Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Thank You America!’: Ukraine’s Zelensky and Israel’s Netanyahu hail $95 billion Aid Package

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Israeli leader Benjamin Netanyahu have thanked US lawmakers after they voted in favor of new aid packages for their countries worth billions of dollars.

“Thank you, America!” Zelensky wrote on his Telegram on Saturday, shortly after the House of Representatives passed the long-delayed Ukraine Security Supplemental Appropriations Act by a vote of 311-112.

The bill was part of a wider $95 billion package providing foreign aid for Ukraine, Israel and the Indo-Pacific region. It provides nearly $61 billion to help Ukraine and others in the region fight Russia, while the House also passed funding worth $26.4 billion for Israel and $8.1 billion to counter China’s actions in the Indo-Pacific.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2024 7:54 AM

Thank you india

Thank you terror

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 21, 2024 2:28 AM

They'll be complaining tomorrow that they need more.

by Anonymousreply 2April 21, 2024 2:32 AM

A mess that will cost Biden bigly.

by Anonymousreply 3April 21, 2024 2:38 AM

The Pax Americana must continue at any cost!

by Anonymousreply 4April 21, 2024 2:44 AM

I’m happy Ukraine got their aid. I hope Putin is furious his ongoing attempt to feed Kremlin propaganda to Republicans (*cough* MTG) and delay aid to Ukraine is doing poorly.

by Anonymousreply 5April 21, 2024 2:47 AM

If we can destroy Russian military capacity without us actually firing a shot, while defending a democracy, why not.

by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2024 2:54 AM

I will have Speaker Johnson removed.

by Anonymousreply 7April 21, 2024 2:54 AM

"The Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) is an index that ranks countries "by their perceived levels of public sector corruption, as determined by expert assessments and opinion surveys."

They rank Ukraine as the most corrupt country in Europe. They rank it lower than China.

And for all the yapping about Orban, Freedom House ranks Ukraine lower than Hungary on its "Freedom Index". Much lower.

I'd lovr to know how much of this money goes to Swiss and Cayman Island bank accounts.

by Anonymousreply 8April 21, 2024 2:55 AM

So, we give up Ukraine because of corruption? There's corruption everywhere. Putin needs to be 6 feet under

by Anonymousreply 9April 21, 2024 3:13 AM

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that U.S. aid to Israel began with JFK, in an effort to dissuade them from developing nuclear weapons. Well, we know how that worked out.

It was a misguided action on the part of President Kennedy, and a failure.

Israel should have never been founded as it was.

And just to add, Arabs are Semites, too.

by Anonymousreply 10April 21, 2024 8:50 AM

Well JFK may have started that with good intentions, but all the Republicans like Regan, Bush 1 and Bush 2 made it happen in spite of how it turned out.

by Anonymousreply 11April 21, 2024 8:53 AM

[quote]A mess that will cost Biden bigly.

Ha, Ha, NO, Sorry Boris, this just put Biden into the very popular category with everyone, including world leaders except MAGA and Russia.

by Anonymousreply 12April 21, 2024 8:55 AM

I'm a taxpayer funding this "Aid Package," and I can't even get a loan from my bank for $1000.

Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 13April 21, 2024 7:15 PM

"A mess that will cost Biden bigly."

As opposed to Donald Trump's "what's in this for me?" brand of diplomacy.

R3, do you think it's mere coincidence that Trump's son-in-law suddenly became a multi-billionaire after he "left office."

by Anonymousreply 14April 21, 2024 8:13 PM

Then you must have very bad credit, R13. That's what I figure.

by Anonymousreply 15April 21, 2024 8:36 PM

You should reward people for doing well. And Ukraine has been masterful in holding back Russian aggression. But the rest of the world should be helping pay as well.

by Anonymousreply 16April 21, 2024 10:45 PM

The rest of the world IS helping, but you wont hear it on Conservative media.

But remember, the US economy is 10 times bigger than most of the EU countries so our contribution reflects that.

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2024 7:30 AM

[quote]I'm a taxpayer funding this "Aid Package," and I can't even get a loan from my bank for $1000. Go figure.

Have you tried credit repair? The only people I know who cant get a loan that small are kids right out of high school or perpetual losers who have defaulted on their payments or credit cards.

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2024 7:33 AM

[quote]So, we give up Ukraine because of corruption? There's corruption everywhere.

There is evil ever around -- fundamental!

System of government quite incidental.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2024 7:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!