Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Steve McQueen is Cool as Card Shark "The Cincinnati Kid"

Director Norman Jewison, who excelled with ensemble actors & storytelling, had a winning hand in 1965's "The Cincinnati Kid." Along w/ the star trio Steve McQueen, Tuesday Weld, & Ann-Margret, the atmospheric tale of stud poker playing boasts an incredible cast of veteran actors, w/ Edward G. Robinson in one of his best latter day performances. Eddie's scenes w/ an equally impressive McQueen are memorable. My take on "The Cincinnati Kid" here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2024 6:45 PM

On TCM today at 6 pm/ET. Also on Tubi.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2024 1:01 PM

"Card Shark"

Oh, dear...

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2024 1:03 PM

It's occurred to me that Steve McQueen seems to be his generation's Daniel Craig.

Minus the sense of humor, of course.

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2024 1:05 PM

Not my favorite McQueen film or even close but he is my all time fav. That ride up to Boot Hill where he totally steals the scene from Yul was an all time classic.

Gone far to soon

S/F

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2024 1:17 PM

No sense of humor you say?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2024 1:56 PM

Steve's scenes with Tuesday Weld are very charming and quirky. Here's a free copy of "The Cincinnati Kid" courtesy of Marjorie Taylor Greene's favorite movie channel : )

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2024 2:05 PM

Is there any chili?

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2024 2:58 PM

I couldn't get over how anachronistic Tuesday Weld and Ann-Margret's hair was.

It's supposed to be the 1930s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2024 3:21 PM

You forgot to mention Joan Blondell, who won the NBR Award for Supporting Actress (and was nominated for a Golden Globe) for this.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2024 3:53 PM

Ann-Margret looks totally '60s in this movie doing her kitten with a whip routine, the only dud in the cast...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2024 6:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!