Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Crazy Rich Asians” Musical is coming to Broadway!

Jon M. Chu will be directing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2024 1:59 AM

I have a feeling that Ashley Park will play the lead in this. And Bowen Yang will play the sassy gay friend that Nico Santos played in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2024 9:01 PM

Ashley Park would make sense for the lead - though Rachel is probably one of the most boring romantic comedy heroines in recent memory. I’m sure Eleanor is being written with Lea Salonga in mind.

I doubt Bowen Yang’s agent would let him leave SNL and put potential film roles on ice to do a small supporting role in a Broadway musical.

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2024 9:20 PM

Who said anything about Bowen Yang? There are many other actors who could play the role. Including the actor who originated it in the film.

by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2024 9:24 PM

Ugh- didn’t like the movie at all.

by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2024 9:26 PM

[quote]Who said anything about Bowen Yang? There are many other actors who could play the role. Including the actor who originated it in the film.

It will be Billy Porter

by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2024 1:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!