Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

David Beckham sues Mark Wahlberg over fitness brand deal that cost him $10.5 million

The former soccer star's company, David Beckham Ventures Ltd [DBVL], alleges that Wahlberg's firm, Mark Wahlberg Investment Group [MWIG], along with F45 gym group founders Adam Gilchrist and Rob Deutsch, "duped" Beckham into becoming a global ambassador for F45 in 2020.

According to The Sun, DB Ventures Ltd claims that shares in F45 were promised to Beckham's firm early in 2022 as part of a deal. However, Beckham suffered substantial financial losses when the promised stocks were not delivered until after their value plummeted from around $12 to $3 per share. His legal team claims this delay cost him up to $10.5 million [£8.5 million] in potential profit.

In response, Wahlberg and his co-defendants refute the "fraudulent conduct" allegations and seek dismissal of the lawsuit, arguing that DB Ventures Ltd is deflecting responsibility, noting that "The 209-page, 610-paragraph SAC [complaint] tries to make up with length what it lacks in merit."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2024 12:09 PM

Maybe a tough call but Team David regardless of the facts and law.

by Anonymousreply 1April 21, 2024 5:57 PM

David team

by Anonymousreply 2April 21, 2024 6:02 PM

I am so sad that one of these multi millionaires will have a few million less dollars.

by Anonymousreply 3April 21, 2024 6:04 PM

This is stupid. Beckham is practically a billionaire and Wahlberg is worth like $300 million. Neither needs the $10 million. This is just petty nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 4April 21, 2024 6:46 PM

Anything to take Marky Mark down a notch is fine by me. I don’t get his success as an actor at all.

by Anonymousreply 5April 21, 2024 6:48 PM

I would never do business with Mark Walberg. I hope he loses in court.

by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2024 6:55 PM

If I owe you 1000 of my 10,000 stocks why in the fuck would I want to see the price of your shares drop drastically before I pay you?

1000 shares is 1000 shares

by Anonymousreply 7April 21, 2024 7:01 PM

[quote] This is stupid. Beckham is practically a billionaire and Wahlberg is worth like $300 million. Neither needs the $10 million. This is just petty nonsense.

I think he's doing it on principle.

Also, maybe letting others know that Mark Wahlberg is a shady "businessman."

by Anonymousreply 8April 21, 2024 7:03 PM

I bet neither man is personally involved in this lawsuit. It's all being handled by the lawyers and they'll probably be updated when there's a resolution. It's such a trivial amount of money I wonder why they even bothered telling the media. Team David though because Mark Wahlberg is the epitome of low-brow trash.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2024 12:03 PM

Team David!

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2024 12:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!