Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is this the (finally) beginning of the Taylor Swift backlash so many have been hoping for?

Taylor’s new album is getting slammed left and right for being trash and inauthentic. After so much piled on praise for just breathing will this be her descent from top of the Pop stardom universe? I think she is highly overrated and can’t wait to see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 25, 2024 6:35 PM

She’s always sucked so, this will make no difference. Haus fraus and tweens will stick flick their beans to whatever this spoiled ugly talentless hack does.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2024 9:05 PM

It might be trash but it's making her a fortune...as if she needs more money....

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2024 9:05 PM

It's bubblegum for little shits from an aging Shirley Temple imitator.

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2024 9:05 PM

For someone who has allegedly been with so many guys, the asexual virgin vibes have always been strong with this one.

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2024 9:44 PM

Her fans are posting tiktoks of themselves weeping and rolling on the floor like they’re having a religious experience - I look at the Swiftie subreddit and they’re furious at the bad reviews. It’s completely unfair and 100% just creepy misogynists who HATE women and can’t stand seeing her succeed or women enjoy anything and are obsessed with tearing her down. I hope someone sets themselves on fire outside of Anthony Fantano’s house.

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2024 9:47 PM

I love you bent old anti-Taylor queens getting all worked up over her!!! Why? Why, why, why. If you truly didn’t care about here you wouldn’t feel the need to constantly spout off about her. She’s in your heads idiots! Hahaha!

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2024 9:56 PM

She's thirty-four, absurdly famous, and a billionaire. She's Time's current Person of the Year. Her attendance at the Super Bowl may be the reason it was the highest-rated programme since the moon landing. The Australian prime minister played Taylor Swift bingo in his resignation speech. She's got young people buying fucking VINYL. And then there's the success of the Eras Tour film. She's living proof that a woman's best chance of making it in the music industry is to be pretty and keep her songs as safe and MOR as possible. (I do like a few of her songs, but she's not exactly reinventing the wheel, is she?)

She cannot keep up this momentum. In five years' time, she'll still be extremely famous and her hardcore fans will still be there, but this is probably her peak. She may well cross back into country music as she ages, as Shania Twain and Faith Hill did. Country music isn't as ageist as other genres.

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2024 10:16 PM

She is falling into the problem the Ewan McGregor movie Halston illustrated quite nicely: diluting your work out of pure greed that your brand loses its cache.

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2024 10:21 PM

Please let the backlash continue on to the Caveman Kelce Bros

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2024 10:38 PM

She’s been led to believe everything she writes will be praised and awarded. Most artist take years to develop albums. She just vomits up what’s in her diary every few months. Her fans are ATMs.

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2024 10:46 PM

[quote]Please let the backlash continue on to the Caveman Kelce Bros

"Killa Trav" liked a Trump pic (and Trump is gloating about it). The backlash is already in full flight.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2024 10:50 PM

Even an exceptionally talented person would never drop an album with 31 songs. That means they can’t edit.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2024 11:16 PM

R6 is gonna set herself on fire fingering her mussy to 1989. Also, I’m guessing you’re 40-something, yes?

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2024 11:23 PM

Firstly, Taylors success baffles me but I am pleased to see a good girl being so liked...its like an anti Kardashian thing; she has talent and works hard. But, to fail once, after such success, and people to jump all over it, is such a bad message. Can we, or celebs, really only put one foot wrong for it to negate all the good we've done? Thers a saying, and I paraphrase... It can take a lifetime to build a reputation but only a minute to lose it. Its a ridiculous standard.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2024 11:24 PM

The era tour is her peak. It is the beginning of her downfall.

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2024 2:24 AM

I like this Lana del Rey-ish ditty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2024 2:48 AM

If this is the beginning of her downfall, she has a billion dollars to cushion the blow.

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2024 2:50 AM

Here’s the tear down. So American

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2024 2:58 AM

Must be nice to be tortured by your billion dollar fortune and revolving door of beards.

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2024 3:15 AM

What has she do that's good? Madonna is old. Courtney is messy. Lana is low key. Britney is brain dead. Whitney is actually dead. Janet is over it. Barbara is 70 or 80. Carly is maybe dead. Christina is not likeable. Ariana is weird. Olivia is suppressed. Miley is raunchy. Billie looks like a lesbian trucker. Camila is not exposed. Shakira is gone. Katy is gone. Kelly is selling everything. Beyonce is living life. Gaga over it. Adele doing weekends.

Taylor Swift needs fame the most. The others saw it for what it was and got over it, have their own lives and families. Taylor's still to this day singing about her 13 ex boyfriends and making songs about nearly decades old drama.

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2024 3:17 AM

I've been listening on a loop since the album came out. After the first listen I thought she lost the plot but I've made a 180 degree turn since then. There will be no downfall due to this album.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2024 3:23 AM

R21 Bless your heart. Does your mama know you released the straps from your bed?

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2024 4:23 AM

As long as she can get people to vote Blue I couldn’t care less about her music

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2024 5:07 AM

The Trumpkins hate her.

So I love her.

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2024 5:12 AM

[quote]She is falling into the problem the Ewan McGregor movie Halston illustrated quite nicely: diluting your work out of pure greed that your brand loses its cache.

Her cache of assault weapons?

At least she hasn't lost her cachet.

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2024 5:15 AM

[QUOTE] I love you bent old anti-Taylor queens getting all worked up over her!!! Why? Why, why, why. If you truly didn’t care about here you wouldn’t feel the need to constantly spout off about her. She’s in your heads idiots! Hahaha!

These threads really hurt you, don't they? Just like the anti trans threads do. Why not just leave DL and post somewhere else? It's not a place for little snowflakes who worship at the shrine of Capitaylism.

by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2024 7:50 AM

Swifties are fuming because Tortured Billionaire now has the lowest Metacritic score since Reputation, thanks to all the poor reviews attacking the hyperbolic, non poetic lyrics and Jack Antonoff’s bland production which sounds the same on almost every track.

by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2024 7:54 AM

R22 , bless YOUR heart. Looks like somebody has seen Taylor's new video and can't get the masterfully executed visuals out of their head! Give in to her R22 , it will be okay.

by Anonymousreply 28April 23, 2024 7:54 AM

What r23 and r24 wrote.

I watched, and heard, Swift's Eras Tour movie. Taylor Sominex should be her name.

If she mobilizes her base to vote Democratic, however, I'm her fan, too.

Oh, and, by the way, Swifties, what's with this notion among SOME of you that we're supposed to shut-up if we hold a negative reaction to her music, such as it is?

Freedom of expression isn't owned by Swift. Freedom of expression is not a one-way street singularly controlled by Swift.

The moment she releases whatever it is she's produced is the moment she has assumed the risk of generating a response, whether that response is positive, negative or indifferent.

by Anonymousreply 29April 23, 2024 1:03 PM

I don’t know much about music sales but 300,000,000 streams in a day does not sound like a big deal. And the fact that so many of her fans love it says little. I mean how many fans could she have?

If you want to find a great artist find someone not all that popular with poor album sales. They are always the best.

by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2024 1:13 PM

[quote]300,000,000 streams in a day does not sound like a big deal.

300,000,000 doesn't sound like a big deal?

That's almost 3500 streams per second - EVERY second for an entire day.

Spotify pays artists between $0.003 - $0.005 per stream on average. Being who she is, it's likely to be on the high end of the range - so $1.5mm in one day just from streaming on Spotify.

by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2024 1:55 PM

R31

:-)

OK when you say it that way 300,000,000 does not sound like a nothing burger. Amazing to me that someone whose career is on the DL identified down slope would get those numbers.

I am starting to think some on DL can’t actually predict the future accurately or may not know as much as they claim to know..

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2024 2:06 PM

[quote] My friends used to play a game where, We would pick a decade, We wished we could live in instead of this, I’d say the 1830s but without all the racists - Infinite Jest

[quote] Touch me while your bros play Grand Theft Auto -So Highschool

I've not listened to the album but the lyrics I've seen are fucking hilarious I'm not sure she didn't outsource the writing to AI

by Anonymousreply 33April 23, 2024 2:19 PM

Après elle, le déluge

by Anonymousreply 34April 23, 2024 2:23 PM

We can talk a lot of smack about Taylor, and I do. But, you can't say she's physically ugly, and she isn't vulgar, either. And you can't deny her business acumen.

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2024 2:31 PM

That’s the problem. America treats entertainment as a business. So you can be a ugly talentless blob, but if you have business acumen we’re supposed to treat you like God.

by Anonymousreply 36April 23, 2024 3:17 PM

An ugly talentless blob**** oh dear

by Anonymousreply 37April 23, 2024 3:17 PM

I just wish those ugly bangs and stringy hair would go. The white trash can have their music and prince and princess but fucking fix that hair.

by Anonymousreply 38April 23, 2024 3:23 PM

R36

When was the last time you were told to treat anyone like a god? And even if you were told to treat someone like a god would you comply?

That aside your insight into the fact that music, TV, the movies, entertainment in general , are treated like a business is thought provoking. I wonder how many others feel this way? And is it only america or do other countries do this?

by Anonymousreply 39April 23, 2024 3:40 PM

I'd ride Post Malone's big cock in that Fortnight video!

by Anonymousreply 40April 23, 2024 3:45 PM

The Daily Mail had 25 articles on her in one day - I'm sick of the sight of her name.

by Anonymousreply 41April 23, 2024 3:52 PM

Post Malone is so ugly and can he even sing? All I hear is autotune. But I like the song. It is better than Taylor's old music but I think the instrumental and theme of the song is stolen from here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 23, 2024 4:05 PM

R41

Live at 11

People constantly read the Daily Mail then get sick of what they see. The poor state of mental health and what can society do about it at 11pm

by Anonymousreply 43April 23, 2024 4:40 PM

I'm convinced that her very best (secret, bound by NDA) songwriters must have abandoned ship, probably after she insisted that her ex-boyfriend get a Grammy for her last album while they stayed unacknowledged. The pitiful lyrics that we're seeing with this new album are ALL Taylor, for the first time in a long time. And you can easily see why she outsourced before. She's no lyrical genius, never was. Her shit is so high school and always will be, because that's where she's stuck mentally.

It's hard to believe that we went from songwriters like Tori Amos, Fiona Apple and Ani DiFranco to the muck of these times. It's sad, actually.

by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2024 6:43 PM

I was just at Target and wanted to take a photo of all the physical media she has in this store. You cannot create a surplus of product and expect to command premium prices. This is basic economics. There are still unopened cast albums from 20th Century Fox’s 1967 musical of Doctor Doolittle, in fifty years there will be unopened vinyls of Tortured Poets.

by Anonymousreply 45April 23, 2024 7:06 PM

“Gay men who travel to Target just to take pictures of Taylor Swift merchandise”

Enough said

by Anonymousreply 46April 23, 2024 7:11 PM

[QUOTE] Looks like somebody has seen Taylor's new video and can't get the masterfully executed visuals out of their head!

The gross video uses a psych ward for its aesthetic. Taylor is dressed in a glamorous white gown and garter, full make up and jewellery as she's given electroshock therapy.

by Anonymousreply 47April 23, 2024 8:00 PM

Joe Alwyn acted as Ezra Pound to her TS Eliot on Folklore, Evermore and Midnights, ruthlessly editing and curbing her worst lyrical excesses. Joe has a degree in English Literature from a top English university so he knew what he was doing. Travis Kelce won't be any help with that.

by Anonymousreply 48April 23, 2024 8:09 PM

R35 I don't like her face. It's hard to describe why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 23, 2024 11:19 PM

Her thin upper lip and Napoleon Dynamite teeth and eyes like she just ate a lemon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 23, 2024 11:23 PM

R24 I work with trumpers and they love her.

by Anonymousreply 51April 24, 2024 3:53 AM

I just hope she uses her power to get votes for Big Joe.

by Anonymousreply 52April 24, 2024 6:00 AM

It's not the beginning of the end... yet. Her next move will determine her future more. She's so extremely popular she can handle this round of bad reviews and press.

by Anonymousreply 53April 24, 2024 6:34 AM

So many of the songs on the new album sound alike, the woman who was linked above that has her formula down is correct

by Anonymousreply 54April 24, 2024 8:15 AM

Her Eras Tour sealed her fate. Being 34yrs old her fans have grown up with her and can put all of that to bed. Her level of writing hasn’t grown as she’s only ever been a pop star.

by Anonymousreply 55April 24, 2024 2:03 PM

[quote] Firstly, Taylors success baffles me but I am pleased to see a good girl being so liked...its like an anti Kardashian thing; she has talent and works hard.

Untalented, sure, but Rob aside, no one accused the Kardashians of being lazy.

And Taylor Swift a good girl any more than Julia Roberts is a nice person or than Joan Crawford puts family first. She is gleefully immature and spiteful! Unless by good girl you mean clean and white and blonde and apple pie Americana and not a Blatino R&B rapper then sure.

by Anonymousreply 56April 24, 2024 3:48 PM

This one won't get a Grammy.

by Anonymousreply 57April 25, 2024 7:58 AM

Taylor's about as much of a good girl as my Aunt Maisie after she had her hysterectomy

by Anonymousreply 58April 25, 2024 6:17 PM

I have not kept up has she broken any new sales records in the last few hours?

BTW slut shaming from those on DL is like inmates at the state institute for the insane making fun of crazy people.

by Anonymousreply 59April 25, 2024 6:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!