Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Big Bang Theory

Best show on the tele. My bf asks what I wanna watch I tell him to put on penny. He knows what I mean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 19, 2024 1:39 AM

I avoided this show during its run because Chuck Lorre bugged me and I hated Two and a Half Men. Young Sheldon won me over, so I went back and watched the original show. And loved every minute. Brilliant in every way.

by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2024 4:25 AM

The final Young Sheldon is coming up and Parsons and Bialik are guest starring.

by Anonymousreply 2April 18, 2024 4:27 AM

You make this website sad, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3April 18, 2024 4:45 AM

I thought it was funnier than a lot of modern day multicams. Maybe a little repetitive at times, but overall pretty fun.

by Anonymousreply 4April 18, 2024 4:48 AM

Tried an episode and couldn't connect with it at all. I'm reminded of something someone said on Twitter years and years ago: "References aren't jokes." Captures this show perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2024 4:53 AM

Sheldon wasn’t an Aspie. Sheldon was an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 6April 18, 2024 4:54 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 18, 2024 5:33 AM

R5 I agree about that. It did make a few too many references to outside properties.

by Anonymousreply 8April 18, 2024 5:47 AM

References to what exactly R8?

by Anonymousreply 9April 18, 2024 9:04 AM

I also like creamed corn and Matlock.

by Anonymousreply 10April 18, 2024 9:07 AM

[quote]Penny's last name on The Big Bang Theory was revealed to be Teller in Season 2, but the showrunners never intended for it to be a major mystery. The reveal was accidental and came about when the show's props team needed to put a name on a package label.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 18, 2024 11:52 AM

R9 I was presuming R5 was referring to how the character stalked about “Star Wars” and other existing IPs a lot.

by Anonymousreply 12April 18, 2024 12:12 PM

Ugh. *characters TALKED

by Anonymousreply 13April 18, 2024 12:13 PM

It had its moments.

by Anonymousreply 14April 18, 2024 12:25 PM

One of the more ridiculous plot lines they would employ would be when they all decided to have a party. Yet they hardly ever invited any outsiders. So all these “parties “consisted of was them doing the exact same things they did before except wearing a nicer outfit.

by Anonymousreply 15April 18, 2024 12:58 PM

A show for people who think they’re smarter than they really are.

by Anonymousreply 16April 18, 2024 1:12 PM

I liked it at first before it just became “Nerdy Friends.” Thought the early seasons were clever and funny.

Hated when it started squeezing three stories into 17 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 17April 18, 2024 1:29 PM

I watched to the bitter end but hated when the audience started doing the "ooohhh" when someone kissed or wildly screaming when Penny would come out in a sexy dress. Happy Days did the same. Tell the audience to pipe the fuck down FFS.

by Anonymousreply 18April 18, 2024 7:46 PM

I couldn’t stand this show. But it definitely had its fans.

by Anonymousreply 19April 18, 2024 7:49 PM

I liked it better when Penny wasn't with Leonard and they were just friends. It had its cute moments. Leonard and Sheldon seemed to be the "real" couple...

by Anonymousreply 20April 18, 2024 7:55 PM

Some of you need to raise your television standards.

by Anonymousreply 21April 18, 2024 8:01 PM

R18 so did Facts of Life when one of the girls dared to show a hint of knee.

by Anonymousreply 22April 18, 2024 8:06 PM

My husband and I enjoyed the show, but Penny being pregnant at the end…ugh. She made it clear she didn’t want kids, but the show had to have its sappy ending. I hope she had a miscarriage.

by Anonymousreply 23April 18, 2024 8:39 PM

Sheldon addresses the issue in Young Sheldon R23.

by Anonymousreply 24April 18, 2024 9:34 PM

[quote]Sheldon addresses the issue in Young Sheldon [R23].

Can you imagine the anguished wails if Sheldon reveals that Penny and the baby died during child birth?

by Anonymousreply 25April 18, 2024 9:42 PM

When Mayim Bialik first joined the show, she was hilarious. She did a great job with the smoking monkeys.

by Anonymousreply 26April 18, 2024 10:04 PM

The robotic arm!

by Anonymousreply 27April 18, 2024 10:12 PM

I enjoyed BBT, even though I mortally despised the Sheldon character. Many times I hoped they would write a sketch where Leonard lost all control and cut his throat. But I fell in love with young Sheldon (again I hate the younger version of Sheldon even as much as the older version), mainly because I've enjoyed watching Montana Jordan grow from a spindly kid with woo hair into a first class stud muffin. In five or so years he's going to be one hot piece of man meat.

by Anonymousreply 28April 18, 2024 10:16 PM

For me, BBT was on for too many years. The majority of sitcoms really have a shelf-life of five seasons. The early seasons of the program were great, Penny was a loser, striving for more, the guys were smart, but losers in social graces.

The addition of more and more women... just diluted the show. I gave up somewhere after Amy and then the blond (for Leonard) were added.

by Anonymousreply 29April 18, 2024 10:28 PM

R28, he’s average at best. Good hair though.

by Anonymousreply 30April 18, 2024 10:47 PM

There's nothing average about this boy. His look is getting better and better as he ages and his body moves toward physical maturity.

I noticed his voice is getting deeper and deeper too, which only magnifies his sexiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 18, 2024 11:30 PM

R31, that pic only confirms his ordinariness.

by Anonymousreply 32April 19, 2024 1:17 AM

I adore Amy Farrah Fowler. ♥️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 19, 2024 1:19 AM

The robot arm episode still tickles my funny bone especially the nurse in the ER who always made me laugh in every episode she was in.

by Anonymousreply 34April 19, 2024 1:29 AM

Funny episode R34. 🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 19, 2024 1:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!