Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mariah: worst live performing diva ever

She stinks live. No grace. No on-stage charisma. Moves like an over-stuffed sausage. Dresses like a Miss Piggy hooker. Bad clothes. Bad outfits. Lazy lip-syncing.

She needs to hang it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2024 12:49 AM

Yup.

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2024 12:27 PM

OP woke up today and decided to wage holy war on Saint Mariah, Our Lady of Divine Melisma.

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2024 12:40 PM

Her wig must add at least ten pounds and adds to her on stage walking difficulty.

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2024 12:46 PM

With thighs that big, the last thing she should be wearing is a short skirt.

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2024 12:48 PM

She looks like she's thinking about the after-show meal.

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2024 12:51 PM

Residency at the Las Vegas Golden Corral.

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2024 12:53 PM

She takes a few minutes off-stage between songs for a costume change and donut break.

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2024 1:02 PM

Thar she blows!

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2024 1:07 PM

I did not realize she is 55 - I was thinking late 40s

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2024 1:07 PM

Whitney. Houston was also surprisingly. boring in concert. This was late 80s so I don't know if she was on her drug tour yet.

by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2024 1:17 PM

Does her pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2024 1:20 PM

Those tights were a bad idea - she needs black tights, a longer (dark) skirt, maybe A-line. She has a waist and the jacket just hides it

by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2024 1:29 PM

Harsh

by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2024 1:39 PM

She performs like Mae West!

[bold]MIMI IS OUR Mae West!!!![/bold]

Except Mimi has less interest, energy and presence. And Mae didn't lip-synch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2024 1:58 PM

Mariah's vocal chords are severely damaged by years of singing above her natural range in interminable, grueling tours. She can still control about 2 octaves of it on a good day, but her upper range is gone and her lower range has always been poorly managed.

Personally, I think that another problem is the fact that she performs constrained by an industrial-strength corset and several layers of shapewear, not to mention stiletto heels, which given her size must be incredibly uncomfortable. Just look at how she waddles across the stage: this isn't a person who is physically fit and in control of her entire body, which is essential to sing well.

Another serious problem for Mariah is that she is obsessed with being an eternal teenaged sexpot, which is fine until you're about 35, but after that it becomes ridiculous. This is a woman who is pushing 60 and still wants to compete with girls who could be her granddaughters - in short, she is afflicted by the Madonna Nymphet Wannabe Syndrome. I'm sure that in 10 years, she will look like a melting inflatable doll and be posting photos of her boobs and arse on social media, as is the cage with Hag-donna.

by Anonymousreply 15April 20, 2024 2:02 PM

At least Madonna's shows still have energy, this just looks dull.

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2024 2:05 PM

I regularly see street whores in my city who look more classy than that sow. She walks on that stage like her coochiepop is raw, or like she's got something rammed up her poonanny she's trying to keep for working itself out.

by Anonymousreply 17April 20, 2024 2:05 PM

I’ve always found her unbearable tbh. She’s a complete narcissist too, extremely self-important.

by Anonymousreply 18April 20, 2024 2:06 PM

She has more money than God. Who put her in that cheap tacky dress?

by Anonymousreply 19April 20, 2024 2:10 PM

Looks like she buys all her stage outfits from "Styles By Quaneesha".

by Anonymousreply 20April 20, 2024 2:14 PM

Do they not sell Ozempic in Las Vegas????

by Anonymousreply 21April 20, 2024 2:16 PM

If she's addicted to performing, whether she needs the money or not, she'll likely end up just like Jayne Mansfield, traveling around from road house to road house in a car with her manager

by Anonymousreply 22April 20, 2024 2:17 PM

OP = J.Lo, pissed about the 25 other threads eviscerating her.

by Anonymousreply 23April 20, 2024 2:28 PM

Mooriah is the same age as Kylie Minogue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 20, 2024 3:35 PM

Same gig?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 20, 2024 3:46 PM

R21, she stapled her stomach before Ozempic became a thing. Can one do both??

by Anonymousreply 26April 20, 2024 3:46 PM

R10, Whitney wasn’t a dancer, but she sounded AMAZING live during the first few album tours.

by Anonymousreply 27April 20, 2024 3:48 PM

She looks like a common juke gal.

by Anonymousreply 28April 21, 2024 7:16 PM

What does she look like without her age-inappropriate Farrah Fawcett wigs?

by Anonymousreply 29April 21, 2024 9:52 PM

No stage presence. She looks like she needs a cane. She can’t even stand straight with that huge butt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2024 9:12 PM

She’s drunk 100% of the time.

by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2024 9:16 PM

I guess you don’t learn the proper stage chops when you get a record deal by marrying the president of Sony at age 20….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2024 9:35 PM

She looks like she’s performing at a high school talent show in the south.

by Anonymousreply 33April 23, 2024 9:41 PM

Once upon a time, she was a great performer. But ever since she had that mental breakdown during Glitter, everything started regressing with her, and her confidence (and voice) never fully recovered. She always suffered from stage fright, but around 95-96, she was at the peak of her career and had stage presence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 23, 2024 9:44 PM

Unless you a diehard lamb, you can see she’s never been a strong live performer. Despite her notoriety for hitting the “impressive notes” on her CDs, I never got the sense that she had any passion for singing. Whitney and Aretha oozed it when they sang live. Mariah looks like a lost Bambi on stage in the 90s and now she looks like a confused drunk Miss Piggy.

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2024 9:49 PM

She’s so lazy she makes her kids go out and perform while she gets drunk backstage.

by Anonymousreply 36April 23, 2024 9:52 PM

Dear Mariah seems quite stoned there or trying to conserve every ounce of energy.

She has still not lost her girlhood rainbow butterfly aesthetic. In this case channeling Baskin Robbins 1969.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 23, 2024 10:04 PM

[quote] Whitney and Aretha oozed it when they sang live.

Whitney and Aretha also grew up in the church and honed their chops that way. Mariah didn't come from that tradition despite being hugely influenced by Gospel music.

I think Mariah has gotten very lazy as a performer, starting around the 2000s, and she often looks highly medicated (she is clinically bipolar). But there was a time in the 1990s when she got better. She started off rocky in the beginning, but then, around the mid-90s, her confidence on stage improved, and she gave better live performances. I would have loved to have seen her live set on MTV Unplugged, which was critically acclaimed and a commercial success.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 23, 2024 10:09 PM

She’s so affected in the way she sings too. She did a song with Ariane Grande and was using this fake accent style (I don’t know how else to describe it) that she’s really honed over the years. It’s so inauthentic. She started using it during the Butterfly album.

by Anonymousreply 39April 23, 2024 10:51 PM

Needs to dress her fucking age. Get rid of all the sparkle shit. And quit drinking before the show.

by Anonymousreply 40April 23, 2024 10:55 PM

Mariah helps her voice out by adding honey to her booze.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 23, 2024 10:59 PM

R40 that’s her look. It looks ridiculous as she ages and gets fatter but without it she wouldn’t be herself

by Anonymousreply 42April 23, 2024 11:56 PM

Can she get a refund on that tummy tuck?

by Anonymousreply 43April 24, 2024 12:20 AM

At R38, I love that "Unplugged" version of "Emotions."

In retrospect, even disregarding lack of dance skills, she wasn't a dynamic stage performer. It was her youthful good looks and sheer vocal talent that were amazing. I love the very early performance like SNL and Soul Train where she appeared a little shy.

At this point, there's no hope. She's unnecessarily committed herself to trying to compete with less-talented singers. (The dance "moves" & skin-baring stage outfits.) On top of that, there's no reason that her wig and makeup have to look so bad.

I guess her voice is shot, as well.

All that said, glad she's still alive and performing. Glad that she hasn't died or become a recluse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 24, 2024 12:32 AM

She is awful live, back then and now.

by Anonymousreply 45April 24, 2024 4:14 AM

Rod Stewart looks amazing at his age, even if he’s now doing drag as part of his concerts??

by Anonymousreply 46April 24, 2024 7:39 AM

Drag queens never do Mariah. Now I see why… she’s so dull.

by Anonymousreply 47April 24, 2024 11:29 AM

Blowing kisses at the audience? LOL

by Anonymousreply 48April 24, 2024 1:15 PM

I'll always remember the old DL post, "Her transformation into Jessica Rabbit is complete!"

by Anonymousreply 49April 24, 2024 1:24 PM

She was investigated by child protective services for drinking at the hospital when she gave birth to her twins.

by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2024 12:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!