Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bill Maher: Actors who won’t work with Woody Allen are pussies

Believes the allegations are the result of Mia Farrow’s brainwashing.

Bill Maher went in hard for Woody Allen, saying flatly he doesn't believe the sexual abuse allegations and thinks actors who won't work with him are "pu**ies."

Bill was chatting it up with Katie Couric on his 'Club Random' podcast when Allen's name came up. Maher said, "I respect the artist and the man," and then he bore in on the long-standing allegations that Allen sexually abused Dylan, his adopted daughter when she was 7.

Bill believes the story was engineered by Mia Farrow to gain an advantage in their bitter divorce, saying Farrow was motivated by vindictiveness.

As Maher sees it, "If you saw the documentary about it, it was all from her point of view. So first of all, I just flat-out believe him. I believe a 57-year-old man didn’t suddenly become a child molester in the middle of a divorce proceeding and a custody battle in a house full of adults in broad daylight."

Katie challenged him, saying there was "some pretty damning" evidence, including Allen's desire for his girlfriends to "dress up in little anklets and Mary Janes and baby doll dresses."

Bill's response, "Do you think he’s the only guy who likes that? Do you think he's the first guy who wanted his girlfriend to dress in anklets and baby doll [dresses]?"

As Maher sees it, "That's what we grew up on, that’s what we find sexy."

Allen, who married Mia's adopted daughter Soon-Yi Previn, has never been charged with a crime and denied all the allegations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 21, 2024 4:40 AM

Sorry but wanting your sexual partner to dress like a child is creepy. Woody Allen is a creep. Bill Maher is a washed up creep.

And I don’t even believe the allegations against Woody regarding Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2024 8:32 PM

I feel so much better when they write pu**ies. The use of the two s’s would make it obscene, but with asterisks—no problem.

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2024 8:33 PM

These three Scholars argue he is innocent. What is your opinion?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2024 8:52 PM

Maybe they won't work with him because he only pays scale, and his last good movie was 11 years ago (Blue Jasmine).

by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2024 9:09 PM

In a credibility contest between Woody & Mia, I’ll always be on Woody’s side.

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2024 9:34 PM

Bill Maher is obsessed with "pussies" because it's been an eternity since he's been allowed near one.

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2024 9:38 PM

Woody Allen was easily disposed of by his actors because Woody Allen doesn’t interact with his actors. At all. This is well known. He doesn’t direct. He sits there in the dark and watches you, and if you don’t give his words the life he wants, he replaces you (Michael Keaton, Elaine Stritch.) if you win an Oscar for his work, he will not be in the audience applauding. Some actors probably consider it a privilege to be trusted like that, but most actors are needy and require reinforcement.

Compare him to someone like Yorgos Lanthimos whose actors worship him:

“I obviously have full-blown, very intense trust in him,” she said, “and as an actor, it’s the best feeling ever, because it’s so rare that you feel like whatever you do, you’re protected by your director.”

Woody Allen has gotten fourteen actors Oscar nominations. How many of them would say the above about him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2024 9:39 PM

Unless he wants to fuck them, R7. Many an actress in an Allen film knew sex with Allen was part of the job. It’s like that with most directors, or was.

by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2024 9:54 PM

R8, quit making up shit.

by Anonymousreply 9April 17, 2024 10:00 PM

Allen is gross even without the Dylan allegations being true. That whole family is a mess. Mia is a nut. The kids - the ones still living - basket cases.

Allen was obsessed to an unhealthy level with Dylan, even if nothing sexual happened. What he did with left-side-of the-bell-curve Soon-Yi was beyond the pale, even if he wasn't a blood father. He was an authority figure in her life. Leaving the pics of her out so that Mia could find them - what kind of sick, twisted bullshit is that? Even if she is a nut and they hated each other. "The heart wants what the heart wants" was utter bullshit. He had to stay by her side after everything came out so he could use 'love' as a defense in the court of public opinion.

Even allowing for separating the artist from the art, Allen hasn't done anything novel in 40 years. Just another geriatric film maker that coasted by on his reputation and his fan base for far too long.

by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2024 10:25 PM

R9 = very naive

by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2024 11:04 PM

Bill Maher wants all actors to work with serial rapists like Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Woody Allen, Roman Polanski, etc.

by Anonymousreply 12April 18, 2024 12:20 AM

Woody Allen is 88 fucking years old. Why is there even a conversation of whether or not people should work for him anyway?

by Anonymousreply 13April 18, 2024 12:22 AM

Yeah, he had a good run, but it's over.

by Anonymousreply 14April 18, 2024 12:32 AM

R10 couldn’t have said it better myself. I posted the first response and I maintain that the allegations about him regarding Dylan are false. I have faith in the findings of the investigation.

However, his behavior outside those allegations were sickening. He deserves to be shunned the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 15April 18, 2024 12:51 AM

He married his adopted daughter Soon Yi for fucks sake. On what planet is that considered appropriate behavior? In his film, Manhattan, his character was dating a 16 year old played by Mariel Hemingway. I recall watching that back in 1979 and being repulsed. I for one do believe the allegations with his daughter Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 16April 18, 2024 1:21 AM

NOT his adopted daughter.

by Anonymousreply 17April 18, 2024 1:26 AM

It is basically the same thing. She was Mia Farrow's adopted daughter, and he was her father figure for years. Who knows what went down in that home when he was alone with her?

by Anonymousreply 18April 18, 2024 1:29 AM

[quote]Katie challenged him, saying there was "some pretty damning" evidence, including Allen's desire for his girlfriends to "dress up in little anklets and Mary Janes and baby doll dresses."

I've never heard this. Anyone know where this information came from?

by Anonymousreply 19April 18, 2024 1:36 AM

Bill Maher seems to twist himself into a pretzel to defend people he knows personally .

by Anonymousreply 20April 18, 2024 1:36 AM

[quote] Yeah, he had a good run, but it's over.

Woody, or Bill Maher?

the answer: BOTH.

by Anonymousreply 21April 18, 2024 1:38 AM

Bill's idol was Hugh Hefner. No surprise he doesn't believe Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 22April 18, 2024 1:38 AM

[quote] She was Mia Farrow's adopted daughter, and he was her father figure for years. Who knows what went down in that home when he was alone with her?

That last question is not really based on anything whatsoever, is it?

by Anonymousreply 23April 18, 2024 1:40 AM

Sure, it is a unknown rhetorical question. But how does that relationship go from where he is the adult father figure to a sexual relationship? There is no reasonable comfortable one. He made some sexual advance to her at some point and she complied.

by Anonymousreply 24April 18, 2024 1:48 AM

He wasn't her father figure. Mia and Woody never even lived together. It was an odd relationship in a number of ways, and one of them was that her life as the mother of several adopted children was separate from her life with Woody. In fact, he started taking Soon-Yi to Knicks games at the request of Mia, because she wanted him to spend more time with her kids.

Be careful what you wish for...

by Anonymousreply 25April 18, 2024 6:57 AM

[quote]He wasn't her father figure.

But she was his long-time girlfriend's teenage daughter and his children's sister. Taboos all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 26April 18, 2024 7:11 AM

Mia is AT LEAST as creepy as Woody.

by Anonymousreply 27April 18, 2024 7:29 AM

If this is what it takes to grow a pussy that can get moist and stay as tight as my recent facelift, count me in!!!!

I’m ready for my close-up, Mr. Child Abuser.

by Anonymousreply 28April 18, 2024 7:35 AM

I'd love to read some honest memoirs from Mia's brood of children.

Woody can be awful - and Mia can also be awful. Both can be true.

by Anonymousreply 29April 18, 2024 7:42 AM

Composer André Previn, who just died a few years ago, was Mia's ex-husband and Soon-Yi's adoptive father.

Woody was just her mom's boyfriend.

He didn't even live with them, as someone else pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 30April 18, 2024 7:46 AM

And they weren't married. Yeah, they didn't live together. They both had access to each other's place and when MIa went to his, she discovered on the mantle a series of nude Polaroids of Soon-Yi. Would he been able to do that if the whole family was living together?

by Anonymousreply 31April 18, 2024 7:55 AM

R31 you neglected to mention that Soon-Yi was already in college when those nudes were taken.

By her own admission, Soon-Yi's first interaction with Woody was in 11th grade, when she was around 19.

At worst, they were committing adultery though I think Mia and Woody were already through by then.

But people make it seem like 1) Woody and Mia were married, 2) they adopted several children together, including Soon-Yi, and 3) he groomed Soon-Yi since she was a small child.

by Anonymousreply 32April 18, 2024 8:42 AM

Incidentally, André Previn was nominated for 13 Best Score Oscars and won 4: Gigi, Porgy and Bess, Irma La Douce, My Fair Lady.

by Anonymousreply 33April 18, 2024 8:44 AM

You can't commit adultery R32 if you're not married and the point of the photo story is he had way more privacy with separate residences to do his dirty doings.

by Anonymousreply 34April 18, 2024 11:05 AM

[quote]his dirty doings

That has shades of Carrie's mother's, "I can see your dirty pillows."

by Anonymousreply 35April 18, 2024 11:21 AM

You don't seduce your partner's teenage daughter (and the sister of your own children), you don't take nude photos of your partner's teenage daughter, and you don't compromise the teenage daughter's relationship with her mother by having sex with her, and by taking nude photos of her and then leaving them out for her mother to find.

Woody knows this was all wrong. He just doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 36April 18, 2024 11:33 AM

Yes, of course those are the actions of somebody who doesn't care how his actions affect other people. I don't think anybody would argue that the whole Soon-Yi affair wasn't disturbing and gross.

But people continually misrepresent their prior relationship to make it seem not just sordid but abusive and incestuous, and that simply isn't accurate. Of course what he did was wrong, but he didn't "seduce his daughter."

by Anonymousreply 37April 18, 2024 12:09 PM

[quote]it seem not just sordid but abusive and incestuous, and that simply isn't accurate.

It likely seemed incestuous to Mia and the kids she shared with Woody. And it was definitely abusive because it tore their family apart.

by Anonymousreply 38April 18, 2024 12:22 PM

R16, that was based on Woody’s real relationship with a high school girl.

by Anonymousreply 39April 18, 2024 12:29 PM

Jesus Christ, I cannot believe some folks are trying to equivocate about Woody and Soon-Yi. It doesn't matter if they were married, he was the adopted daughter, etc. He was an authority figure to her throughout her childhood, he was in a relationship with her mother, she is 'special'. What he did was disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 40April 18, 2024 12:41 PM

“I think you’re an even bigger pussy for not leaving your children with him!” 🚬

by Anonymousreply 41April 18, 2024 1:14 PM

That quote alone betrays a warped perspective.

What got to me about Woody were the picks of his girlfriends addicted daughters vagina that he kept in his apartment while in the midst of his relationship with Mia. That was and is enough for me to close the door on Woody, although he is a terrific film maker.

by Anonymousreply 42April 18, 2024 1:53 PM

Pics- not picks above, I intended

by Anonymousreply 43April 18, 2024 1:54 PM

This isn't the first time Maher defended Allen . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 18, 2024 2:15 PM

Soon-Yi isn't "special." That was a lie Mia floated early on, before she decided that Soon-Yi was a wanton trollop. Soon-Yi has earned a degree from Columbia, and nobody who's ever met her seemed to think she's at all learning disabled.

And Woody was nothing to her while she was growing up. Certainly not an authority figure. He was her adoptive mother's boyfriend. What he did was a gross overstepping of boundaries, no question. It hurt many people. But he didn't take advantage of a mentally challenged girl who looked upon him as a substitute father...that simply is not what happened.

Why do the Mia fans always pretend not to know the facts after more than thirty years? It's galling.

by Anonymousreply 45April 18, 2024 2:18 PM

MIA IS BITCH

by Anonymousreply 46April 18, 2024 2:20 PM

If you suspect your child has been molested, go straight to the police. Dylan's alleged assault happened on a weekend but Mia didn't go to the police until the following Tuesday. In the meantime she videotaped Dylan, in an attempt to coax out all the details... No Oscar nom for that directorial debut. Mia's behavior is just as inexcusable as Woody's.

As for Woody and Soon Yi, my brother was fucking his sister-in-law while his wife was pregnant with their second child. That shit doesn't just happen to celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 47April 18, 2024 2:25 PM

I don’t understand how the Soon-Yi shit has any relevancy at all here. He is being accused of molesting his biological daughter when she was five. That is a far cry from fucking your girlfriend’s 18-19 year old adopted daughter or expressing a desire for 17 year olds in a fictional movie. People don’t become pedophiles overnight.

by Anonymousreply 48April 18, 2024 2:36 PM

Oh, here we go with the pearl clutchers who have stooped to all forms of secret debauchery but now show up to declare, "I will never watch another movie by that man who married an adult woman!"

by Anonymousreply 49April 18, 2024 2:37 PM

Mia is Roseanne-level of batshit crazy. She was caught coaching her kids to say that they were abused. She collects kids and she abused them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 18, 2024 2:49 PM

And.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 18, 2024 2:49 PM

She’s a very sick woman and she’s still lying about Ronan’s paternity. She stalked men.

by Anonymousreply 52April 18, 2024 2:50 PM

People still believe that he had sex with his daughter who was never his daughter to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 53April 18, 2024 2:50 PM

Mia put a sign on her front door that Woody’s molested their daughter at her kid’s birthday party.

by Anonymousreply 54April 18, 2024 2:51 PM

No one doubts that Woody is fucked up, not even Woody. However, there is no proof that child molestation is part of his MO and Dylan’s story screams “repressed memory”, someone coached and brainwashed since childhood. She’s one step away from saying Woody put a knife in her rectum. She sounds like something out of the McMartin pre-school hoax.

by Anonymousreply 55April 18, 2024 2:53 PM

[quote] he was the adopted daughter, etc. He was an authority figure to her throughout her childhood, he was in a relationship with her mother, she is 'special'.

Oh, dear. Hysterical frau alert! She was not special. That was another lie. He was not her father. Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 56April 18, 2024 2:55 PM

Unlike Mia and her relationships, Soon-Yi is still married to Woody decades later.

by Anonymousreply 57April 18, 2024 2:56 PM

[QUOTE] He is being accused of molesting his biological daughter when she was five.

Dylan is not Woody’s “biological daughter.”

by Anonymousreply 58April 18, 2024 4:12 PM

Mia was definitely a woman scorned and knew she could not use Soon-Yi and Woody's perfectly legal relationship against them, so around the time that they split up, she concocted the story about Woody molesting their young daughter Dylan, which was investigated by the police et al. and ultimately no wrong-doing was found so Woody was never charged/convicted, but over the years people have conflated the two stories and now think that Soon-Yi was his adopted daughter that he groomed as a child and eventually married.

However, none of them are true.

by Anonymousreply 59April 18, 2024 4:18 PM

Didn’t Lens “molest” her sister by putting pebbles and rocks up her sister’s pussy?

by Anonymousreply 60April 18, 2024 4:20 PM

Here come the creep defenders, a little late though.

by Anonymousreply 61April 18, 2024 4:21 PM

R56 it was his girlfriend’s teenage daughter. Stop with the obvious denial, freak.

by Anonymousreply 62April 18, 2024 4:23 PM

There were millions of other jailbait girls in Manhattan that Woody could have gone after other than his partner's daughter. You people are grasping at straws to defend this perv.

by Anonymousreply 63April 18, 2024 4:24 PM

So much cheap namecalling on this thread. if that's all you have to rely on, then you really don't have an argument behind you, do you?

by Anonymousreply 64April 18, 2024 4:28 PM

Woody did go after those minor girls in Manhattan . They wouldn’t respond so he had to set his sights on the orphan his girlfriend adopted.

by Anonymousreply 65April 18, 2024 4:29 PM

I don’t know R64. I’d say no matter how people try to spin it, Woody comes out looking like a bad guy, the people defending him know they sound ridiculous but don’t want to be called out on it.

Personally, I’ve gotten to an age where I won’t stop abusing people who have a horrendous lack of morals or ethics. Too many creeps and perverts have been given a free pass, I’m just tired of dealing with bad behavior all around these days.

by Anonymousreply 66April 18, 2024 4:40 PM

R65, Woody has a history with numerous underage girls. The info even made his Wiki page.

by Anonymousreply 67April 18, 2024 4:50 PM

R67 Woody is 88. In his day and time, dating underage girls was not uncommon or considered degenerate. Elvis anyone? Even in 1978 when he made Manhattan, nobody was screaming bloody murder at the story of a 40 year old having a romantic and sexual relationship with a 17 year old girl as they would today.

Where do you people come from that you're so completely bent out of shape by this issue? Does it make you feel superior that you don't approve?

by Anonymousreply 68April 18, 2024 5:47 PM

R68, you say that on EVERY THREAD. Yes, dating underage girls was considered degenerate. The situation in "Manhattan" was considered funny in 1978, because it was a movie, not real life (we thought). Are you under 40, R68?

by Anonymousreply 69April 18, 2024 7:17 PM

Men can truly be slimy reprehensible creatures. Can you imagine a famous woman fucking her boyfriend’s teenage adopted son? It would make people’s skin crawl and yet, people will still make excuses for Woody.

The standards for men are just so so low.

by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2024 7:32 PM

I actually saw Manhattan in a theater when it was released in Woody Allen's Upper East Side neighborhood where the filming too place. An older friend of mine who is in our group and was in the film industry had told me afterwards that Woody was known to date girls in their teens for years. I wasn't necessarily outraged, but I knew that it was inappropriate and technically illegal, even though there were people in the entertainment business that preferred girls under the legal age.

by Anonymousreply 71April 18, 2024 7:36 PM

R70, that would never, ever happen.

Except it did, you stupid frau.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 18, 2024 7:40 PM

R72 how does this disprove what I said, you moron? She did it and people didn’t make excuses, it ruined her career.

And he wasn’t a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 73April 18, 2024 7:49 PM

Oh wait he was a teenager. Well it still ruined her career. Woody still has defenders, they’re posting now.

by Anonymousreply 74April 18, 2024 7:52 PM

[quote] Woody did go after those minor girls in Manhattan . They wouldn’t respond so he had to set his sights on the orphan his girlfriend adopted.

You love writing fiction. Do you have an agent?

by Anonymousreply 75April 18, 2024 8:11 PM

[quote] Yes, dating underage girls was considered degenerate.

It absolutely was not. Even Anjelica Huston talked about it recently.

by Anonymousreply 76April 18, 2024 8:12 PM

With a joint in his hand? My god, he's so edgy.

by Anonymousreply 77April 18, 2024 8:13 PM

R75 it’s public knowledge he went after the teenage actresses on his movies. It’s public knowledge he pursued a relationship with the adopted teenage daughter of his girlfriend. Which part is fiction exactly?

by Anonymousreply 78April 18, 2024 8:14 PM

R76 Angelica Huston defended pedophile sodomist Roman Polanski and adored her pedophile father. I think her views might be slightly colored.

by Anonymousreply 79April 18, 2024 8:16 PM

Get that young cock, Gloria!

by Anonymousreply 80April 18, 2024 8:42 PM

[quote]Soon-Yi is still married to Woody decades later.

No doubt a solely face-saving endeavor on his part.

by Anonymousreply 81April 19, 2024 3:54 AM

You have no relevance, Bill...go towards the light...

by Anonymousreply 82April 19, 2024 3:57 AM

R81 She’s not some retarded little girl under big bad Woody (who would fall apart with a gust of wind’s) thumb, my god.

by Anonymousreply 83April 19, 2024 2:03 PM

Also 17 is not underage in New York. Or most of the world.

by Anonymousreply 84April 19, 2024 2:04 PM

The cost benefit analysis on working with Woody has changed dramatically. As previously noted, he does't pay, doesn't interact with the cast and no longer attracts Oscar glory. Appartently Maher thinks talent should ignore that reality and take one for Team Woody. Perhaps Maher should go on a comedy tour with Bill Cosby and take the hit to his career. It's still a business Bill, get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 85April 19, 2024 2:06 PM

[quote] "some pretty damning" evidence, including Allen's desire for his girlfriends to "dress up in little anklets and Mary Janes and baby doll dresses."

What a thin rope to hang Woody with

by Anonymousreply 86April 21, 2024 3:48 AM

Mia to Patti: You could be working with Glenn Close.

Patti to Mia: You could be working with Woody Allen.

Thus ends Day 1 of rehearsals for The Roommate.

by Anonymousreply 87April 21, 2024 4:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!