Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Columbine High

25 years ago today, two gay twinks shot up a high school because they were bullied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2024 6:39 PM

They weren’t bullied. If anything, they were bullies but they were more like non-entities to the cool kids. I remembe4 when the shooting happened, seeing all those kids running away then being interviewed - they looked so jock-y. Males and females. It was before the obesity epidemic. They all had perfect hair, perfect clothes.

Harris & Klebold didn’t get invited to parties, didn’t get to score with hot girls. They were 1990s incels.

by Anonymousreply 1April 21, 2024 2:34 AM

That’s correct. They were the bullies. Dave Cullin debunked lie after lie in his book “Columbine”.

by Anonymousreply 2April 21, 2024 2:36 AM

[quote]two gay twinks

Why is DL always trying to associate the worst people on the planet with being gay or secretly gay?

by Anonymousreply 3April 21, 2024 2:38 AM

[quote]Why is DL always trying to associate the worst people on the planet with being gay or secretly gay?

It's wishful thinking in a twisted way

by Anonymousreply 4April 21, 2024 2:48 AM

It's a shame they didn't make, and follow through, with a suicide pact leaving everyone else alone.

They were wastes of oxygen and losers.

by Anonymousreply 5April 21, 2024 2:48 AM

OP seems to be confusing Columbine with the movie “Elephant” which was inspired by Columbine and had the two killers make out in the shower before the massacre. But that was Gus Van Sant’s invention.

by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2024 2:51 AM

A depressed kid and a psychopath.

In popular usage, almost any crazy killer is a “psychopath.” But in psychiatry, it’s a very specific mental condition that rarely involves killing, or even psychosis. “Psychopaths are not disoriented or out of touch with reality, nor do they experience the delusions, hallucinations, or intense subjective distress that characterize most other mental disorders,” writes Dr. Robert Hare, in Without Conscience, the seminal book on the condition. (Hare is also one of the psychologists consulted by the FBI about Columbine and by Slate for this story.*) “Unlike psychotic individuals, psychopaths are rational and aware of what they are doing and why. Their behavior is the result of choice, freely exercised.” Diagnosing Harris as a psychopath represents neither a legal defense, nor a moral excuse. But it illuminates a great deal about the thought process that drove him to mass murder.

Diagnosing him as a psychopath was not a simple matter. Harris opened his private journal with the sentence, “I hate the f—ing world.” And when the media studied Harris, they focused on his hatred—hatred that supposedly led him to revenge. It’s easy to get lost in the hate, which screamed out relentlessly from Harris’ Web site:

“YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!? Cuuuuuuuuhntryyyyyyyyyy music!!! …“YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!? People who say that wrestling is real!! …“YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!? People who use the same word over and over again! … Read a f—in book or two, increase your vo-cab-u-lary f*ck*ng idiots.”“YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!? STUPID PEOPLE!!! Why must so many people be so stupid!!? … YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!? When people mispronounce words! and they dont even know it to, like acrosT, or eXspreso, pacific (specific), or 2 pAck. learn to speak correctly you morons.YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!? STAR WARS FANS!!! GET A FaaaaaaRIGIN LIFE YOU BORING GEEEEEKS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 21, 2024 3:34 AM

That quote at R7 sounds like it was written by a future DataLounger! He probably also hated people who end sentences with prepositions or who drink cappuccinos after 10 am.

by Anonymousreply 8April 21, 2024 3:59 AM

R7 What is the correct pronunciation of Tupac, if not 2-pack?

by Anonymousreply 9April 21, 2024 4:17 AM

One of the moms of the murders has been speaking up about her son's actions. She doesn't have any real answers but noted her son was withdrawn while his friend was polite and respectful to her. The friend was the leader in their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 10April 21, 2024 4:27 AM

R9 Too-pock

by Anonymousreply 11April 21, 2024 4:43 AM

The snooty cool kids of Columbine have been trying to rewrite the story for years, trying to erase Columbine off their resume'. They hired a writer (a gay one, nice touch) to 'debunk' everything but they can't. It will taint their lives forever, as it should.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 21, 2024 4:52 AM

They weren’t gay OP, the assholes at the school just called them fags all the time.

Not really sad about them getting iced.

by Anonymousreply 13April 21, 2024 5:26 AM

[quote] They weren’t gay OP, the assholes at the school just called them fags all the time.

Wrong. The perps were the bullies. They called others way worse than that.

by Anonymousreply 14April 21, 2024 6:22 AM

R13 is a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 15April 21, 2024 6:22 AM

There’s an excellent book called Columbine by David Cullen. It dispels the myth that they were sad bullied outcasts. They were stone cold weirdos whose peers hated them because they were asbos.

by Anonymousreply 16April 21, 2024 7:57 AM

Dave Cullen's book was optioned by Lifetime for a mini-series around 2012. There was an online petition against it and many former Columbine students and parents signed it.

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2024 4:43 PM

I don't know why it stuck in my mind but when I hear Columbine I immediately think of the boy and girl students sitting on the school lawn having lunch and getting blown away.

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2024 4:48 PM

I read r18 three times before I saw the word "away."

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2024 4:59 PM

Sad. If only they had channeled all that hate and taken it to DL they would have realized they were not weirdo outcasts,

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2024 5:08 PM

Dave Cullen's book was very good - not just about the shooting, but also the pre-shooting culture of the school, the impact of the evangelical communities & insight into how certain stories (the one about the girl believing in god, or some such thing) turned into myths.

I remember watching the footage on CNN (back before everything was online) and being so horrified. By today's school shooting stats, the death count wasn't really that high

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2024 6:25 PM

OP, they were not neither twinks nor gay. They were also underage at the time of their deaths. Seek professional help.

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2024 6:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!