Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actor Grant Williams

He played the lead role of Scott Carey in the 1957 film "The Incredible Shrinking Man." Total hottie! Gorgeous eyes, beautiful hair, handsome face. The movie is a schlock classic, but if I found this three-inch-tall guy duking it out with a spider in my basement, I'd save him and keep him in my shirt pocket. I'd do anything to return him to a normal size so I could look him in the eyes while I fuck him.

He's one of those guys who looks better and better the more he looks like shit. He was a veteran of the Korean War, and died in 1985 at 53 of peritonitis. Anyone know why he didn't get more, better roles? He was kind of "discovered" by Rosalind Russell. Maybe she kept him in HER pocket (or a gilded cage at home - MEOW). Was he a sister?

For the moment, I'm obsessed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2024 11:08 PM

He was gay.

From WIKI:

Williams died on July 28, 1985, aged 53, at the Los Angeles Veterans Administration Hospital, where he had been receiving treatment for blood poisoning.

HIV/AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 1April 21, 2024 10:45 PM

I get him mixed up with Grant Withers.

by Anonymousreply 2April 21, 2024 10:56 PM

Thanks, R2. Now I'll think of him every time I see Nurse Withers in "Murder by Death."

by Anonymousreply 3April 21, 2024 10:59 PM

I hadn't thought of AIDS, R1. The timing is right, to be sure. The X post suggests peritonitis and it resonated with me, as I suffered from it after my appendix burst in 2011. The condition used to be untreatable - my great-grandmother died of the same condition in 1957.

by Anonymousreply 4April 21, 2024 11:04 PM

If you know he was gay, R1, please continue. Do you have any stories? Knowledge of any connections?

by Anonymousreply 5April 21, 2024 11:06 PM

[quote]Who dies of peritonitis these days?!

[quote]No one!

by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2024 11:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!