Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cheryl Burke says she was the 'Breadwinner' in marriage to Matthew Lawrence

The Dancing with the Stars alum “learned that you can't buy love,” she told Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes on an episode of their Amy & T.J. podcast.

“I tried to not obviously, I didn't buy my ex husband, but, like, I definitely would say I was the breadwinner,” she said while reflecting on her marriage and divorce. “Like, I supported us, and I don't think it's black and white.”

Burke’s Dancing with the Stars gig kept her in the spotlight throughout her marriage to Lawrence, who is best known for starring in '90s hits Boy Meets World, Mrs. Doubtfire and Brotherly Love.

Of bringing home fiances, Burke added, “It's like — it made me feel good, but then it didn't necessarily make the relationship good.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 18, 2024 8:16 PM

What a bitch.

That's not cool to publicly embarrass Matthew like that.

He's never said a bad word about her to the media.

by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2024 7:40 PM

I wouldn't mind being his breadwinner.

by Anonymousreply 2April 18, 2024 7:41 PM

There's always one person in a marriage that makes more than the other, depending on current projects and the where each career is at a given time. If it happens to be the woman at a given time, so how and why is that a problem? It seemed more like she had more of an issue that she was making more money rather that he did.

by Anonymousreply 3April 18, 2024 7:43 PM

Well that’s what happens when you marry a struggling actor. It’s a burn for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 4April 18, 2024 7:44 PM

I also wouldn't mind winning bread for him and then feeding it to him in little morsels, he is just the cutest. Looks like an adorable chipmunk there.

by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2024 7:45 PM

His career has been ebbing in recent years. It sounds like she went into the relationship with unrealistic expectations.

by Anonymousreply 6April 18, 2024 7:47 PM

I wonder what Matthew's new Sugar Mama thinks of this?

Chilli has a lot more money than Cheryl.

Matthew is 42 and Chilli is 51, so it is a little bit suspect. Lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 18, 2024 7:49 PM

I feel where she's coming from. Even if you do it all for your spouse, and are the main breadwinner, it doesn't mean they are going to appreciate what you do for them, or you. Learned the hard way.

by Anonymousreply 8April 18, 2024 7:51 PM

The man is supposed to be the breadwinner? How quaint.

by Anonymousreply 9April 18, 2024 8:05 PM

[QUOTE] I wonder what Matthew's new Sugar Mama thinks of this?

I wonder when Matthew, sensing the marriage was near its end, started looking for the next gravy train like the lazy whore that he is?

by Anonymousreply 10April 18, 2024 8:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!