Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Use AI to write song lyrics for your favourite artist’s next hit

eg this prompt was to write lyrics for a song called Fire Island Anthem for Cher. Could be better, could be worse.

(Verse 1)

With every step we take, the night comes alive,

On this sandy beach, feel our spirits rise.

From Soho to Zona Rosa, we come together as one,

In this celebration, our journey's just begun…

(Chorus)

Beneath the neon lights, the music starts to play,

On Fire Island shores, we begin to sway,

From dusk till dawn, we dance without a care,

In this paradise, where love fills the air.

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2024 6:13 PM

If the Police ever got back together for more fake Reggae:

Well she's walkin' down the street, with her high heels on She's lookin' for a man to pay for some fun Selling love by the hour, that's how she gets by In this world of sin and lies, oh why oh why

(Chorus) Prostitute in the night, sellin' her love under neon lights Looking for a way out of this life, searching for redemption in the dead of night

(Verse 2) She's got bills to pay and mouths to feed Her body is all she has to succeed Trading her dignity for a handful of cash But deep down inside there's an emptiness that lasts

(Chorus) Prostitute in the night, sellin' her love under neon lights Looking for a way out of this life, searching for redemption in the dead of night

(Bridge) People pass her by without giving her a glance Judging without knowing what led her to this dance But if they took the time to listen to her story They'd see she's just another soul lost and lonely

(Verse 3) She dreams about escape but it seems so far away Caught up in this cycle day after day Her heart grows cold as each john comes and goes Leaving nothing but memories of shattered hopes

(Chorus) Prostitute in the night selling Her love under neon Lights Looking For A Way Out Of This Life Searching For Redemption In The Dead Of Night

(Outro) So let's not judge those who walk different paths For we never know what trials they've had Instead let's offer them compassion and grace And maybe one day they'll find their rightful place Copy ×

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2024 4:14 PM

(Verse 1)

In the heartland where the pigskin flies, We danced in end zones under starlit skies. But now I'm trading in your tight end game, For a solo act on a different stage.

(Pre-Chorus)

Maple lattes turned cold, scarf left behind, Your cardigan's too tight, can't seem to unwind. Lockets and Polaroids, memories fade, In this dive bar where we once played.

(Chorus)

Goodbye, Travis Kelce, you were my wildest dream, But now it's time to pour the whiskey, let the tears stream. I'll ride to upstate New York, leaving you in my rearview, No more touchdowns with you.

(Verse 2)

Your beautiful dark ex-girlfriends, they had their sway, But I won't be your pawn in this game you play. Like a snake in the grass, you slithered away, But I'm done with your games, no more to say.

(Pre-Chorus)

Maple lattes turned cold, scarf left behind, Your cardigan's too tight, can't seem to unwind. Lockets and Polaroids, memories fade, In this dive bar where we once played.

(Chorus)

Goodbye, Travis Kelce, you were my wildest dream, But now it's time to pour the whiskey, let the tears stream. I'll ride to upstate New York, leaving you in my rearview, No more touchdowns with you.

(Bridge)

I'll find my own end zone, write my own song, No longer held back, I'll prove them all wrong. With or without you, I'll shine bright, In this heartland of America's light.

(Chorus)

(Outro)

So farewell, Travis, it's time to move on, In this game of love, you're already gone. But I'll find my own glory, my own fame, In this heartland where I'll write my name

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2024 5:10 PM

R1 that sounds almost too much like something Sting would shit out. I can hear it now.

This Beyoncé’s ode to Wendy Torrance from The Shining:

(Verse 1)

Wendy's in the spotlight, but the stage is cold, Lost in the labyrinth of secrets left untold. In the mansion's maze, she's searching for the key, To break free from the chains of Jack's insanity.

(Pre-Chorus)

She's a queen in the shadows, a survivor in the night, With every step she takes, she's reclaiming her light.

(Chorus)

Wendy, hear her roar, In the heart of the storm, she's asking for more. With strength in her soul, she'll find her way, In the darkness of the Shining, she'll make her own day.

(Verse 2)

With each flicker of the candle, she finds her truth, A fierce determination in her eyes, uncouth She'll rise from the ashes, like a phoenix in the sky, Wendy's on a journey, and she'll never say goodbye.

(Pre-Chorus)

She's a queen in the shadows, a survivor in the night, With every step she takes, she's reclaiming her light.

(Chorus)

Wendy, hear her roar, In the heart of the storm, she's asking for more. With strength in her soul, she'll find her way, In the darkness of the Shining, she'll make her own day.

(Bridge)

Through the chilling winds and the frozen air, Wendy's voice echoes, bold and fair. She won't be silenced by the ghosts of the past, In her own rhythm, she's breaking free at last.

(Chorus)

(Outro)

Wendy, shining bright, In the depths of the night, she'll rewrite Her story's end, with power and grace, Wendy's anthem, a triumphant embrace.

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2024 5:40 PM

[quote] But now I'm trading in your tight end game, For a solo act on a different stage.

Oh my. Not quite the next act I would have envisaged for Tay Tay.

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2024 5:42 PM

(Verse 1)

In the land of glitz and glamour, where stars align, A tale of tumult, where truth intertwines. Will Smith, a fallen prince, with a crown unseen, His hand met Chris Rock's cheek, in a moment so keen.

Jada's alopecia, her beauty so rare, Her feminism, her history with Chris, laid bare. But in the chaos of the moment, where darkness did lurk, Will's actions overshadowed, like shadows at work.

(Chorus)

Oh, the men in black, with secrets they hold, Amy Schumer's quips and Apatow's tweets, so bold. Lupita's face, in the silence of the storm, Bradley Cooper's embrace, where hearts do warm.

(Verse 2)

In the arena of fame, where battles are fought, Will swung his racket, but the victory was naught. For in tennis as in life, it's not just the score, But the grace under pressure, that we search for.

Denzel's disappointment, like a thunderous sound, As Will destroyed the greatest night, where dreams were bound. A fallen prince in the eyes of the crowd, With every swing of his racket, he cried out loud.

(Chorus)

Oh, the men in black, with secrets they hold, Amy Schumer's quips and Apatow's tweets, so bold. Lupita's face, in the silence of the storm, Bradley Cooper's embrace, where hearts do warm.

(Bridge)

But in the silence that followed, where do we stand? In the silence of Venus and Serena, where truth demands. For in the end, it's not the accolades we seek, But the lessons learned, when the silence speaks.

(Verse 3)

So let us learn from this tale, of a night so dark, Where the echoes of a slap, left its mark. For in the game of life, it's not just the win, But the way we play, when the odds are thin.

Will Smith, a fallen prince, in the eyes of the crowd, But redemption awaits, if he stands tall and proud. For in the silence of the storm, there's a lesson to find, In the echoes of that slap, in the depths of mankind.

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2024 6:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!