Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tori Spelling says she wasn't asked to join “RHOBH” 'Cause I'm Broke': 'Let’s Be Real'

On the April 19 episode of her podcast misSPELLING, the Beverly Hills, 90210 alum, 50, shared her response when fans ask why she hasn’t been cast on the hit Bravo series.

"I'm like, I don't know," Spelling said. "Once, I asked Andy Cohen, who I love and have known forever, been on his show many times. He was like, 'Yeah, we keep getting this question.'"

"And I'm like, 'So, Andy, what's the answer?'” she continued. "He was like, 'Ehh, I don't know. You and the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills? I can't see it.'"

The actress recalled Cohen, 55, asking her if she already knew the cast of the series.

In response, she told the Housewives executive, “Every single one of them I am friends with and have known forever and have a history.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 2, 2024 10:36 PM

What a missed opportunity.

She would be great on the show.

Better than Eileen Davidson and Denise Richads, that's for sure.

I'd love to see how Rinna and Tori would interact. That would be fun.

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2024 5:20 PM

Are we to believe that Brandi Glanville had more disposable income, even with Candi’s parsimoniousness, than Tori Spelling?

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2024 5:34 PM

[quote] ” 'Cause I'm Broke': 'Let’s Be Real'

I think she's perfect!

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2024 5:35 PM

Good point, R2.

I wonder if there's some other reason they don't want Tori on the show?

It's like she said, she is the definition of a Beverly Hills Housewife.

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2024 11:39 PM

R4, it probably has to do with the Housewives brand, which is aspirational. Lots of them don’t really have any money but they spend money like they do.

Tori, if you’ve seen what she wears to the grocery store, doesn’t live an aspirational lifestyle. I seem to remember that her last fight with Dean involved a fully-loaded Wendy’s baked potato.

That is not, I imagine, the lifestyle that Housewives viewers aspire to no matter how luxurious Tori’s surroundings and friend group.

by Anonymousreply 5April 21, 2024 12:15 AM

On the plus side, with her new fillers, plumpers, and plastic surgeries she is soon to be appearing in THE JOCELYNE WILDENSTEIN STORY.

by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2024 12:32 AM

[quote] In response, she told the Housewives executive, “Every single one of them I am friends with and have known forever and have a history.”

Now those are associations to be proud of!

by Anonymousreply 7April 21, 2024 12:33 AM

Her face would turn off viewers, plus she speaks like a 12 year old Valley girl from the early 90s with her overuse of the word like.

Peeing into her son's diaper in traffic, bragging about having the same vadge as an underage teenager:

“I had five C-sections, you guys,” the actress revealed Tuesday. “So, I have to go on record and brag for a second that my OB-GYN says that I have the lady parts of a 14-year-old, ’cause it’s intact. And I didn’t do five C-sections on purpose.”

Hard no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 21, 2024 10:48 PM

Why wasn't something like this cancelled after one season?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 21, 2024 10:53 PM

I think fans should start a Twitter campaign to get her on tge show. I think *not* being aspirational would be a funny contrast to the others. If she gets half her mother's wealth, she'll be far better off than any of the other housewives. As r2 said. Glanville was probably living off child support & alimony. The kid's probably over 18 now.

by Anonymousreply 10April 21, 2024 11:08 PM

R10, her mother already supports her but any wealth coming from Candy will be tied up in trusts, mainly for the grandkids.

Tori is a narcissist suffering from arrested development, so she sounds perfect for those shows. However, her desperation and pathological attention seeking are not endearing at all. Then there's her choice of Dean and staying with him so many years. Nobody normal could stomach either of them.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2024 12:22 AM

Has Dean found a job yet?

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2024 12:51 AM

Tori's ugliness has intensified withage and bad work. She has no right to appear in public/on camera without wearing a covid mask.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2024 3:41 AM

Does that *really*:matter as their property keeps "going there?"

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2024 7:38 AM

Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free?

Tori is an insane oversharer so what could she bring to the show that the public hasn’t heard already?

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2024 7:42 AM

I can only assume there's a HUGE contractual basis from preventing her from going off on Mother Candy

Well, because Mother Candy married an ugly man for money & didn’t lay that narrative to rest.

J guess it's not too horrifyingly embarrassing to admit one's provenance is financial and be stunned when the name keeps coming up.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2024 7:52 AM

First of all, why is Tori Spelling broke? For Christ's sakes, she's Aaron Spelling's daughter. Mother Candy Spelling--you made your point. Give your daughter some money.

Secondly, why in the hell did Tori Spelling have five kids if she's so broke?

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2024 9:16 AM

Oh Toots, being broke has never been a reason yet to keep any of the broads off the RH's franchise. It's more likely they just couldn't come up with any way to make you look trashy/classy. You've got the trashy down pat, but the classy would be too much to ask of Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2024 9:25 AM

It’s desperate HOUSEwives. They need someone with a house. Not an RV or a different rental every six months.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2024 9:34 AM

^ or Real HOUSEwives. I don’t actually watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2024 9:48 AM

Broke, ugly and a face the size of a Buick.

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2024 9:50 AM

R17, Candy pays the rent, utilities, school fees, groceries and for the kids' clothes. Tori has serious money issues and about ten years ago admitted to having 120 or so storage units full of hoarded crap that was costing her a fortune to lease.

Since then, she has not gone into recovery so it's unlikely the number of storage units has decreased. It has probably increased. She earns money mainly by embarrassing herself, her children and her mother. It appears that income is spent on (bad) plastic surgery, a professional make-up artist, ridiculous hair extensions as well as clothes, accessories, and things she hoards/storage fees.

With all the financial help from Candy, she has still amassed huge amounts of debt. She's lucky Candy gives her anything.

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2024 9:51 AM

Tori Spelling seems to have a poverty fetish.

by Anonymousreply 23April 22, 2024 10:08 AM

Do many of the RH cast members rely on Mother and instahoring to fund their lifestyles?

by Anonymousreply 24April 22, 2024 11:05 AM

Someone please tell me why an heiress to a mid 6 figure millions fortune is broke. Did her father really not set anything up? Trusts can be controlled. Did her mom lock her out? Is the Spelling wealth a bunch of BS?

by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2024 12:18 PM

R25, because she buys so much crap and has to pay to store it that she's blown millions. She could out-shop Candy, FFS.

She also could have been realistic about her looks and asked her father to mentor her in producing.

Instead, she created a series of badly acted "reality" shows to perform in and get her attention fix.

She creates situations that lead to her children being bullied, then plays the victim about it.

She is a total fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2024 12:24 PM

[quote] Tori has serious money issues and about ten years ago admitted to having 120 or so storage units full of hoarded crap that was costing her a fortune to lease.

That's me.

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2024 4:05 PM

Don't tell me that Tori Spelling cannot act.

I actually think she's great at comedy, and this is one of my favorite movie moments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2024 4:07 PM

I'm with R19. There probably isn't room to film in her trailer.

by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2024 4:28 PM

[QUOTE]She also could have been realistic about her looks and asked her father to mentor her in producing.

Are you for real? Candy was no prize at all, but she managed to marry the richest, yet ugliest man in Hollywood. Tori doesn't have realistic expectations about anything and punched above her weight in the looks category marriage-wise, bringing the finances to bear, probably thinking she could make out well based on her influence, yet, no.

She's not a male and able to shrug off unfortunate looks as society is more accepting of ogres with swans. And she could not bring the needed cash into the marriage ATM.

by Anonymousreply 30April 22, 2024 4:28 PM

In his will Aaron Spelling left Tori and her brother $800K each and his wife Candy (an ex-hooker) the remaining $600M. I am in the minority here because I really like Tori and think she'd be a great addition to the show, and maybe just what it needs. She is unpretentious and a good person. Most people think of her as a spoiled brat but she really isn't, which is why, having grown up with great wealth and learned money isn't everything, I think she'd be great on RHOBH.

by Anonymousreply 31April 22, 2024 4:29 PM

Bitch Mama Candy Spelling publicly blamed Tori for "killing" her father:

Candy Spelling is blaming the death of her husband Aaron Spelling on the heartache he suffered from daughter Tori’s alleged decision to cut off contact from the family.

Spelling said that she and her “Beverly Hills 90210”star daughter’s relationship has been nonexistent for the past several years.

“Ive always been trying to work on the relationship [with Tori],” Spelling said. “I don’t know what the anger is. My daughter one day decided that she wasn’t speaking to my husband, myself and my son and that’s how it’s continued for the last, oh gosh, four or five years.”

Spelling went one step further however, saying Tori’s abandonment ultimately cost Aaron Spelling his will to live.

“It was sad because that’s what killed my husband actually. He just didn’t want to live after that. You know, He had done everything … he could possibly do for his daughter and she wanted no part of him once he couldn’t do anything for her.”

"I love my mother. I've always loved her [and] no doubt she loves me," Tori said. "There's no feud. We simply never meshed. My mother is who she is. I've become who I am. At some point I realized those two just didn't go together."

by Anonymousreply 32April 22, 2024 4:38 PM

She should team up with Teresa Giudice for another RH franchise.

Real Housewives of Butter Faces.

by Anonymousreply 33April 22, 2024 4:48 PM

R31, that’s truly stunning- trusts can be set up to limit the control of the beneficiary- e.g., a set income but principle controlled by trustee. Cannot fathom that a man with 600 million decades ago would not do such a common and simple thing to prevent potential mismanagement by heirs including his wife.

by Anonymousreply 34April 22, 2024 6:01 PM

R32, something in those quotes, if they are indeed accurate, does not ring true. Randy got the same as Tori but what did he do. Also, if Tori was sop greedy, wouldn't she have been sucking up to her father until the end? That said, Arron owed his children nothing but, also as said, there are such things as "spendthrift" trusts.

by Anonymousreply 35April 22, 2024 6:11 PM

Well, it's interesting R35. Randy Spelling who is a (chuckle) "life coach" was her mother's favorite (probably because he kept his name out of the press) has a net worth of $10M these days and Tori has a net worth of $150K. I would imagine that taking $800K in 2006 dollars and investing it, you could possibly end up with $10M, I don't know. He also lucked out, looking like a better cross between Mom and Dad (pic below) Meanwhile, the day after Tori and her kids were photographed living in an RV, Candy posted a picture of the roses at her multi-million dollar home saying "I'm happy to report that my roses are blooming." She was immediately burned in the comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 22, 2024 6:46 PM

This family is so chic. Perhaps we can arrange a Homeless, not Toothless event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 22, 2024 6:55 PM

LOL - Replace Dorit with Tori! Tori's kids look like they're happy, even with all they've been through.

by Anonymousreply 38April 22, 2024 6:59 PM

It seems to me that Tori has been on Ozempic as she is very skinny now. Too bad she couldn’t share it with her children. Secretly, I think she likes the kids being fat and disheveled looking because it makes her appear more glamorous.

by Anonymousreply 39April 22, 2024 7:02 PM

SNL spoof of Tori.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 22, 2024 9:27 PM

r36 He looks like an Amish stud.

by Anonymousreply 41April 22, 2024 10:33 PM

I hope her kids are gonna enjoy Yogi Bear campground this summer.

by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2024 11:16 PM

R31, good people don't continually humiliate themselves and their children - to the point the kids get bullied - then give interviews whining about the bullying.

Tori lives in a fairyland where she's a beautiful, misunderstood Cinderella getting stiffed at every turn.

She already is supported by Candy and still can't manage the money she earns by instahoring, pumping it into her face and on her hair and hoarded items.

She cannot be trusted with money. That's why she's crying poverty.

by Anonymousreply 43April 23, 2024 12:01 AM

Well, Tori would be the first person to admit she has a problem overspending. I mean, it's obvious. But she's now living in a rented $15K/mo. 5-bedroom house in Woodland Hills, probably paid for by mom after being shamed for letting them live in an RV, so the family is doing better. I wonder if Candy dished out the bucks when Dean announced they were separating. I never watched her on TV but I picked up Stori Telling and liked the way she came off in the book. I think she's a good mom and a good person. Her mom is a piece of work. Coming out and saying Tori was the "actual" cause of his death. Bitch move.

by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2024 12:18 AM

Tori is a real life Veda Pierce.

But Candy is no Mildred, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 45April 23, 2024 12:20 AM

R44, Candy has paid the rent for years and offered houses to Tori during her "mold crisis". Tori started dissing Candy well before Aaron died. She made a series about her life that had Loni Anderson playing her bitchy mother.

Fuck off to Frau Land.

by Anonymousreply 46April 23, 2024 4:25 AM

It’s like being with that one friend who loves shopping sprees at Target, but has no room at their motel.

by Anonymousreply 47April 23, 2024 5:03 AM

The kids are fat and messy and they look like they have sticky hands covered in Walmart brand popsicle juice.

Just like Tori. No wonder Candy doesn’t them around.

by Anonymousreply 48April 23, 2024 5:11 AM

“I don’t understand it, I help you out and then I see the kids eating ‘Cheetos’. Do you know who we are?”

by Anonymousreply 49April 23, 2024 5:21 AM

R36, why do you give any credence to celebrity net worth sites?

We’re you just dropped off a turnip truck?

by Anonymousreply 50April 23, 2024 5:50 AM

R28 Thanks for that.

by Anonymousreply 51April 23, 2024 6:19 AM

Not everyone is Beverly Hills is rich you know, they have homeless just like other cities, there is even a small middle class. She would be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 52April 23, 2024 7:01 AM

It’s time for Tori to start an Only Fans account. Bring in the donkey, but make sure it’s blindfolded. We don’t want it to have limp dick like the last time he saw her.

by Anonymousreply 53April 23, 2024 7:44 AM

Tori also said she wasn’t asked to be a Victoria’s Secret Angel.

Imagine that.

by Anonymousreply 54April 23, 2024 11:19 AM

Her face is hideous at r28.

by Anonymousreply 55April 23, 2024 11:12 PM

She needs a man who respects her success 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 26, 2024 3:45 AM

GOLD, r56.

Power? Success?

She needs a man who can stomach her hideous face and messed up chest.

Some of the photos of Tori at the link are enough to trigger vomiting. At least her father never wore red lipstick in public. That seems to make her uglier.

by Anonymousreply 57April 26, 2024 4:50 AM

[Quote] Further explaining her viewpoint, she told Doherty, “We’re not just women who make money. We’re women that have power, we’re women that have fame. I don’t know any different. I feel guilty.”

JFC. The delusion is stronger than ever.

by Anonymousreply 58April 26, 2024 7:23 AM

R58, she's already severely delusional to put herself in front of a camera. Recently she posed nude. She thinks she's hot!

by Anonymousreply 59April 26, 2024 7:31 AM

What has she done to her face?

She is looking like Wendy Williams.

by Anonymousreply 60April 26, 2024 8:08 AM

She looks like a horse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 26, 2024 9:39 AM

[quote] At least her father never wore red lipstick in public.

I love that you felt it necessary to add the words "in public."

by Anonymousreply 62April 26, 2024 12:07 PM

How the mighty have fallen.

by Anonymousreply 63April 26, 2024 1:57 PM

She was never mighty, her father was.

Honestly, I blame him for how she ended up. He married a shallow, nutty, doll obsessed gold digger, paid minimal attention to raising his kids, then left the whole ball of wax for the gold digger to disperse the money as if she was suddenly a bird of another feather. Old cougars like leopards never change their spots. You would think he would have had enough sense to set up both of HIS kids with at least 10 mill so they would never have to work again. Drop in the bucket. But no, he left someone with the name of CANDY obsessed with Beanie Babies and dolls to actually control his empire and the fate of his spawn.

by Anonymousreply 64April 27, 2024 4:41 AM

I feel bad for her. As a fellow ugly, it’s sad to see how much hatred that inspires

by Anonymousreply 65April 27, 2024 5:27 AM

R65, it's not the ugliness inspiring hate but her delusional views about herself - she thinks she's hot, powerful and successful.

She's a famewhore who milks her drama, demeans her children, exposes them to buying and is herself a person who couldn't work in an iron lung.

by Anonymousreply 66April 27, 2024 12:59 PM

It's kind of irresponsible to raise two kids both Tori and her brother in the lap of luxury without teaching them life skills then just spit them out on the streets with pocket change if you consider how wealthy the Spellings were.

It's one thing to say you are an adult, go make it on your own when you are given life skills to do so, but instead they were taught growing up that being rich means everything is given to you for a price, which is no object. And dont worry, mommy and daddy have so much money when they die you will never have to struggle.

by Anonymousreply 67April 27, 2024 1:00 PM

Buying = bullying

by Anonymousreply 68April 27, 2024 1:10 PM

So she has, like, power, and like, success?

by Anonymousreply 69April 28, 2024 3:19 AM

R66 No, people genuinely hate for inflicting her face on the public

by Anonymousreply 70April 28, 2024 12:16 PM

Tori looks like her mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 28, 2024 5:33 PM

Neiither Candy nor Aaron was particularly unattractive.

I wonder where Tori got her looks from?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 28, 2024 5:34 PM

She got her dad’s shark eyes and her mom’s face shape.

Aaron looks like an older Adam Scott in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 73April 28, 2024 5:41 PM

[quote] Neiither Candy nor Aaron was particularly unattractive.

Are you serious? I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but...they were (Aaron) and are (Candy) hideous.

by Anonymousreply 74April 28, 2024 6:42 PM

Doing more damage to her kids:

“I have five kids,” she said. “Who wants that?”

Those children are so lucky they aren't as ugly as she is. This planet does not need another being with her DNA - what if the new baby looks like her and grows up to be a fruit loop?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 2, 2024 12:20 PM

Those kids all going to end up in a trailer park, probably before the age of 18.

I said it before, this is the legacy of Mr. Spelling and the gold digger wife of his. Oh what a gift to the world.

by Anonymousreply 76May 2, 2024 10:08 PM

Tori should be played by Drew Droege.

by Anonymousreply 77May 2, 2024 10:14 PM

Even Tori doesn’t want to play Tori.

by Anonymousreply 78May 2, 2024 10:31 PM

[QUOTE]Neiither Candy nor Aaron was particularly unattractive.

Did I just really read this on DL?

Do you think the pre-surgical Hadid sisters were ravishing beauties?

by Anonymousreply 79May 2, 2024 10:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!