Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blind Item!- Jane Fonda hates that Sydney Sweeney is remaking “Barbarella” and is trying to get it canceled

“ This permanent A list dual threat actress who is an Oscar winner/nominee and comes from a sprawling acting family, hates that the alliterate actress is going to remake a movie done by the permanent A lister and is doing everything she can to get it killed.”

If true, I wonder why she doesn’t want the film remade. Maybe she wants to be the only image ever as Barbarella.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 22, 2024 11:00 PM

Ok older than Boomer.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2024 5:05 PM

Jane is a lot of fun in Barbarella. She should just chill.

In our new woke environment, the new movie can’t POSSIBLY be any good, and I say that as someone who gets a big kick out of Sydney and her moment.

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2024 5:09 PM

What is this bizarre Sydney Sweeney backlash that’s happening? She’s a good actress and she’s cute. She’s an actual starlet. Leave her alone. And all of this negative attention is just making her more famous, it’s working exactly the opposite of her hater’s intentions. If I see another think piece about her fucking tits, I’m going to kick someone.

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2024 5:14 PM

How dare she spoil the soft core classic Barbarella that Jane always hated until I guess now

Nobody has a space orgasm like Jane

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2024 5:22 PM

The Silent Generation?

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2024 5:24 PM

Jane doesn't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2024 5:27 PM

R4 she has spoken openly about that movie over the years and she hasn’t “hated” it for a long time but she felt they could have made it more of a feminist story than they did and she hated how she would tell the director how they can make the character more of a feminist icon but he wouldn’t listen.

She spoke out about the remake last June and admitted she worries what they will do with the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2024 5:28 PM

Hands off KLUTE bitches!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2024 5:29 PM

Fonda used to hate it but in recent years she feels more conflicted about her Barbarella. She has mixed feelings about it but no longer feels the hatred for it she once did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2024 5:30 PM

R7 LMAO “feminist”

Why is it always sluts who want to shake their tits and use their sexuality to get ahead that spout off about feminism etc after they lose their sex appeal? See Sharon Stone

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2024 5:31 PM

@r7, Barbarella has a story? Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2024 5:32 PM

This sounds like BS.

Jane can be a crusty old bitch but she has a lot going on, I doubt she gives even a smidgeon of a fuck about who does what with a movie she did 60 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2024 6:03 PM

She cares. She said she was worried about it last year. That’s a sign she cares.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2024 6:05 PM

Jane supports other women so even though she may have issues with a remake she would support another actresses choice to do it.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2024 6:49 PM

How does Duran Duran feel?

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2024 6:52 PM

“Jane supports women” is such a bullshit statement. Supporting “women” doesn’t mean supporting every decision a woman makes nor does it mean liking every decision a woman makes.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2024 6:59 PM

The weirdest part of the Sydney Sweeney backlash is it's a bunch of Rightwingy Incel types and religoids. You'd think after the MAGAT themed party she threw for her mom, she'd be their A List Kevin Sorbo

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2024 7:00 PM

The MAGA crowd has pretty much made her their icon and she has since denounced it in her “obsessed with me” article. They’re probably upset with her.

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2024 7:04 PM

R4, wasn’t the director her husband? Not that that would preclude him listening to her ideas.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2024 9:42 PM

^ sorry, I garbled that. Meant to say preclude him from listening to her — he could be married to her and totally ignore her ideas.

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2024 9:44 PM

[quote] You'd think after the MAGAT themed party she threw for her mom,

Ironyproof

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2024 10:01 PM

^ Roger Vadim was a skank and a creep who exploited Jane Fonda, no he would not have listened to her ideas

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2024 10:47 PM

The backlash could come from the fact that Sydney Sweeney is a wall-eyed whore.

by Anonymousreply 23April 22, 2024 11:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!