Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nintendo uglifies people's characters with new update

Gen Z Newsreport:

The Pokémon game called "Pokémon Go" which was released on smartphones in 2016, allowed every player to create their own ingame avatar which they were able to show off amongst each other. The latest update however uglified their creations and most if not all gamers are angry now at what Nintendo has done to them! What is your opinion on the new character models? An improvement or a product of new age fat acceptance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2024 3:43 AM

How dare you make my...in-game avatar as ugly as I really am!

by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2024 9:21 PM

Do you even play pokemon go? It’s no big deal. It’s just now introducing avatar choices in an 8?-year-old game that that most games have as a matter of course. i just got to change mine to something more realistic, finally; people can usually make their avatars whatever they want to be. Sorry you’re butthurt about potential fat avatars?! 🤷🏻

by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2024 3:35 AM

It would mitigate the offensiveness of the fat avatars to have in-game messaging about the importance of self-control when it comes to eating and the need to diet. If it’s realism people want, then players with fat avatars should have reduced speed and other mobility problems, an inability to bend over, and a clear aversion by any male characters toward them.

by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2024 3:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!