Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is anyone else slightly precognitive?

I usually have very good guesses and I have had several, literal dreams come true, over the years.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone else?

Tell us your stories, mutants!

I also know what time it is without looking at a clock. This skill is unique among my friends, so is it unusual?

by Anonymousreply 27April 21, 2024 1:14 AM

Well, I knew you were going to start this thread.

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2024 3:12 PM

I predict this thread will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2024 3:13 PM

Intuition exists for a reason and it is real. We have more than five senses

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2024 3:14 PM

Are you neurodivergent? Your brain may be constantly processing and reprocessing data, creating variables and recognizing patterns which result in insight to future events.

Do you have extremely sensitive hearing (hear electricity in walls, etc.?)

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2024 3:20 PM

Are you blind when you're born? Can you see in the dark? Dare you look at a king? Would you sit on his throne? Can you say of your bite that it's worse than your bark? Are you cock of the walk when you're walking alone?

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2024 3:25 PM

Gimme some lotto numbers OP

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2024 3:40 PM

I'm pretty good at being able to tell time without looking at the clock, too.

When you make as many trips around the sun as I have, things like this become second nature.

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2024 3:41 PM

R7 Do you have a built in alarm, too? I can generally think of a time I want to wake up and will wake up within minutes of the desired wake up time.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2024 3:55 PM

R8 I almost always wake up at the same time every morning. I haven't set my alarm since the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2024 3:56 PM

Btw, weht Oracle? Seems haven't heard from (him/her?) in a while.

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2024 3:57 PM

^^r8 Kramer

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2024 3:58 PM

R4 All that sounds cool. My hearing sucks, but I do notice patterns, but that's just being observant and having fun, no?

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2024 3:58 PM

I definitely have the morning time thing. I can guess the time, within a minute or two if not exact, when I open my eyes. And during the day as well. And can wake up when I tell myself to.

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2024 4:03 PM

I have absolutely none of these powers. I can’t navigate, I have no idea where north is, and I always arrive early because a lifetime of expecting to get lost and be late has so firmly convinced me of my haplessness that nothing can shake it.

On the upside, I don’t speed and I always use my turn signals.

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2024 4:09 PM

[quote]Are you neurodivergent? Your brain may be constantly processing and reprocessing data, creating variables and recognizing patterns which result in insight to future events.

Some people will use anything as an excuse for being weird.

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2024 4:18 PM

I always know exactly what time it is also. If you are pregnant I will know it- sometimes before you do which is uncomfortable for me. I never say anything anymore. There have been instances of people popping back into my life after long periods of not having been in my life that I have known was going to happen a day or so beforehand. That's the only fully inexplicable one.

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2024 4:35 PM

What sign are you?

by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2024 4:47 PM

I have the knowing when women are pregnant one. But I don’t think it’s precognitive. I think that there are tells.

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2024 4:48 PM

I completely agree EL r18.

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2024 4:49 PM

This sounds stupid, but I get the runs before a tragedy occurs and it’s not as if my body gets the runs frequently. Accidental deaths of family members, 9/11, domestic violence committed by “perfectly nice” guys that involve the police.

I also know when a woman is pregnant. I think it’s scent.

by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2024 5:09 PM

I see a lot of fraus on my socials claiming to be "empaths" and that their "mama bear intuition" told them something was off about so-and-so (after the fact, of course). It's a shame you can't ask them, OP. I'll bet a bunch of them think they can predict the future.

by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2024 5:25 PM

Well in this modern age, think about all of the information floating around our heads that we cannot see, but something is perceiving. There are routing numbers, online transactions, text messages, billions of emails being beamed around us constantly. And with that, something that I have noticed on several occasions is sensing a text message coming from someone. I will think about them for no reason and then a minute later, if that, I get a text. It's the oddest thing. It doesn't happen all of the time, of course. But it has happened often enough that it made me start questioning what's going on.

There are so many things that we know for sure exist in the air around us, colors we can't see, sounds we can't hear, smells we can't perceive. But I believe there is a part of the human brain that is gradually starting to pick up on all of the technological information around us. Where the information becomes a thought in our brain. Then we freak out when it turns out to be real.

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2024 6:24 PM

I spend most of my days predicting the past.

I have an excellent success rate.

by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2024 6:27 PM

Yes, I’ve had many dreams come true. I usually get “feelings” about things that later turn out to be true. Sometimes I’ll think about someone I haven’t thought about in years and then I’ll randomly hear from them.

I used to ignore my intuition but it usually turns out to be right so I try to listen to myself more.

by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2024 6:30 PM

I knew the second the phone rang it would be my mother telling me my dad was dead. No, he hadn't been sick or anything. He got run over in the driveway by a driverless tow truck. Very unexpected to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2024 8:47 PM

I’m not super shanti shanti or anything but I have tried this practical form of manifestation meditation called Flowdreaming before. I’m not super disciplined either, so I usually do it when I find myself in a desperate place in need of some kind of life change. But in the periods when I do it, I have increased instances of crazy coincidences and dejavus in my everyday life. It’s as if the brain while meditating transcends the time space continuum to a place where everything exists at the same time - present, past, future. So when I come back, over the next couple of days I am experiencing things that feel oddly familiar, already seen.

Just FYI, it oddly works. And it’s strange, given its success rate in my life and that it’s only 10 minutes a day, that I don’t do it all the time. But again, I get lazy when things actually start working and flowing easily, and stop doing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 20, 2024 7:51 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 27April 21, 2024 1:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!