Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The London Times sent a reporter to investigate how dangerous the NYC subway is.

She rode it for 24 hours and didn't find it dangerous at all.

It's always like for 3-4 million people who use the subway daily, the vast vast majority of people don't experience any danger.

Anyway, count down to the trolls going crazy in this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 23, 2024 3:14 AM

Very solid report. Not much crime but lots of homeless and mentally ill people on the trains at night. That about sums it up. Taking the subway especially during the day is quite safe.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2024 4:38 PM

At 2pm, okay. Ride after 11pm, dumb woke cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2024 4:45 PM

As the original, it seems rather superfluous to label "The Times" as "The London Times".

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2024 4:49 PM

Right, because there's no chance that The New York Times might have written a story on the New York City subway.

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2024 4:52 PM

At 0:43, can someone tell me where Columbia Circle Station is?

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2024 5:07 PM

59th Street and Broadway

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2024 5:11 PM

[quote]59th Street and Broadway

That's ColumBUS Circle. There is no ColumBIA Circle.

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2024 5:16 PM

But does it smell of piss?

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2024 5:22 PM

^Sometimes in the stairwells but usually the weed smell covers it up.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2024 5:50 PM

Her reporting is like dancing around in a field with a mean bull. Chances are you wont get hurt the first few times but keep it up and you'll get the horn.

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2024 5:51 PM

[quote]Her reporting is like dancing around in a field with a mean bull. Chances are you wont get hurt the first few times but keep it up and you'll get the horn.

I think the report is more to urge Brits to visit NYC. A one day trip on the subway is not statistically accurate. It's like going on the subway Christmas Day and saying, "Look, no problems here." Did she ride the subway into The Bronx? Riding Columbus Circle, Penn Station, Grand Central doesn't give much information because they are more heavily policed.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2024 6:00 PM

We saw the exact same thing with Covid. People who got Covid and lived then claimed their experience was conclusive evidence that Covid is not dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2024 6:01 PM

Aw, whatsa matter, troll R2? This doesn't play with your bullshit narrative of how "dangerous" NYC is? Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2024 6:15 PM

Look at how triggered Defacto at r2 is by the facts. MAGATs hate the truth, because the truth has a well-known liberal bias.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2024 6:19 PM

Hey defatnose, there’s one violent crime per every MILLION rides on the subway. Care to compare that to your Pennsyltucky flyover hellhole?

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2024 6:24 PM

The spirit of St Daniel Penny watched over her

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2024 6:25 PM

meanwhile....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2024 6:34 PM

R17 takes one stabbing and says, "See? See?" Fuck off, MAGAt troll. And take your MAGAt-ass, Dump-loving NY Post with you.

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2024 7:50 PM

20 million people live in the NY metro. Almost the same as the entire population of Florida.

One stabbing is honestly statistically nothing. But trolls know that.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2024 7:59 PM

Meanwhile, on the opposite side of the country ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2024 8:00 PM

This is why nobody travels with you, R20. Nobody.

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2024 8:09 PM

Don't sleep on the subway, darlin'

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2024 8:17 PM

r22 I used to think Petula was singing about the subway, too, but much later in life I learned that in British English, "subway" means an underground pedestrian passageway, not the train system. And that's what she was referring to.

by Anonymousreply 23April 22, 2024 8:25 PM

I[quote]t's always like for 3-4 million people who use the subway daily, the vast vast majority of people don't experience any danger.

Well duh.

You can also travel in a car without a seat belt, or drive a motorcycle without a helmet or walk along a beach during a lightning storm....and never experience any danger.

by Anonymousreply 24April 22, 2024 8:29 PM

[quote]t's always like for 3-4 million people who use the subway daily, the vast vast majority of people don't experience any danger.

Well duh.

You can also travel in a car without a seat belt, or drive a motorcycle without a helmet or walk along a beach during a lightning storm....and never experience any danger.

by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2024 8:30 PM

[quote] She rode it for 24 hours

And she didn’t witness a shooting or stabbing? Well, that settles it! Crime doesn’t exist in NYC! This magical sage can now complete the city census for us by gathering data in one building. Think of the tax savings!

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2024 8:59 PM

Don’t tell the poor everyone-is-a-Trumper-who-doesn’t-agree-with-me troll that the Dem mayor and Dem Governor of NYC are trying to make the subways LESS DANGEROUS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2024 9:06 PM

Oh, she went to the Ditmas Avenue station which serves part of Borough Park with a large religious Jewish population. Was she expecting a run in with The Oys from the Hood?

She needs to wander around the R train Court Street station when it’s not rush hour and make her way from the platform to the street.

by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2024 9:20 PM

It must be horrible to live your life in constant, mortal fear of something terrible happening to you.

The level of paranoia among the posters on this thread (and all of these crime threads) is off the charts.

Are you people afraid of your own shadows?

by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2024 9:29 PM

R29 is reporting in from Bumfuck, IA and would piss her pants if a Girl Scout came up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 30April 22, 2024 9:32 PM

A lot of butt-hurt bitches here livid that NYC is NOT, in fact, the dangerous city their MAGAt asses wish it was, and will use any pathetic excuse to dismiss this report.

HAHAHAHAHA, CUNTS!

by Anonymousreply 31April 22, 2024 9:53 PM

You are incorrect, asshole @R30.

50 years a resident of Philly and its suburbs and proud, long time rider of SEPTA regional rails.

Try harder, cunt breath.

by Anonymousreply 32April 22, 2024 10:00 PM

[quote]A lot of butt-hurt bitches here livid that NYC is NOT, in fact, the dangerous city their MAGAt asses wish it was...

For any person used to living in a civil society, NYC (or any big US city) is indeed dangerous.

[quote]50 years a resident of Philly

Philadelphia carjackings in 2022: 1,311 - homicides 2021: 562

Nothing to see here....

by Anonymousreply 33April 22, 2024 10:05 PM

[quote] For any person used to living in a civil society, NYC (or any big US city) is indeed dangerous.

Receipts, R33.

And you don't live in ANY big city, stupid MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 34April 22, 2024 10:07 PM

R34

Receipts? Easy:

I lived in Italy for nearly 4 decades:

Homicides: Italy 2022: 319 in a population of 60 million people.

As I said: For any person used to living in a civil society, NYC (or any big US city) is indeed dangerous.

Homicides: Philadelphia "The city of Brothers Love" 2022: 514 in a population of 1.567 million.

by Anonymousreply 35April 22, 2024 10:18 PM

So, R35, you have no stats on NYC. Here you go, the latest.

And I quote from the NYPD: "Month sees significant crime reductions in nation’s largest subway system, sustained drops in shootings, homicides, overall crime citywide."

Poor MAGAt Mary--looking to live in a civil society--like Flyoverstan Bumfuck MAGAtland.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 22, 2024 10:22 PM

[quote]Try harder, cunt breath

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth when you fuck her?

by Anonymousreply 37April 22, 2024 10:28 PM

[quote]Month sees significant crime reductions in nation’s largest subway system

So safe the governor called in the National Guard.

Meanwhile the mayor is testing out weapons detection technology for the subway.

CBS NEW YORK March 29th: "With subway violence top of mind for many riders, Mayor Eric Adams announced the plan to purchase mobile weapons detectors for the transit system Thursday."

That's how safe it is.

by Anonymousreply 38April 22, 2024 10:29 PM

Whoever did the close-captions should be shot— 4th and Street? Columbia circle?!

by Anonymousreply 39April 22, 2024 10:30 PM

R38 is a smacked ass who tries to pooh-pooh actual stats from the NYPD.

FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 40April 22, 2024 10:30 PM

R7 no shit, Sherlock!😵‍💫

by Anonymousreply 41April 22, 2024 10:30 PM

R38 would want us to believe merely to live in a city is to court death.

And where do YOU live?

by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2024 10:31 PM

R11 I’ll take that bet —I ride the subway at least 8 time a week—-I could record the same video —and at least my captions would reference accurate station names!

by Anonymousreply 43April 22, 2024 10:32 PM

Notice how silent R38 gets when she's asked where she lives? It's the same every time with these losers!

by Anonymousreply 44April 22, 2024 10:37 PM

Homicides in a subway system? Americans are so desensitized to crime that headlines like this mean nothing:

ABC Eyewitness News March 15th 2024:

"While shootings have gone down above ground in New York City, they've actually increased underground in the city's transit system."

"There have been more subway shooting victims so far this year compared to all of last year. Most of those victims were innocent bystanders involved in a subway platform shooting in the Bronx last month."

"Plus, more gun arrests have been made in the subway. There have been 17 arrests so far this year, compared to eight during all of 2023."

by Anonymousreply 45April 22, 2024 10:43 PM

Ah good old channel7: if it bleeds, it leads!

Fuck off R45

by Anonymousreply 46April 22, 2024 10:46 PM

Where do you live, R45?

by Anonymousreply 47April 22, 2024 10:50 PM

R45 is a coward who doesn't want to admit she could never hack it in NYC (or any big city). So she ignores NYPD reports that don't suit her false narrative (like a true Mary MAGAt).

by Anonymousreply 48April 22, 2024 10:53 PM

In what civilized society does shit like this exist?:

NYTimes Oct 20, 2023:

"This year through Oct. 15, there had been 15 people pushed off subway platforms in New York City, compared with 22 during the same period last year, the police said."

LOL. That's 37 people tossed onto the tracks.

But yeah...it's perfectly safe.

by Anonymousreply 49April 22, 2024 10:56 PM

That’s a decrease year over year…a year of bat hit craziness everywhere in earth. Tell me me something relevant.

by Anonymousreply 50April 22, 2024 11:00 PM

bat *shit

by Anonymousreply 51April 22, 2024 11:01 PM

R49 You don’t live here, or you wouldn’t make such idiotic posts…

Although, you might live on SI and work for the Post… that’s somehow plausible based on your history

by Anonymousreply 52April 22, 2024 11:03 PM

R28. I was held up at gunpoint walking from that station past (not in) the park at 11 pm thirty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 53April 22, 2024 11:04 PM

R52, she's a coward who won't admit she never sets foot in NYC but acts like she's an expert. Here it is again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 22, 2024 11:05 PM

Imagine! Crime happens in a population of 9 million, or 4 million, or 3 million!

So uncivil!

by Anonymousreply 55April 22, 2024 11:07 PM

R55 so silly of New Yorkers to be worried!

The Manhattan Institute poll conducted between April 8th and 11th 2024:

"Public safety is far and away the most important issue to New Yorkers of all political stripes. It was named by 40% of likely voters as their top concern, with housing costs trailing far behind at 22%, and migrants/immigration at 16%."

Siena Poll NYC 2023:

"A new Siena College poll found that a majority of New Yorkers are afraid they’ll be the victim of a crime."

"Sixty-one percent of New Yorkers are either very or somewhat concerned that they might be a victim of a crime according to a new survey of New York residents released today from the Siena College Research Institute"

by Anonymousreply 56April 22, 2024 11:18 PM

Well, then, R56, isn't it splendid that you don't live in NYC! End of story.

Now, fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 57April 22, 2024 11:22 PM

^^^^ maturity level of a grade school bully.

by Anonymousreply 58April 22, 2024 11:39 PM

[quote][R29] is reporting in from Bumfuck, IA and would piss her pants if a Girl Scout came up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder.

Aren't the Girl Scouts in NYC all armed with Glocks? They have to protect that cookie money somehow.

by Anonymousreply 59April 23, 2024 12:14 AM

R34 It’s okay to debate whether crimes do or do not happen in NYC at a rate to cause alarm. It’s also okay to sound off on whether or not you agree it’s worse or better than before — or how NYC is compared to other cities.

When you vomit bile and accusations at actual Democrat city dwellers that they are GOP moles because they have a different take than you, it’s clear you need to get some hobbies outside of politics/Twitter, etc. Really. If it’s not coming with spin from pundits you reject it as a concern for others who it affects.

I rode the NYC subway the morning the shitty-shot mass shooter tried his tricks a few stops from where I lived. I rode that line later that night. So did lots of other people. NYers are not pussies.

I also know someone who had the shit kicked out of him on a train last year by a group of 20 somethings before midnight around Union Square. He tried to chat with them, possibly a bit wasted after a show.

Two friends knew a NYer pushed to her death from a subway platform.

NYers have also been stuck in train cars with more unpredictable, menacing people than they can count. One guy in my car was in a complete rage lunging around, screaming. He finally got off the train, grabbed a metal garbage can and hurled it into our train door as it closed. Big deal, garbage not a gun, and he may or may not fall under the mental health category. But he definitely was violent.

The DEM mayor was elected because he was an ex cop saying he’d be tough on crime. People can want a better quality of life no matter where they live. It’s not partisan.

by Anonymousreply 60April 23, 2024 1:06 AM

R58, that's not bullying. You just can't handle yourself in an argument.

I repeat: it's a good thing you donm't live in NYC. And since you don't, you have nothing to offer about NYC.

by Anonymousreply 61April 23, 2024 1:12 AM

[quote] And she didn’t witness a shooting or stabbing? Well, that settles it! Crime doesn’t exist in NYC!

Meanwhile Defacto you do the opposite — post one crime and claim that’s everyone’s experience.

You do have a way of self-sabotaging, don’t you, elephant snout?

by Anonymousreply 62April 23, 2024 1:21 AM

The DEM mayor is the biggest pvssy in New York. Remember when he got his ear pierced to prove he would keep his promise as mayor?

by Anonymousreply 63April 23, 2024 2:34 AM

^^^ Defacto is like that fart that won’t degas from a room

by Anonymousreply 64April 23, 2024 3:06 AM

Defacto is just mad that he lives in a decayed and meaningless rustberg in the middle of a sea of hicks and the urbane gays of NYC and LA laugh at him — for good reason.

by Anonymousreply 65April 23, 2024 3:08 AM

Having a HUGE underclass streaming into the US because of the WIDE OPEN BORDERS policy is contributing to this.

by Anonymousreply 66April 23, 2024 3:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!