Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BBC: US Migrant crisis shifts from Texas to California

In the absence of transitional centres, Border Patrol agents are now dropping off some 900 people a day at bus and train stations in San Diego, a city of around 1.3 million people. At the Iris Avenue Transit Center, a swelling crowd of migrants milled around on a Sunday afternoon earlier this month, exhausted and relieved.

"It used to be in the Obama administration, in the Trump administration, and Bush and even Clinton, that migrants coming across the border illegally would run from border patrol agents. Now they're running to them," Jim Desmond, San Diego County Commissioner said. "And they're being processed and being dropped off and jumping ahead of the line. And anytime you have some entity that allows people to jump ahead of the line, chaos ensues."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 23, 2024 11:11 PM

I guess Gavin Newsom just needs to put these "Pesky People" on a Greyhound bus to Texas or Florida. Better yet, ship them to Mississippi, Alabama, or South Carolina and let those states deal with the mess they've created.

by Anonymousreply 1April 21, 2024 6:01 AM

R1, they didn’t create it.

by Anonymousreply 2April 21, 2024 6:18 AM

[quote] "And they're being processed and being dropped off and jumping ahead of the line. And anytime you have some entity that allows people to jump ahead of the line, chaos ensues."

Deliberate administration policy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 21, 2024 9:36 AM

They must be inline for the EBT Cards.

by Anonymousreply 4April 21, 2024 10:13 AM

I'm telling you, the 2024 election is going to look something like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 21, 2024 11:02 AM

I said it before and I will say it again, Red states always ship their problems to Blue states and then point the finger.

by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2024 11:10 AM

R3, I genuinely wonder what goes on in your head. The article you post doesn’t support the idea that the Biden administration has deliberately made this situation through policy. There is no evidence or reasoning as to why they would. In fact, as the article cites, Republicans have blocked funding and policy changes to address the situation.

Are you this genuinely stupid? Mean spirited? Partisan? Your kind of laziness is exactly why we have the political environment we have.

by Anonymousreply 7April 21, 2024 11:11 AM

Well R5 based on that map, when Ronald Reagan won he was the oldest president in history. Ergo, Biden will wipe that map just like Ronny only all blue.

by Anonymousreply 8April 21, 2024 11:12 AM

R8, your logic? Just that oldest wins?

by Anonymousreply 9April 21, 2024 11:16 AM

But in this case R6 Texas has tried to essentially seal off their land border with Mexico to the point of even blocking the border patrol from accessing it in cetain areas. That has left California as the most open spot on the border. They aren't showing up in Texas and then being sent to California. They're arriving in California.

by Anonymousreply 10April 21, 2024 9:18 PM

Send 'em back to Texas.

by Anonymousreply 11April 21, 2024 10:01 PM

This is good for California.

California is a sanctuary State. This is what the voters want and they should not be deprived.

"In October 2017, Governor Jerry Brown signed a bill, SB 54, that makes California a "sanctuary state". It prohibits local and state agencies from cooperating with ICE regarding undocumented individuals who have committed misdemeanors."

"The Bill requires non-cooperation between state and federal law enforcement authorities. It requires this when it comes to issues related to the enforcement of immigration laws."

So it is a win-win for California and the migrants.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2024 2:36 AM

So is the media ever going to talk about the Russian funding driving these "illegal caravans"?

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2024 2:38 AM

R1 wow! It’s amazing how brainwashed progressives are now.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2024 2:38 AM

[quote]It’s amazing how brainwashed progressives are now.

Projecting like a 120-screen cineplex, this one is.

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2024 2:48 AM

Send them all back! Fake refugees.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2024 2:51 AM

The fact that this shit goes on and on and on is insane

Or intentional

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2024 2:52 AM

I had a friend just last night tell me that while she has always voted Dem. She will be voting for Republicans now based on her experience as a San Diego homeowner.

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2024 3:08 AM

Economic Migrants. They’re here for free welfare checks and accommodations. These people are opportunistic cunts.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2024 3:15 AM

R19 and the Biden administration for some reason has decided to let them all in.

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2024 3:25 AM

[quote]I had a friend just last night tell me that while she has always voted Dem. She will be voting for Republicans now based on her experience as a San Diego homeowner.

Your "friend" sounds like a selfish simplistic idiot. DJT wants to destroy the American institution, he inspired an insurrection resulting in over 100 Capital police being injured, stacked the Supreme Court with activist conservative judge, and all she cares about is people she never met, crossing a boarder? Sounds like the same type of cunt who will higher those very same people to clean her house, paid under the table for less than minimum wage.

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2024 7:42 AM

Amnesty for ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS! - Ronald Reagan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2024 7:45 AM

To be honest, R18, her switching from Democrat to Republican won't mean much since hell would have to freeze over for any Republican candidate to win statewide in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 23April 22, 2024 8:07 AM

R21, which part of San Francisco do you live?

by Anonymousreply 24April 22, 2024 8:12 AM

That's irrelevant R23, I know a few people who talk like that and I call them out in person. It' has to be done or they just going on thinking they are right without anyone question their thought process. Do I think it will change their mind? Probably not, but disrupting them even for a minute knocks them of their high horse spouting thoughtless BS. If you see something, say something, otherwise you are part of the problem and not the solution.

by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2024 8:13 AM

Ridiculous R5. It will be close to 50/50 and one of them will have slightly more votes (maybe only100k or so) and win. It's going to be real nasty and leave a bad taste.

If Dump wins then then the conservatives are coming for us gays immediately. Their plans are laid out for all to see in Project 25 and we are one of the first in their sights and they want gay marriage gone, all LGBT protections gone and then they're going to ban a whole lot of things because they want us to fade away into the background so they can pretend we don't exist again. Like we used to have to in the past. Where if you were seen making too much noise you got beaten until you learned or died and you were discriminated against in the workplace, public, housing, business etc. They want to be able to do that again with legal impunity.

Dump's plans are laid out in Agenda 47 and he wants to remove all language from official governmental bodies, policies, laws and rules which refer to LGBT people and all federally mandated anti-discriminations laws which that pertain to gays so that we don't exist, have no protections and anything can be done to us. It's not just the trans - it's mostly us they're coming for. The trans hysteria was just the way to get the door open.

And if you thought that the trans were erasing gay children - just wait until you see what these people have in store for us gays.

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2024 9:20 AM

[quote] If Dump wins then then the conservatives are coming for us gays immediately. Their plans are laid out for all to see in Project 25 and we are one of the first in their sights and they want gay marriage gone

Gay marriage has been codified. It’s completely protected. Keep going with the hysterics though.

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2024 9:28 AM

Here R27:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2024 9:40 AM

Here R27:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2024 9:56 AM

Here R27:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 22, 2024 9:57 AM

¡Ay Díos Mío!

by Anonymousreply 31April 22, 2024 10:32 AM

[quote] cunt who will higher those very same people

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 32April 22, 2024 12:28 PM

"wHY wONT sLEEPY jOE cLOEZ tEH bOARDER??"

Well bitch, the Biden administration put the strictest border protection bill in decades through Congress and Donny had his minions kill the bill so he'd have "tEH bOARDER" to run on.

[bold]IT'S

A

MANUFACTURED

FUCKING

CRISIS.[/bold]

So please shut all the way the fuck up about immigration.

by Anonymousreply 33April 22, 2024 2:54 PM

Unraveling gay marriage is a legal nightmare on so many levels that it will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 34April 22, 2024 2:59 PM

R33 Clearly you don't live near the border. It is far from manufactured. Ruining our country. This is exactly why the Dems will lose. Scary times ahead for sure.

by Anonymousreply 35April 22, 2024 3:03 PM

OP: There's no "crisi", it's as made up as anything else. You can't have your cheap food and services without immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 36April 22, 2024 3:05 PM

R33 what aspects of OP's shared BBC article is fake or manufactured? Please enlighten us.

by Anonymousreply 37April 22, 2024 3:06 PM

The gay marriage fight has been over since the day Massachusetts passed legalization.

Article IV, Section 1 of the United States Constitution, the Full Faith and Credit Clause, addresses the duty that states within the United States have to respect the "public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state".

If 49 states did not permit gay marriages in their state they would still be required to recognize marriage from the one state that so allowed. And by my count 42 states plus the District of Columbia have passed such legislation.

by Anonymousreply 38April 22, 2024 3:09 PM

R36 Where do you live that has cheap food and services? Nowhere near where I live, that's for damn sure. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 39April 22, 2024 3:17 PM

I would definitely pick Cali over Texass.

by Anonymousreply 40April 22, 2024 3:22 PM

Please........if things it's gotten more expensive its because businesses have inflated prices above and beyond any increases in inputs like labor. If people were paid a living wage, you'd be paying more, although then you wouldn't be subsidizing the low wages with SNAP, Medicaid, subsidized housing, etc. Trolls are always creating "crises" that don't exist. Immigration poses less of a threat than bots and right wing billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 41April 22, 2024 4:50 PM

Normally any topics on the immigration crisis are dismissed with something like "Murdoch paper ..." or "conservatives are only saying this." But this can't be said about the BBC. So now what?

by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2024 11:07 PM

We're fine, we send our love.

by Anonymousreply 43April 22, 2024 11:09 PM

If they could overturn Roe, Obergefell is a no-brainer.

It's going to be a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 44April 22, 2024 11:11 PM

I welcome BBC migrants!

by Anonymousreply 45April 23, 2024 11:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!