Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Un Amore”- I recommend this Italian television series to those of you who enjoy romantic dramas!

I live in Europe so I was able to watch it and am aware that it did not air in the states (as most foreign series don’t) but I was told you can find the series to stream on those websites, and the version with the English subtitles.

If you do not understand Italian nor do you like reading subtitles do not waist your time, but if you do not mind, I will just say I enjoyed it.

No, it is not perfect, but I enjoyed the atmosphere the show created, the sexuality between the two leads, the acting is terrific and some of the scenery and cinematography are beautiful.

It is about two very young Italians who are traveling through Spain (separately), who happen to end up meeting and exploring together and really loving one another until they part ways. However, they keep in touch via letters and emails for over 20 years and always plan to meet up again but never do, until one day they finally do meet up again and those old feelings they had for one another 20 years prior come rushing back. I love the actors playing the older versions of their characters. The younger actors are great too but they look nothing like their older counterparts. At all. That has been the biggest criticism of this series from critics.

It’s a romantic drama and 6 episodes, and the series jumps back and forth between them while young to them now in their 40s.

The trailer below is in Italian but if you watch it on the YouTube app/site you can turn on English subtitles.

“Un Amore” aka “One Love” aka “My Love” (as IMDb has titled it).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2024 7:47 AM

So it's like the Before trilogy meets Normal People, but in Italian.

by Anonymousreply 1April 21, 2024 6:56 PM

Has OP has wondered in from iVillage after a 20 year coma?

by Anonymousreply 2April 21, 2024 7:01 PM

R2 how does that make sense? This series aired at the beginning of this year.

by Anonymousreply 3April 21, 2024 10:29 PM

R1 Normal People was about two teens who rekindle their romance 20+ years later?

by Anonymousreply 4April 21, 2024 10:40 PM

Episode 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 21, 2024 10:45 PM

Episode 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2024 10:46 PM

Episode 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 21, 2024 10:46 PM

Episode 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 21, 2024 10:46 PM

Episode 5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 21, 2024 10:47 PM

Episode 6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 21, 2024 10:47 PM

Thanks, OP, and for the helpful alternate titles, too. Will watch for it on various streaming services in another part of Europe.

by Anonymousreply 11April 21, 2024 11:05 PM

R11 all 6 episodes are posted right there.

by Anonymousreply 12April 21, 2024 11:09 PM

Just a heads up, all of the episodes have English subtitles

by Anonymousreply 13April 21, 2024 11:52 PM

r4 Hence the "meets" part, implying it's only one element of the series. Reading comprehension is pretty important in this economy, dear.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2024 3:28 AM

R14 Marianne and Connell have known each other since they were children. They grew up around each other but never were friends. He was a popular athlete while she was a mousy nerd everyone bullied. Connell’s mother even worked for Marianne’s mother in Normal People.

It wasn’t the same.

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2024 3:32 AM

Gratzi OP 🤭

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2024 4:17 PM

I thought it was homosex. OP misled me

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2024 4:20 PM

[quote]I thought it was homosex. OP misled me

Hence my comment about iVillage, r3.

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2024 4:31 PM

OP never said anything about gay. Italian tv doesn’t have much gay anything.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2024 4:43 PM

OP literally provided a trailer link with a WOMAN as the screen. I’m confused why jobless retard thought it was a gay show.

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2024 4:44 PM

Why would somebody here make an effort to watch something about breeders?

There are other European series that can be streamed in the U.S. that are about male-male relationships.

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2024 10:16 PM

R21 time to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2024 10:47 PM

^ Womyn on the land! Womyn on the land!

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2024 3:45 AM

^ Womyn on the land! Womyn on the land!

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2024 3:45 AM

R21? I was thinking the same thing.

OP sounds like a frau.

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2024 7:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!