Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tesla recalls the Cybertruck for faulty accelerator pedals that can get stuck

That's a shame.

"Tesla is recalling all 3,878 Cybertrucks that it has shipped to date, due to a problem where the accelerator pedal can get stuck, putting drivers at risk of a crash, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2024 7:18 PM

What were the odds of that happening?!

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2024 1:09 PM

Oh I can't wait til I can curl-up in the backseat and just say, "Tesla- go!".

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2024 2:30 PM

Followed immediately by, “Tesla STOP STOP STOP! Noooo …”

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2024 2:41 PM

As a lesbian, am I not part of the target market for that monstrosity?

That thing is so fucking ugly -- it looks like a kid's futuristic Tonka truck.

Not that I have the money, but if I did, I sure wouldn't buy one of those.

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2024 2:50 PM

It's the ugliest truck I have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2024 2:52 PM

I saw one of these the other day and laughed. It's like a car trying to disguise itself inside a box.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2024 3:46 PM

It is absolutely hideous. I’ve seen two of them up close and both drivers looked so fucking smug, I wanted to punch their autistic faces.

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2024 3:49 PM

It looks like a ‘70s version of a futuristic car. Like something that Pamelyn Ferdin and Brian Tochi would drive in a Saturday morning TV show about life after the apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2024 4:14 PM

It's an absolutely shitty product.

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2024 6:23 PM

I’ve seen three of these in the last two days. In different places in the Bay Area. They look rather cheap inside - as most teslas do, to me anyway. And while they may be tough on the exterior they do not look it. And I don’t think I’d feel particularly safe in one even if the gas pedals worked properly. I’m banking on my diesel truck lasting another 100k miles before I have to get another car.

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2024 6:37 PM

I actually think it looks cool.

But this is hilarious and I’m elated it’s happening to ol’ Musky boy. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2024 6:44 PM

It’s a Tesla rock’em sock’em robot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2024 6:59 PM

Tesla and quality go together like jumbo and shrimp. Chrissy Metz and anorexic. Trump and the truth. Gays and neckbeards.

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2024 7:05 PM

There are two…TWO! Of these monstrosities in my neighborhood in San Francisco. So fucking ugly and neither are ever parked in a garage. $80,000 on this piece of shit and you park it on the street. Morons.

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2024 7:13 PM

The “new” Mission?

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2024 7:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!