Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A History Of Playgirl Magazine

She kinda looks like a gay male in drag. I was a closeted teen ca. 1984- I would buy all of the FAG magazines but my favorite by far was the latest issue of Playgirl .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2024 7:22 PM

those guys were HOT

by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2024 1:11 PM

A women’s magazine for the first ten minutes

by Anonymousreply 2April 18, 2024 1:12 PM

It did really try for the female reader in the beginning. Went for those “Ms.” Magazine vibes in this cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 18, 2024 1:26 PM

And this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 18, 2024 1:27 PM

Loved when they ditched all the celeb couple covers from the 70s and 80s and just featured the men on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2024 1:36 PM

If nothing else, I will be eternally grateful to Playgirl for the Jim Brown photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 18, 2024 2:08 PM

Is that George Santos?

by Anonymousreply 7April 18, 2024 2:17 PM

When I was a young teen my Aunt got a Playgirl as a gag in her Christmas stocking from one of her grown children. I saw it peeking out of the stocking when we went by Christmas morning. We returned that evening for a family gathering and I noticed the magazine wasn't in the stocking. I kept disappearing and sneaking upstairs going all through my Aunt and Uncle's bedroom until I found it. I was shaking with excitement. They asked what in the world I had been doing up in their room for so long. "Nothing", I mumbled and I was beet red. And rock hard probably.

by Anonymousreply 8April 18, 2024 2:24 PM

R8, Do you remember which issue it was?

by Anonymousreply 9April 18, 2024 2:28 PM

I loved Steve Rally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 18, 2024 5:40 PM

Steve Rally was so hot.

He has a cameo in the short gay film “The Disco Years” (1991) as an aerobics instructor. He played him rather nelly.

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2024 6:39 PM

I used to always try and sneak peeks at “Playgirl” at the local Waldenbooks.

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2024 7:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!