, I haven't found him to be particularly engaging. He was awful in Anna Karenina, meh as a superhero in Age of Ultron (who did he blow to get Kraven), passable in A Million Little Pieces (mostly due to the nude scenes).

Why do folks think he'd make for a charismatic Bond. (Cavill would be awful, as well).

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2024 9:29 PM

It’s going to be a trilogy? Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2024 9:30 PM

R3 Cause that worked so well for the Mission Impossible films.....

He comes across like a chav who should be making films for Triga. Would be far more interesting than his fucking acting jobs.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2024 9:32 PM

James Norton from “McMafia” should be Bond. My first choice was Idris Elba but they stalled him out until he got too old.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2024 9:36 PM

They didn’t “stall him out.” Craig agreed to stay.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2024 9:49 PM

His dick would feed a zombie for a week.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2024 10:21 PM

The Bond thing was an "insider" rumor that has still not been verified, even though it is now months later.

And, even if his selection as Bond were true, starring in 28 Years Later would hardly preclude doing it. The zombie flick already has a script, director, and stars attached and is gearing up for production. Bond is a long way off from that.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2024 10:33 PM

James Norton for Bond.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2024 10:41 PM

Except that: “Deadline recently broke the news that the studio has already tapped Candyman director Nia DaCosta to helm the second part of the trilogy, and that the plan is to shoot both films back to back.”

So assuming he is not killed off in the first film, he made a two film commitment which, assuming a summer or early fall start date, would occupy him half a year, plus reshoots. Then he has to commit to promoting the films.

This is not a deal he would have signed if he was going to be Bond.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2024 10:44 PM

He's enormously sexually attractive, but I think there's more to James Bond than just that. I've yet to see him be able to carry a movie--despite his beauty, he doesn't have a lot of charisma.

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2024 10:48 PM

R11 He is a chav.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2024 11:26 PM

The studio leak different names every so often to keep the buzz and anticipation up and get people discussing it.

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2024 11:28 PM

Aidan Turner has really become my first choice for the next Bond.

If they insist on a non-white guy, my top pick is now David Ajala.

by Anonymousreply 14April 25, 2024 1:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!